PDA

View Full Version : Player LFG. D&D 5e

DocStockton
May 12th, 2019, 07:11
Hi, new to fantasy grounds trying to find a group to play with. Lot of dungeons and dragons experience. Hoping to find a 5e game to join. I have a camera and don't mind being on twitch if group prefers. Off work Thursday Friday and am available almost all those days. Can play any day around midnight my time, (Pacific Standard Time) I'm a California night owl. I have a friendly personality and get along with nearly everyone. I like to do voices for my characters when I can. (Yep, one of those guys.) Looking to play a Teifling Wizard, Dwarf Cleric, or Kobald Paladin, but am experienced enough to fill a parties needs being whatever. If I can fill a slot you need, hit me up on here.

DwightLee
May 12th, 2019, 17:18
Hope you find a game, I am just north of you, Fantasy Grounds DM in Modesto

DocStockton
May 12th, 2019, 21:05
Thanks, what do you think my odds are?

PoohPuss
May 12th, 2019, 21:35
Check out this game if you are dependable to be on time every week for the whole length of the campaign. Looks to be a rather solid group that allows you any party-role you want and who will love your funny voices. It strictly requires your willingness to commit tho.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?49202-LFP-Need-4-for-Curse-of-Strahd-AEST-(GMT-10)

(https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?49202-LFP-Need-4-for-Curse-of-Strahd-AEST-(GMT-10))

Teknykk
May 13th, 2019, 00:27
Aye, I'm still looking for two more players to add to the group, so I can torture and murder them - I mean to enjoy a good old dark and tragic story with them and see if they live to tell the tale. Yes, that's it.

Really though, your primary post does suggest that you'd be a good fit, especially considering your night owl times. I pretty much allow anyone to play just about anything they want, though with potential restrictions depending on their initial choices or interests. What I don't tend to allow is matchmaking characters to fill a desired role in the party that may be missing, at least not for this adventure. This means the players shouldn't know what each other are playing, and the characters won't even know each other initially, just like they won't know they're going to Barovia.

That said, there would naturally be caution given to monster-like races, depending on where the other players are from or what NPC you're interacting with. And in this case I expect characters to be built reasonably, and not for the purpose of the place they're going, or to be a fight beast only. This campaign will be a heavy roleplay and exploration experience, not so much a combat one, even though there will be enough opportunity for it.

Either way, you can reply there or send me a message with further details if you're interested.

DwightLee
May 13th, 2019, 11:56
Thanks, what do you think my odds are?

Very good actually, just take your time, find the right DM with the right time frame ( East coasters or even UK might fit your time schedule better ). The hardest part is matching with the right DM who runs the game in a way that is enjoyable to you. Same for me a DM that has to find players with the right mindset for the kinds of games I run. I have been pretty lucky, but it is easier for a DM because there are hordes of folks that want to play, just have to find the right ones.