PDA

View Full Version : Please try to connect to me

Ancannios
September 20th, 2006, 20:24
I would like someone faithful and lawful good:D (sorry bout that) to test my connection, it will be running the next 24 hrs, so please, please
NOSY DICE SOFT LUCK

Oberoten
September 20th, 2006, 22:29
Alas, unable to connect.

Have you checked port 1802?

grider
September 21st, 2006, 04:32
I'd be happy to help you...drop me an email when you are ready...

Ancannios
September 21st, 2006, 06:07
Where can I check the port?

tdwyer11b
September 21st, 2006, 06:28
wasn't able to connect either.

Oberoten
September 21st, 2006, 12:47
Where can I check the port?

https://www.canyouseeme.org/ Is a good one. :) It helped me lots.

Ram Tyr
September 21st, 2006, 14:15
I just wanted to point you in this direction, in case you stumble upon more questions as you move forward.

FG Knowledge Base - Firewalls (https://forums.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4279)

I hope this helps.

Later.
Ramza

Ancannios
September 21st, 2006, 19:06
I dont have the password to my router! It is the gaylords that did our internet connection who have it!:mad: And I see no way my parents are going to let me change any of the internet settings, even if I asked them for the password
Is there no other way to open port 1802?:(

bhoins
September 21st, 2006, 20:20
If the router is plug and play, which is different from cards or drives that are plug and play, some software will automatically open your firewall in your router. One in particular that will is Screenmonkey. However with that option the issue is that it will also automatically close it when you exit the software. (Why ScreenMonkey is the only one of this genre of software that will do this is beyond me.)

Otherwise you need to have the password.

Ancannios
September 21st, 2006, 20:31
I guessed the password!:p
(I know you guys are not really interested in my little problem, but, for the sake of the good feeling, I had to tell you this:D )
Now all that remains is to open the port(s) and then Ill notify you to try and test my connection again (if you want to).
Happy Gaming:)

Ancannios
September 21st, 2006, 21:56
So, I configured my router to allow port 1802, shut down about 20 firewalls, now anyone can try to connect to me (nosy dice soft luck). I think it still will not work, since canyouseeme.org says im not in there, or whatever. But if it doesnt work this time, the gaylords at Onyx Engineering will have a hard time...
Muhahahahahaha :pirate:

bhoins
September 21st, 2006, 21:58
Why would you have or want more than one hardware firewall and one software one?

bhoins
September 21st, 2006, 21:59
No Joy on the connection.

Ancannios
September 21st, 2006, 22:13
Dagnabbit
:mad: :pirate:
MUHAHAHAHAHAHA

Ancannios
September 21st, 2006, 22:16
I think I know where the problem lies now...
Does the fact that I am connected to the internet through another coumputer make a significant difference? Do I have to apply the same settings to that computer as to mine?

Griogre
September 22nd, 2006, 19:28
You probably need to port forward 1802 to your computer. You have at least two computers on your private LAN. The router needs to know which computer to send the data to.

By the way, you should configure your firewalls to work with FG not just disable them. If you catch something because they are missing - somehow I don't think your parents are going to be, ahem, very understanding. :p