PDA

View Full Version : PF2 Playtest The Rose Street Revenge MON June 3rd 6 PM GMT (7 PM UK, 8 PM GER)

stephan_
May 30th, 2019, 20:09
PF2 Playtest The Rose Street Revenge June 3rd 6 PM GMT (7 PM UK, 8 PM GER)

Edit: The next game (the remaining two quests) is scheduled to be MON June 17th 6 PM GMT (7 PM UK, 8 PM GER).

Please schedule around 4 hours for the game

Rules on creating your character can be found here (https://paizo.com/threads/rzs2v9cg?Creating-Your-Own-Playtest-Character).

I can have the server up for you to build your character either FR evening or during the weekend. If you have a standard license you should however also be able to build it yourself.

I know that it is relatively short notice but please try to send me your character 24 hours before the game so I can review any relevant rules. We're all presumably pretty new to the rules, including me.

More general discussion on suitable times and next sessions here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?49409).

Please note that playtest rules will likely substantially differ from the final PF2 rules.

About the scenario:

A series of Pathfinder Society quests designed for 1st-level PCs.

Less than a year has passed since the Fiendflesh Siege, in which Absalom fended off an invading coalition of demonflesh constructs and the living dead. The siege lord offered freedom to any slave in Absalom willing to aid in the city's defense, and since that grand manumission, the city's slave trade has practically disappeared. The Pathfinder Society is one of many organizations that opened its doors to Absalom's newest citizens. However, several of the ex-slaves have been turning up dead, in other cases disappearing entirely. The Society doesn't often investigate serial killings, but one of its newest recruits is the latest victim. It's time for a band of Pathfinders to follow the clues, uncover these crimes, and end this threat.

The Rose Street Revengeis a series of four quests, each of which run about 40-60 minutes and highlight Pathfinder Second Edition rules. The series includes three quests that can be played in any order as well as a finale.

Technical details:

We will use Fantasy Grounds (I have an Ultimate license) and Teamspeak.

Steps before the game:

Make sure to both apply here as well as in the game calendar (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=3508), stating which character you'd like to play.

I should have some way to look up your Paizo Organized Play #.

Make sure you have updated Fantasy Grounds.

FG alias and Teamspeak server can be found under GM annnouncements in the game calendar.

Currently all spots would be filled but feel free to apply to the waiting list.

stephan_
May 30th, 2019, 21:07
Update: I was just informed by someone that attended paizocon that some of the rules changed substantially.

To emphasize the fact: Please do not expect the playtest rules to be the same as the final rules.

In light of this, we'll probably not spend too much time discussing specific rules that are likely to change.

Malkavian_Andi
May 30th, 2019, 21:52
As far as I know, as long as we use the PF2 ruleset on Fantasy Grounds, we should be using the most recent update of the playtest rules. There might, however, still be substantial changes in the finished product.

I'll build a character during the weekend and send it to you. Shouldn't be too much work as it's 1st level.

glacius
May 31st, 2019, 01:37
I will put something together tomorrow or so and get it over to you. I was thinking an goblin alchemist.

stephan_
May 31st, 2019, 10:58
Alright, thanks.

There might, however, still be substantial changes in the finished product.

This. It mainly is a warning not to expect the final rules to be the same as the playtest rules as there reportedly have been some major changes.

Trenloe
May 31st, 2019, 17:40
As far as I know, as long as we use the PF2 ruleset on Fantasy Grounds, we should be using the most recent update of the playtest rules. There might, however, still be substantial changes in the finished product.
Correct and correct.

Myrddin
June 1st, 2019, 10:53
I am putting a Human Bard together. Will send tomorrow latest.

Yardaantex
June 1st, 2019, 23:07
Mondays is not a good for me, I can't make those.
So I am going to wish you guys the best of luck and above all have fun.

kellerech
June 1st, 2019, 23:19
It will be Dwarven Fighter for me. Just creating now so will forward tomorrow.

stephan_
June 1st, 2019, 23:44
Alright, thanks.

Mondays is not a good for me, I can't make those.
So I am going to wish you guys the best of luck and above all have fun.

Unfortunately timezones and available timeslots are the eternal crux of online (but also offline) games.

Myrddin
June 2nd, 2019, 09:23
Kyrian Starlock character .xml

kellerech
June 2nd, 2019, 20:19
Argent the dwarf fighter attached

Saqcat
June 3rd, 2019, 17:44
Sorry for sharing it so late, attached you will find my character.

stephan_
June 3rd, 2019, 18:31
Alright, thanks.

The server is up.

kellerech
June 3rd, 2019, 22:05
Thanks again for tonight. In case you need it my Pathfinder Society ID is 124105
See you all on the 17th

stephan_
June 3rd, 2019, 22:35
Thanks, I hope to see all of you on the 17th again for the next two quests.

The two quests should now be reported on the paizo site.

If I don't have your email or Discord, you can find the chronicle attached.

@Myrddin: I don't think I have your Paizo Organized Play ID but be sure to correct me if I missed it somehow.

Edit: And for anyone else interested: The next game (the remaining two quests) is scheduled to be MON June 17th 6 PM GMT (7 PM UK, 8 PM GER).

jakemtl
June 6th, 2019, 04:23
I have a level 1 and a level 2 character that I can bring for this one depending on the level of the characters. The Level 1 character is fresh and the Level 2 character finished the first part playtest. Applied on the calendar as a level 1 just in case and will provide the .xml file when you le me know which one you want me to play.

Artaron
June 6th, 2019, 08:45
Jake I think Stephan is running these ones as "official playtest", and therefore, unless I'm mistaken, the adventures are all a fixed level 1 (with additional adventures being fixed 5 or 10)
What are you playing as?

stephan_
June 6th, 2019, 11:50
Correct.

With the playtest it doesn't make too much of a difference but yes, the level for the next game is level 1.

Artaron
June 6th, 2019, 12:18
Well it'd make a difference because nice things happen character development wise at lvl2 and lvl 6 among others, so if there are multiple level 1 and lvl 5 quests it would be great to level up through them to try that lvl 2 and 6 content

stephan_
June 6th, 2019, 12:29
There's unfortunately not enough content (excluding Doomsday Dawn which seems to be particularly focused to stress-test specific mechanics) to cover level 2 and 6 individually. Only the level 1 scenario consists of quests, the other ones seem to be regular scenarios.

jakemtl
June 6th, 2019, 14:09
OK, Jonathan, thanks for the update - so here is my introduction.

​A diminuitive creature approaches your group and softly clears his voice. ​ "Hello, My name is Lokeyach" ​says a small gnome with pronounced features donning leather garb and a small bow over his shoulder.​ "I hear you guys are investigating the dealth of one of your newest recruits. To tell you the truth, I knew him only in passing." (pun intended) ​ At this he pauses for a second as in deep thought, as he sniffs the air...​ "I can sense the smell of murder most foul. I would appreciate the opportunity to join your quest and play my part in this work, and I guess with the death of your newest recruit, this leaves you one man short in your numbers. So if you are looking for a short man to shore up your numbers, then consider this small gnome as one of your own."

stephan_
June 8th, 2019, 22:35
Looking at the eager recruit the VC thinks to himself: "Well, what's the worst that can happen with a gnome in the party... I'm sure it will be fine. Probably."

@everyone: As I was asked several times by different persons:

Originally, the plan was (and still is) to run the game every second week. Due to splitting the quests across two dates there were some questions whether this still applies to the next date however.

I had assumed so but based on the responses so far there are other opinions.

With this background: Do you want to play the two remaining quests (about 2-3 hours) on MON 17th or would everyone already have time on (or at least wouldn't mind) MON 10th (so that the next level 5 scenario can be played on either MON 25th or MON 17th)?

Again, this does not change the original plan of running every second week but takes into account that the quests don't take as much time.

I am fine with either decision: I can run it but don't have to.

(On another note, regardless of the answer no game will be scheduled on the 1st of July as I'll probably be busy.)

Malkavian_Andi
June 8th, 2019, 22:42
I'd have time on the 10th, so I wouldn't mind playing then, but I'm also ok with sticking to the original plan and playing the last 2 quests on the 17th.
I probably don't have time on the 24th, though.

kellerech
June 9th, 2019, 10:37
I'm fine to play the 10th and then either `7th or 25th as suggested.

Myrddin
June 10th, 2019, 02:16
I prefer to stick to playing every second week, so 17th next. I'm not available on 10th.

Artaron
June 10th, 2019, 06:53
I'm also fine for the 10th (today) and 17th, and unavailable on the 24th

stephan_
June 10th, 2019, 10:27
Alright, thanks.

Based on the responses (and the fact that it already is Monday) I would say we stick to the original schedule, so the last two remaining quests will be on MON 17th.

Please note we might have to take a short break afterwards if we don't have enough people to schedule something on the 24th as I'll be traveling the following week.

CthulhuHalo
June 15th, 2019, 07:24
I'd be interested in joining if I may? Pathfinder 2 seems interesting. I'm not sure what I'd play, probably a gnome rogue if possible. If not, a gnome paladin works. I can whip up a character before the session on Monday with minimal effort.

stephan_
June 15th, 2019, 09:10
Alright, thanks. Please send me your character around 24 hours before the game so I can review any relevant rules.

As mentioned before be aware this is the playtest, so the rules will still change (or to be more precise: they have already changed but we don't know these changes yet).

I'm pretty sure the 7 characters maximum rule also applies to the playtest but I'll look it up.

@everyone: As I believe we are at seven players now currently all spots would be filled.

If anyone is not available for a particular date please notify me in advance so I can tell any additional players

stephan_
June 17th, 2019, 18:04
The server is up.

I'll still be afk but if you need anything, contact me in the chat window.

stephan_
June 18th, 2019, 00:05
Reporting sheets attached (_4 for those that played all 4 quests, _2 for those who joined today).

@CthulhuHalo: If you have a Paizo Organized Play # feel free to send it to me so I can include you in the reporting.

stephan_
June 18th, 2019, 22:37
Doodle link for scenario #2 (https://doodle.com/poll/qrsvv2kkgbrmenb4)

Time should be 6 PM GMT (5.00 or 5.30 PM GMT would usually also work)

5th level character rules here (https://paizo.com/threads/rzs2v9cg?Creating-Your-Own-Playtest-Character)

stephan_
June 24th, 2019, 11:20
Still waiting for one more player to fill out the Doodle.

In the meantime, THU June 27th, WED July 10th and MON July 15th seem to be the more popular options.

As there likely is little sense of running the playtest later than the end of July (with PF2 being released on the 1st of August), I'm inclined to run at least one game before July 15th to at least offer each scenario once.

One game probably on MON July 15th, one additional game either MON July 22nd or MON July 29th, if the playtest is still open by then.

stephan_
June 26th, 2019, 10:39
As one player is still missing on the Doodle: If there is no update from me in the next few hours assume no game tomorrow.

Saqcat
June 26th, 2019, 19:07
Ok Stephan. Thanks for your time.

stephan_
June 26th, 2019, 23:01
With the combination of only three players so far, the short time frame and the current heat wave: Confirmation that there is no game on the 27th. WED July 10th seems like the most likely candidate for the next game, followed by the regular date on MON July 15th.

stephan_
July 9th, 2019, 11:29
Apologies for the short notice but I was unavailable until today:

Is there enough interest for a 5th level PF2 scenario tomorrow?

Next scheduled game (either after or instead of tomorrow) on MON July 15th.

glacius
July 9th, 2019, 11:53
I would love to join.
What times on those days?

Apologies for the short notice but I was unavailable until today:

Is there enough interest for a 5th level PF2 scenario tomorrow?

Next scheduled game (either after or instead of tomorrow) on MON July 15th.

stephan_
July 9th, 2019, 12:36
So far, time has been around 6 PM GMT (with some flexibility depending on players' schedules).

Some more information:

Be aware it is the playtest, so not the final rules that will be released in August.

The scenario will most likely be Raiders of Shrieking Peak (Arclord's Envy if the other one is really bad).

It will be for (newly constructed) 5th level characters, see link above.

kellerech
July 9th, 2019, 23:29
I aim to be there on the 10th Stephan. Just trying to get levelled up t0 5

kellerech
July 10th, 2019, 00:18
OK Im really struggling to understand how to level up. Its late now so Ill try again tomorrow after work. Apologies in advance.

jakemtl
July 10th, 2019, 00:22
If you need help leveling up during EST, I can open my FG and have you connect to create a character. Let me know if and when you want me to help out.

stephan_
July 10th, 2019, 11:06
Due to the lack of responses so far I'm unfortunately not too confident that there will be a game today.

I will be online at 6 PM GMT but we would need at least 3 players.

If you are able to attend today's session but haven't told me, please write me a quick message.

I will post here if there is new information.

Saqcat
July 10th, 2019, 17:06
Sorry Stephan, I tought that next sesion was the 15th of July. Unfortenatly today I am not able to play the game, i will totally be able for next Monday tough.

kellerech
July 10th, 2019, 17:14
Hello Stephan, further to last nights message I just can’t make it tonight. I’m not levelled up yet (thanks for your offer jakemtl) but more importantly still stuck at work for a while. I am available this coming Monday though. Sorry this is last minute.

stephan_
July 10th, 2019, 17:30
Alright, no problem. It was rather short notice.

With that, no game today, next game on July 15th 6 PM GMT.

I'll probably post a new thread for it later so I can determine how many players there will be.

stephan_
July 10th, 2019, 19:23
See here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?49941) for the next game (it's easier to see how many players there are).

stephan_
July 14th, 2019, 21:58
If you haven't done so already, please sign up here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?49941) for the next game tomorrow so I know whether to expect a pregen or not.