PDA

View Full Version : Back again with another noob question concerning object lists.`

Xyvius
May 28th, 2019, 17:09
For the 5E extension that I am working on it would really be awesome if I could create a new list of objects. Similar to the inventory but with custom defined fields within each object. I am however lost, as I don't see any way to do so. What am I missing?

Sorry for the noob questions, I may have bitten off more than I should have for a first project, lol.

Thanks Xy

Moon Wizard
May 29th, 2019, 01:26
You may want to take a look at a simple list like Languages (inherited from CoreRPG ruleset). You need to define a windowlist control that uses a new windowclass for the items you want to display.

Regards,
JPG

Xyvius
May 30th, 2019, 02:59
Thanks for the response JPG. I will look into it more when I have the time. Of all the programming languages I know, I have taught myself them all by choosing a goal to accomplish and figuring out what I needed to along the way to accomplish that goal or project. In the past, this has always worked for me and I become more proficient with each added goal line I crossed. I am starting to wonder if I chose a goal to far out for my first attempt with this, as it actually involves two new languages really, not just one.

That being said, I have no intention of giving up, I just need to read a bit more I think before I move forward. I succeeded in creating a tag inside the DB.xml just not with putting anything in it. I will read more and touch base with you all afterward. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.
Xy

Tabulazero
May 30th, 2019, 14:03
I am working on the same subject. So far I managed to create a window I can lock on and off. Next step is to take it and make it into a list object. I am about to dive into the joys of the DragInfo function.

I do not think Fantasy Ground is particularly hard but a lot of time is being wasted getting to grip with how each function work through trials and errors.