PDA

View Full Version : Heal, temporary hit points etc...

ArteF
May 16th, 2019, 23:59
Good day,

I'm working on something that I don't think FG can do but I wanted to try it anyway... it didn't work but I wanted to make sure it wasn't just because I messed something up in the effects or that FG simply cannot do what I was trying to do.

The goal: Create a custom effect, place it on a target, place another effect on the PC that triggers when the pc interacts with the target in a specific way and the end result is the PC gaining temporary hit points.

So the HEAL command is a modifier on rolls so HEAL: 30 temp wont work I assume but HEAL: 60d6 would. The goal for me is to make this all happen with temporary hit points so the effect looks like this:

IFT:CUSTOM(Effect name); HEAL: 1d6 temp;

That effect is set on the PC.

The effect placed on the target is simply:

Effect Name;

So my question is, does anyone know a reason that doesn't work? As in does the HEAL: 1d6 temp only work on npcs while PCs have to use the dialog box?

LordEntrails
May 17th, 2019, 01:03
First, since Effects are ruleset dependent, what ruleset are you trying to do this in?

ArteF
May 17th, 2019, 01:22
Sorry 5th edition

Trenloe
May 17th, 2019, 01:35
As you mention, effects don't actually trigger an action. In this case the heal effect doesn't trigger a heal action, even if the effect includes dice, it will only effect the results of a heal action when a heal action is actually rolled/applied.

You can't do what you're trying to do automatically - you'll have to handle it as a manual heal when the interaction occurs.

ArteF
June 2nd, 2019, 00:58
Alright thanks, just needed confirmation that I wasn't screwing something up.