PDA

View Full Version : LFG Experienced DM wanting to play the game for a change.

Siervosaliensei
May 15th, 2019, 05:38
About me: My name is James. I am currently DMing with a group of friends for several years but no one else in our group is good at being a DM. We have tried several times with other people and the games just kind of die. I miss playing alot and would like to again. My playstyle tends to be coming up with creative solutions for problems and trying to think outside the box. I love using various items mundane and magical in strange ways to attempt to come up with a better method than just smashing something and walking to the next room. Enjoy a 50/50 combat/RP mostly. I enjoy flexible DM's that can adjust on the fly. I do enjoy tactical combat methods and get frustrated with entirely cinematic combat methods. However I do recognize that this sometimes has a place in campaigns just should probably not be the entire thing. Other than that I am willing to be flexible and work with most systems and people. Am former military and fairly adaptable to most player types. (I sometimes curse a decent amount I try not to but it slips occasionally. If this bothers you I probably should not play with you.) I tend to also prefer smaller gaming groups. (Having 5+ players especially in an online setting tends to create a really really slow gaming table in my experience.)

FG License: Full License
Time Zone: Central Time
Available to play most weekdays during the day. (I know thats wierd but I have a stupid schedule.)
Term: Would prefer decent length campaign but am willing to do one-shots
Voice: Already have discord but can download another system if needed

Game System Preferred: Am willing to play most d20 systems, WOIN and a few others.
Game System Experience: Have been playing D20 systems for 12+ years. Have played and DM'd Pathfinder, 3.5, 3.0, 5th, WOIN, 40k, and several others.
Fantasy Grounds Experience: Used it as a DM. Have not actually used as a player but should be a fairly simple transition.

Character Type Preferred: I tend to enjoy mages and rogues mostly. I like to develop creative solutions to problems.

PoohPuss
May 15th, 2019, 07:49
Based on your play-style this may be for you:
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?49202-LFP-Need-4-for-Curse-of-Strahd-AEST-(GMT-10)

It's gothic horror in DnD5e. The sessions will probably be Fridays so maybe it's outside of what you can accommodate. Otherwise I'd check it out :)

Siervosaliensei
May 15th, 2019, 07:53
I appreciate the link. Unfortunately I recently finished running this module and it would feel alot like cheating to play it I think. Thank you for your suggestion though.

Kronicarn88
May 15th, 2019, 15:27
I would be interested in playing Pathfinder with you. I too am a gm who wants to be a player again.

May 15th, 2019, 18:01
I would be interested in running a Campaign for you looking for a some Experience DM'S to Test my Hombrew Campaign i been working on for a couple of Months. If you are interested let me know email me at [email protected]

Teknykk
May 15th, 2019, 22:52
I appreciate the link. Unfortunately I recently finished running this module and it would feel alot like cheating to play it I think. Thank you for your suggestion though.

It ultimately depends on how well you can avoid meta-gaming, and how much you're invested in such an adventure. It's practically impossible for a DM to avoid knowing an official adventure at some point. They just need to learn to block out information and stay in character. The information will always be there, no matter how recent it sets in the mind. This in itself is the mark of a good player, one who can not use that information known when being a DM.

Either way, if you change your mind at all, you're more than welcome to send me a message. Otherwise, good luck with your search.