PDA

View Full Version : Some questions regarding the Starfinder Society here on FG

PoohPuss
May 9th, 2019, 14:37
1. How do I go about joining you?

2. Do you allow for a grace-period before you consider not owning the rulebooks cheating?

3. Does owning the corresponding FG-material count as owning the rulebooks for purposes of being considered a cheat?

Kindly,

Malkavian_Andi
May 9th, 2019, 15:23
For questions 1 & 2, see my post on your question in the PFS section (most of this is quite similar in SFS). I would definitely allow someone to play a few sessions (not putting any hard numbers here. It should be reasonable, though) without owning the books, so they can decide whether Starfinder is actually a game they'd like to play for a longer period of time.

3. I'm not sure about this, but I might tend to saying no, because I know Paizo has stated in the past that owning the rulebooks on Hero Lab would not count.

Trenloe
May 9th, 2019, 16:46
3. Does owning the corresponding FG-material count as owning the rulebooks for purposes of being considered a cheat?
If you purchase the Starfinder Core Rulebook, for example, on FG then you'll get the PDF from Paizo for free - so you'll own the rulebook both inside FG (library module) and outside FG (PDF). As owning the PDF is acceptable, you'd be OK.