PDA

View Full Version : FGU Kickstarter Top Pledges

VenomousFiligree
May 11th, 2019, 03:02
I believe it's obvious from the KS, but no one seems to be mentioning it, that the top two pledges appear to be a bit of a damp squib.

Whilst approx. 66% of the backers are from the US (at the time of writing), Florida is a long way from most of the US. So along with the high cost of the Ultimate Game Master - Party Edition and the Ultimate Game Master - VIP Party Edition there is likely a significant travel cost associated with these pledges, and then the associated accommodation costs.

I'm sure a more universally friendly Ultimate Game Master - Non party Edition would sell out pretty quickly.

Either way, for at least a third of your supporters, the top two pledges aren't very inclusive.

[Yes this is a sour grapes post from someone that can't take advantage of the top two pledges of the KS :D]

ddavison
May 11th, 2019, 03:11
What would be a good middle tier level for a limited Alpha access in your opinion? Other than the party invite, what of the other items would you hope to see in that tier?

Kelrugem
May 11th, 2019, 04:05
What would be a good middle tier level for a limited Alpha access in your opinion? Other than the party invite, what of the other items would you hope to see in that tier?

Personally, I like the portrait making and the adding of it into FGU :) But depends of course also on the artist

LordEntrails
May 11th, 2019, 05:36
Alpha, Beta, T-shirt.
Portrait is optional.
Q&A panel via web optional.

Guoccamole
May 11th, 2019, 06:46
@ddavison Perhaps offer additional staggered alpha tiers. That way, your team can handle the premier alphas first, then add some more (say after a month), and the add some after another month. That would give you a controlled ramp up in number of alphas.

Ludd_G
May 11th, 2019, 07:39
Just Alpha access please. I'd love to be involved in helping develop FGU but none of the other stuff really interests.

VenomousFiligree
May 11th, 2019, 09:42
Stripping out the party specific items from the lower pledge level we're left with:

Get an Ultimate license of Fantasy Grounds Unity
You will also get a special badge on the forums for being a super backer and will gain access to the Alpha Build of Fantasy Grounds Unity.
INCLUDES:
Ultimate License of FGU
All unlocked Asset Packs
A portrait for your character added to FGU
Beta Access
Alpha Access
Custom T-shirt for an Ultimate Game Master

And the top pledge level also includes:

Monthly VIP Designer Meeting over Google Hangouts
Your name in the credits for FGU as a VIP Design Collaborator

Whilst a T-shirt would be nice it adds shipping and tax implications, so probably best left off the list.

Calum
May 11th, 2019, 11:14
Given Doug's display of his dancing skills at the announcement of the unity kickstarter I think as a stretch goal there should be a full on Fred Astaire/Ginger Rogers song and dance routine starring Doug and Rob with the rest of the team as backing dancers :P

Kelrugem
May 15th, 2019, 20:39

Cool, thank you very much for the addition of the new pledge tiers :) (just saw it)

Kobold bard portrait incoming! :D (or any other portrait; not sure what is allowed by the artist :) )

ddavison
May 15th, 2019, 23:37
Kobold Bard would be great.

celestian
May 15th, 2019, 23:46
Given Doug's display of his dancing skills at the announcement of the unity kickstarter I think as a stretch goal there should be a full on Fred Astaire/Ginger Rogers song and dance routine starring Doug and Rob with the rest of the team as backing dancers :P

I'd be very curious to see Rob dance.

Zacchaeus
May 15th, 2019, 23:57
I'd be very curious to see Rob dance.
No-one wants to see that. Good grief man, think of the children :)

ddavison
May 16th, 2019, 01:27
Rob danced once. That may be why he doesn't have any children.