PDA

View Full Version : Hyborean Calendar

TheFirDarrig
May 31st, 2019, 01:59
Hello I was wondering if there was any calendar for the Conan world on this site, intending to run a Conan 2d20 game and have been unable to find an actual calendar for it. Either that or a good tutorial on how to make calendars would be awesome.

mattekure
May 31st, 2019, 12:33
assuming the ruleset is based off of CoreRPG, you can check out the tutorial I did on calendars here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?47885-Fantasy-Grounds-Custom-Calendar-Tutorial

TheFirDarrig
May 31st, 2019, 17:07
It uses the morecore ruleset. Don't know if that changes things

mattekure
May 31st, 2019, 17:13
I believe MoreCore is built on CoreRPG, so you should be fine.

TheFirDarrig
May 31st, 2019, 17:20
Perfect thanks.

Ranzarok
July 28th, 2019, 20:47
Heya mattekure, I downloaded your tutorial, unzipped and took a look at the files. My question is: if I was to create a new calendar based on one of the samples you have provided how to I go about adding it as a mod that shows up in the list when I click on the calendar button in FG? Do I add the necessary xml to the existing db.xml and re-zip it (with .mod extension)?

mattekure
July 28th, 2019, 21:34
In my calendar examples, in each example folder is either one or two subfolders. If the calendar doesnt require an extension, there will just be a single folder titled "Module Code". Inside the Module Code folder will be a db.xml and definition.xml. To create your calendar you will edit those 2 files. To make it into a module, you would create a zip file containing just those 2 xml files (do not include the folder they are in). Rename the zip file extension to .mod. that can be added to your modules folder and loaded from within FG.

Ranzarok
July 28th, 2019, 22:02
Thanks for the quick reply and explanation.

Ranzarok
July 28th, 2019, 22:47
Well that was painless. :)

If I was to use one that included an extension, I assume I zip the lua file into the same mod archive, and include the extension "script name" line into my own extension file (where I have everything else for my own extension)?

<script name="Example4" file="Example4.lua" />

mattekure
July 28th, 2019, 22:59
No, so all the files in the extension folder would be zipped together into a zip file and the extension renamed .ext. This file will go into the extensions folder. You do not combine the extension files in the same archive as the module.

Ranzarok
July 29th, 2019, 10:22
Thanks