PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Grounds II: Beta Test Signup

Dupre
September 25th, 2006, 19:03
The beta test signup is now closed.

I bring good tidings from the Fantasy Grounds II development team. The beta test is set to begin November 1st.

The beta test signup is open henceforth till October 8th and everyone with a Fantasy Grounds full license can signup. The signup process requires an authentication key, which is created from your current Fantasy Grounds installation. Therefore you need to go through the signup steps using the PC, which has Fantasy Grounds full license version installed.

Without further delay, see you in New Dinor. :bandit:

Ram Tyr
September 25th, 2006, 19:35
WOOT! :D

CHEER!

AMAZING!

Is there any further documentation available from the manual that was put up a while back (https://forums.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4783)? An update perhaps?

I know that it has been mentioned before, but just to clarify, participating in the beta will not interfere with running the current FG version off the PC, correct?

I'm hoping that things turn out beautifully...

Thanks.
Ramza

Dupre
September 25th, 2006, 19:38
FGII will install parallel to 1.05f and will not interfere with it.

Griogre
September 25th, 2006, 20:56
I can participate the 1st of November.

Flynn
September 26th, 2006, 12:27
I keep getting an error message from the Authentication key generator that a DLL is missing. I've downloaded the generator three times, and I still get the same error message.

Any help would be appreciated,
Flynn

mr_h
September 26th, 2006, 14:05
I'd love to help out with the FG2 Beta :D

How will one be able to test it though, can you only play/connect to other folks with the beta?
It'd be nice to test it with the guys I normally play with...but only one has a full license :(

sunbeam60
September 26th, 2006, 14:53
WOOT! WOOT!

Awesomo! Sweet!

NOT the time for my computer to break :( Unfortunately, I'll not be able to participate, but I shall look forward to many a previews from FG2 and can't wait 'till it's released!

Congratulations to SmithWorks for getting this started, I bet you are all excited!

cybernetic
September 26th, 2006, 22:57
I'll be signing up as soon as I get home from work!

Sigurd
September 27th, 2006, 01:29
Time and commitments do not allow but I applaud this movement from the developers and wish them a complete, rewarding, and hopefully swift beta period.

Sigurd

Kalan
September 27th, 2006, 02:27
I bring good tidings from the Fantasy Grounds II development team. The beta test is set to begin November 1st.

The beta test signup is open henceforth till October 8th and everyone with a Fantasy Grounds full license can signup. The signup process requires an authentication key, which is created from your current Fantasy Grounds installation. Therefore you need to go through the signup steps using the PC, which has Fantasy Grounds full license version installed.

Note that the authentication key is created with a separate tool and it is not your license key.

Without further delay, see you in New Dinor. (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/community/betasignup.php) :bandit:

I have attempted to run the authentication tool - but keep getting an error message about a missing dll file...

*sighs*

Cantstanzya
September 27th, 2006, 03:32
I keep getting an error message from the Authentication key generator that a DLL is missing. I've downloaded the generator three times, and I still get the same error message.

Any help would be appreciated,
FlynnGoogle the dll and download it to your WinNT\System32 directory

Dupre
September 27th, 2006, 08:05
Flynn and Kalan,

Which DLL is it complaining about? You can do as Cantstanzya says, to Google and download it, but I'll see what I can do if you provide me the DLL's name.

Dupre
September 27th, 2006, 08:24
The missing file is MFC71.dll, which is part of the Microsoft .NET framework. You can download the DLL from here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/filelibrary/MFC71.dll) and place it under \Windows\System32 folder.

Apologies for this inconvenience.

sunbeam60
September 27th, 2006, 13:04
I have a question about previews. Seeing as I cannot participate in the beta itself, I was wondering what kind of NDAs beta testers are gonna be on?

I'd love for some intrepid community member to post an _extended_ review with bucketloads of screenshots, but somehow I would imagine Smithworks would be a little worried that noise about issues (which are bound to exist in beta software) could drown out the positive message that FGII will hopefully become.

nezzir
September 27th, 2006, 17:50
The missing file is MFC71.dll, which is part of the Microsoft .NET framework. You can download the DLL from here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/filelibrary/MFC71.dll) and place it under \Windows\System32 folder.

Apologies for this inconvenience.

You can also simply place it in the dir you're running the auth prog from. If you google "mfc71.dll", it's the first google hit.

mr_h
October 3rd, 2006, 14:13
I must be an idiot...where do we signup/dl? Cause...I wanna sign up and dl :(

:)

Ged
October 3rd, 2006, 14:19
The first post by Dupre contains a link, the one that says "Without further delay, see you in New Dinor." The beta itself commences on November the 1st but the signing up is going on as we speak.

mr_h
October 3rd, 2006, 14:22
Yeah, figures it's the one place I didnt click
*puts on his dunce cap, goes to sign up*

DarkStar
October 3rd, 2006, 16:04
Yeah, figures it's the one place I didnt click
*puts on his dunce cap, goes to sign up*

I had the same problem, mr_h, it was not so obvious you had to click that link, especially since at first I didn't notice it was a link. Perhaps beta signup should be placed somewhere on the main page, besides the forums.

Dupre
October 3rd, 2006, 17:53
I had the same problem, mr_h, it was not so obvious you had to click that link, especially since at first I didn't notice it was a link. Perhaps beta signup should be placed somewhere on the main page, besides the forums.

We want to offer this opportunity to those who are active forum members. Beta forums are also the primary method of feedback during beta test.

Natai
October 12th, 2006, 22:42
I am a publisher planning on releasing a pen & paper RPG called Proteus in January. I have been looking through these forums and asking some questions and I am now planning to provide FG rulesets and adventures for use with my game system.
I also saw that the Beta signup for 2.0 has just finished, what do you suppose the chances are that I would still be able to participate in that? My game uses a rather unique system and it would be helpful to get in on the Beta, not only to make sure it could support my game, but also to ensure that 2.0 is flexible enough to support a larger number of game types outside of the normal d20, D&D, WoD, etc. I would certainly be willing to purchase the full license of 1.05 if it meant I could be involved in the development of software that would work well with my game system.
For more information check out my posts at https://dev.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?p=33210#post33210
and https://dev.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4863&page=2
Thanks