PDA

View Full Version : desktop setup not saving on exit

Myad
May 11th, 2019, 00:06
when i set up my desktop on FG then log out it dont save the layout when i log back in
how do i fix this?

Zacchaeus
May 11th, 2019, 00:40
If you are talking about the chat window and dice tower those both revert to their normal positions. Other windows such as the CT remember where they were on exit and will open in the same place when you click them again. FG doesn’t automatically open windows on a restart if that was what you were expecting.

LordEntrails
May 11th, 2019, 00:51
There are two extensions that you may want to look at. I know the second one is no longer supported and may not even work anymore. Not sure about the status of the first one.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?43706-Window-Saver-X-Extension
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?38389-Window-Saver-Extension

MrDDT
May 18th, 2019, 23:27
Is there any way to save this as a player in someone else's campaign. Every time I join my friends game, it will not save the scale UI, the chat window. It saves many of the other boxes if not all but those 2 things are messed up.

Zacchaeus
May 18th, 2019, 23:43
Hi MrDDT welcome to FG.

A player can only use any extensions that the DM uses. As noted above the chat window will revert to its default position. I’m not sure whether either of the extensions above work anyway. The scaleui should work however and should persist over sessions. If you are not seeing this then i’m not terribly sure why that would be. I understand that the scale is set in the registry so that suggests that your registry is not being updated, but I have no idea why that would be the case.

MrDDT
May 18th, 2019, 23:45
Thank you for the reply, others are not having this problem so I need to maybe run FG in administer.

Trenloe
May 18th, 2019, 23:47
For ScaleUI it will remember the last setting that you used on your computer, the setting is not stored specific to a campaign.

damned
May 19th, 2019, 01:05
Thank you for the reply, others are not having this problem so I need to maybe run FG in administer.

Better you fix the permissions issues - running in Administrative mode is good for testing but has other ramifications.

MrDDT
May 19th, 2019, 03:10
Thank you all for the replies, but still can't get it working.

MrDDT
May 19th, 2019, 08:49
I found out why, I had the settings set to a number and it would keep poping back to that number, so now I fixed it. Thanks guys.

Dtoad
May 19th, 2019, 21:39
I had the same problem, now solved. Thanks!