PDA

View Full Version : LFP - Lost Mine of Phandelver

Achernar22
May 8th, 2019, 06:29
FG License: Ultimate with soon to be BETA Unity (long time DM, new to FG)
Game System: D&D 5e

Time Zone: EST
Day of week and time: Fridays starting between 8 and 9 pm EST
Planned start date: May 17th for character production, possibly beginning May 17th if all are ready
Planned Duration & Frequency: approximately 3 hour sessions (3 out of 4 weeks per month)
Term: Long term (beginning with Lost Mine of Phandelver followed by Hunt for the Thessalhydra (short)
Text or Voice: voice
Voice software used: discord
Will this be recorded and/or live streamed? no
ages 18 and up

Roleplay 40%, Combat 40%, & Strategy/Problem Solving 20%
Number of Players in game & needed: between 4 to 6
Character starting level & equipment: 1st level (starting with standard ability values 15, 14, 13, 12, 10, 8), standard equipment
Character restrictions: races, classes, backgrounds available from Players Handbook, Xandelver's Guide, Sword Coast, Mordenkainen's Tom, Xolo's Guide

Details of your scenario: Forgotten Realms. Fun is the goal. You will have a reliable DM that will not disappear after a few sessions. No pressure to speak in character but roleplaying is encouraged. Reliability and good communication is a must. Quests carried through character backstories. I have DM'd since the basic set but newer to FG. I let the game govern what happens by the rolls and by the actions of the players. The world is yours.

Link to Game Calendar page: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=3480

Please complete following information and send to me in a private message.

Character Name:
1st choice for preferred race, class, background:
2nd choice for preferred race, class, background:
Experience on Fantasy Grounds (years/months):
Experience with D&D 5e (newbies are welcome):
Gaming philosophy (What makes you happy when playing D&D? What do you ask of your DM? What do you ask of other players?):

(information will not be shared)
Real First Name:
FG Subscription:
Any other information you would like to add about yourself:

PoohPuss
May 8th, 2019, 19:35
Request withdrawn. Good luck with your campaign :)

Achernar22
May 9th, 2019, 22:51
Not sure why but the campaign is not appearing on the game calendar on friday May 17th. I have 'accept players' checked. The 'started' and 'private' boxes are not checked. Will it not appear until I have accepted players? Thanks!

FuzzyBunny
May 10th, 2019, 02:01
how long do the sessions run? I ask because I work graveyards at 10 (have to leave by 9"30 pm MST) you start time is = to 6-7 pm for me.

LeJohn

Achernar22
May 10th, 2019, 02:38
3 to 4 hours

Achernar22
May 10th, 2019, 21:19
No problem PoohPuss. And thank you for responding. Good luck to you as well. :)

Zomnivore
May 10th, 2019, 23:31
Hello, I posted on the calander formatting and sending you a PM now.

MyTeeFunny
May 11th, 2019, 00:23
I'm interested and will commit to playing as a steadfast player. A couple of caveats however.

(1) I've only played a short time, and 5e at that, about 7-8 sessions using P&P at local game shop.

(2) Willing to learn and contribute towards fun for all.

(3) Friday is great, but I'm UTC-7 (with Daylight Savings, then in November it goes -8), and I don't get home until about 5:15 to 5:30 PM my time (yours, 8 PM), which means I'll usually be 15-30 minutes late...

(4) Also have Ultimate (and will get Unity Beta as well when released), but like you, new to FG.

I'll PM you with requested info asap, nlt than this weekend.

Your Thoughts?

Achernar22
May 12th, 2019, 17:56
No problem KrissKrass. Usually takes a few minutes to get everyone on and get started anyway. Send me your info when you can. Thanks!

MithosRiot
May 15th, 2019, 01:33
are you still looking for players?

MithosRiot
May 15th, 2019, 02:17
are you still looking for players?

MyTeeFunny
May 16th, 2019, 14:34
It has been awfully quite... Is the game still on for this Friday Night? I signed up but haven't heard a word...

Achernar22
May 16th, 2019, 17:43
Still confirming today....depending on the next few hours.

MyTeeFunny
May 16th, 2019, 19:38
Still confirming today....depending on the next few hours.

Cool. Hope it's a GO. Is there (or will there be) early access to the hosted FG campaign to setup our Characters? Or we start from scratch and build them out together for Session 1 (aka 0)?

Zomnivore
May 16th, 2019, 22:42
Could you go on the calander to accept invites? I assume I didn't make the cut, but I dunno I haven't heard back.

Achernar22
May 17th, 2019, 05:02
The adventuring party has been confirmed. Thank you for submitting information. If things change I will send you a request in pm. So many great players in this forum (and incredible backstories) that I wish we could take everyone.

Tacobandit
May 17th, 2019, 22:01
Character Name:
1st choice for preferred race, class, background: halfling rouge
2nd choice for preferred race, class, background: halfling warlock
Experience on Fantasy Grounds (years/months): 0 but i have a lot of experience on roll20 wanted to test before investing into fantasy grounds
Experience with D&D 5e (newbies are welcome):roll20 i DM for 5e
Gaming philosophy (What makes you happy when playing D&D? What do you ask of your DM? What do you ask of other players?):immersion,story telling and fun'

i have another player who wants to play with me he can fill any roll needed by the group and has experience in fantasy grounds he is wanting me to switch to this over roll20

doc ketamine
May 17th, 2019, 23:58
If you open up or need backups, please let us know - I'm interested.

FG License: Standard
Time Zone: US Eastern (currently Daylight Savings)
Available: Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Sunday (occasional Saturday)
Time: after 5pm my time during the week, any time on weekends
English only
Voice: Yes
Game Systems Preferred: 5e, Shadowrun, AL
Experience: 30+ years of playing, but took a big break from 3.5 to 5e. Looking for 50/50 combat/RP, but flexible.

Valkerin
May 27th, 2019, 16:40
The adventuring party has been confirmed. Thank you for submitting information. If things change I will send you a request in pm. So many great players in this forum (and incredible backstories) that I wish we could take everyone.

Hey.....I believe you are looking for another player to join your campaign The lost mines of Phandelver. I am interested in joining and was refered by Assassinabby15 / Jory Gardener.