PDA

View Full Version : Overiding parent ruleset in favour of grandparent

peterb
June 14th, 2019, 11:48
I'd like to override my parent ruleset in favor of the grandparent.

An example: ruleset B is the child of ruleset A and B uses different fonts. Extension (or ruleset) C is based on B but would rather use the fonts used by A.

It's my understanding that FG first reads A then superimposes any changes made by B and then again superimposes any changes made by C. So, how do I reference the grandparent ruleset? Is this documented somewhere?

Thanks,
Peter

damned
June 14th, 2019, 13:21
I'd like to override my parent ruleset in favor of the grandparent.

An example: ruleset B is the child of ruleset A and B uses different fonts. Extension (or ruleset) C is based on B but would rather use the fonts used by A.

It's my understanding that FG first reads A then superimposes any changes made by B and then again superimposes any changes made by C. So, how do I reference the grandparent ruleset? Is this documented somewhere?

Thanks,
Peter

Reintroduce the fonts from ruleset A in your extension C.

peterb
June 14th, 2019, 14:48
Do you mean:
A) Copy grandparents fonts to my own font directory and then reference those in my own graphics_font.xml file? or
B) Use the grandparents fonts in my graphics_font.xml file and when FG don't find them in the parents font folder, then FG will look for them in the grandparents font folder?

/Peter

damned
June 14th, 2019, 15:14
try just using the fonts xml from the base ruleset.
im pretty sure that FG will find the actual font files in the previously loaded rulesets.

peterb
June 14th, 2019, 15:18
OK. Thanks for the help.
/Peter