PDA

View Full Version : Token Storage

Gryfen
June 5th, 2019, 00:50
Is there a way to change the bag the tokens are stored in.... I have several of Darkwoulfe's Token packs.... but i want to put the tokens in better labeled bags (Drow - Ettin - Elf - Dwarf) to make it easier to locate what i am looking for. ( I have a LOT of tokens :)

Zacchaeus
June 5th, 2019, 09:07
If you can access the files make a token module https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?43011-How-to-make-a-Token-Module&p=382389#post382389

If not then no there isn't.

JohnD
June 5th, 2019, 13:16
You can search tokens by name too.

Gryfen
June 6th, 2019, 01:43
Zac, Thanks... that was a great link... that lets me move the Devin Night tokens i bought.... but not the Darkwoulfe ones... they don't seem to be in the module file? Is there somewhere else i should be looking?

I am actually thinking about buying the sets again from the DM's guild and not buying tokens from the FG store Because of this.

LordEntrails
June 6th, 2019, 04:21
Some graphic files are encrypted and some are not. Depends when they were created and what the artist wanted.

Zacchaeus
June 6th, 2019, 11:00
Zac, Thanks... that was a great link... that lets me move the Devin Night tokens i bought.... but not the Darkwoulfe ones... they don't seem to be in the module file? Is there somewhere else i should be looking?

I am actually thinking about buying the sets again from the DM's guild and not buying tokens from the FG store Because of this.

If you can't see those modules in the modules folder then they'll be in the vault folder and that means they are not accessible.

Gryfen
June 6th, 2019, 23:53
Ahhh... I had a feeling. Oh Well... thats too bad... really sours me on buying from the FG store... I understand the whole don't steal from me thing... but I can buy the same tokens from other Non FG2 only sites... and move them around as i see fit....Its just a convenience thing.

But hey... thanks for taking the time to let me know... your time is appreciated.

LordEntrails
June 7th, 2019, 00:06
Ahhh... I had a feeling. Oh Well... thats too bad... really sours me on buying from the FG store... I understand the whole don't steal from me thing... but I can buy the same tokens from other Non FG2 only sites... and move them around as i see fit....Its just a convenience thing.

But hey... thanks for taking the time to let me know... your time is appreciated.
Most artists who sell their tokens on the FG Store and elsewhere are willing to have their modules left un-encrypted. BUT, at least sometimes they were not aware of the option (or even that their modules would be encrypted by default). I suspect if you reach out to Darkwoulfe and let him know his tokens packs (with specifics) are encrypted in FG and why you would like them not to be encrypted, he can then reach out to SmiteWorks and let them know he does not want his products (some or all) encrypted and they can then push the appropriate version(s) on their next update.

Gryfen
June 7th, 2019, 14:12
Hello M'lord, (heheh) I will probably send Darkwoulfe an Email... As you say, he may not know. But my Situation is resolved... I bought them from RPG Now, and intalled all 5 last night, plus i got the 3 Prisoner of the Drow packs as well... Heheh So my Drow pack is looking good for an army battle now :)

To be clear, This doesn't Sour me on Fantasy Grounds AT ALL, I have tried Many VTT's and while each tends to excel at one point or another.... FG2 is by far the best VTT DMing tool out there. I have been using it for years, Just the Token set up doesn't work for my style :)

No Blood no Foul... But thanks for the response and Idea.

Trenloe
June 7th, 2019, 15:42
To expand on what Lord Entrails said - encrypted products is the FG standard and very often the artist is not aware of the full functionality/possible setups in FG. For example, the Devin Night tokens were all originally encrypted, but then were changed to be unencrypted after some users enquired about it.