PDA

View Full Version : Wepons with two damage types??

goodmanje
June 15th, 2019, 07:40
The Tactical Plasma Bolter does 1d10 E & F damage. I was doing some tests earlier where I shot a creature that is immune to electricity and it took no damage. Is there a way to make the ruleset take into account the weapon also does Force damage?

Thanks

Blahness98
June 15th, 2019, 18:47
I believe F is fire damage. I haven't seen many force weapons. Let me see what I can find.

goodmanje
June 15th, 2019, 18:50
Yes, I meant to say fire. Lol

rhammer2
June 17th, 2019, 03:05
I had to update the damage types to the written out standard: electricity, fire (instead of the short form E & F)

- Robert

Samarex
June 19th, 2019, 22:53
I had to update the damage types to the written out standard: electricity, fire (instead of the short form E & F)

- Robert

That may be the problem, If you put E & F it might not see the & as a and, try E and F

In anycase I will look at it today.

{EDITED}
Ok, got on the computer and tested. Multi types of damage were not going thru correct. I have got it converting E & P to electricity, piercing. Now I need to get it to actually do the damage correctly according to the Rule book.
WEAPON DAMAGE
The energy and kinetic damage types are described below,
including the abbreviations for each that appear in the weapon
tables in this chapter. Weapons that deal multiple types of
damage have an ampersand between the types (such as “B & E”
for a weapon that deals bludgeoning and electricity damage).
For such weapons, half the damage dealt is one type, and half
is the other (if the damage done is an odd number, select one
damage type to round up, rounding down the other damage
type normally).
So the way I am understanding this if the Weapon does E & P the damage is halved (Half to each type) and if the target is immune to electricity it would only take the piercing damage.

goodmanje
June 20th, 2019, 00:38
Thanks guys.

Samarex
June 20th, 2019, 21:25
Update

I got this issue fixed. If you put P & C for damage type, when you roll damage it first converts it to piercing, cold, then if the target is immune to cold it cuts the damage in half, if immune to both tyoes it resists it.

Im going to look thru the forum and see if there are some other quick fixes I can do.
I will set to have this pushed out soon.

Samarex