PDA

View Full Version : LFP 2 players. LF Wednesday 8pm Atlantic Canada Time (-4 GMT) CoC 7e

pr6i6e6st
May 10th, 2019, 17:25
Edit:****Currently Full****

FG License: Ultimate
Game System: Call of Cthulhu 7e

Time Zone: Atlantic Canada Standard (GMT -4)
Day of week and time: Alternating Wednesdays, 8pm start time
Planned Duration & Frequency: every other Wednesday, usually runs - but past 12 midnight but we stop when enough people need to go. Don’t feel obligated to stay late.
Term: long term

Text or Voice: voice
Voice software used: discord
Will this be recorded and/or live streamed? No plans yet, but we can discuss future plans.

Roleplay & Combat mix: roleplay heavy. Combat depends on scenario and situations that arise, but traditionally is minimal compared to most TtRPGs.
Number of Players in game & needed: 2 regulars, need 1-4 more for good party size.

Details of your scenario: the universe of the “Alien” franchise is used as the backdrop for our custom campaign. You’re aboard the USCSS Hyperborea, a research/colony transport ship, heading toward the Aldebaran system as the second wave of colonists.

About me: I’m easy to get along with. To me, few subjects are unapproachable, as long as there is tact in the approach, but given the word, I will avoid detailed situations you are uncomfortable with, at least.

I have a tendency to type out a lot of information at once between games; In part due to lack of available time to have an extended conversation, so I cover everything I can think of, and in part due to my attention deficiency; I can forget about a conversation easily if it’s out of sight, then need to read the entire thing over again.

I enjoy shows like, but not limited to, Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Devilman: Crybaby, The Seven Deadly Sins, Final Space, The Walking Dead, Supernatural, Family Guy, American Dad, Archer; movies like The Ritual, The Endless, The Void, The Avengers, any Studio Ghibli films, Akira, Interstellar, Alien, Nightmare on Elm st and so on. Basically, anything that makes me think or laugh.

I am turning 30 this year, have an almost 2 year old daughter, work 6 days a week at a pizza place, try to write but fail to manage my time effectively enough lol.

Vhok
May 10th, 2019, 22:27
a fellow atlantic canadian! good luck!

pr6i6e6st
May 10th, 2019, 22:44
a fellow atlantic canadian! good luck!

Yeah, unfortunately the CoC section here looks to be dead. It’s a shame. I’ve got lots of players for d&d, only two for Call. It’s a definite tie for me on which is my favourite, as they’re two different atmospheres and play styles. There’s just something so fulfilling with Call though. Maybe it’s the short and sweet style. Maybe it’s the unfathomable. Maybe it’s the roleplay that is greater encouraged. Maybe it’s the easy flowing mechanics. Maybe it’s just the way the story plays out more like a movie or book. D&d is fun, but a lot of people play it with that “I’ve got to win” mentality, rather than “I have to tell a great story”. I don’t know. I just wish there were more players for both games.

MyTeeFunny
May 11th, 2019, 00:13
I'm interested and will commit to playing as a steadfast player. A couple of caveats however.

(1) I've only played a short time, and 5e at that, about 7-8 sessions using P&P at local game shop.

(2) Willing to learn and contribute towards fun for all.

(3) Wednesday is great, but I'm UTC-7 (with Daylight Savings, then in November it goes -8), and I don't get home until about 5:15 to 5:30 PM my time (yours, 8 PM), which means I'll usually be 15-30 minutes late...

Your Thoughts?

pr6i6e6st
May 11th, 2019, 00:27
I'm interested and will commit to playing as a steadfast player. A couple of caveats, however.

(1) I've only played a short time, and 5e at that, about 7-8 sessions using P&P at a local game shop.

(2) Willing to learn and contribute towards fun for all.

(3) Wednesday is great, but I'm UTC-7 (with Daylight Savings, then in November it goes -8), and I don't get home until about 5:15 to 5:30 PM my time (yours, 8 PM), which means I'll usually be 15-30 minutes late...

Your Thoughts?
I'm still kind of learning the rules, taking the word of the book that they are tools to improve the fun. I do want to strengthen my grip on the rules eventually and am also welcome to corrections and suggestions as we go. Definitely willing to bring in new players and show the ropes. As for being a bit late, that's ok, we usually get set up the first bit and others might lag behind a bit as well. we can use the opportunity to talk about their characters before you jump in and we talk about yours.

MyTeeFunny
May 11th, 2019, 02:04
I'm still kind of learning the rules, taking the word of the book that they are tools to improve the fun. I do want to strengthen my grip on the rules eventually and am also welcome to corrections and suggestions as we go. Definitely willing to bring in new players and show the ropes. As for being a bit late, that's ok, we usually get set up the first bit and others might lag behind a bit as well. we can use the opportunity to talk about their characters before you jump in and we talk about yours.

Sounds good. Are there any books I should get for 7e? I only have 5e books. Or, I believe FG does allow the GM/DM to share their books in game if hosting and setup to do so.

Finally, just need a definite Date & Time to show and I will join in. Oh, that and the Discord server/channel.

QueDaPayne
May 12th, 2019, 01:08
My buddy and myself are intrigued! Two slots still available?

pr6i6e6st
May 12th, 2019, 03:37
My buddy and myself are intrigued! Two slots still available?

Well, I do have a total of 7 potential players at the moment. 2 are my definite players, the rest were just invited in the past 24 hours. I think it’s safe to say we can bring you two in, making 9 players, which is THE max, and it may be a bit congested at first, but I’m sure we’ll lose a few due to the nature of things. (I think most are new and a couple mainly want to sit and listen at first to see if they like it.)

I’ll send you some details if you think you want to try and stick through it.

MyTeeFunny
May 13th, 2019, 22:15
Well, I do have a total of 7 potential players at the moment. 2 are my definite players, the rest were just invited in the past 24 hours. I think it’s safe to say we can bring you two in, making 9 players, which is THE max, and it may be a bit congested at first, but I’m sure we’ll lose a few due to the nature of things. (I think most are new and a couple mainly want to sit and listen at first to see if they like it.)

I’ll send you some details if you think you want to try and stick through it.

Sorry to say, I just wanted to let you know I need to bow out for this campaign. But the bright side is the group size won't be Maxed out, lol. Turns out I forgot about other Wednesday commitments I have. I'll catch the next one if possible!

EmanuelJ
May 18th, 2019, 02:36
Have Room for one more? would love to join lol