PDA

View Full Version : Short term plans for Traveller

MadBeardMan
May 11th, 2019, 12:05
Greetings All

I survived going under the knife last week, not that they used a knife to remove the Kidney stone blocking my left kidney, but they did what they needed to and just over a week later I think I'm pretty much recovered. I tested my beer muscles yesterday, in a very gentle trip to Magic Rock and am feeling no ill effects from it.

So time to get my coding house in order.

For Traveller, I've been sitting on the next updates to PSI, this is where you can expand a PSI anility and enter in damage and/or points cost to cast. I've added a flag to each PSI ability, this allows you to mark if it causes damage.

I'm also going to look at the initiative as per Ardens comment here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?47962-Wish-List-foir-1-0-10-(March-2019)&p=434900&viewfull=1#post434900)

I also have got the completed New Traveller theme, and need to plug some of 1.0.10 into that (the code base is shared).

A lot to get done over the next week, but I'm ok with that, there's only so much Xbox/PS4 you can play whilst you 'recover'.

Cheers,
MBM

DwightLee
May 11th, 2019, 22:16
Is ship to ship space combat supported? ( I am a very old traveller player... the original )

esmdev
May 12th, 2019, 06:02
Not yet, starship integration will probably come with 2E and high guard.

esmdev
May 12th, 2019, 06:06
Btw, welcome back MBM, you need to spend less time with the medical professionals and more time just enjoying life. ;)

donpaulo
May 12th, 2019, 11:02
Kidney stones can be very painful

Glad to hear you are up and moving

I'm playing in Ardem's campaign and enjoy it so far

MadBeardMan
May 12th, 2019, 13:16
Kidney stones can be very painful

Glad to hear you are up and moving

I'm playing in Ardem's campaign and enjoy it so far

My stone was 8mm, yep about the size of a garden pea, it got stuck leaving my kidney heading downwards to my bladder. Stupid thing caused me an awful lot of pain and made my physically sick when I was least expecting it. As I'm self employed it's affected my wages for a good while so I need to get back into work asap.

Plenty of time for FG once that's back to normal, and I'm heading back in tomorrow (I contract) let's cross fingers and things.

Cheers,
MBM

donpaulo
May 12th, 2019, 13:39
Did they blast it with sound or cut it out ?

LordNanoc
May 12th, 2019, 13:41
You definitely won that End check on "Formidiable" difficulty!

Glad you're on the mend.

MadBeardMan
May 12th, 2019, 14:12
Did they blast it with sound or cut it out ?

Originally it was going to be sound, but the stone moved, so any man reading this is going to wince. They put a tube up my thingy, inside had two wires, one with a laser and one with a claw. They blasted it with the laser then pulled the bits out. It hurt to pee for around 3 days!

donpaulo
May 12th, 2019, 14:35
yep the urethra is pretty vulnerable

good they got it all however

DwightLee
May 12th, 2019, 17:11
First time I had one they had to do surgery to remove it, the second they blasted it with sound... the sound thing is a million times better.

Kidney stones are tremendously painful, but I probably dont need to tell you that

LordNanoc
May 12th, 2019, 17:31
Ouch... Man, that's nasty!

Although the way you describe this, it reminds me a bit of a classical Traveller mining operation ��

chumbly
May 13th, 2019, 10:27
I had one once when I was younger, working an all-nighter bug fixing crisis, struck at 3 am. Went to the Emergency room, they finally flushed it out of me.. though I think a let go a liter of
blood. The had to give me morphine. After I was done passing and my parents had come to take me home, I decided to call my boss and let him know what happened and that I wouldn't be in for a few days.

When I get back to work finally, my boss informed me that I had sang my message to him(about a 5 min song), complete with chorus refrains. I got NO memory of this.. but the giggiles of my co-workers went on for a day or two. I was SO glad I could break the coding monotony for them...lol

I suppose I should be grateful.. it happened quite a while back and not these days. Now days he would have recorded it.. and I would
have come back to work and found out I would have had my very own million like facebook or you tube hit <shudder>