PDA

View Full Version : SFS #1-30: Survivor's Salvation Sun May 12th @ 1.30 PM GMT

stephan_
May 8th, 2019, 19:22
Tier 1-4 (unfortunately not enough players for a tier 5-8 this week), subtier will depend on the players.

There are very minor spoilers for #1-99 but they can easily be skipped if necessary.

Please schedule around 4 1/2 hours for the game, just to be on the safe side.

Note that the game starts half an hour later than usual.

(Also remember that it's Mother's Day, so plan accordingly.)

About the scenario:

A Starfinder Society Scenario designed for levels 1-4.

When a recently returned Exo-Guardian goes missing from their regular meetings at a survivor's clinic, the PCs get called in to assist. What begins as a routine investigation quickly leads into the depths of Absalom Station, where the PCs learn that there's much more than criminals to be afraid of.

Content in Survivor's Salvation also contributes to the ongoing goals of the Exo-Guardians faction.

Written by Kiel Howell

Scenario Tags: Faction (Exo-Guardians)

Technical details:

We will use Fantasy Grounds (I have an Ultimate license) and Teamspeak.

Steps before the game:

Make sure to both apply here as well as in the game calendar (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=3479), stating which character you'd like to play.

If you apply, make sure you send me your previous chronicle sheet of the character you want to apply this chronicle to (if you already have any chronicle sheet) either here or on Discord (Fantasy Grounds channel). If it is your first SFS game, I'll at least need your Paizo Organized Play # and your faction.

If you haven't already, also make sure to either build the character on FG yourself (and send it to me) or log in early enough so you can do so on game day.

Make sure you have updated Fantasy Grounds.

FG alias and Teamspeak server can be found under GM annnouncements in the game calendar.

Other notes:

Also make sure to track your purchases on the Inventory Tracking Sheet.

Be sure to apply on time (if you can make it) as the last games were rather full.

In your own interest, make sure the party is somewhat balanced level-wise.

Some boilerplate clarifications:

Please apply on the FG forums on both the game calendar as well as in the game thread (if multiple household members are playing, one person per household is sufficient). First, it's easier to tell how many spots are already filled that way. Second, the other players (as well as the GM) know what level and class to expect from your character (if you don't know yet, simply state TBD). Third, you'll get notified about any updates if you post in the game thread (at least about the first one). Fourth, it allows the GM to determine who applied first should it become relevant. Some exceptions might apply.

Also, please be sure to check the thread for new messages occasionally. You don't have to check each and every day or every few hours but please make sure to reply to any posts that do concern you in time. Should you remain unresponsive, I'll give the spot to a player that applied after you (as I won't know whether you are still interested in participating or not). Exceptions might apply, e.g. if you state beforehand that you won't be able to respond due to traveling.

If you apply but don't show up or drop out during the game without notice, in future games I might also give preference to other players who have a better track record of showing up. I am aware though that life and technical problems can always happen, so don't worry if you have a valid reason though.

These rules are not in place to prevent players from playing but in fact to enable players willing to play to actually do so. It's frustrating if I have to turn down players if it turns out they would in fact have been able to play.

JackTheRedCreeper
May 8th, 2019, 19:37
DJ Hero wiiill join.

I wonder how many times will I get to say that before he eventually dies a 'orrible death

FuzzyBunny
May 9th, 2019, 01:26
Really enjoyed that last mission. If you hold a camp some where near 7pm your time (12pm mine) please let me know.

chrisnhurd
May 10th, 2019, 04:17
Prentis and LaserCat will be there. And I promise to call Mom as soon as the game is finished.

stephan_
May 10th, 2019, 10:13
Thanks. :)

Currently however it looks like there won't be enough players. If there are still not enough players on the day before the game (presumably because a lot of players are dutifully doing visits), I'll likely have to cancel the game this week (but will of course try again next week).

Stadlerc
May 10th, 2019, 14:25
I’m in.. though a noob on SFS/PFS. Will generate a character before game at 1st. Any recommendations to fill roll gaps?

stephan_
May 10th, 2019, 20:57
Sure. :) Just a warning: Due to familiy obligations I'm not entirely sure when I can have the server up on SUN. It should be at last one hour prior but it's still difficult to predict. I can have the server up tomorrow though if you want.

In case you haven't seen it yet: More information on SFS here (https://paizo.com/products/btpy9vlp?Starfinder-Society-Roleplaying-Guild-Guide).

I wouldn't necessarily recommend a class another players is already playing but in general, SFS is forgiving in regards to party composition. Be aware that spellcasters and Solarian might be more difficult to handle.

Stadlerc
May 10th, 2019, 21:01
I actually an preparing to run Starfinder for my group and can build the character on my ultimate license. Just no real society exp except the guide you linked. I’ll also see if I can muster another if you want..(school teacher so he gets up early anyway)

duhwoo
May 10th, 2019, 21:01
I'll set my alarm for 6am mountain time -- should be online just after 7am mountain time...

(for those with the 'scratch-and-sniff' upgrade to Fantasy Grounds, be advised: I *will* have morning breath!)

my only SFS character, Otto Mayshun, made 5th level just two weeks ago (only played at local conventions, where opportunities have been sporadic over the last two years)...I assume Otto cannot play, and I need to make a -702...what does the party need?

stephan_
May 10th, 2019, 21:22
Basically four important points for Organized Play:

1. Character creation is restricted (Core Rulebook should mostly be fine however), see p 21 f SFS Guide for details

2. There is less leeway for players and GMs in general.

3. You'll need a paizo Organized Play ID (https://paizo.com/organizedplay/myAccount).

4. You'll need to decide on a faction (p 23 ff SFS Guide).

For this specific weekend I could try to determine whether players also would be available a little bit later than usual, so at a later starting time.

my only SFS character, Otto Mayshun, made 5th level just two weeks ago (only played at local conventions, where opportunities have been sporadic over the last two years)...I assume Otto cannot play, and I need to make a -702...what does the party need?

Yes, unfortunately he would be just outside of the tier (1-4).

Stadlerc
May 11th, 2019, 02:07
Basically four important points for Organized Play:

1. Character creation is restricted (Core Rulebook should mostly be fine however), see p 21 f SFS Guide for details

2. There is less leeway for players and GMs in general.

3. You'll need a paizo Organized Play ID (https://paizo.com/organizedplay/myAccount).

4. You'll need to decide on a faction (p 23 ff SFS Guide).

For this specific weekend I could try to determine whether players also would be available a little bit later than usual, so at a later starting time.

Yes, unfortunately he would be just outside of the tier (1-4).

So no use of additional books as outlined on the SFS site? https://paizo.com/starfindersociety/additional

stephan_
May 11th, 2019, 09:07
You can use additional books if 1. you (legally) own them as a physical product or pdf and 2. they are allowed as stated in the link you posted.

Basically the CRB has no restrictions (outside of the character creation guidelines as stated in the SFS Guide), with any other books you'll have to check the additional ressources.

@everyone: I spoke with the other players, we can also start 2 hours later (3.30 PM GMT) if that is more convenient for you. Please let me know, which start time (1.30 PM GMT or 3.30 PM GMT) you prefer.

Stadlerc
May 11th, 2019, 15:02
How would you like me to demonstrate I have all references for my Character? Will it be good enough this time that I used my personal ultimate license to build the character(and therefore have PDFs for all modules)?

I’m good with any time btw. I have created a completely stereotypical Vesk soldier.

stephan_
May 11th, 2019, 15:16
Usually GMs (including myself) will rarely ask to audit proof of ownership (see e.g. here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?49199-Just-some-questions-regarding-the-society) for a discussion on the topic). It is of course possible that it can happen but we'll inspect that bridge for structural weeknesses when we'll come to it.

Anyone else have any preferences on the starting times?

Bresnod
May 11th, 2019, 21:15
I would like to join your game tomorrow.

stephan_
May 11th, 2019, 23:36
Alright.

@everyone: As there were no preferences for a later date, we'll stick to 1.30 PM GMT. I'll try to have the server up 30-60 minutes before the game but I can't be sure when exactly I'll get home.

duhwoo
May 12th, 2019, 01:44
character sheet for Tara Watts is posted for review at:

https://valhallas.com/TaraWatts.pdf

I've built her in Fantasy Grounds, ready for upload tomorrow morning...

stephan_
May 12th, 2019, 07:48
Looks good at first glance - and reminds me for no reason whatsoever of a certain character.

Take 20: Depending on your GM (rules are not entirely clear), you might need a certain amount of time to access the data module (even with easy access) and/or higher priced data modules.

Whether you can Treat Deadly Wounds without a medkit is also subject to interpretation. (https://rpg.stackexchange.com/questions/107456/does-medical-expert-still-require-the-use-of-a-medical-kit/107630)

In any case, I would recommend this very handy cheat sheet on medicine. (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ZoFk-0RX77C1dMlOkTrs7cLw30uUpEC2kuFut7So9Y8/edit#)

stephan_
May 12th, 2019, 13:36
The server is up.

stephan_
May 12th, 2019, 21:59
Chronicle drafts sent.

Regarding data modules: If you have the Pact Worlds book, it might be simpler to get Library Chips instead as the rules on them are clearer. They also count as a downloaded dataset which means you can take 20 if you take 2 minutes. Please use them in moderation though. :)

Data modules seem to cover only very narrow topics, especially at the lower price ranges (see the examples mentioned in the CRB).

jakemtl
May 13th, 2019, 22:34
Golan, second level Op presents himself for duty in freshly ironed attire with a smart, neat and cropped haircut. He hopes that his lack of extra appendages, lack of non-organic or organic upgrades, and general clean lifestyle and pure living, will contribute the general progress of this party in acheiving their goals (or at least not hinder them). He is open to sporadic and unannounced drug tests and will voluntarily provide urine samples upon request. He will also always volunteer to point out when those in the upper chain of command are wrong procedurally and/or morally, but you can count on him to follow directions (after a fashion) nevertheless. He is proud of the fact that most people have encountered others whom they would judge to be more annoying than himself. He has few friends, but does not even seem to be aware of how few. "There are others who have been found to be more objectionable than he who rests here" will probably be used as the epitaph on his gravestone, and would be one of the nicer things poeple will say about him.

stephan_
May 13th, 2019, 23:19
Venture Captain Arvin sees you standing alone in a hallway: "It seems like the others already left. Come back shortly however and we may have a mission for you again."

jakemtl
May 13th, 2019, 23:50
Venture Captain Arvin sees you standing alone in a hallway: "It seems like the others already left. Come back shortly however and we may have a mission for you again."

Golan looks at his data pad, blinks once or twice and exclaims, "Oh those guys, playing jokes on me again by slipping me a mickey at the club causing me to sleep for 48 hours straight and miss the mission. Classic friends of mime! This has been done to me before, so fool me twice means shame on me!"

stephan_
May 15th, 2019, 18:54
New high level scenario posted in the forums.

If you haven't already sent me your Organized Play # and other information I requested, please do so soon so I can send the filled-out chronicle and report the game.