PDA

View Full Version : Character creation > Half-Elf Druid

Keyy
May 12th, 2019, 00:06
Hi,

I'm having trouble setting up the character sheet of one of my player who wants to play a Half-Elf Druid.
As far as I understand, you don't select the Half-Elf feat as it already appears in the character feats, but instead delete the ones you don't use.
Same for the choice of Druidic Order, you just delete all the orders but the one chosen by the player.

The problem is that by not selecting those two things, it doesn't automatically create what comes with the choices.

Skills that should be trained thanks to the Half-Elf feat or the Druid order don't update. This is easily resolved manually.

My main problem though is that the player wants to be in the Wild Order, which should give him the ability to use Wild Claw (a lvl 1 spell) but Wild Claw is not in the spell list. Wild Morph is, which is basically the same thing but the effect changes depending on the Order chosen, however it doesn't detect that the player is in the Wild Order so there's no Wild Claws.

Am I doing something wrong?

Trenloe
May 12th, 2019, 05:44
Welcome to the FG forums.

As far as I understand, you don't select the Half-Elf feat as it already appears in the character feats, but instead delete the ones you don't use.

Same for the choice of Druidic Order, you just delete all the orders but the one chosen by the player.

The problem is that by not selecting those two things, it doesn't automatically create what comes with the choices.

Skills that should be trained thanks to the Half-Elf feat or the Druid order don't update. This is easily resolved manually.
Correct, you have to do these manually.

My main problem though is that the player wants to be in the Wild Order, which should give him the ability to use Wild Claw (a lvl 1 spell) but Wild Claw is not in the spell list. Wild Morph is, which is basically the same thing but the effect changes depending on the Order chosen, however it doesn't detect that the player is in the Wild Order so there's no Wild Claws.
Subsequent playtest updates changed wild claws to wild morph. See page 14 of the final update (v1.6) available here: https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/paizo-images/image/download/PZO2100UE-1.6.zip As the update didn't specifically call out any change to the Wild Order text there was no change made to the playtest library data.

Keyy
May 12th, 2019, 08:32
Whoops, totally forgot to check for updates..
Thanks for clearing that up!

But the problem remains, so how would I set up Wild Claws manually ? I tried creating a spell but I can't add damage dice

Trenloe
May 12th, 2019, 13:25
But the problem remains, so how would I set up Wild Claws manually ? I tried creating a spell but I can't add damage dice
Right-click on the spell, selecr add action -> damage. Click the magnifying glass in the damage entry created and drag/drop the relevant dice from below the chat window to the damage dice entry.

Keyy
May 12th, 2019, 13:34
Thank you very much, I'll do that when I get home.
Sorry if it's mentionned in the manual, I'm a noob in both Fantasy Grounds and Pathfinder 2.0 so it's a lot of informations to remember at once!

Have a nice day