PDA

View Full Version : Gaming Table 1.0 (multimedia)

Steve Flammang
May 30th, 2019, 14:03
Hi everyone,

Just as asked by someone, here are some pictures of the Gaming Table I´ve build for my D&D group.

Trenloe
May 30th, 2019, 14:17
Very cool.

Which seat's the GM's seat?

Valyar
May 30th, 2019, 15:56
It looks more like a LAN party... :)

LordEntrails
May 30th, 2019, 17:05
Thanks for sharing :)

Steve Flammang
May 30th, 2019, 20:12
On picture 02 it´s upper right

Steve Flammang
May 30th, 2019, 20:23
yes that´s true, but like this I can share pictures/story/maps/ etc... more individually :) but thanks for the comment

Notsag
May 30th, 2019, 20:24
Awesome, wish we could do something like that someday, we just have 2 laptops (1 for me as the gm and another one for the players on the table that gets passed around), but that has to be one of the coolest things i have seen, congrats!.

Steve Flammang
May 31st, 2019, 12:08
Thank you!

Totaly understand you Notsag
So if you want something similar go step by step we also didn´t have all that stuff in one time:)perhaps you can try to get your hand on 1 second hand laptop/tv screen
buy it all together (depending on your players for sure) take a mouse and keyboard and your first player is good to go ;)

Since I´m playing D&D I wanted a table like that and finally after 27 years I made my dream come through :D (thank you Fantasy Grounds!)

Trenloe
May 31st, 2019, 15:45
Since I´m playing D&D I wanted a table like that and finally after 27 years I made my dream come through :D
Fantastic! :)

Art Wendorf
June 3rd, 2019, 12:12
Really curious what hardware you have here. Multiple computers? One central hub? What kind?

I just gotta know! (heh).

Three of Swords
June 3rd, 2019, 20:16
What's with the one section that sticks out (bottom right of 01)? That seems like an accident waiting to happen.

Otherwise very cool.

Steve Flammang
June 5th, 2019, 17:17
Hi Art Wendorf,

Have my main laptop (ASUS ROG 752Vwith the Ultimate licensce),
and than under the table are sitting an other 5 laptop (FG Free licenses):Lenovo Notebook 330-15AST (with ,
I also installed an internet hub so players can connect via fix Internet or Wlan whatever works better,
TV´s: LG 22M47;
keyboards: Aplic 2.4GHZ wireless
and Mouses: TX wireless
Hope the answer is good enough ;)

Hector Trelane
June 5th, 2019, 17:24
Do you find that in play the screens are a distraction? Seems like nobody would look at one another, just their screens. Curious to know how it works out in your experience.

Steve Flammang
June 5th, 2019, 17:27
Hello Three of Swords
Yes, table is not 100% finished (was the last part to finish but I wanted the pictures online for last friday.
But that´s done know ;)

Thank you

Steve Flammang
June 5th, 2019, 17:57
Hi Hector
Indeed that was/is a little problem (just the reason why I have set the TV screens in that angle) an with the octagonal build the screens doesn´t really block sight. Also when I am DMíng I try to get my players involved (walking around the table, whispering in a players ear, changing voices, etc... make the players look at me and use the screens essentially for combat. I think we will have to find a good middle way but yes I´m curious too

Hector Trelane
June 5th, 2019, 18:03
Hi Hector
Indeed that was/is a little problem (just the reason why I have set the TV screens in that angle) an with the octagonal build the screens doesn´t really block sight. Also when I am DMíng I try to get my players involved (walking around the table, whispering in a players ear, changing voices, etc... make the players look at me and use the screens essentially for combat. I think we will have to find a good middle way but yes I´m curious too

Cool. You are definitely innovating with the tools of gaming here.

Some indie RPGs are quite innovative with game rules and other devices (jenga towers, candles) as game tools that help build a story.

I think we're in a golden age of gaming innovation. Who knew that 70s/80s teenagers would stick with their adolescent hobbies all the way through to the years when they had real purchasing power? A wonder to behold...

Art Wendorf
June 8th, 2019, 13:37
Hi Art Wendorf,

Have my main laptop (ASUS ROG 752Vwith the Ultimate licensce),
and than under the table are sitting an other 5 laptop (FG Free licenses):Lenovo Notebook 330-15AST (with ,
I also installed an internet hub so players can connect via fix Internet or Wlan whatever works better,
TV´s: LG 22M47;
keyboards: Aplic 2.4GHZ wireless
and Mouses: TX wireless
Hope the answer is good enough ;)

very cool.

Steve Flammang
March 6th, 2020, 17:31
Hi Folks

Here is a new picture of my gaming table with a little surface upgrade (still not totally finished), thinkin about some cupholders and dice trays/towers too.

Comments are welcome :)

Heilemann
July 23rd, 2020, 16:33
Need to see this when it's in play!

tmandeville
September 27th, 2020, 22:19
What are you using for brackets to hold the monitors at an angle. I was thinking of doing the same with my table but havnt figured out what to do about that yet.

Steve Flammang
September 28th, 2020, 17:30
What are you using for brackets to hold the monitors at an angle. I was thinking of doing the same with my table but havnt figured out what to do about that yet.

Hi tmandeville,
Had the same problem until I did my own 3D printed brackets, but they are a little bit shabby cause I did them quickly (had to do adjustment the monitor angle afterwards)

Zychrias
November 4th, 2020, 00:16
Looks pretty cool!

I'm testing around running a Virtual Machine server to do a very similar setup. FGU hosts on the GM side quite decently on a i5-4590. With the recent updates over the summer GPU usage dropped from 100% down to 50%, and holds around 80-85% when running a map with LOS and effects involved.

Hector Trelane
November 10th, 2020, 18:00
Hi Folks

Here is a new picture of my gaming table with a little surface upgrade (still not totally finished), thinkin about some cupholders and dice trays/towers too.

Comments are welcome :)

Isn't that the control console for the TARDIS? You can indeed go anywhere, any time in your games.

Steve Flammang
November 10th, 2020, 19:05
Looks pretty cool!

I'm testing around running a Virtual Machine server to do a very similar setup. FGU hosts on the GM side quite decently on a i5-4590. With the recent updates over the summer GPU usage dropped from 100% down to 50%, and holds around 80-85% when running a map with LOS and effects involved.

Thanks for comment!

Steve Flammang
November 10th, 2020, 19:09
Isn't that the control console for the TARDIS? You can indeed go anywhere, any time in your games.

Indeed Hector! That's my time machine just have to sit down and imagine where I wanna go :D