PDA

View Full Version : Dwellers of the Forbidden City

Culdraug
May 28th, 2019, 23:15
Hi,

Love the new 2e ruleset modules.

I have encountered a couple of issues and was wondering if I did something wrong.

The city wandering monster table for day rolls don't seem to match the entries. For example, I rolled a 5 and it gave me Yuan Ti. 2 gave me bugbear and 3 gave me another Yuan Ti.

I noticed there are tournament characters. It was nice to see them made into pre-generated characters. However, 2 are missing. Is that by design?

Thanks!

-Brad

hawkwind
May 29th, 2019, 08:05
two tournament are missing as there are no 1/2 orcs or monks in the 2e rule set so i left them out.
I'll have a check on on the wandering monster tables table for. No doubt there will be a patch/update soon as Celestian has introduced me to the map align tool so hopefully i can get the maps to align a bit better.

On the subject of maps you may prefer to use these maps https://imgur.com/gallery/NHVwB

hawkwind
May 29th, 2019, 11:36
Re the city wandering monster table, I have just opened the module and checked the table and every thing seems fine, i think whats happened is that there is nested table roll for & Yuan Ti random encounter which roll an additional dice on a sub table called Yuan Ti random encounter

Culdraug
May 30th, 2019, 22:42
I am still having the problem. I tried creating a new campaign. I was going to delete the module then reinstall but cannot find it.

As you see by the roles. I get Yuan Ti when I am not supposed to (and others, just didn't continue rolling).

Is the start of the range supposed to be missing?

Thanks!

celestian
May 30th, 2019, 23:05
Hawk, I think it's because you used a range for some and not for others. I made a copy of the table and set the range for everything and it worked fine after that.

https://i.imgur.com/SsWdmx9.png

JohnD
May 30th, 2019, 23:06
You don't even need a range, just the initial number should work... it does for me.

celestian
May 30th, 2019, 23:09
You don't even need a range, just the initial number should work... it does for me.

The problem is he used them on some and not others. I don't think that works.

You either have to use them everywhere or not at all. At least that's what my testing shows.

JohnD
May 30th, 2019, 23:15
Yes, you are right about that. :)

hawkwind
May 31st, 2019, 08:56
OK I will alter it, I'm on a camp site in countryside at the moment but I will get it sorted at the weekend and submit the updates to Smiteworks asap