PDA

View Full Version : 5e Bug Reports (Part 5)

Pages : [1] 2 3

Zacchaeus
May 9th, 2019, 14:10
Time to retire the old thread again. All issues reported in that thread (and any other previous thread) have been fixed. You can view the retired thread here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?45296-5e-Bug-Reports-(Part-4)) and a list of updates to current modules can be found here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?34962-5e-Module-Updates). You can also find a list of Patch notes here. (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/filelibrary/patchnotes.html)

Please report all 5e related bug reports below. That is anything to do with the ruleset and any modules whether core (PHB, MM, DMG) or adventure or other modules.

Please give sufficient information in your report so that the bug can be easily traced or replicated.

LordNova2
May 14th, 2019, 04:01
I am finding that the Skills have been placed under Saving Throws for the NPCs in the Hoard of the Dragon Queen and Rise of Tiamat modules.
Since I am seeing this on a lot of the NPCs that I have checked I am guessing something went amiss with the parser?
I did check and these same errors show up on the latest versions of these modules.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=27331&stc=1&d=1557802354

Zacchaeus
May 14th, 2019, 10:11
Nope, nothing wrong with the parser - simple human error.

Apart from the ones you mentioned (and a couple of other NPCs based on the Mage stat block) all the other NPCs in both modules are correct. I've fixed the issue and expect updated modules soon.

Paperclipkiller
May 15th, 2019, 22:21
Very minor typo in TYP-White Plume Mountain. "Dugeon-Players-Two" in the Images & Maps should be "Dungeon-Players-Two"

On a similar note, the map for the first part of the dungeon is called "Dungeon-One-Players" instead of "Dungeon-Players-(number)" like the other 2.

EDIT: "1.28 Escaping the Dungeon" isn't listed in the Chapter Contents in "1.00 Locations in the Dungeon (Index)".

Speculi
May 19th, 2019, 13:54
I found a few minor bugs in my most recent purchases.

Wayfinder's Guide to Eberron:

Magic Item "Bag of Bounty" has a broken table in the description

In the reference manual "Chapter 5: Magic Items - Magic Items" there is a missing "l" in the "Band of Loyalty" link

Guildmasters' Guide to Ravnica:

In the reference manual "Chapter 6: Friends and Foes - Angels" there is a broken headline in the "Firemane Nevena" box

Zacchaeus
May 19th, 2019, 14:15
Very minor typo in TYP-White Plume Mountain. "Dugeon-Players-Two" in the Images & Maps should be "Dungeon-Players-Two"

On a similar note, the map for the first part of the dungeon is called "Dungeon-One-Players" instead of "Dungeon-Players-(number)" like the other 2.

EDIT: "1.28 Escaping the Dungeon" isn't listed in the Chapter Contents in "1.00 Locations in the Dungeon (Index)".

Sorry Paperclip, missed this one. All noted.

Zacchaeus
May 19th, 2019, 14:16
I found a few minor bugs in my most recent purchases.

Wayfinder's Guide to Eberron:

Magic Item "Bag of Bounty" has a broken table in the description

In the reference manual "Chapter 5: Magic Items - Magic Items" there is a missing "l" in the "Band of Loyalty" link

Guildmasters' Guide to Ravnica:

In the reference manual "Chapter 6: Friends and Foes - Angels" there is a broken headline in the "Firemane Nevena" box

Thanks for reporting, All noted.

MarianDz
May 19th, 2019, 20:31
only few typos in PHB 27386

Zacchaeus
May 19th, 2019, 22:24
Noted. The em-dashes aren't typos - they are meant to be there.

Paperclipkiller
May 21st, 2019, 23:51
In Ghosts of Saltmarsh:

Deep Scion, Fathomer, Maw Demon, Glabrezu, Guardian Naga, Iron Cobra, all 3 Kuo-Toa types, Mud Mephit, Orc War Chief, Orog, Plesiosaurus all either have generic tokens when they have tokens from other modules like Volos, Mordenkainen's or in the Fathomer's case in Princes. Or they are missing tokens completely.

Zacchaeus
May 22nd, 2019, 08:58
Ouch, looks like I missed a few there. Thanks for reporting.

astromath
May 22nd, 2019, 14:52
I'm back with some bug reports for Ghosts of Saltmarsh. These deal with specific NPCs.

Amphisbaena: The trait in the combat tracker is not correct (only blindness is there). Should be nothing after the trait's name. (Or reword the trait so at least the advantage on perception rolls is autmated.) I don't think there's a way to automate the saves vs specific conditions.
Locathah: Same problem with Leviathan Will with the condition effect saves.

Giant Coral Snake: The bite description is incomplete. The words after "chapter 8 of the" are missing. Also, suggestion: Add a link to the madness tables under the "other" tab.

Harpy Matriarch: Visage of Desire: The paralyzed effect is not automated in the combat tracker.

EDIT: The write up for Eliander Fireborn doesn't include all the languages he knows from the story description.

astromath
May 22nd, 2019, 14:56
Under Story 0.1 Credits, could you add the image for the alternate cover?

ISBN for the alternate cover is also different: 978-0-7869-6686-8.

Zacchaeus
May 22nd, 2019, 15:31
I'm back with some bug reports for Ghosts of Saltmarsh. These deal with specific NPCs.

Amphisbaena: The trait in the combat tracker is not correct (only blindness is there). Should be nothing after the trait's name. (Or reword the trait so at least the advantage on perception rolls is autmated.) I don't think there's a way to automate the saves vs specific conditions.
Locathah: Same problem with Leviathan Will with the condition effect saves.

Giant Coral Snake: The bite description is incomplete. The words after "chapter 8 of the" are missing. Also, suggestion: Add a link to the madness tables under the "other" tab.

Harpy Matriarch: Visage of Desire: The paralyzed effect is not automated in the combat tracker.

EDIT: The write up for Eliander Fireborn doesn't include all the languages he knows from the story description.

Under Story 0.1 Credits, could you add the image for the alternate cover?

ISBN for the alternate cover is also different: 978-0-7869-6686-8.

Welcome back astromath.

Not every effect can be made to appear on the CT. In some cases the parser will pick up a senseless effect such as you are seeing in the case of the Amphisbaena and the Locathah. In neither of these cases can the wording be such that a sensible effect can be produced. As you say there is no effect which will give advantage on a save against a condition.

I've fixed the other three NPCs that you mentioned.

I didn't get any artwork for an alternative cover. The only image I have is the one that's in the module.

astromath
May 22nd, 2019, 16:22
I have the alternate cover, but I would ruin the book in order to scan it. Maybe you can request a cover image from the original source? I'll just say, it is an awesome cover image.

jh79
May 24th, 2019, 01:14
Princes of the Apocalypse - Missing Artwork in story entries (Parts) when you click the Story button:

1. The actual module cover would be nice to have to show at the beginning.

2. Inside cover as well with the rock creature; above the forward.

3. The Helm at Highsun art is missing

4. Lorrens Bakery - Mangobari Lorren Picture is missing

5. Stone Bridge art missing at entry and in 2.11.00 Valley Sites

6. Vale of Dancing Waters art missing at entry and in 2.11.00 Valley Sites

7. Neverwinter art missing at entry and in 2.11.00 Valley Sites

8. CHAPTER 3: SECRET OF THE SUMBER HILLS art missing at entry and in 2.11.00 Valley Sites

9. Picture missing by CULT REPRISALS entry missing

10. Art missing at the conclusion of chapter 3

11. The Howling Plateau map - Story missing art link

12. Rivergard Keep - Story missing art link

13. M11 - Art after M11 Stairs missing story link

14. H7 - Cultist Barracks artwork - Story missing art link

15. Conclusion - end of chapter 3 art missing after Cultist Barracks picture

16. Demon and Warlock art at the start of chapter 4 missing story link

17. Temple of the Crushing Wave - Story missing art link

18. Morbeths Workshop - Story missing art link

19. Sentinel's Hall - Story missing art link

20. E29 - Lyzzie's Quarters - Story missing art link

21. Start of Chapter 5 art missing - CHAPTER 5: TEMPLE OF THE ELDER ELEMENTAL EYE

22. F13 - Hall of the Black Crystal - Story missing art link

23. F17 - Ancient Conjury - Minataur fighting warrior art missing

24. N19 - Air Portal - Story missing art link

25. P20 Water Portal - Story missing art link

26. G17 - Earth Portal - Story missing art link

27. W12 - Fire Portal - Story missing art link

28. EVIL DREAMS art missing at conclusion of Chapter 5

29. CHAPTER 6: ALARUMS AND EXCURSIONS Start of Chapter 6 Art missing

30. L5 - Dancing Dead art missing

31. Tomb Of Moving Stone weapon art missing

32. T8 - Approach - missing art

33. Bargewright Inn map missing at conclusion

34. View of entire town art missing after Bargewright Inn

35. ICESHIELD ORCS art at conclusion missing

36. Barrow Mound DM map missing

37. D3 - Courtyard - Dwarf Art missing

38. ARRIVAL AT YARTAR art missing

39. MEETING AT THE TOMB - Drow Female art missing

40. HALLS OF THE HUNTING AXE - Art of Halfling by big Cog wheel missing

41. XL OWLBEAR GREETINGS - Owlbear art missing

42. XI1. THE TRUE TOMB OFKING TORHILD FLAMETONGUE art missing

43. CHAPTER 7: MONSTERS AND MAGIC ITEMS - Cover art missing

44. NPC - Howling Hatred Initate art missing

Zacchaeus
May 24th, 2019, 13:14
jh70; thanks for your comprehensive notes. In almost every case the images are included in the reference section which I added to this module about a year or so ago; and I did notice at that time that there was a lot of missing artwork. What I clearly forgot to do was go back and add links into the story entries for those missing pieces of artwork which I had added in to the reference section.

I have now updated PotA and included links to all of the artwork in the relevant story entries. You should hopefully get the updated module on Tuesday. Note the following - using the same numbering as you used above (Note that the artwork shown on a particular page of the book may not relate to any entries on that page, but refer to something which follows):

1. Unfortunately I don’t have the artwork for the cover
2. Inside Cover is the first page in the reference manual
3. The Helm at Highsun Artwork is at 2.03
4. There is no picture of Mangobari Lorren; the image at Lorren’s Bakery is of Maegla Tarnlar and is linked to the NPC notes and also is in the reference manual.
6. The Vale of Dancing Waters Artwork relates to the Uthgardt Tribes
7. The Image on the Neverwinter page relates to the Haunted Keeps
9. The Artwork next to Cult Reprisals relates to the following encounter at Tremors
10. The artwork at the end of Ch3 relates to the Wicker Giant and is included in the reference manual at that point
11. I can’t see any artwork linked to the Howling Plateau. If you mean the sighing Valley map that’s linked at the beginning of the chapter
14. See 10 above – are you referring to the same thing?
17. The image relates to the Temple of Elemental Air
18. Relates to C15
19. Relates to B21
22. Relates to F19
23. Relates to F14
31. That is an image of a Wand of Magic Missiles and is attached to the relevant magic item
33. The Bargewright Inn maps are linked to ‘Under New Management’
34. There isn’t a separate DM Map for this one – there’s no reason to have one
44. There is no artwork for the HH Initiate; that image is for a HH Priest and the image is linked in notes

jh79
May 24th, 2019, 13:34
Hey thanks Zacchaeoz for the retouch, looking forward to the update, the rest of it looks great and the maps look amazing! Everyone should go get this since it's on sale for a few more days, going through it all - it really is an awesome module!

HuseyinCinar
May 24th, 2019, 16:07
The grid on the map "Dripping Caves" from Storm King's Thunder needs some realigning.

astromath
May 24th, 2019, 21:52
Ghosts of Saltmarsh
Haunted House
Room 8 Withdrawing Room
Problem: The combat placement of the spiders are in the wrong room (room 6).

Room 21 Cellar
The placement for the smuggler when not alert should by by the washbasin next to the stove per the description, not in the middle of the room.

Room 25 Slime Cavern
The placement for the green slimes are incorrect. The description places them "roughly halfway between the two passage mouths."

Room 27 Storage Cavern
The not alert encounter NPCs are have no placement. Since they are stealing brandy, they should be placed near the barrels.

astromath
May 24th, 2019, 22:51
Ghosts of Saltmarsh
Danger at Dunwater
Suggestion for Player map of environs: add a grid where each square is 100 ft. It'll make estimating distance easier.

Room 12 Temple
The Amphisbaenae tokens should be "under" the alter and the shaman should be next to the alter based on the encounter description.

Room 22 Cave of the Giant Lizards
The first sentence "If the party arrives here directly from the marsh, read:" of the boxed text should be outside the boxed text.
The giant lizard tokens are not placed appropriately for a large creature token. IOW, they should not take up nine squares, only four.

Room 23 Guard Room
The lizardfolk tokens should all be against the west wall per the description that they are all sitting on the bench against the west wall.

Room 24 Nursery
The image used for the nursery is actually for room 22 Cave of the Giant Lizards.
The commoner tokens are too regularly spaced. Placement needs to be a bit more random. The 13 hatchlings should also have tokens representing them just so the players can see where they are.

Room 27 Guard Room
The render is a large creature and should only take up 4 squares, not nine.

Room 29 Barracks
Somehow all the lizardfolk tokens are sized the same instead of Medium and Large. Also, the tokens were not locked to grid size. IOW, resizing the map did not resize the tokens to the grid.

Room 30 Subchief's Living Quarters
The cask of wine is missing from the treasure parcel.

Room 40 Drill Hall
According to the description, the dummy is on the east wall with the lizardfolk throwing javelins at it. Here's the problem. The placement of the queen, advisor and 2 guards are in the way. Their tokens need to be placed nearer the west (or even north or south) wall so they won't get hit by the thrown javelins. I, personally, would place the tokens near the south door.

Polluted Pool
Suggestion: Even though no map is provided in the book, it would be nice to have a generic map of the pool included along with monster token placements.

astromath
May 25th, 2019, 06:24
Ghosts of Saltmarsh
Salvage Operation
Room 3 Navigator's Room
The Ettercap and Giant Spider tokens are incorrectly placed. The table that they are above is near the bow in front of the mast pole, not near the starboard side of the ship.

Room 5 Spider Nest
According to the description, the Ettercap is above the door to room 6 and the wolf spiders are to either side of the room 4 door. The tokens need to be relocated per description.
Also, he Cargo Hold Access is a hazard and should have a write up for it.

Room 6 Food Storage
According to the description, the human-sized bundles are a little less than 10 feet away from the door. This means one of the monster tokens need to be moved further away from the door, but still within 10 feet.

Room 10 Unholy Shrine
According to the description both Giant Spiders are in one corner, not two separate corners. Also, the large tokens (again) are taking up 9 squares instead of 4.

Elder Octopus write-up.
IMO, all of the actions should be traits. It is not the octopus doing the climbing. The tentacles are used on every NPC's & every PC's turn, and, therefore, also not an action. NPC is not an action (how could it???) and Round 2 is not an action (same reason).

Zacchaeus
May 25th, 2019, 11:58
As ever Astromath. thanks for your dedication in reporting the above. I've fixed everything and an amended module should get out on Tuesday.

A couple of things:

Room 29: Barracks. I'm not seeing an issue here - the tokens are correctly sized and snapped to the grid. I wonder if, perhaps, you placed the encounter and then double clicked a token to open the map from the CT? If you did that then the tokens don't snap to the grid and will all be the same size if the map has previously not been opened.

Room 10 Unholy Shrine. I can't really get the tokens into one corner without overlapping them.

Zacchaeus
May 25th, 2019, 12:37
The grid on the map "Dripping Caves" from Storm King's Thunder needs some realigning.

As per out conversation on Discord; I'm not seeing this.

astromath
May 25th, 2019, 12:58
As ever Astromath. thanks for your dedication in reporting the above. I've fixed everything and an amended module should get out on Tuesday.

A couple of things:

Room 29: Barracks. I'm not seeing an issue here - the tokens are correctly sized and snapped to the grid. I wonder if, perhaps, you placed the encounter and then double clicked a token to open the map from the CT? If you did that then the tokens don't snap to the grid and will all be the same size if the map has previously not been opened.

Room 10 Unholy Shrine. I can't really get the tokens into one corner without overlapping them.

Room 29: All I did was drag the Encounter token to the combat tracker. Had to use the lock/unlock to fix the problem.

Room 10: See Room 2 where you have the Ettercap token overlapping with one of the spider swarm tokens.

I wish there was a fix for overlapping tokens. It has been suggested to the FG wish list years ago and it has lots of votes.

astromath
May 25th, 2019, 16:41
Ghosts of Saltmarsh
Isle of the Abbey
Room 11 Entrance Guardroom
Token placement does not match description. Plus, you have the minotaur skeletons taking up 9 squares when they should take up only 4.

Room 12 Hallway Guardroom
Ogre zombie token placement does not match description. And, again, you have a large token taking up 9 squares instead of 4.

Room 13 False Treasure Room
The poisonous box token is supposed to be in front of the secret door according to the description.

astromath
May 25th, 2019, 16:59
Ghosts of Saltmarsh
The Final Enemy
Story 6.05 Sahuagin Stronghold: Fifth paragraph, third sentence: "Anywhere between area 19 and the points marked with a ? symbol in the corridors on the map,..." The question mark should be a dagger symbol. My guess is that FG does not recognize the dagger symbol. Suggestion: Replace the dagger symbol on the map with the "?" symbol (or use some symbol that FG does recognize in both places).

Room 19 Hall
Token placement does not match description. Slave tokens should be next to the walls. The sahuagin tokens should be split between those overseeing the slaves and those resting at the top of the stairs.

Room 23 Champions' Quarters
There should be 2 sahuagin priestesses, not 1.

NPC: Sahuagin Hatchling Swarm: Bites is an action, not a trait.

Room 29 Barracks
Missing from encounter: "Four sahuagin that are not part of the patrol are gambling on two lobsters fighting in a small net arena."
Since there is no actual room labelled "small net arena" and that the lobsters are mentioned in the treasure paragraph, one must conclude the small net arena is actually part of the barracks. I would move the whole patrol group further west and put the small net arena in the eastern part of the barracks.

Room 31 Priestess's Quarters
I would separate the cup and bowl as 2 separate treasure item entries.

NPC: Shell Shark
The 2 actions Multiattack and Bite are merged in the write up. They should each be a separate action.

NPC: Rapture Weed: How do you figure 30 hp? There's no mention of hp in the book description.

Room 42 Throne Room
The token for Thadrah is on the wrong side of the throne. The book description puts her on the Baron's right hand side, not his left.

kenangonewild
May 26th, 2019, 21:18
One of my players reported he was able to see the information from an Unidentified item from Manage Characters.

I have attached a screenshot from my perspective (in the campaign, viewing the unidentified item as GM) and one from his (Manage Character, item still unidentified, but record can be viewed fully).

LordEntrails
May 26th, 2019, 21:43
One of my players reported he was able to see the information from an Unidentified item from Manage Characters.

I have attached a screenshot from my perspective (in the campaign, viewing the unidentified item as GM) and one from his (Manage Character, item still unidentified, but record can be viewed fully).
What extensions are you using?

kenangonewild
May 26th, 2019, 21:59
What extensions are you using?

The only extensions I have enabled are DMFirmy's Drop Lowest and 5E Action Abilities v1.1.

Zacchaeus
May 26th, 2019, 22:07

I'm pretty sure this is a known issue and is on the list.

Zacchaeus
May 26th, 2019, 22:21
NPC: Rapture Weed: How do you figure 30 hp? There's no mention of hp in the book description.

Easy, I copy/pasted from another non combatant who had 30 hit points and forgot to remove the hit points.

astromath
May 26th, 2019, 23:47
Ghosts of Saltmarsh
The Final Enemy
Room 48 Barracks
The Treasure paragraph includes "an anemone stuck in a glass bottle." Even though they are not worth anything, they are still part of the treasure and should be in the FG parcel.

Room 49 Champions' Armory
Don't forget the metal cage with the two fish. That should also be part of the treasure parcel.

Room 52 Treasure Chamber (player map)
There should be a short 10' entryway into this room, but you have it blocked off with a 10' thick wall instead. You should leave the passageway and only block off wall where the S connecting Room 49.
The trap on the coffer is not represented in FG and there should be a token that can be placed in the passageway in case the coffer's trap is triggered.

Room 53 Arena
The 5 champions should also be scattered about with the 49 normal sahuagin, not grouped together (as per text).
The 2 unarmed sahuagin in the arena battling each other should also be part of the encounter (with it's own write up since they are on the arena floor). See last paragraph before "Observing the Action" paragraph.
The 2 extra encounters listed under Observing the Action are problematic. They should be taken from the audience tokens, not generated their own tokens. However, I can understand that FG has no way to handle that.

Room 60 Temporary Barracks
The shell shark tokens are misplaced. They all should be randomly placed near the south wall per text.

Triumph
Suggestion: provide a link to table F of the DMG someplace in the story text.

astromath
May 27th, 2019, 03:11
Ghosts of Saltmarsh
Tammeraut's Fate
Story 7.05 The Village of Uskarn
The image you labelled Uskarn is not Uskarn, but Firewatch Island with it's monastery. Just compare it to the map of the island.

Area 2 Courtyard Gardens
According to the text the vines are at the base of the bell tower. Also, according to the text, they are within reach of the western stairs. This produces a problem. The vines' reach is 20 feet. However, the placement of 3 of the tokens the 20 feet reach doesn't fully reach the stairs. Also, since the vines are in pots, they cannot move (speed 0). I would err on the side of giving the PCs problems. Move the tokens so they are the same distance as the token that is fully within reach of the stairs.

Area 3 Yard and Cistern
You have the 2 sea hag tokens stacked in the same square. The tokens are also misplaced. The text has them hidden in the scrub nearest the wall.

Room 11 Hermit Cells
The bronzed orc teeth on a necklace (no value) should be part of the treasure parcel.

Area 14 Grotto
The chuul tokens are overlapping and each is taking up 9 squares instead of 4.

Room 15 Old Storeroom
Small typo: "10-foot-by-10foot" should be "10-foot-by-10-foot"

Room 18 Scriptorium
One snake token is out of place. The description has all 3 snakes in the north section of the room.

Room 19 Defensive Overlook
The trap doors are missing on the player map. They are obvious when entering the room.

Room 21 Guard Tower
The trap door is missing on the player map. It is obvious when entering the room.

UPPER LEVELS AND CELLAR
Big oops. There are no story pins on the player battle map.

Room 22 Abandoned Quarters
The trap door is missing on the player map. It is obvious when entering the room. (Especially, since the PCs are coming up through the trap door from room 16.)

Room 24 Belfry
The trap door is missing on the player map. It is obvious when entering the room. (Especially, since the PCs are coming up through the trap door from room 22.)

Scenario 1: Undead Horde
Each group of undead for each door has a set starting point and tokens should be set accordingly. It would also be better to break up the encounter into 5 separate encounters. That way, the tokens can be grouped together near each door as their own groups so that zombie tokens 1-5 is near door 4 and zombie tokes 6-10 is near door 11 (this is assuming the FG setting is set to "append").

Scenario 2: Waves of Undead
Each wave has a set starting point and tokens should be set accordingly.

Zacchaeus
May 27th, 2019, 10:26
Room 13 False Treasure Room
The poisonous box token is supposed to be in front of the secret door according to the description.

I had to read that description about 6 times before I found why you were saying that.

Zacchaeus
May 27th, 2019, 11:33
Ghosts of Saltmarsh

Room 49 Champions' Armory
Don't forget the metal cage with the two fish. That should also be part of the treasure parcel.

Really? We have nothing to go on in terms of size, weight, value.

Zacchaeus
May 27th, 2019, 12:10
Ghosts of Saltmarsh

Scenario 1: Undead Horde
Each group of undead for each door has a set starting point and tokens should be set accordingly. It would also be better to break up the encounter into 5 separate encounters. That way, the tokens can be grouped together near each door as their own groups so that zombie tokens 1-5 is near door 4 and zombie tokes 6-10 is near door 11 (this is assuming the FG setting is set to "append").

Scenario 2: Waves of Undead
Each wave has a set starting point and tokens should be set accordingly.

I didn't place either of these for several reasons. Primarily the NPC's don't suddenly pop up at the indicated locations they all come from the sea and then split up to attack the locations indicated - or at least that's how I read it anyway. I could place them all in a group in the general sea area. I think I'm going to leave this as it is so that the DM can place the NPCs where they want to. There are a lot of considerations in these scenarios - what precautions the PCs take, where they are, whether they set guards etc. So I think it more appropriate to allow DMs to make the decisions as to where and when the NPCs arrive.

astromath
May 27th, 2019, 18:41
Really? We have nothing to go on in terms of size, weight, value.

I'm thinking of the size of a real world fighting fish that you find alone in tiny bowls at pet stores. Just treat it as a mundane curio treasure item that has value only to somebody that likes those kind of things.

astromath
May 27th, 2019, 18:42
I had to read that description about 6 times before I found why you were saying that.

Sorry if I wasn't clear.

notrealdan
May 27th, 2019, 20:34
Storm King's Thunder
In story entry "03.02.04 B4. House of the Triad" Sirac of Suzail's name is misspelled (as "Sirc of Suzail") in the text by the "Portrait" link, and also in the title of the image itself. It's spelled correctly on the very next line in the story entry (the NPC link).

astromath
May 27th, 2019, 20:39
Ghosts of Saltmarsh
The Styes
Story 8.03 Adventure Hooks
Subsection: Refrum's Plea: Link to NPC Master Refrum is missing
Subsection: Eleanor's Loss: NPC: Eleanor: She does have a last name: Loveage (first paragraph).

The Styes maps. Both player's map and DM's map are missing the story pins. Also, suggestion for player's map: Add a grid equal to the map scale (preferably 150-foot squares). That would make it easier to calculate distances between two points using the area line function (hold both left & right mouse buttons and draw a line).

Story 8.05.07 7. Dory's Warehouse
Add a link to Story 8.07 Part 3: Hemlock Pit

8.06.00 Part 2: Murder Mystery
NPC: Master Refrum: The description says he's unarmed, but the NPC write up gives him a mace.

8.08.02 D2. Office
The encounter with Birsk is missing from the daytime encounter roster from area D1.

8.08.05 D5. Crane
The skum tokens are incorrectly placed. The skum are hiding in the crane according to the description.

8.10.04 T4. Chuul-Haunted Hallway
Based on the description of the grotto under the hallway, I would place the tokens differently. See attachment T4 Grotto. The circle is only there to show the diameter and placement of the grotto, nothing more.

8.10.06 T6. Watery Descent
Initial placement for the aboleth token is incorrect. According to the description, it is at the base of the stairs just outside the map. Also, you got it taking up 9 squares instead of 4. Also, the shark token should be above the stairs and it should take up 9 squares, not 16. See description.

Zacchaeus
May 27th, 2019, 22:12
Sorry if I wasn't clear.

No, I meant I had to read the text in the story entry six times before I found why you were saying what you did.

notrealdan
May 27th, 2019, 23:18
Lost Mines of Phandelver
The range text on ranged attacks on at least some of the NPCs doesn't match the syntax of the same NPCs in the MM. Here are the goblins from the MM (Goblin 1) and LMoP (Goblin 2) side by side.

This normally doesn't seem to cause a problem most of the time, but triggers an error when using the 5e Combat Enhancer extension. I've reported this to the thread for that extension here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?47146-5e-Combat-Enhancer-(built-on-retired-GPL-Advanced-Kombat-extension)&p=439361&viewfull=1#post439361) but maybe the NPCs should match the syntax in the MM. I'm not sure if the range text has an established standard syntax, but it seems like it should.

A quick glance at the hobgoblin in LMoP shows its ranged attack also has a similar difference in text syntax, so there may be several other affected NPCs.

astromath
May 28th, 2019, 03:51
Ghosts of Saltmarsh
The Styes
8.13.00 Landgrave's Folly
Both maps (player's and DM's) do not have story pins.

8.13.02 L2. Flooded Temple
The aboleth tokens are overlapping and they are taking up 9 squares each in space instead of 4 squares as per large creature.

8.13.03 L3. Landgrave's Pit
The juv. kraken's token is too large for its inferred size of huge. The token should take up 9 squares. The token size you used is for a gargantuan or larger creature, such as an adult kraken.

astromath
May 28th, 2019, 04:31
Ghosts of Saltmarsh
Appendix locations
9.02.06 C6. Merfolk Mass Grave
The eel token is not taking up the proper amount of squares. It is a huge creature and therefore take up 9 squares, not 16.

9.03.01 Tentacle Trap
The write up of the disowned merfolk do not include the trait that allows them to breath water and air. See 2nd bullet under Clever Ruse paragraph.

Zacchaeus
May 28th, 2019, 10:35
Lost Mines of Phandelver
The range text on ranged attacks on at least some of the NPCs doesn't match the syntax of the same NPCs in the MM. Here are the goblins from the MM (Goblin 1) and LMoP (Goblin 2) side by side.

This normally doesn't seem to cause a problem most of the time, but triggers an error when using the 5e Combat Enhancer extension. I've reported this to the thread for that extension here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?47146-5e-Combat-Enhancer-(built-on-retired-GPL-Advanced-Kombat-extension)&p=439361&viewfull=1#post439361) but maybe the NPCs should match the syntax in the MM. I'm not sure if the range text has an established standard syntax, but it seems like it should.

A quick glance at the hobgoblin in LMoP shows its ranged attack also has a similar difference in text syntax, so there may be several other affected NPCs.

Looking at the pdf's for the MM and LMoP they are actually differently worded and that is reflected in the FG module since text is simply copied directly from the pdf.

Zacchaeus
May 28th, 2019, 10:37
Storm King's Thunder
In story entry "03.02.04 B4. House of the Triad" Sirac of Suzail's name is misspelled (as "Sirc of Suzail") in the text by the "Portrait" link, and also in the title of the image itself. It's spelled correctly on the very next line in the story entry (the NPC link).

Thanks for the report. Added to the list

Zacchaeus
May 28th, 2019, 10:39
@astromath - most of what you've reported should be in a revised module going out today (hopefully).

astromath
May 28th, 2019, 12:35
Ghosts of Saltmarsh
Extra Encounters
9.06.02 Merrow Mayhem
Incorrect placement of merrow tokesn. 2 pairs of them are stacked to seem like 1 token each. There should be 3 tokens outside the ship not 2.

9.09.03 W3. Ruined Buildings
NPC: Fish: The write up includes an action: Water Breathing with "null None" for the description.

9.12.07 W7g. Grand Staircase
Giant octopus token is misplaced and taking up the wrong number of squares for a large creature. According to the text is is under the stairs, not out in the open.

9.13.02 Lizardfolk Games
2nd paragraph after the Saltmarsh paragraph hook starts "#bis;Let the Games Begin!"

9.13.04 Extended Life
Giant token is taking up the wrong number of squares (16). It is a huge creature and should only take up 9 squares.

notrealdan
May 28th, 2019, 21:27
Looking at the pdf's for the MM and LMoP they are actually differently worded and that is reflected in the FG module since text is simply copied directly from the pdf.

Understood, thanks for checking. My guess is WotC included the extra "ft." for the benefit of new DMs using the starter set. Regardless, there are not a lot of NPCs in that module and not all are affected, so I'm happy to fix this for my own uses, and so may others if they're having similar trouble.

I was also wondering if there is any standard syntax for this that FG expects. After a little digging, it looks like there is. According to the Fantasy Grounds User Manual (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/filelibrary/FantasyGroundsUserManual.pdf), on page 96 in the "Create a new NPC" section, it seems to indicate that the format in the Monster Manual should be followed:

•Set Armor Class, Hit points, Speed, Abilities, Saving Throws, Skills, Vulnerabilities etc.
•These should all conform to the standards as seen in the Monster Manual otherwise the values will not be recognised by Fantasy Grounds when the NPC is moved to the Combat Tracker and users will have problems with the automation of things such as damage vulnerabilities or resistances etc.
•Do the same for Actions, reactions and Legendary actions if appropriate.
•In order for attack and damage rolls to be automated the exact wording used in the standard stat block of an NPC should be used.

The manual doesn't specify which parts of the text should conform and which may not, so I would apply this to all and adjust content that doesn't conform. I'm not sure if the arrangement with WotC requires that all text be copy/pasted exactly regardless of FG's functionality or inconsistencies in the original text.

Since in this case the functionality is part of an extension, not FG itself, the extension creator is looking at this also, in case they can accommodate this difference. But it seems to me they shouldn't have to accommodate every variation a content author introduces if SW have already stated it should conform to a standard.

Again, not a big deal in this case. Thanks again!

Zacchaeus
May 28th, 2019, 22:06
FG doesn't do anything with the range bit so it isn't really an issue generally. When I wrote that in the Wiki I was really aiming at people making sure that the same wording was used so that the attacks and damage would resolve correctly on the combat tracker. Until you mentioned it I didn't realise that LMoP had slightly different wording.

notrealdan
May 28th, 2019, 22:20
FG doesn't do anything with the range bit so it isn't really an issue generally. When I wrote that in the Wiki I was really aiming at people making sure that the same wording was used so that the attacks and damage would resolve correctly on the combat tracker. Until you mentioned it I didn't realise that LMoP had slightly different wording.

Yeah, I didn't think FG did anything with that info by itself.

It took me a while of just staring at the two stat blocks to even notice that difference!

LordNova2
May 29th, 2019, 20:12
For awhile now I was trying to figure out why Roll20 could list the variants of Swarm of Insects (Swarm of Beetles, Swarm of Centipedes, Swarm of Spiders, and Swarm of Wasps) in their 5e SRD and not show up in FG's SRD.
I finally broke down from curiosity and dug a bit deeper into the SRD. Tuns out that the side-bar for the variants are slightly miss-placed in the SRD releases I have checked, it shows up after (under) the Swarms of Ravens stat-block.

So are these NPC sheets just missing from the D&D 5E SRD Bestaiary module?

Zacchaeus
May 29th, 2019, 20:35
For awhile now I was trying to figure out why Roll20 could list the variants of Swarm of Insects (Swarm of Beetles, Swarm of Centipedes, Swarm of Spiders, and Swarm of Wasps) in their 5e SRD and not show up in FG's SRD.
I finally broke down from curiosity and dug a bit deeper into the SRD. Tuns out that the side-bar for the variants are slightly miss-placed in the SRD releases I have checked, it shows up after (under) the Swarms of Ravens stat-block.

So are these NPC sheets just missing from the D&D 5E SRD Bestaiary module?

Yes, and they are missing from the MM as well. In the MM they are detailed in the notes section of the swarm of insects, but when the SRD was created the same files were used but without the notes. I'll take a note to update both with the different variants

LordNova2
May 29th, 2019, 22:43
Yes, and they are missing from the MM as well. In the MM they are detailed in the notes section of the swarm of insects, but when the SRD was created the same files were used but without the notes. I'll take a note to update both with the different variants

Huh, I guess I never noticed them missing in the Monster Manual yet. LOL
I did do a quick once-over and the insect swarms seem to be the only variants I can find missing from the SRD that pop up in the side-bars.

GavinRuneblade
May 31st, 2019, 09:12
Concentration checks appear to be always vs a DC 10. See screenshot of damage at 29 but DC for the check was 10 not 14. This was done in a campaign with no extensions while I was testing some effect coding.

LordNova2
May 31st, 2019, 10:06
Interesting it worked fine for me. I would suggest trying it with the Curse of Strahd theme disabled and see if it works then.

Zacchaeus
May 31st, 2019, 11:03
Concentration checks appear to be always vs a DC 10. See screenshot of damage at 29 but DC for the check was 10 not 14. This was done in a campaign with no extensions while I was testing some effect coding.

Yes, this is working for me as well. I tested against normal and critical damage just in case there was an issue with criticals. But I can't see the same issue.

LordNova2
May 31st, 2019, 23:37
So I got a chance to sit down and was able to replicate this error by just enabling the Curse of Strand Theme (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?36678-Curse-of-Strahd-Theme&highlight=Cos+theme).

Never mind... I did not see that my damage was not going above 20 in that test, so it was defaulting to 10.

Whenever you take damage while you are concentrating on a spell, you must make a Constitution saving throw to maintain your concentration. The DC equals 10 or half the damage you take, whichever number is higher. If you take damage from multiple sources, such as an arrow and a dragon's breath, you make a separate saving throw for each source of damage.

GavinRuneblade
June 1st, 2019, 05:46
I did a series of these with and without the theme, it looks like the energy damage is the issue. In my original the effects were adding a bunch of energy damage and that seems to be the source.

Working fine with all bludgeoning:

See this one with a mix of bludgeoning and necrotic: 51 damage but DC only 22 instead of 25 like it "should" have been.

Now this one, 54 damage DC 13. Almost all necrotic.

Moon Wizard
June 1st, 2019, 05:56
If you'll notice in the chat window screenshots that you posted, some of the energy damage was absorbed in each case. The resulting DC for the Concentration check was correctly shown as half of the actual damage taken after resistances.

Regards,
JPG

GavinRuneblade
June 1st, 2019, 08:00
If you'll notice in the chat window screenshots that you posted, some of the energy damage was absorbed in each case. The resulting DC for the Concentration check was correctly shown as half of the actual damage taken after resistances.

Regards,
JPG
I missed that. I'm not sure what is triggering the absorb so I made a new pc and you seem to be correct. that seems to be what was triggering it. Even in the first screenshot. Sorry for the false alarm!

ErrantElminster
June 2nd, 2019, 04:47
A minor typo in the Spawn of Chaos paragraph of the Demons subsection of the Monster Manual, it says : "Some are unique monstrosities, while others represent uniform strains virtually identical teach other", where it should say "To each other" at the end.

Thank you

Zacchaeus
June 2nd, 2019, 10:23
A minor typo in the Spawn of Chaos paragraph of the Demons subsection of the Monster Manual, it says : "Some are unique monstrosities, while others represent uniform strains virtually identical teach other", where it should say "To each other" at the end.

Thank you

Noted

HuseyinCinar
June 2nd, 2019, 10:28
SKT Chapter 1, there's a Dwarf NPC called "Morak Ur'gray". In some story pages he's written as "Ur'gay"

Zacchaeus
June 2nd, 2019, 15:04
Found them and noted.

Paperclipkiller
June 2nd, 2019, 23:21
Small typo found in White Plume Mountain. This is in 1.08 8. Coffin.

"The room beyond the door is the lair of a
vampire named Ctenmiir" should say Ctenmuir instead. Unless the physical book says Ctenmiir for the creature in which case the name of the creature should say Ctenmiir. I don't have the physical book I just noticed an inconsistency with his spelling in the module. IDK which one is right.

Zacchaeus
June 3rd, 2019, 11:46
Small typo found in White Plume Mountain. This is in 1.08 8. Coffin.

"The room beyond the door is the lair of a
vampire named Ctenmiir" should say Ctenmuir instead. Unless the physical book says Ctenmiir for the creature in which case the name of the creature should say Ctenmiir. I don't have the physical book I just noticed an inconsistency with his spelling in the module. IDK which one is right.

Noted

Ibhuk
June 6th, 2019, 21:07
Guildmaster's Guide to Ravnica in both the player and DM modules, the Simic Hybrid's Underwater Adaptation is merged with the Nimble Climber Adaptation.

Also Guidlmaster's guide, the Anarch is showing up as the type "Or" in the NPC list.

Zacchaeus
June 6th, 2019, 21:55
Guildmaster's Guide to Ravnica in both the player and DM modules, the Simic Hybrid's Underwater Adaptation is merged with the Nimble Climber Adaptation.

Also Guidlmaster's guide, the Anarch is showing up as the type "Or" in the NPC list.

Noted, thanks for the report

Paperclipkiller
June 8th, 2019, 20:12
This isn't a bug persay but would fix an issue I noticed in regards to bringing a monster that is a 5th level+ spellcaster who has cantrips to the Combat Tracker. I did this test using the Drow Matron Mother from Mordenkainen's but should be able to be replicated with any spellcaster.

When bringing them over to the combat tracker their cantrips do not scale properly for the damage. If the spells are in the Monsters stat block and changed there specifically to deal the actual damage based on their level as a spellcaster it would be set up properly in the Combat Tracker when dragged over to it.

Every single NPC spellcaster at 5th level or higher in every book is going to have to have their cantrips modified to the proper damage on the Monster stat block if they want to be correct in the Combat Tracker.

Like I said it's not a bug persay, but it is an inconsistency I think in FG usage which is why I am posting this one.

Zacchaeus
June 8th, 2019, 20:44
It would actually require the spells to be edited rather than the NPC stat block since the NPC pulls the spells in from the spells list. Without changing the code at all it is technically possible to add in extra wording to the spells so that extra damage lines appear in the CT. Whether this would cause a lot of confusion is another matter since it wouldn't be possible to leave out the damage strings that don't apply. Additionally a 1st level PC would also get 3 extra damage lines automatically added when the cantrip was dragged in. So that wouldn't be good either.

Paperclipkiller
June 8th, 2019, 21:09
Using a Drow Mage since I already had that opened this is what I had to do. I went to Poison Spray and changed the damage to 2d12 as a Drow Mage is a 10th level spellcaster in the Monster Manual/Out of the Abyss. When I dragged the NPC Stat Block to the combat tracker it had it changed to 2d12. The change would have to be done after the spell was added to the NPC stat block based on what the spellcaster level would have to be. Which understandably would be incredibly tedious but it would set the cantrip damage for every applicable spellcaster to be correct instead of every DM having to create a duplicate of the NPC and modifying it before putting it in the CT themselves.

Zacchaeus
June 8th, 2019, 22:02
Using a Drow Mage since I already had that opened this is what I had to do. I went to Poison Spray and changed the damage to 2d12 as a Drow Mage is a 10th level spellcaster in the Monster Manual/Out of the Abyss. When I dragged the NPC Stat Block to the combat tracker it had it changed to 2d12. The change would have to be done after the spell was added to the NPC stat block based on what the spellcaster level would have to be. Which understandably would be incredibly tedious but it would set the cantrip damage for every applicable spellcaster to be correct instead of every DM having to create a duplicate of the NPC and modifying it before putting it in the CT themselves.

Indeed, and that would require considerable recoding I fear. Additionally of course there is no need to have this or to duplicate the NPC since the damage can be dragged and with a right click additional dice added before dropping on the target.

I must also say that I can't actually ever remember having a high level NPC use a cantrip. I think my Drow mage would be casting lightning bolt, black tentacles and cloudkill a few times before I turned to cantrips.

Paperclipkiller
June 8th, 2019, 22:52
Oh yea right clicking would fix the damage thing as a DM workaround. For high CR spellcasters that wouldn't usually be an issue anyway unless they had legendary actions to cast a Cantrip anyway. So only those kind of high CR spellcasters and the ones who are at 5th level exactly this would really be noticeable usually.

Just thought it was something to mention since I noticed it during my last game session. Wasn't sure if it would be counted as something that needed fixing or "low priority" since right clicking can do the proper damage. Thanks for looking into it!

dpezet
June 9th, 2019, 19:48
I just finished running through the "Sunless Citadel" adventure that is part of Tales from the Yawning Portal. Everything went great, but I noticed two issues during the play through.

1.10 9. Dragon Riddle - There is a chat bubble here containing the dragon sculpture's riddle. For some reason, double-clicking on the chat bubble only puts part of the riddle into the chat room. I tried multiple times and only "We come at night without being fetched;" makes it in to the chat room. Everything after the semi-colon is left off. I typed in the rest of the riddle by hand as a workaround.

2.08 49. Arboretums - There is a parcel attached to this section named "Sapphires." According to the physical book there should be two sapphires, but the parcel only contains one. There is a similar parcel attached to 2.04 45 with the same name that is correct and contains two sapphires. The easy workaround was to just award the parcel twice.

Thanks,

Don

Zacchaeus
June 9th, 2019, 22:24
Noted; thanks for the report and welcome to FG

Caelen
June 9th, 2019, 23:22
I ran into a little issue yesterday. In TYP White Plume Mountain, Sir Bluto had a problem with his attacks. He deals bonus damage with his normal attacks while he's above half hp, but there was no way to separate out the bonus damage from the base weapon damage. They were included as a single roll in the combat tracker. I ended up just editing him to have a second copy of each attack without the wording for the bonus damage, which worked.

Is there a way to actually code this in as an effect? Is there a better way to re-word his attacks to create two damage rolls that I can use as needed? It's not major (and the party killed him already, so...), but it might be handy to know how to do this if the ability pops up again in the future. Bluto appears to be identical mechanically to the Champion from Volo's Guide to Monsters, and the Champion has the same problem.

Speaking of Sir Bluto's fight, there was a little bug with the Knights. The Knights with him (identical in both TYP and the MM) have two abilities that didn't get parsed correctly (or perhaps shouldn't be parsed at all). Their Brave ability gives them advantage on saves against being frightened, but the combat tracker gives them the trait "Brave [EFF: Frightened]". Being brave doesn't let them scare people ;) They also have the leadership ability which lets them give an ally a bonus d4 to an attack or save, and the effect ends if the knight is incapacitated. Again, the combat tracker gives them "[EFF: Incapacitated]" to use. It's also not major; I can just not use the effects. I just figured I'd point it out while I was talking about Bluto.

Zacchaeus
June 10th, 2019, 00:11
I’ll have a look at Sir Bluto tomorrow. I’m not near my computer right now. If his extra damage is included in his main attack that would be wrong I think. There should be a separate trait which details the extra damage and that should resolve as an effect which the DM can add to the NPC if he is above half health before damage is rolled. It is also possible to repeat the damage string with the additional damage so that it resolves as a second effect.

The other two things you mention are caused by the way the parser picks up on words and creates effects. It isn’t possible to word things in such a way to have the parser create those effects but it does pick up on the words. I’ll have a look to see if I can change the wording so that neither of them create effects.

Lilly Fireblade
June 10th, 2019, 14:38
The Lost Lab of Kwalish is effectively un-runnable right now. It appears as if the version uploaded to the store was one that was only partially converted by Rob Twohy. The part in particular that I am talking about is PART 1 and 2. are missing at least links to all encounters, and parcels. Also the unique changes to the base Monster manual npc's at least in that section are missing, particularly the changes for the following NPC's Grand Master, East Wind, West Wind, and Monks(Uses Cultist stat block with unique weapon). The random encounters are not linked and not even a hint at that they were originally in there, I had to track them down in the tables menu since the only reference to them in the conversion the text "see appendix A, “Random Encounters,” for more information."

I can tell where the links are supposed to be but there is none. There is also the a handful of copy-pasta mistakes on the remaining links where the last letter or three is cut off of the end. I didn't run part 3 due to Adventure League ruling of a max of 8 hours from this adventure of experience. But from what I see the parcels and encounters for part 3 looks okay but I might have missed them. If screenshots are needed I will gladly provide them in any format that is requested to the best of my ability. I hope that this is updated/fixed quickly since I actually looked forward to running this, but after the dumpster fire of my last attempt (I prepare using the reference manual) I will hold off of a second run for a while.

Zacchaeus
June 10th, 2019, 14:51
The Lost Lab of Kwalish is effectively un-runnable right now. It appears as if the version uploaded to the store was one that was only partially converted by Rob Twohy. The part in particular that I am talking about is PART 1 and 2. are missing at least links to all encounters, and parcels. Also the unique changes to the base Monster manual npc's at least in that section are missing, particularly the changes for the following NPC's Grand Master, East Wind, West Wind, and Monks(Uses Cultist stat block with unique weapon). The random encounters are not linked and not even a hint at that they were originally in there, I had to track them down in the tables menu since the only reference to them in the conversion the text "see appendix A, “Random Encounters,” for more information."

I can tell where the links are supposed to be but there is none. There is also the a handful of copy-pasta mistakes on the remaining links where the last letter or three is cut off of the end. I didn't run part 3 due to Adventure League ruling of a max of 8 hours from this adventure of experience. But from what I see the parcels and encounters for part 3 looks okay but I might have missed them. If screenshots are needed I will gladly provide them in any format that is requested to the best of my ability. I hope that this is updated/fixed quickly since I actually looked forward to running this, but after the dumpster fire of my last attempt (I prepare using the reference manual) I will hold off of a second run for a while.
I'm not familiar with this module and I see that in fact it's a DMSGuild product. I'd therefore suggest that you post your bug report there so that the publisher can see it.

notrealdan
June 10th, 2019, 14:56
I'm not familiar with this module and I see that in fact it's a DMSGuild product. I'd therefore suggest that you post your bug report there so that the publisher can see it.

It's also in the FG store here, in case that makes any difference:
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/product.php?id=WOTC5ELLOK

dungeonguru
June 10th, 2019, 16:08
In the Wayfinder's Guide to Eberron, the changeling race is missing its Alignment trait - it is stuck in the Age trait as part of a parsing issue I'm assuming:

Age trait has the following text: "Changelings mature slightly faster than humans but share a similar lifespan-typically a century or less. #!;Alignment. Changelings hate to be bound in any way, and those who follow the path of the Traveler believe that chaos and change are important aspects of life. Most tend toward pragmatic neutrality as opposed to being concerned with lofty ideals. Despite common fears, few changelings embrace evil."

Lilly Fireblade
June 10th, 2019, 16:32
the version that I purchased was thru the Fantasy Grounds Store. I do not think the version on Dmsguild comes with the conversion or at least if it does it doesn't advertise it as so, unlike the majority of modules that has been converted for that store.

Zacchaeus
June 10th, 2019, 18:41
It's also in the FG store here, in case that makes any difference:
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/product.php?id=WOTC5ELLOK

the version that I purchased was thru the Fantasy Grounds Store. I do not think the version on Dmsguild comes with the conversion or at least if it does it doesn't advertise it as so, unlike the majority of modules that has been converted for that store.

My bad; I couldn't find it in the store becasue I didn't include the D&D bit in the search. I'll see that the person who converted this knows.

Zacchaeus
June 10th, 2019, 18:43
In the Wayfinder's Guide to Eberron, the changeling race is missing its Alignment trait - it is stuck in the Age trait as part of a parsing issue I'm assuming:

Age trait has the following text: "Changelings mature slightly faster than humans but share a similar lifespan-typically a century or less. #!;Alignment. Changelings hate to be bound in any way, and those who follow the path of the Traveler believe that chaos and change are important aspects of life. Most tend toward pragmatic neutrality as opposed to being concerned with lofty ideals. Despite common fears, few changelings embrace evil."

Thanks for the report; I'll see that the developer knows.

rob2e
June 10th, 2019, 18:59
“Copy-pasta”. Ironically funny. Yes if you could give me the most detailed info as possible, I will affect changes.

rob2e
June 10th, 2019, 19:00

I’ll look into this.

rob2e
June 10th, 2019, 20:34

This has been corrected and will be in the next update.

Lilly Fireblade
June 10th, 2019, 22:13
“Copy-pasta”. Ironically funny. Yes if you could give me the most detailed info as possible, I will affect changes.

Okay after my game tonight I will collect the material how do you want it?

rob2e
June 10th, 2019, 22:39
Okay after my game tonight I will collect the material how do you want it?

I sent you a private message here on the forums with my email.

Paperclipkiller
June 15th, 2019, 23:01
No idea if this is fixable since I don't know what was sent to you as a resource but the Dungeon-Three of Tales from the Yawning Portal has something that could make play an issue. The area 1.22 22. Frictionless Trap on the map shows the entire section as if the illusion isn't there. When playing with players on the battlemap its going to be hard to emulate the face that the wall is 10 feet closer then what the map shows since that is where the illusion is. The illusion is highlighted on the Dungeon-DM map. Even having a small wall where the illusion is for the Players Map will solve it, however I believe they probably sent you these maps and you have no way to fix it. Just in case it is fixable though I am mentioning it.

Zacchaeus
June 16th, 2019, 13:02
What is Dungeon-Three? Which module are we talking about?

Paperclipkiller
June 16th, 2019, 18:35
Oh right sorry it slipped my mind Tales from the Yawning Portal is in separate modules. It's White Plume Mountain. It's also map Dungeon-Players-Three that has the potentially unfixable issue, I forgot I had renamed it when adding a copy of it. The link I will add shows the player side on the left and the DM side on the right. The DM side shows the illusion with a blue line but the players side shows nothing there whatsoever. It would work perfectly with a small line that would make the players think an actual wall is there.

Zacchaeus
June 16th, 2019, 22:02
Oh right sorry it slipped my mind Tales from the Yawning Portal is in separate modules. It's White Plume Mountain. It's also map Dungeon-Players-Three that has the potentially unfixable issue, I forgot I had renamed it when adding a copy of it. The link I will add shows the player side on the left and the DM side on the right. The DM side shows the illusion with a blue line but the players side shows nothing there whatsoever. It would work perfectly with a small line that would make the players think an actual wall is there.

Ok, I'll see what I can do.

GavinRuneblade
June 18th, 2019, 08:00
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/product.php?id=KPMHH5E
None of the classes work to allow selecting archetypes. If you use the phb you do get the popup and can select the Midgard archetypes but not if you drag and drop from the Midgard book.

Tested in a brand new campaign with no extensions.

Zacchaeus
June 18th, 2019, 13:11
Are you saying that you don't see archetypes at all if dragged from the Midgard book, or that you don't see archetypes from the PHB appearing if you drag from the Midgard book?

GavinRuneblade
June 19th, 2019, 07:10
Are you saying that you don't see archetypes at all if dragged from the Midgard book, or that you don't see archetypes from the PHB appearing if you drag from the Midgard book?

If I drag and drop from the Midgard book the popup to select an archetype never appears.

Zacchaeus
June 19th, 2019, 09:07
If I drag and drop from the Midgard book the popup to select an archetype never appears.

Ok. I'll pass this along to the developer

FSHSchmo
June 19th, 2019, 14:39
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/product.php?id=KPMHH5E
None of the classes work to allow selecting archetypes. If you use the phb you do get the popup and can select the Midgard archetypes but not if you drag and drop from the Midgard book.

Tested in a brand new campaign with no extensions.

Thank you for catching this, I'll check it out this evening. Any certain class or all of them?

Lilly Fireblade
June 20th, 2019, 02:00
I don't know if this is the right place for this or if it is already known, but here goes.
If you drag the attack die/action for a ranged weapon like a Longbow to the shortcut bar and use the shortcut bar to roll for your attack with said weapon it doesn't add checkmarks to the ammo counter like it would if you rolled directly from the sheet.

LordEntrails
June 20th, 2019, 05:41
I don't know if this is the right place for this or if it is already known, but here goes.
If you drag the attack die/action for a ranged weapon like a Longbow to the shortcut bar and use the shortcut bar to roll for your attack with said weapon it doesn't add checkmarks to the ammo counter like it would if you rolled directly from the sheet.
Correct, the hotbar makes copies of actions that are local to the hotbar. So this means it does not have access to the ammo count. It also means if you change the weapon attack on your character sheet (or skill roll, or anything you added to the hotbar) FG will not update the action you made on the hotbar.

GavinRuneblade
June 20th, 2019, 05:49
Thank you for catching this, I'll check it out this evening. Any certain class or all of them?

All of them.

Lilly Fireblade
June 20th, 2019, 06:07
Correct, the hotbar makes copies of actions that are local to the hotbar. So this means it does not have access to the ammo count. It also means if you change the weapon attack on your character sheet (or skill roll, or anything you added to the hotbar) FG will not update the action you made on the hotbar.

So it is an engine limitation then?

Zacchaeus
June 20th, 2019, 08:47

In that the hotbar is just a string which does something and doesn't link back to the full functionality.

LordEntrails
June 20th, 2019, 09:01
Yea, pretty much. But not a technology limitation. It was an architecture decision. There are pro's and con's to either approach. Couldn't tell you what those are though :)

FSHSchmo
June 20th, 2019, 23:37

Got this fixed and it should go out with the next update.

GavinRuneblade
June 21st, 2019, 07:02
Got this fixed and it should go out with the next update.

Rock on! I did also notice quite a few typos scattered about. I'll try to make a compiled list over the weekend.

Caelen
June 22nd, 2019, 01:49
Dungeons & Dragons: Unearthed Arcana (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/product.php?id=WOTC5EUA) from the FG store does not appear to include the full Artificer class. It has an older version (granted, just a couple months older) from Unearthed Arcana: The Artificer Revisited (2/28/2019) that does not include the full four subclass options as in Unearthed Arcana: The Artificer Returns (5/14/2019). Assuming WOTC made any changes, it may also be missing any updates to the wording introduced in that slightly newer release. It's also labeled as "The Artificer" in the FG class list instead of just "Artificer". We don't go around calling all the other classes "The Druid" and "The Wizard" now do we? ;) I could see a case made for "The Bard" though...

Edit 1: The newer one has some spell list changes. It adds multiple spells from Xanathar's to the Artificer list at all six spell levels (including cantrips). It adds PHB spells Faerie Fire and Feather fall to the 1st level list. It removes PHB spell Shield of Faith from the 1st level list. No other changes to spell list.

Edit 2: the Artificer Specialist feature now includes four choices: Alchemist, Archivist, Artillerist, and Battle Smith, italics for new ones. No other core class features were changed.

Edit 3: slight wording change to the Artificer Specialists header, just before the actual specialists are listed. Alchemist is completely unchanged. Artillerist is completely unchanged. Archivist and Battle Smith are both completely new.

Edit 4: new Artificer Infusions added: Enhanced Wand, Repeating Shot, Repulsion Shield. No other infusions changed, including the entire Replicate Magic Item list. The new spell Arcane Weapon was not changed.

Edit 5 (final): The text for the Optional Rule: Multiclassing sidebar changed slightly in the Spell Slots section. Instead of half level rounded down, as normal for multiclass spell slot calculations with half casters (Paladin and Ranger), the new version says to round up. Artificers do have the same 4 3 3 3 2 spell slots for 1st through 5th level spells, but they get cantrips while Paladins and Rangers do not. The round up may account for the cantrips, and it's confirmed as a thing on the main site for the UA pdf (https://dnd.wizards.com/articles/unearthed-arcana/artificer-returns).

Zacchaeus
June 22nd, 2019, 11:14
The version of the UA in the store has all the updates including the one released on 14th May. https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?49347-Release-Updates-for-May-21st-2019

FSHSchmo
June 23rd, 2019, 01:05
Rock on! I did also notice quite a few typos scattered about. I'll try to make a compiled list over the weekend.

Sounds good!

Caelen
June 23rd, 2019, 22:22
The version of the UA in the store has all the updates including the one released on 14th May. https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?49347-Release-Updates-for-May-21st-2019

I rechecked for updates to make sure. It does not. I looked closer and found all of these things.
The player module includes most of the spell list additions from Xanathar's, but it does not include the changed PHB spells (added Faerie Fire and Feather Fall; removed Shield of Faith), and the DM module only has the old list.
The player module includes the new subclasses, but the dm module does not.
Neither of the modules include the new infusions.
Both modules do include the updated Multiclassing rule. The player module reference guide's classes list links to the class in the DM module, which is actually why I thought the player module also didn't contain any updates at first.

Zacchaeus
June 23rd, 2019, 22:47
Noted. I’ll get those sorted.

Caelen
June 23rd, 2019, 23:23
Awesome, thanks!

davywsr
June 24th, 2019, 10:38
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?43021-5e-Monster-Manual-missing-some-variant-rules

I guess... these went forgotten?

Possibly my bad since I originally posted it in the wrong place, so that this was easily omitted. I hope I find the right place this time.

Zacchaeus
June 24th, 2019, 19:01
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?43021-5e-Monster-Manual-missing-some-variant-rules

I guess... these went forgotten?

Possibly my bad since I originally posted it in the wrong place, so that this was easily omitted. I hope I find the right place this time.

Indeed, it looks like it. I've updated the MM now and hopefully the update should be out tomorrow.

A couple of points; I didn't make variants for every dragon since the trait is nebulous in that it doesn't list any spells - and there are too many Dragons anyway. I did however add the sidebar info to each dragon's notes. The Ooze (Psychic Gray Ooze) and Specter (Poltergeist) had already been updated but I've added in the variants for Ettercap and Thri-Kreen. I've also added a variant for the Drider and Quaggoth - apart from sorting the text in the notes. The Giant Lizard must have been updated at some point previously since I didn't see anything wrong with it.

davywsr
June 25th, 2019, 01:11
Indeed, it looks like it. I've updated the MM now and hopefully the update should be out tomorrow.

A couple of points; I didn't make variants for every dragon since the trait is nebulous in that it doesn't list any spells - and there are too many Dragons anyway. I did however add the sidebar info to each dragon's notes. The Ooze (Psychic Gray Ooze) and Specter (Poltergeist) had already been updated but I've added in the variants for Ettercap and Thri-Kreen. I've also added a variant for the Drider and Quaggoth - apart from sorting the text in the notes. The Giant Lizard must have been updated at some point previously since I didn't see anything wrong with it.

Thanks for your effort!

And... Just asking, have you updated the Genie variant rule (P144)? Haven't seen you noted that in your post. Sorry if you have already done so, just want to make sure all problems get solved. If not, the Genies consist of Dao, Djinni, Efreeti and Marid, FYI.

Zacchaeus
June 25th, 2019, 08:57
Thanks for your effort!

And... Just asking, have you updated the Genie variant rule (P144)? Haven't seen you noted that in your post. Sorry if you have already done so, just want to make sure all problems get solved. If not, the Genies consist of Dao, Djinni, Efreeti and Marid, FYI.

Yes, I've added the sidebar to the notes for each of those.

HuseyinCinar
June 25th, 2019, 10:40
STorm King's Thunder, Triboar Player's Map is missing one of the pins for the standard "Cottage " story text. There's 5 "Cottage"s in town. The map doesn't have a pin on the building that's to the immediate right of "T2 Campground".

Also on the same street, the next two building north of T10 should have the pin "Farm" on them in the map.

Haven't checked the DM map, same issue maybe?

Zacchaeus
June 25th, 2019, 17:59
Noted. Thanks for the report

StoryWeaver
June 26th, 2019, 16:42
Something odd happened to the default D&D 5E theme. There's now a gap between the top of the action bar and the line above it. Links will also appear a bit higher on the action bar than before now (no longer properly vertically centered). This is only the case for the default 5E theme. Other themes and game systems don't show this.

I've drawn a red circle around the area I mean, and a red line to highlight the gap that's now there.

I seem to recall that the default theme is packed with the ruleset so I've tried deleting the 5e ruleset and redownloading it, that didn't work. I tested it out in a new campaign after the redownload (the included screenshot).

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Zacchaeus
June 26th, 2019, 17:35
Is this in test 3.3.8 or in 3.3.7?

LordEntrails
June 26th, 2019, 19:04
Is this in test 3.3.8 or in 3.3.7?
3.3.7A is shown in chat :)

Kelrugem
June 27th, 2019, 06:50
Something odd happened to the default D&D 5E theme. There's now a gap between the top of the action bar and the line above it. Links will also appear a bit higher on the action bar than before now (no longer properly vertically centered). This is only the case for the default 5E theme. Other themes and game systems don't show this.

I've drawn a red circle around the area I mean, and a red line to highlight the gap that's now there.

I seem to recall that the default theme is packed with the ruleset so I've tried deleting the 5e ruleset and redownloading it, that didn't work. I tested it out in a new campaign after the redownload (the included screenshot).

Any ideas on how to fix this?

This is somehow not only a problem with that theme. I also have a same problem with the standard wood theme for 3.5e and Pathfinder. I also use the the leather theme in 3.5e (in my own extension) and there I also have suddenly the same problem. Confusing, that is maybe not only specific to one theme? (for me it is 3.3.8)

(I wanted to mention that here, just in case that some "global code" is the problem, before every theme is adjusted separately it may be worth to find out if these problems are caused by the same source :) )

Zacchaeus
June 27th, 2019, 09:18
Jolly Good. I've passed this all on to JPG and he'll have a look at it shortly.

GavinRuneblade
June 29th, 2019, 07:17
Sounds good!

Sorry I'm late, again, Regarding the https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/product.php?id=KPMHH5E Midgard Hero's Handbook, here's my list of grammar and effect errors:

* Clockwork Jewel Scarab NPC Entry: Darkvision missing range
* Avatar: every reference says "you" but should be "the avatar" to be consistent with previous NPCs like the Aarakocra Simulacra from Storm King's Thunder.
* None of the NPcs use the "other" tab to provide background information.
* There are 9 creatures in the reference guide that are not in the NPC list, and 6 creatures in the NPC list that are not in the reference guide.
* The link for the NPC list in the reference guide is pointing at the NPC "list of lists" from the fantasy grounds user interface, not the NPC list in your book.
* Prismatic Ray table the Red and Yellow (1 & 3) have the damage type in the saving throw column and don't indicate what ability to save with.
* None of the weapons have their descriptions included in the equipment list. Only via the reference manual. This is particularly an issue with the Northlands Estoc, Rothenian Poinard, and Composite Bow which have special rules that are unavailable. 27701
* Weapons exist in the reference manual that are missing from the equipment list.
* Warning Shout Spell uses non-5e mechanics. Reactions can only be used during combat but initiative is rolled before combat. Per the SRD "A reaction is an instant response to a trigger of some kind, which can occur on your turn or on someone else's." Also initiative is all rolled at the same time, again from the SRD "Initiative determines the order of turns during combat. When combat starts, every participant makes a dexterity check to determine their place in the initiative order." So there will never be an "initiative check made before your next turn" as required by the spell, meaning it cannot ever trigger and cannot do anything.
* Thunderbolt cantrip is missing damage scaling.
* Thunderous Stampede is missing the new paragraph before "at higher levels".
* Time Jump Spell. "forward in time. If it fails a Constitution saving throw, the construct"
* Vine Trestle spell. half of the components line appears in the description area below the duration. Additionally, it is not a ritual but makes reference to expending ritual focus.
* Shadow Realm Gateway spell. Says "this spell can only be cast as a ritual" but isn't marked as a ritual.
* Shadows Brought to Light spell. Has additional effects if you expend ritual focus but is not marked as a ritual.
* Shadowy Retribution spell. Has additional effects if you expend ritual focus but is not marked as a ritual. Also has non-5e mechanics. The additional ritual effects require "using a higher-level spell slot" but ritual's don't use spell slots. Per the SRD: "Certain spells have a special tag: ritual. Such a spell can be cast following the normal rules for spellcasting, or the spell can be cast as a ritual. The ritual version of a spell takes 10 minutes longer to cast than normal. It also doesn’t expend a spell slot, which means the ritual version of a spell can’t be cast at a higher level."
* Slither. "you momentarily become a shadow (a humanoidshaped" should be "humanoid-shaped".
* Song of the Forest. Has additional effects if you expend ritual focus but is not marked as a ritual.
* Ringward spell. part of the components information appears at the top of the description below duration.
* Heartache spell. Has additional effects if you expend ritual focus but is not marked as a ritual.
* Hod's Gift spell. missing the new paragraph for "at higher levels".
* Holy Ground spell. Part of the components line is at the top of the description field underneath duration.
* Guest of Honor spell. Has additional effects if you expend ritual focus but is not marked as a ritual.
* Find Kin spell. Part of the components information appears at the top of the description below duration.
* Freeze Potion spell. Part of the casting time information appears at the top of the description below duration.
* Frostbite spell. Part of the components information appears at the top of the description below duration.
* Enchant ring spell. Part of the components information appears at the top of the description below duration.
* Encroaching Shadows spell. Part of the components information appears at the top of the description below duration. Has additional effects if you expend ritual focus but is not marked as a ritual.
* Extract Foyson spell. Has additional effects if you expend ritual focus but is not marked as a ritual.
* Desolation spell. Part of the components information appears at the top of the description below duration. Has additional effects if you expend ritual focus but is not marked as a ritual.
* Deva's Wings spell. Part of the components information appears at the top of the description below duration.
* Drown spell. Part of the components information appears at the top of the description below duration.
* Celebration spell. Has additional effects if you expend ritual focus but is not marked as a ritual.
* Claws of darkness spell. Cantrip attack without additional levelling at levels 5, 11, 16.
* Clearing the Field spell. Has additional effects if you expend ritual focus but is not marked as a ritual.
* Compelling Fate spell. Part of the components information appears at the top of the description below duration.
* Black Swan Storm spell. Has additional effects if you expend ritual focus but is not marked as a ritual.
* Blade of my Brother spell. Part of the components information appears at the top of the description below duration.
* Bloom spell. Has additional effects if you expend ritual focus but is not marked as a ritual.
* Centaur race the Size attribute does change inventory max carrying capacity but does not cause token to be sized large. I'm not sure if that is due to wording in the racial trait or a limit within FG itself.

rob2e
July 3rd, 2019, 21:08
Is it Margeve or MargReve? Also, all caps names are SLIGHTLY ANNOYING!

And now, let me open them.

I'm an ***!

rob2e
July 3rd, 2019, 21:12
These should both be "Supplement" or at the very least exactly the same (e vs E), but PREFERABLY the word Supplement instead.

#BeingNitPickyIsAThingAndAllOfThisStuffDrivesMeCra zy
#PersonalityIssues

Also, I'll have everyone know this IS NO SPACE in the word crazy above, I triple checked. WHAT A DAY!

Zacchaeus
July 3rd, 2019, 21:26
Noted

mattekure
July 4th, 2019, 18:23
Xanathar's Guide to Everything
Spell Control Winds
Last section "Updraft" has extra characters in front.

Zacchaeus
July 4th, 2019, 21:21
Noted

Caelen
July 7th, 2019, 01:25
I'm putting this here because I don't know if this feature is 5e specific or not. If I need to put it elsewhere, please let me know where.

I know this is working as intended, but I'm getting really frustrated with item identification. It's very annoying trying to give my players items only to have the item not display its name just because it's from an older source (DMG mostly). Worse still, the items remain sorted in the inventory by their true name, not by the display name, so when my players ask about an item that I missed clicking the ID button for I have trouble finding the specific item. The default item identification state needs to be consistent between modules, old and new alike. Ideally I'd like to see an option in the campaign settings to set the default identification state instead of letting the module determine it.

KlatuB
July 7th, 2019, 03:03
Caelen,

You can try the Party Inventory Identified extension ((https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?40686-Extension-Party-Inventory-Identified)), it was written for CoreRPG be it will work with 5e.

HuseyinCinar
July 7th, 2019, 07:28
Caelen,

You can try the Party Inventory Identified extension ((https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?40686-Extension-Party-Inventory-Identified)), it was written for CoreRPG be it will work with 5e.

That link is broken. Googleing it find it as a first result.

That's pretty dope, just downloaded for myself even though I wasn't the OP

Zacchaeus
July 7th, 2019, 09:02
I'm putting this here because I don't know if this feature is 5e specific or not. If I need to put it elsewhere, please let me know where.

I know this is working as intended, but I'm getting really frustrated with item identification. It's very annoying trying to give my players items only to have the item not display its name just because it's from an older source (DMG mostly). Worse still, the items remain sorted in the inventory by their true name, not by the display name, so when my players ask about an item that I missed clicking the ID button for I have trouble finding the specific item. The default item identification state needs to be consistent between modules, old and new alike. Ideally I'd like to see an option in the campaign settings to set the default identification state instead of letting the module determine it.

As you say, it is working as intended. Magic Items in the DMG default to unidentified. So it isn't a bug as such.

Caelen
July 7th, 2019, 09:26
As you say, it is working as intended. Magic Items in the DMG default to unidentified. So it isn't a bug as such.

Yeah, it's not really a bug. It's just a problem I'd like to see fixed eventually, even if it has to wait until after FGU is out. Is there a better place to bring this up? Would idea informer be the spot, or is there a different forum section I should go to?

Zacchaeus
July 7th, 2019, 10:18
Yeah, it's not really a bug. It's just a problem I'd like to see fixed eventually, even if it has to wait until after FGU is out. Is there a better place to bring this up? Would idea informer be the spot, or is there a different forum section I should go to?

You can add it to the idea informer if you wish, but as I say it is the default behaviour. Previously (pre v 3.3.6) all items were unidentified by default and there were options which allowed for this default behaviour to be over ridden. However the options were rarely used (apparently most users didn't even know there were options) and so they were removed altogether (and won't be coming back). The default behaviour was changed to be identified by default and thus if DMs wanted to make something unidentified they specifically had to do that themselves. The only things that remain unidentified by default are read only modules such as the DMG where magic items default to unidentified - as they should be. So if you are giving your players something from the DMG and you don't want it unidentified make sure that when you add it to the treasure parcel that you change its status before you distribute the parcel.

justenrules
July 7th, 2019, 20:19
After purchasing the Squareware table I have found an issues with it.
The HUNTINGQUARRY story template has a variable [Huntingquarry] that seems like it is supposed to generate a random animal name. Instead it simply inserts the text 'HuntingQuarry' into the story it generates.

Zacchaeus
July 7th, 2019, 21:34
Noted; I'll see that the author gets to know.

FSHSchmo
July 7th, 2019, 23:14
Sorry I'm late, again, Regarding the https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/product.php?id=KPMHH5E Midgard Hero's Handbook, here's my list of grammar and effect errors:

* Clockwork Jewel Scarab NPC Entry: Darkvision missing range
* Avatar: every reference says "you" but should be "the avatar" to be consistent with previous NPCs like the Aarakocra Simulacra from Storm King's Thunder.
* None of the NPcs use the "other" tab to provide background information.
* There are 9 creatures in the reference guide that are not in the NPC list, and 6 creatures in the NPC list that are not in the reference guide.
* The link for the NPC list in the reference guide is pointing at the NPC "list of lists" from the fantasy grounds user interface, not the NPC list in your book.
* Prismatic Ray table the Red and Yellow (1 & 3) have the damage type in the saving throw column and don't indicate what ability to save with.
* None of the weapons have their descriptions included in the equipment list. Only via the reference manual. This is particularly an issue with the Northlands Estoc, Rothenian Poinard, and Composite Bow which have special rules that are unavailable. 27701
* Weapons exist in the reference manual that are missing from the equipment list.
* Warning Shout Spell uses non-5e mechanics. Reactions can only be used during combat but initiative is rolled before combat. Per the SRD "A reaction is an instant response to a trigger of some kind, which can occur on your turn or on someone else's." Also initiative is all rolled at the same time, again from the SRD "Initiative determines the order of turns during combat. When combat starts, every participant makes a dexterity check to determine their place in the initiative order." So there will never be an "initiative check made before your next turn" as required by the spell, meaning it cannot ever trigger and cannot do anything.
* Thunderbolt cantrip is missing damage scaling.
* Thunderous Stampede is missing the new paragraph before "at higher levels".
* Time Jump Spell. "forward in time. If it fails a Constitution saving throw, the construct"
* Vine Trestle spell. half of the components line appears in the description area below the duration. Additionally, it is not a ritual but makes reference to expending ritual focus.
* Shadow Realm Gateway spell. Says "this spell can only be cast as a ritual" but isn't marked as a ritual.
* Shadows Brought to Light spell. Has additional effects if you expend ritual focus but is not marked as a ritual.
* Shadowy Retribution spell. Has additional effects if you expend ritual focus but is not marked as a ritual. Also has non-5e mechanics. The additional ritual effects require "using a higher-level spell slot" but ritual's don't use spell slots. Per the SRD: "Certain spells have a special tag: ritual. Such a spell can be cast following the normal rules for spellcasting, or the spell can be cast as a ritual. The ritual version of a spell takes 10 minutes longer to cast than normal. It also doesn’t expend a spell slot, which means the ritual version of a spell can’t be cast at a higher level."
* Slither. "you momentarily become a shadow (a humanoidshaped" should be "humanoid-shaped".
* Song of the Forest. Has additional effects if you expend ritual focus but is not marked as a ritual.
* Ringward spell. part of the components information appears at the top of the description below duration.
* Heartache spell. Has additional effects if you expend ritual focus but is not marked as a ritual.
* Hod's Gift spell. missing the new paragraph for "at higher levels".
* Holy Ground spell. Part of the components line is at the top of the description field underneath duration.
* Guest of Honor spell. Has additional effects if you expend ritual focus but is not marked as a ritual.
* Find Kin spell. Part of the components information appears at the top of the description below duration.
* Freeze Potion spell. Part of the casting time information appears at the top of the description below duration.
* Frostbite spell. Part of the components information appears at the top of the description below duration.
* Enchant ring spell. Part of the components information appears at the top of the description below duration.
* Encroaching Shadows spell. Part of the components information appears at the top of the description below duration. Has additional effects if you expend ritual focus but is not marked as a ritual.
* Extract Foyson spell. Has additional effects if you expend ritual focus but is not marked as a ritual.
* Desolation spell. Part of the components information appears at the top of the description below duration. Has additional effects if you expend ritual focus but is not marked as a ritual.
* Deva's Wings spell. Part of the components information appears at the top of the description below duration.
* Drown spell. Part of the components information appears at the top of the description below duration.
* Celebration spell. Has additional effects if you expend ritual focus but is not marked as a ritual.
* Claws of darkness spell. Cantrip attack without additional levelling at levels 5, 11, 16.
* Clearing the Field spell. Has additional effects if you expend ritual focus but is not marked as a ritual.
* Compelling Fate spell. Part of the components information appears at the top of the description below duration.
* Black Swan Storm spell. Has additional effects if you expend ritual focus but is not marked as a ritual.
* Blade of my Brother spell. Part of the components information appears at the top of the description below duration.
* Bloom spell. Has additional effects if you expend ritual focus but is not marked as a ritual.
* Centaur race the Size attribute does change inventory max carrying capacity but does not cause token to be sized large. I'm not sure if that is due to wording in the racial trait or a limit within FG itself.

Thanks for pointing these out. Most of the items listed (cantrip damage, npc stats) are not provided in the book itself so there were no stats given. I'll get to work on correcting what I can so it can go out in an update.

gtw2017
July 7th, 2019, 23:16
The HUNTINGQUARRY story template has a variable [Huntingquarry] that seems like it is supposed to generate a random animal name. Instead it simply inserts the text 'HuntingQuarry' into the story it generates.

Thanks Zacc for letting me know this had come up - I'll get onto it right away and send a revision through to James. Thanks justenrules for the heads up!

Durak Zaesul
July 9th, 2019, 01:40
I've discovered the following possible minor errors:

1. Should the size traits on these NPCs be "Small" instead of "Medium"?

2. Typo error; unnecessary comma after type "Undead".

3. Typo error; NPC type "Giant" appears a second time as "Glant".

4. Misspelling; NPC name spelled "Barnicle" instead of "Barnacle".

5. The Volo's Maps module is not labeled in the same way as the other two Volo's modules. For a player with several modules, if I do a search for "Volo's" with the apostrophe only two of the three modules will be returned.

Zacchaeus
July 9th, 2019, 08:34
Hi Pooty welcome to FG; and thanks for the reports.

You are probably right on the commoners but I'm not sure it makes a lot of difference to non combatants. I'm not inclined to change the name of the Volo's map module since doing so will probably break a thousand campaigns. The others I've noted and will add to my fix list.

vulfram
July 13th, 2019, 05:12
Turn Undead doesn't have the correct DC for my cleric, war domain. My spell have the correct DC.

Zacchaeus
July 13th, 2019, 10:22
Turn Undead doesn't have the correct DC for my cleric, war domain. My spell have the correct DC.

This is something that you would need to do yourself in the actions tab of your character sheet. When you set up a power group (which I am assuming is what you have done for you Cleric abilities) you need to tell FG what ability to use for saving throws etc. You can find details on how to do that here in the Wiki (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/5E_Character_Sheet#Powers) or at about a minute and a half into the eighth video in this series (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?46965-New-Character-Creation-Videos) about character creation.

And welcome to FG and to the forums.

Paperclipkiller
July 13th, 2019, 20:37
This is probably more then just a 5e issue but I am unaware if it is or not. This isn't about how the arcs of the cones aren't right or something like that which has been discussed a lot. There is an inconsistency with what squares are targeted. I have provided 4 images that show what I mean since it is kind of hard to explain. Basically in some instances only 3 squares are targeted while in others, 4 squares are. I am using the Variant Movement in these screenshots but it applies to standard movement as well. The inconsistency continues with the same square not being targeted the further out the cone goes. If this isn't just 5e, what thread should I put this in?

LordEntrails
July 13th, 2019, 21:27
This is probably more then just a 5e issue but I am unaware if it is or not. This isn't about how the arcs of the cones aren't right or something like that which has been discussed a lot. There is an inconsistency with what squares are targeted. I have provided 4 images that show what I mean since it is kind of hard to explain. Basically in some instances only 3 squares are targeted while in others, 4 squares are. I am using the Variant Movement in these screenshots but it applies to standard movement as well. The inconsistency continues with the same square not being targeted the further out the cone goes. If this isn't just 5e, what thread should I put this in?
Yea, this is known and has been discussed before. I think it comes from what in the end you can think of rounding. For instance, .5 can be rounded up or down and both times it's a valid mathematical solution, and so in this case depending if it's the upper or lower half of the interval it either gets included or excluded.

i too would think their would be an elegant programming solution, but apparently not according to the Devs. And I trust they no more than I do *G*. I believe it will be fixed in Unity as the map and image functions are being re-done. But this issue hasn't been directly mentioned.

Zacchaeus
July 13th, 2019, 21:33
I'm not sure whether it's just 5e or not to be honest. I imagine that there's some maths involved in calculating what squares are highlighted and that probably depends on how much of the square is covered by the arc. It isn't just arcs of course there are issues with circles too.

Personally I ignore the shaded squares and go by where the lines are. If the target token has any part of a line through it then it's targeted which I think is the correct way to interpret the rule. In other words in my graphic below all of the NPCs are subject to the spell because there is at least part of the arc in the square that they are in. It doesn't matter that they are standing in a square which isn't highlighted (it's hard to tell but the square under Acolyte 1 and 5 isn't highlighted by the arc).

Paperclipkiller
July 13th, 2019, 23:12
I'm just confused about how if I have a cone pointing diagonally upper right it highlights only 3 squares and diagonally lower right it highlights 4 squares when they are the same exact length.

Because there is a creature with a 10ft cone in Ravnica, I checked the 10ft cone as well and it led to an interesting discovery. I use the variant movement which is why I checked this as this would be how the cone length is. In normal movement this would be 7.5ft cone length and not really used. However there are 3 variations for how the cone determines squares highlighted. If it was just 2 variations like the above one, then that could be a rounding thing. Looking closely at each cone by the pixel, I could see however some of the cone is actually bigger on one side then the other, going over the edge of the square. You can see it in the first 2 images I link here, the cones are not the same despite being drawn the same exact way.

This led me to try something. A different size grid. I made the grid 1 pixel smaller, so a 49 pixel grid. The squares highlighted actually changed for one of the cones. You can see in the second 2 images that one changed and one stayed the same.

I tried a 25 pixel grid (unpictured) and it resulted like a 49 pixel grid. I guess this reinforces at least if you want consistent squares highlighted every single map should have 50 pixel grids. Hopefully this will be fixed in Unity I guess.

I guess if there is any bug to fix then, it's that a map should have a 50 pixel grid if doesn't already. I dunno any that don't already have one but it is good to know for sure that it actually affects stuff highlighted.

LordEntrails
July 14th, 2019, 00:15
I'm just confused about how if I have a cone pointing diagonally upper right it highlights only 3 squares and diagonally lower right it highlights 4 squares when they are the same exact length.

As I said, this is due to a type of geometric rounding. I know it sounds simple to solve, but the devs have stated that it is not simple (and the post I remember they went into detailed explanation). I believe them :)

In short, imo, its not worth bothering to figure out :)

Moon Wizard
July 15th, 2019, 04:50
FGC uses the center point of the square to determine whether to shade a square covered by a pointer. When it's close and/or the grid is small, then it's a bit of a coin flip whether the exact center is included in the pointer shading.

FGU will use straight shading in the shape of the pointer.

Regards,
JPG

HuseyinCinar
July 15th, 2019, 08:47
straight shading in the shape of the pointer.

Can you explain this? Do you mean each square that the pointer touches will be highlighted?

LordEntrails
July 15th, 2019, 15:55
Can you explain this? Do you mean each square that the pointer touches will be highlighted?
No, it means shading will fill the shape and it will be up to the users to determine if partial squares are to be included or not.

Moon Wizard
July 15th, 2019, 18:08
Yes, as LordEntrails mentioned. We will not be implementing ruleset-specific pointer shading, since every system does it slightly differently.

Thanks,
JPG

limpinjezus
July 15th, 2019, 18:16
Reading through the Reference Manual in the DD TYP The Sunless Citadel module I am finding that nearly every instance of 'D&D' or 'AD&D' the second D is missing, They are too numerous to recount verbatim, but ie. in the Using this book section, "...contains seven adventures taken from across D&'s history." and "...ideas adapting it to a variety of D& settings." Perhaps a parsing error after the '&' character.

Zacchaeus
July 15th, 2019, 22:14
Reading through the Reference Manual in the DD TYP The Sunless Citadel module I am finding that nearly every instance of 'D&D' or 'AD&D' the second D is missing, They are too numerous to recount verbatim, but ie. in the Using this book section, "...contains seven adventures taken from across D&'s history." and "...ideas adapting it to a variety of D& settings." Perhaps a parsing error after the '&' character.

No, it's probably something to do with me trying to be clever and do a search and replace and not replacing the search correctly. I'll note that for fixing; thanks for reporting.

Minxdobby69
July 15th, 2019, 22:51
Sun Sword shows up in templates, but not as an item. Clearly listed in the 5.1 SRD. Can you please check on this?

LordEntrails
July 15th, 2019, 23:29
Using the Paladin from Xanathar's, the "Sacred Oath" class feature is not added to the character sheet at level 3. You are prompted to select a specific oath, but the class feature itself is not added. I'll let you decide if it should or not. Did not test with PHB Paladin.

Caelen
July 16th, 2019, 02:46
In the DMG, Reference Guide, Chapter 7, Other Rewards
The Blessing of Valhalla links to the Horn of Valhalla type table with a misspelled link.
The blessing should instead link to the Horn of Valhalla (Silver) table. That's the only effect the blessing can do.

Zacchaeus
July 16th, 2019, 08:39
Using the Paladin from Xanathar's, the "Sacred Oath" class feature is not added to the character sheet at level 3. You are prompted to select a specific oath, but the class feature itself is not added. I'll let you decide if it should or not. Did not test with PHB Paladin.

Do you mean the blurb text that introduces the choice? If so then that blurb is just blurb and it doesn't get added as an ability for any class. Just to be sure we're talking about the same bit of text I enclose a screenshot.

Zacchaeus
July 16th, 2019, 09:13
Sun Sword shows up in templates, but not as an item. Clearly listed in the 5.1 SRD. Can you please check on this?

Problem identified. Noted for fixing.

Zacchaeus
July 16th, 2019, 09:14
In the DMG, Reference Guide, Chapter 7, Other Rewards
The Blessing of Valhalla links to the Horn of Valhalla type table with a misspelled link.
The blessing should instead link to the Horn of Valhalla (Silver) table. That's the only effect the blessing can do.

I thought I had tracked down all the misspelled Valhalla's; but clearly not. Problem noted for fixing

LordEntrails
July 16th, 2019, 18:13
Do you mean the blurb text that introduces the choice? If so then that blurb is just blurb and it doesn't get added as an ability for any class. Just to be sure we're talking about the same bit of text I enclose a screenshot.
Pretty much. Except at least the XtgE version has a lot more text than what you show. The two parts from it that I find I require I reference during character creation was the part of Oath spells that they don't count against the spells known and the frequency of Channel Divinity. As I said, your call. It's something I have to read/reference during character creation, but am sure other may not. I don't know what criteria you use for what you do and don't include.

Zacchaeus
July 16th, 2019, 22:19
Pretty much. Except at least the XtgE version has a lot more text than what you show. The two parts from it that I find I require I reference during character creation was the part of Oath spells that they don't count against the spells known and the frequency of Channel Divinity. As I said, your call. It's something I have to read/reference during character creation, but am sure other may not. I don't know what criteria you use for what you do and don't include.

Ok, I see what you mean now. It's the actual feature in the class description called 'Sacred Oath' which doesn't get added and my testing shows that actually that doesn't get added for any class. I'm wondering if that is expected behaviour or not. Leave it with me.

Griogre
July 17th, 2019, 00:50
MTF: Choker XP is 100 and should be 200.

Zacchaeus
July 17th, 2019, 10:10
MTF: Choker XP is 100 and should be 200.

Noted

HuseyinCinar
July 17th, 2019, 10:55
If someone has - dex modifier and they roll rrreeeaaall low on initiatiive, the combat tracker fails to add them in lol. Then when you click end turn/next player button it skips them since their Init info is empty

Zacchaeus
July 17th, 2019, 11:39
If someone has - dex modifier and they roll rrreeeaaall low on initiatiive, the combat tracker fails to add them in lol. Then when you click end turn/next player button it skips them since their Init info is empty

Can you provide more details please since I'm not seeing this. The graphic attached shows several NPCs and a PC on the Combat Tracker with negative initiative. It isn't clear from the static image of course but I can cycle through them quite happily. None of them get missed out. Also as you can see the NPCs initiative shows the negative number and is not blank.

So, the first question would be are you using any extensions? And does this happen in a new campaign without extensions?

vulfram
July 20th, 2019, 02:47
This is something that you would need to do yourself in the actions tab of your character sheet. When you set up a power group (which I am assuming is what you have done for you Cleric abilities) you need to tell FG what ability to use for saving throws etc. You can find details on how to do that here in the Wiki (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/5E_Character_Sheet#Powers) or at about a minute and a half into the eighth video in this series (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?46965-New-Character-Creation-Videos) about character creation.

And welcome to FG and to the forums.

I figured out how to modify the drag and drop entry to correctly reflect my DC.

HuseyinCinar
July 20th, 2019, 08:25
Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_ping.lua"]:96: attempt to index local 'w' (a nil value)
Script Warning: onZoom: Recursive control event or call terminated (imagecontrol:play_image)
Script Warning: onZoom: Recursive control event or call terminated (imagecontrol:play_image)

My players were getting an error during our game last night. This happens when you zoom in on a map, but the image doesn't zoom in, while the tokens and the pins move around as if you're zoomed in. I *think* it's because of an extension but I cannot replicate this. It happens sometimes, but I'm not sure why yet.

Dropping it here to see if it's something that happens to everyone. If it's not I'm going to start trying extension one by one but I would need a way to replicate it on purpose to test.

Zacchaeus
July 20th, 2019, 09:48
My players were getting an error during our game last night. This happens when you zoom in on a map, but the image doesn't zoom in, while the tokens and the pins move around as if you're zoomed in. I *think* it's because of an extension but I cannot replicate this. It happens sometimes, but I'm not sure why yet.

Dropping it here to see if it's something that happens to everyone. If it's not I'm going to start trying extension one by one but I would need a way to replicate it on purpose to test.

It will be an extension. Either start a new campaign and add in the extensions you are using until you get the error or use an existing campaign and disable the extensions one at a time until the issue goes away. Then report the issue in the thread relating to the extension. Note also it may be a conflict between two or more different extensions.

mdrichey
July 22nd, 2019, 05:12

What you are seeing is an initiative roll result of 0. The numeral 0 doesn't show in the init box in the CT, it just remains blank, so it looks just like initiative wasn't rolled at all.

Ckorik
July 23rd, 2019, 06:22
Ghosts of Saltmarsh

Mariner's Scale Mail Armor has no armor value - it should have all the same attributes as scale mail.

gtw2017
July 30th, 2019, 08:03

Thanks for letting me know - I've patched this and resubmitted the product to update it. In the meantime, if you put a space between Hunting and Quarry and save the file it should help. Cheers :)

Zacchaeus
July 30th, 2019, 15:02
Ghosts of Saltmarsh

Mariner's Scale Mail Armor has no armor value - it should have all the same attributes as scale mail.

Thanks for the report. Noted for fixing

ReverendJ
August 3rd, 2019, 11:06
Typo in XGte > Goliath > Stone's Endurance - damage is written as dam age

Zacchaeus
August 3rd, 2019, 17:42
Typo in XGte > Goliath > Stone's Endurance - damage is written as dam age

As it should be :)

Thanks for reporting.

Durak Zaesul
August 4th, 2019, 16:38
I've noted possible minor errors as follows:

1. 28243

2. 28244

Zacchaeus
August 4th, 2019, 18:03
Indeed. For the second one can you direct me to the module that it's in. The one with the capital 'I' is the incorrect one.

Nodal
August 10th, 2019, 17:01
In Storm King's Thunder my link to Lyn Armaal: General Features is no longer working, and a number of links and such are missing.

Zacchaeus
August 10th, 2019, 17:32
In Storm King's Thunder my link to Lyn Armaal: General Features is no longer working, and a number of links and such are missing.

This will be because the name of the module changed. See here for more information https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?50167-Storm-King-s-Thunder-module-name-change-after-release-update

dungeonguru
August 13th, 2019, 18:42
I've seen a few issues reported with Midgard Heroes Handbook, has any word come back from the publishers as to if a fix/patch is upcoming?

My personal findings are that a lot of spells in this product are marked as ritual (Absolute Command, Acid Rain, Adjust Positioning) and they are not rituals according to my copy of the PDF.

Plus whatever parser they are using sometimes drops the second line of a long Material component into the spell description. One example is Enchant Ring, the Component line reads "V, S, M (500 gp worth of diamond dust," and the first line in the description starts "which the spell consumes)" which is after Duration.

Zacchaeus
August 13th, 2019, 21:33
I'll make sure that the developer is aware of the issues. Thanks for reporting.

Jgraten
August 19th, 2019, 02:37
Hello, for some reason there seems to be a HUGE missing portion of Volo's Guide to Monsters regarding 5 of the 9 creatures/races the book covers. I can see lore about Giants, Yuan-Ti, Mind Flayers, and Hags, but not Goblinoids (the one I'm looking for most), Kobolds, Gnolls, Orcs, and Beholders.

Where do I find this lore if not in the VGtM reference manual?

[MODERATOR: Moved to the 5E official product bug reporting thread.]

Zacchaeus
August 20th, 2019, 16:04
Hello, for some reason there seems to be a HUGE missing portion of Volo's Guide to Monsters regarding 5 of the 9 creatures/races the book covers. I can see lore about Giants, Yuan-Ti, Mind Flayers, and Hags, but not Goblinoids (the one I'm looking for most), Kobolds, Gnolls, Orcs, and Beholders.

Where do I find this lore if not in the VGtM reference manual?

[MODERATOR: Moved to the 5E official product bug reporting thread.]

You don't see this?

FilippoC
August 22nd, 2019, 08:01
I have found that some modules for D&D 5e have the "Revert Changes" option when you load them, or when you open back your game. Most of the following modules have never been open by me.

The list includes:

Lost Mine of Phandelver, Dead in Thay, Secret Shine of Tamoachan, Forge of Fury, Against the Giants.

FilippoC
August 22nd, 2019, 08:18
In Dungeon of the Mad Mage, level 19, area 1 (The Resplendent Grotto of Ichthyglug the Voluminous), the link of the first encounter is broken.

Zacchaeus
August 22nd, 2019, 09:51
In Dungeon of the Mad Mage, level 19, area 1 (The Resplendent Grotto of Ichthyglug the Voluminous), the link of the first encounter is broken.

I'm not seeing this; what's broken about it?

Zacchaeus
August 22nd, 2019, 09:51
I have found that some modules for D&D 5e have the "Revert Changes" option when you load them, or when you open back your game. Most of the following modules have never been open by me.

The list includes:

Lost Mine of Phandelver, Dead in Thay, Secret Shine of Tamoachan, Forge of Fury, Against the Giants.

I don't think that's anything to worry about.

FilippoC
August 22nd, 2019, 09:58
I'm not seeing this; what's broken about it?

Zacchaeus
August 22nd, 2019, 11:22

Ah, found it. I was looking in the story entry rather than in the reference section. Noted for fixing.

Moon Wizard
August 22nd, 2019, 17:54
Any images you open will be marked as changed. I haven't had the chance to investigate and tighten up the logic in both the ruleset and client to avoid; and it doesn't affect usage at all.

Regards,
JPG

FilippoC
August 23rd, 2019, 09:40
I think there is a missing sidebar in Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes (both in the reference manual and story): the paragraph is "Tiefling Subraces" and the missing sidebar is titled in the physical book "Why Devils want Cults".

FilippoC
August 23rd, 2019, 14:20
In Tomb of Annihilation, Chapter 3: Omu, the paragraph "Dwellers of the Forbidden City" is repeated twice, both in the reference manual and the story.

Zacchaeus
August 23rd, 2019, 15:10
I think there is a missing sidebar in Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes (both in the reference manual and story): the paragraph is "Tiefling Subraces" and the missing sidebar is titled in the physical book "Why Devils want Cults".

In Tomb of Annihilation, Chapter 3: Omu, the paragraph "Dwellers of the Forbidden City" is repeated twice, both in the reference manual and the story.

Both noted for fixing. Thanks for the reports.

FilippoC
August 25th, 2019, 08:47
Thank you, Zacchaeus, for taking these notes. I have found one more bug:

In Xanathar's Guide to Everything, Traps Revised, section "Designing Complex Traps", subsection "Defeating Complex Traps", the text from the 5th to the 9th paragraph is repeated twice.

Zacchaeus
August 25th, 2019, 09:01
Thank you, Zacchaeus, for taking these notes. I have found one more bug:

In Xanathar's Guide to Everything, Traps Revised, section "Designing Complex Traps", subsection "Defeating Complex Traps", the text from the 5th to the 9th paragraph is repeated twice.

Roger that, noted as well.

FilippoC
August 25th, 2019, 14:03
The image in "Other" for the monster Couatl is taken from 3e or 4e, but it is not the one from 5e.

The token is correct, though.

Zacchaeus
August 25th, 2019, 14:46
The image in "Other" for the monster Couatl is taken from 3e or 4e, but it is not the one from 5e.

The token is correct, though.

It's taken from the image supplied by WotC and is the same one that's in the physical book and the token was created using that same image, so I'm not sure about this one. Also I've just update the MM with all new images and tokens so I'll not note this one at this time.

FilippoC
August 25th, 2019, 14:58
I have investigated this better:

The couatl monster from the Monster Manual hasn't the correct image (see screenshot):

While the couatl monster from the other sources (Storm King's Thunder, for example) has the correct image:

Zacchaeus
August 25th, 2019, 18:11
Interesting. That image is actually from the DMG; so if you close your DMG and look again at the couatl from the MM you'll get the right image. The reason why it is picking up that image is that the links in the MM (for technical reasons) are anonymous links so FG looks for the first available image when you click the link. Clearly the DMG image is being selected before the MM image.

FilippoC
August 25th, 2019, 18:57
Interesting. That image is actually from the DMG; so if you close your DMG and look again at the couatl from the MM you'll get the right image. The reason why it is picking up that image is that the links in the MM (for technical reasons) are anonymous links so FG looks for the first available image when you click the link. Clearly the DMG image is being selected before the MM image.

oh wow, you are very right, sir.
Thank for the clarification.

Jgraten
August 25th, 2019, 19:04
You don't see this?

Correct, I do not see those.

Zacchaeus
August 25th, 2019, 19:12
Correct, I do not see those.

Go into your FGData folder (click the folder icon at the top right of the start screen to get to it). Open the vault directory and find the file WOTC5EVGM.dat file and delete it. Then run an update of FG. Let us know if that fixes the issue.

Jgraten
August 25th, 2019, 19:24
Go into your FGData folder (click the folder icon at the top right of the start screen to get to it). Open the vault directory and find the file WOTC5EVGM.dat file and delete it. Then run an update of FG. Let us know if that fixes the issue.

I've done as instructed, entered the campaign and now I only see 3/9 lore sections of Chapter 1.
I see: Beholders, Mind Flayers, & Orcs.
I don't see: Goblinoids, Giants, Hags, Gnolls, Kobolds, & Yuan-ti.

Zacchaeus
August 25th, 2019, 20:00
Can you open your module activation window and right click over Volo's Guide and select revert changes to see if that clears the issue. Also can you try in a new campaign without any extensions to see if it works ok in that.

Jgraten
August 25th, 2019, 20:17
Can you open your module activation window and right click over Volo's Guide and select revert changes to see if that clears the issue. Also can you try in a new campaign without any extensions to see if it works ok in that.

Absolutely, I'll give it a shot. I'm having trouble finding the option to revert changes. Can you break it down step by step starting with finding the module activation window?

Zacchaeus
August 25th, 2019, 20:46
Click on Library and then on Modules; find Volo's guide in the list that opens and then right click on it. If you see an option to revert changes click it (there might not be one)

Jgraten
August 25th, 2019, 20:54
Click on Library and then on Modules; find Volo's guide in the list that opens and then right click on it. If you see an option to revert changes click it (there might not be one)

I don't see any option to revert changes. I've also tried in a new campaign without any extensions and now it's only showing Mind Flayers, and literally no other section of the entire book. Though afterward I tried typing in some of the names of the creature lore I'm missing, and it brought up Hags, Yuan-ti, and Giants afterward, but still not the other 5 of the 9.

Zacchaeus
August 25th, 2019, 21:21
Is this issue confined only to Volo's Guide? You have no issues with any other DLC? You have no other issues with FG apart from this one thing? When you updated FG after deleting VGM did you get any errors when you updated FG? Did it show that VGM dowloaded and installed ok?

There is clearly something amiss with your install somewhere along the line. Try this. Go into FGData again and this time find the ruleset folder and delete the CoreRPG.pak and 5e.pak files and then update FG.

If that doesn't work then try deleting your FantasyGrounds.exe file from Program Files(x86)/Fantasy Grounds (or wherever you installed FG) and then update FG from the updater.exe filein the same location.

Jgraten
August 25th, 2019, 21:34
Is this issue confined only to Volo's Guide? You have no issues with any other DLC? You have no other issues with FG apart from this one thing? When you updated FG after deleting VGM did you get any errors when you updated FG? Did it show that VGM downloaded and installed ok?

There is clearly something amiss with your install somewhere along the line. Try this. Go into FGData again and this time find the ruleset folder and delete the CoreRPG.pak and 5e.pak files and then update FG.

If that doesn't work then try deleting your FantasyGrounds.exe file from Program Files(x86)/Fantasy Grounds (or wherever you installed FG) and then update FG from the updater.exe file in the same location.

At a glance of two other DLC modules (Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes & Xanathar's Guide to Everything), everything seems to be working just fine with their reference manuals. They don't show anything until I type in the search bar, but when I do and delete whatever key character I typed, the reference manual displays everything normally.

I do not notice any other issues with FG apart from this one thing.

When I updated FG after deleting VGM I did not get any errors.

As for showing that VGM downloaded and installed ok, I did not notice any errors or pop-up alerts, and things moved smooth and very fast to the point I couldn't read the lines as they appeared in the updater, so I believe it downloaded and installed ok.

I'll give your additional suggested methods a shot some time later, but in the meantime thank you for your help.

Zacchaeus
August 25th, 2019, 21:55
Ok, let's take a step back.

Proceed as follows.
1) Click Library and then click modules
2) Find one of your modules such as Mordenkainen and click the load button. Mordenkainen will bow appear on the left side of your Library window
3) Click on the icon for Mordenkainen in the left hand side of the library window and a list of contents appears in the right hand window.
4) Find the Reference manual in the right hand menu and click it; this will open up the Reference window and you will see D&D Mordenkainen's Tone of Foes on the left pane
5) Click on the D&D Mordenkainen's Tome of foes on the left pane; this will expand the contents of the reference manual in the left pane.
6) Click on any of the chapter headings in the left pane and the menu on the left will expand to show the pages in the chapter and the first page will open on the right.

Does this solve your issue?

Jgraten
August 29th, 2019, 06:35
Ok, let's take a step back.

Proceed as follows.
1) Click Library and then click modules
2) Find one of your modules such as Mordenkainen and click the load button. Mordenkainen will bow appear on the left side of your Library window
3) Click on the icon for Mordenkainen in the left hand side of the library window and a list of contents appears in the right hand window.
4) Find the Reference manual in the right hand menu and click it; this will open up the Reference window and you will see D&D Mordenkainen's Tone of Foes on the left pane
5) Click on the D&D Mordenkainen's Tome of foes on the left pane; this will expand the contents of the reference manual in the left pane.
6) Click on any of the chapter headings in the left pane and the menu on the left will expand to show the pages in the chapter and the first page will open on the right.

Does this solve your issue?

I apologize for the late reply Zacchaeus. That did solve my issue perfectly. Thank you for your help.

JohnQPublic
August 30th, 2019, 19:19
Extremely minor: Dungeon of the Mad Mage. In the reference manual, Chpt 7, Central Cavern. 5th paragraph. There's a space in the middle of "Maddgoth's" in the 2nd sentence.

JohnQPublic
August 30th, 2019, 20:17
Also in DotMM, Chpt7, The Castle, just above "Otto's Game". There's some junk text.

JohnQPublic
August 30th, 2019, 20:52
DotMM, Chapt 6. Umber Hulk Tunnel. The 'next' button goes to Dragon's Platform in Chapt 5

JohnQPublic
August 30th, 2019, 21:07
DotMM Chpt 6. Temple of Dumathoin. The 'next' button takes you to area 7 on level 2 or 3 I think, the 'previous' button takes you to 'House Auvryndar' on that same level I think.

JohnQPublic
August 30th, 2019, 21:16
DotMM Chpt 6. Arch Gate to Level 4. The 'next' button goes to 'Music of the Dead' on a previous level, the 'previous' button goes to 'Abondoned Camp' in the Xanathar Guild output on one of the upper levels.

Zacchaeus
August 30th, 2019, 21:21
I'll have a look at all that. Sounds like there may be areas with similar names which would be causing the jump to the wrong places.

FilippoC
September 3rd, 2019, 21:05
In Dragon of the Icespire Peak, Chapter "Shrine of Savras, location "S2. Courtyard", the encounters "Orcs" (for all the levels) are broken. See the screenshot for a better understanding.

Zacchaeus
September 3rd, 2019, 21:10
That isn't broken. When you click the generate button it will multiply the number of PCs in the group by the number shown (thus 4*$PC will give you 8 orcs if you have 2 party members); thus giving you the correct number of NPCs in the encounter.

FilippoC
September 3rd, 2019, 21:20
That isn't broken. When you click the generate button it will multiply the number of PCs in the group by the number shown (thus 4*$PC will give you 8 orcs if you have 2 party members); thus giving you the correct number of NPCs in the encounter.

Wow, I didn't know it was a feature. FG really keeps surprising me.

Thanks, Zacchaeus, for your patience in explaining things.

deer_buster
September 7th, 2019, 03:18
Appendix A: Sidekicks in D&D Essentials Kit Rulebook

Warriors Beyond 1st Level table

4th Level has an issue...there is a carryover into a new row between 4th and 5th Level that should all go in the 4th level one.

JohnQPublic
September 7th, 2019, 04:57
Dungeon of the Mad Mage map 7A. There's a square piece of floor sticking out into space on the west side of the central area.

Paperclipkiller
September 7th, 2019, 05:22
Multiple Modules:

Demilich: I do not know if there is a way to do this. The HP is 80 (32d4), but in the description of the demilich under "Undead Nature" states it always has the maximum number of hit points for its hit dice, instead of average hit points. A DM can fix it when bringing it into the combat tracker so it may be counted as a non-issue. Wanted to bring up just in case there was a way.

Aquatic Troll in Out of the Abyss has a passive Perception of 11. It is supposed to have a passive Perception of 12 since it is based on the Troll with additional features.

Aquatic Troll in Princes of the Apocalypse doesn't have the "Troll Freaks" section in the "other" tab. The other Aquatic Troll in Out of the Abyss has it.

Both Aquatic Trolls don't have the "Loathsome Limbs" in the normal Troll. It's mentioned in both books they are Trolls with additional features, so they should have all the mentioned info of Trolls. Which would also mean including a Loathsome Limbs table.

Weird thing I noticed, both Aquatic Trolls have the Breathe Underwater worded differently, but both wordings mean the same thing. It's not an important thing, just saw they didn't line up.

Dragon Heist:

The Attack Mannequins still say "armor" in their various traits and actions. Should probably be replaced with "mannequin" although it doesn't outright say that in the book.

It would be helpful for the Attack Mannequins to have a trait, even an unnamed one, that mentions they go inanimate after taking damage until reanimated.

Dungeon of the Mad Mage:

Arcturia has their Spellcasting section completely messed up with a bunch of /r making most of the spells not show up in the tracker. As a result, the spells at the bottom of the sheet have quite a few missing.

Arcturia doesn't have the two paragraphs starting with "Unable to abide..." and "If the characters..." in her "other" tab.

There are Awakened Trees, Awakened Brown Bears, Awakened Elks and Awakened Giant Wasps all awakened by the Awaken spell in the "Inner Forest" section. Some of them mention specifically having the language common currently, but they all have the possibility of knowing one of the following: Common, Elvish or Druidic since the creator knows those ones specifically. THe standard text of "One language known by its creator" would fit here, replacing "its creator" with "Wyllow"

On a related note, there is an Awakened Tree in "Wyllow's Tower" that specifically knows "Common" as a language, and the name for it is "Halastree" as mentioned in "Wyllow's Throne Room".

Fazrian has Regional Effects listed on Page 265-266. They should be added to his "other" tab like other creatures with Regional Effects.

Fazrian doesn't have "lesser restoration" italisized in the "Magical Light" lair action.

Fazrian doesn't have when his lair actions happen in his "other" tab like other monsters with lair actions, or have the lair actions listed there like other monsters with lair actions.

Out of the Abyss:

An additional entry for Awakened Zurkhwood should know one language by it's creator for languages, since it can happen via just the Awaken Spell. The Myconid one is the one that doesn't have a language.

Bugbear doesn't have a passive Perception. It just says passive

Fiendish Giant Spider says "Smaller than a giant..." at the bottom of it's Bite Action. That is the description of Giant Wolf Spiders, which should be in the "other" tab as these Fiendish Giant Spiders are said to be Giant Wolf Spiders.

Storm Kings Thunder:

Crag Cat has their image partway down in the "other" tab. Every other monster lists it right under their name, which the Crag Cat is also missing in it's "Other" tab as the header.

Tomb of Annihilation:

In the Dragonfang stat block, it says "Drogonfang" in the Damage Threshold. Great Game of Thrones reference ;)

Princes of the Apocalypse:

Fathomer AC is 13 and specifies (with mage armor) when it should say AC 10 (13 with Mage Armor)

Ghosts of Saltmarsh:

I only mention this one because you did it in a separate book. There is only 1 entry for Fathomer, not one for Serpent form. This is different from how you did it in Princes of the Apocalypse where you had a separate entry for Fathomer (serpent form).

TYP Against the Giants:

Fire Giant Warrior is misspelled as Warrier.

TYP Tomb of Horrors:

Giant Skeleton: In the "other" tab, there is a space between "Undead Nature" and the period next to it.

Paperclipkiller
September 7th, 2019, 06:35
Adding on some more:

TYP Tomb of Horrors:

There are 4 entries for Mummy Lord and as far as I can tell, the only one used is the one with Fire Damage Resistance.

The other 3 entries for Mummy Lord are in a "DD MM Monster Manual" NPC list that is in the TYP Tomb of Horrors Module. They are the only one in the list, it should be removed.

The Mummy Lord with Fire Resistance is supposed to have XP value of 6500

The Mummy Lord used says "nonflammabl" instead of "nonflammable" in the Fireproof Wrappings trait.

Mummy Lord used needs a period at the sentences used in the descriptions of the Fireproof Wrappings and Ring of Fire Resistance traits.

Dungeon of the Mad Mage:

In 23B. Hall of Final Judgement on Page 276 under "Standing Gate to Level 19" it mentions how Fazrian has the possibility to be at 60HP due to a Marilith encounter. And the 2 Mariliths also have the possibility of being at a lowered 60 HP. Entries for them should be added, similar to how a "Weakened Demogorgon" and "Weakened Juiblex" was added in Out of the Abyss.

The Rise of Tiamat:

Appendix A: Monsters just opens the Monster list. Not even the Rise of Tiamat specific one, just the general one. This is very different compared to how they are done now.

Appendix B: Magic Items, similar issue as Monsters, just Magic Items instead.

PZ-04.0 Appendix D: DM Crib Sheets, I don't know what is supposed to be here, but nothing is here.

PZ-04.1 Sea of Moving Ice Encounters: I think you used to be edit this but you can't now which makes this appendix useless.

Tomb of Annihilation:

Appendix D: Monsters and NPCs: While the NPC stats are listed, there are no links to the stat sheets themselves.

In Appendix D, Aldani stats have "STR DEX CON INT WIS CHA" not bolded and connected to the speed line. Same with the stats listed afterwards. It also has a ; at the end of it's Claw Action in the Appendix.

Tri-Flower Frond is in all Caps in Appendix D.

Hoard of the Dragon Queen:

Appendix A is listed as the only Appendix as "Appendix". This means Appendix B: Monsters and Appendix C: Magic Items is missing.

Curse of Strahd:

There is no Reference Manual.

Zacchaeus
September 7th, 2019, 09:26
Ok, someone's been saving up stuff.

I have no time to look at any of this right now but I'll add it all to my list.

Zacchaeus
September 7th, 2019, 09:26
Appendix A: Sidekicks in D&D Essentials Kit Rulebook

Warriors Beyond 1st Level table

4th Level has an issue...there is a carryover into a new row between 4th and 5th Level that should all go in the 4th level one.

NOted

Zacchaeus
September 7th, 2019, 09:27
Dungeon of the Mad Mage map 7A. There's a square piece of floor sticking out into space on the west side of the central area.

Noted

Paperclipkiller
September 7th, 2019, 18:22
Ok, someone's been saving up stuff.

I have no time to look at any of this right now but I'll add it all to my list.

Funny enough I found it all last night. Every year or so I create personal modules using monsters only found in adventure modules. Its so that I can use them in my homebrew campaign without having every adventure open.

I noticed with my checking a lot of the adventure modules all do their "Reference Manual" different from one another. Like a completely different style. Is there a standardized way of doing it or do you leave it up to the discretion of who is making the module?

Which on that note:

Multiple Modules:

Something I noticed, which isn't necessarily a bug but something missing from the reference sheets to make them a bit better is links to the magic items when described. Some modules already link to the magic items in their reference module, so I will only list ones that do not.

Ghosts of Saltmarsh, Dungeon of the Mad Mage, Hoard of the Dragon Queen (This is due to no appendix for Magic items at all as listed in an above post), Lost Mine of Phandelver (No Magic Item list at all in the Appendix), Out of the Abyss (No Reference Manual), Curse of Strahd (No Reference Manual), Rise of Tiamat (This is due to no appendix for Magic items at all as listed in an above post), Dragon Heist, TYP Appendices

TYP Appendices also doesn't link to the stat blocks of the monsters directly in it's Appendix B.

Lost Mine of Phandelver:

Monsters aren't listed in the Reference Manual. They just link to the generic monster list like Dragon Queen and Rise of Tiamat.

Out of the Abyss:

No Reference Manual, so no listing of the appendix at all (idk how I missed that one last night.)

Zacchaeus
September 7th, 2019, 20:31
Since I've done all of the reference manuals they should all be pretty much the same. Obviously as things move on and stuff gets added then the look gets better. There's no reference manuals (yet) for some of the older modules like Strahd and OotA. There is an issue with those in that they were created in FG rather than in par5e - so a different approach is needed to creating the manuals which isn't just as flexible as using par5e.

As for links it isn't possible to link just to a list of magic items in a particular module so the link goes to the campaign list of magic items which means you'll see all the magic items in all modules that you have open. You can then use the groups in the items dialog to filter out the items that you want. The same goes for NPCs and anything else.

Early modules did not contain reference manuals so Magic Items and NPCs were only ever to be found in the relevant library lists. I only started adding magic items and NPCs into reference manuals when we started adding refmanuals to adventure modules (Tomb of Annihilation was the first to get a proper reference manual). Going back into the older modules and creating refmanuals has some issues in that I don't always have the original documentation (all the adventures prior to Storm Kings Thunder were not originally done by me) so I have no clear idea of what things are supposed to look like. Additionally since FG is a digital format there is an argument for not requiring magic item and NPC appendices, since you can see the list easily enough.

There is also the question of time. I have picked away at adding reference manuals to all of the older adventures but I have to squeeze that in between developing new stuff and so there isn't always time to do such things. However it is unlikely that I'll add Magic items or NPC appendices to any of them.

Paperclipkiller
September 7th, 2019, 21:55
That all makes sense, in regards to the Reference Manuals. I figured it was something like that anyway with a lot of the older ones being a completely different style. They were different enough I figured mentioning them just in case. Time is the big reason I figured they would probably not get touched on since there are so many things needing your attention already that are far more important. Thank you for all your hard work btw, I know it is a lot. And thank you for bearing with all these little things I bring up because I am not sure if they are issues or not.:p

Paperclipkiller
September 8th, 2019, 19:21
TYP Appendices:

Bracelet of Rock Magic is missing.

Dungeon Master's Guide:

There is only 1 "Elemental Gem" item, when there are 4 versions listed in the item description. This is different from how it is done with the Bag of Tricks which has each of the versions listed.

The versions are Blue Sapphire, Yellow Diamond, Red corundum and Emerald. These are Air, Earth, Fire and Water elementals respectively.

Out of the Abyss

This one isn't necessarily a bug, but mentioning the consistency error. All the spell scrolls are named "Spell Scroll (spell name)". Every scroll in other books are called "Scroll of spell name".

In Mundane Items, Alchemist's Fire (flask) is supposed to capitalize (Flask).

Dungeon of the Mad Mage:

The Air Elemental Gem says "Water Elemental" in the paragraph describing it. It should say "Air Elemental".

There are 2 "Figurine of Wondrous Power" that are Onyx Dogs in the magic item list. One has it as (Onyx Dog) and the other is Onyx Dog. (Onyx Dog) is the correct one, so the other one can be removed. If it is used anywhere in the adventure it should be replaced with the proper one.

Ioun Stone in the adventure also has the same issue. One is (Insight) and the other is Insight.

FilippoC
September 8th, 2019, 20:05
In Ghosts of Saltmarsh, 1.06 Commerce, the formatting of the "Mining" section is wrong.

EDIT: same formatting error in 1.10.03 "Research"

Paperclipkiller
September 8th, 2019, 20:32
Waterdeep Dragon Heist

Staff of Power doubles as a +2 Quarterstaff. It doesn't have the Weapon type listed in it's description or the bonuses to attack/damage.

Blackstaff item also doubles as a Staff of Power and is missing the Weapon type as well as attack/damage. I tested both by bringing it to a PC and can confirm no weapon properties.

Dagger, +1 is missing its weapon properties.

Mace of Disruption is missing its weapon properties.

Tomb of Annihilation:

Staff of the Forgotten One is a +3 Quarterstaff. It doesn't have any weapon properties listed, as well as the additional 3d6 necrotic it does on a hit.

The weapon Bookmark doesn't have its +3 bonus to attack/damage.

Storm Kings Thunder:

In the "Storm Kings Thunder Magic Items" section under Items, the following Treasure is found there instead of in the Treasure section: Battered Hat, Book, Small Chest.

A few Spell scrolls are missing. They can be found in "Small Wooden Coffer" but the scrolls aren't listed. They are Scrolls of Tongues, Dispel Magic, Fly, Magic Weapon and Water Breathing.

Silvered Dart in magic items needs the damage type "piercing,silver" so it can get around resistance to non-silvered weapons.

The item "Large Chest" says "ful" instead of "full" in its description.

Rise of Tiamat:

Dragontooth Dagger doesn't have it's 1d6 acid damage included in it's damage. Granted it would make it "acid,magic" when added to the PC, that doesn't change anything damage wise even if the NPC is resistant/immune.

Zacchaeus
September 8th, 2019, 22:14
All noted

BrettM
September 11th, 2019, 02:48
In Tomb of Annihilation I just noticed Chapter 5, Level 4, Area 57 the text is duplicated so the entry repeats itself twice. Spoilers in the following image...

Zacchaeus
September 11th, 2019, 09:50
In Tomb of Annihilation I just noticed Chapter 5, Level 4, Area 57 the text is duplicated so the entry repeats itself twice. Spoilers in the following image...

Noted, thanks.

ssides
September 13th, 2019, 11:29
Hi Z

I noticed something that I think is an issue in Icespire Peak.
When I click a Rulebook link when the Rulebook is not open, instead of popping the dialog box allowing me to open it on the fly, I just get an error message in the chat.

SLS

ssides
September 13th, 2019, 11:44
In the Essentials Kit Rulebook, the Warriors Beyond 1st Level table has an erroneous extra row that contains the end of the text that should be on the 4th level row.

SLS

Zacchaeus
September 13th, 2019, 14:38
Hi Z

I noticed something that I think is an issue in Icespire Peak.
When I click a Rulebook link when the Rulebook is not open, instead of popping the dialog box allowing me to open it on the fly, I just get an error message in the chat.

SLS

That's correct. The links are not specifically linked to the Essentials rulebook but rather they are anonymous. Which means that FG will look for any rulebook (PHB; SRD;Basic Rules: Essentials; Stranger Things) which is open and has the correct page. This is so that the DM doesn't need to have a number of rulebooks open when only one (usually the PHB) will do.

Zacchaeus
September 13th, 2019, 14:39
In the Essentials Kit Rulebook, the Warriors Beyond 1st Level table has an erroneous extra row that contains the end of the text that should be on the 4th level row.

SLS

Yep; I think I know about that one. Thanks for reporting though.

FirstFrost
September 17th, 2019, 04:30
Looks like there is a typo for the Spell Title of new Unearthed Arcana spell content added with the September 10th updates.

It is listed as "Mind Silver", when I believe the enchantment cantrip spell name should be "Mind Sliver".

This cantrip is found in two Groups in the Spells lists, 'D&D 5E Unearthed Arcana Players', and 'D&D Unearthed Arcana DM'.

Zacchaeus
September 17th, 2019, 09:09
It should indeed be Mind Sliver - Noted for correction

Eru the One
September 17th, 2019, 16:08
DiA Reference Manual has two Appendix F, my guess is the infernal script was messing with your eyes :)

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=29030&d=1568732807

Zacchaeus
September 17th, 2019, 16:15
No, it is meant to have two Appendix F's :)

Noted for sorting.

Paperclipkiller
September 17th, 2019, 23:41
Descent into Avernus

Blade of Avernus typo: says "sui- cidal" instead of "suicidal" in the text under "Ruler of Avernus"

Zacchaeus
September 17th, 2019, 23:51
Descent into Avernus

Blade of Avernus typo: says "sui- cidal" instead of "suicidal" in the text under "Ruler of Avernus"
I thought i’d caught all of those. Apparently not.

Paperclipkiller
September 18th, 2019, 00:28
Descent into Avernus

In the Weapons Table and anywhere it appears (I don't quite know where that is, still reading through) the Silvered Dagger needs the "silvered" property for bypassing the proper resistances.

Lulu (C): This monster has a typo in their Innate Spellcasting. Under 1/day, the teleport spell has an "/rNote:" etc etc at the end of it. I would presume this should be a line break after teleport so that the spell is correctly added in the combat tracker.

In "05.01 Redeeming Zariel", there should probably be a link to "05.02 Zariel's Redemption" and "05.03 Zariel's Wrath" at the end of it. This helps if they are following the chain from "05.17.03" that links to "05.01".

Ckorik
September 18th, 2019, 06:04
Ghosts over Saltmarsh - 4.07.03 3 - encounter - the giant spider has no name in the encounter. The spider is also not placed on the map when added to the combat tracker.