PDA

View Full Version : LFP, 1-2, TW2000, Modern, Post Apoc Campaign, THU 6-9am PST

greybeardgunner70
May 25th, 2019, 20:07
We would like to expand our group by a couple players. The current group is predominantly older players with a military or law enforcement background, though we have players in their 20s, as well as those without any Mil/LE experience. Looking for mature players interested in a no magic, modern setting, focused on problem solving, realistic combat and heroic adventure. We are currently rehashing the Twilight 2000 campaign setting. This setting deals with soldiers (mostly) trying to survive in eastern Europe as WWIII fizzles out. PCs have to figure out how to survive while attempting to create a safe place to settle down or find a way back home to the US. Lots of small unit combats and plenty of RP.

About Me: I'm a 49yo US Army officer set to retire in about three months and looking at getting back into tabletop RPGs as a hobby. I played a lot when I was younger and have played on both Roll20 and FG for the last couple years, mostly GMing DnD and Harn games. My experience so far has taught me a few valuable lessons. Chiefly, that I prefer roleplay over rollplay and will actively seek games that challenge me on an intellectual level, rather than my luck with die rolling. The dungeon crawl, hack and cast stuff, was great as a young adult, but my tastes are a little more complex now. I would very much like to form a group of like minded individuals. Realism is key in my games. I know the majority of players seek out RPGs for the escapist aspects of a fantasy world, and that's great. I simply thrive on the stress and tension of real world problems and situations and enjoy working through those in a tense, yet non-threatening, environment. If that appeals to you, than you will enjoy my table.

FG License: Ultimate

Game System: I have created a hybrid of Twilight 2000 and Phoenix Command Combat System (PCCS), which I affectionately call Twilight Phoenix. Both of these game systems come from the 80's - 90's, a time when game systems were experimenting with realism in order to stand out in an already over-crowded RPG market. As a result, they both gained a reputation as being clunky and slow to play, due to the steep learning curve and complex mechanics. However, thanks to modern technology, I have managed to automate most of those mechanics and in play testing the game runs smoothly and quickly. TW2000 is focused on replicating modern soldiers stranded in a post apocalypse environment, while PCCS is exclusively focused on making gun combat as realistic as possible. I use TW2000 for their character creation and task resolution model, and PCCS for combat.

Time Zone: 9pm -12am, US, Eastern Standard Time

Day of week and time: THU

Planned Duration & Frequency: 2-3 hours, weekly

Term: Long term campaign

Text or Voice: Voice

Voice software used: Discord or Google

Will this be recorded and/or live streamed? Nope

Number of Players in game & needed: No more than 4 or 5 players. Due to lethality, would encourage players to have two PCs, so party could be 5-8 in number.

scook6987
June 6th, 2019, 01:43
Hi. Would be interested in giving this a serious try. Used to play Morrow Project and a wee bit of TW2k back in its heyday. A friend (82nd AR) would also be interested. Funny thing is, we were just talking about TW2k last week and how we never saw anybody doing anything with it. Please post me back at [email protected]. thanks.

drhippensteel
June 6th, 2019, 01:47
Hello! I was stationed in Aschaffenburg Germany when TW200 came out. We played a few games but like you mentioned in your post it was so difficult in combat that the game died out quickly. I happen to be the friend that scook6987 mentioned. When he found your post he quickly sent me a message. I hope to hear back from you soon, we have wanted to game together for years and it just never quite worked out for us. My email is [email protected], and before you ask I'm not a doctor, it's just the first letters of my first and middle name.

RespawningPleaseWait
June 6th, 2019, 02:36
And if you're still looking for players, I'd be interested. I've played Twilight 2000 1st and 2nd edition (a long time ago).