PDA

View Full Version : I really need some help.

Brokky
September 12th, 2006, 19:17
Can anyone please help, I really need someone to teach me some rules of this game, because it looks so cool!!!, Are there any nice people out there willing to give a hand. E-Mailing would be most useful. Anyone out there?:confused: :(

sloejack
September 12th, 2006, 20:03
You realize of course that this isn't a game in and of itself right? It's only a framework for you to be able to play traditional tabletop RPGs online.

richvalle
September 13th, 2006, 15:22
Primarily DnD 3.5.

https://www.d20srd.org/index.htm

Doodec
September 13th, 2006, 17:19
Just read a FG Manual and study D&D Players Handbook its hard just to tach somebody.

Brokky
September 13th, 2006, 19:33
I know loads about DnD Just need some help with like tokens what the hell do you do with them, will i learn if i just host a game?

Doodec
September 13th, 2006, 19:37
Hmmm Patience you must have. You could run a game to try. Anyway RPG experience is ok but you should be familiar with FG. Regards

richvalle
September 13th, 2006, 20:43
I think you might be confused by what FG is.

FG is a way to play DnD with others via computer. It provides a way to communicate (chat), roll dice, have character sheets and provide maps to share. The tokens are used by the players and DM to move around the map as you play.

If you hosted a game you would be expected to be the DM. i.e. have an adventure ready to run. Tokens for the bad guys, maps and images for the players, ect.

rv

Ugluk
September 13th, 2006, 23:11
I think the best way to get familiar with Fantasy Grounds is to participate as a player in someone's game. While playing you'll see what is available and how it is used. Then you should have an easier time figuring things out while reading the instructions, since you will know what they are talking about.

You aren't really going to be playing in anyone's game with just the Demo license, so it means shelling out some cash. My experience has been that the tool works. Making great gaming experiences is up to you.

Jingo
September 15th, 2006, 00:51
I suggest hosting the game and connecting to it from another instance of the same program. Then start playing around with everything. That's how I learned it. Oh, and get a printout of all the shortcut keys and what you can do... there's one someone created floating around on the forums somewhere. The manual doesn't fully document everything.