PDA

View Full Version : looking for homebrew Artificer Module

cavalieredraghi
May 5th, 2019, 01:15
I have been searching for a Module of Kibble's Tasty Artificer Revised 5e. He has the PDF (https://drive.google.com/file/d/10cV2sROxBUsLixYqnqKPtuDnNGmQ6lVQ/view)free out there for anyone to use, and I was hoping someone has a module of it. I can't find one with all my google-fu and everything. Any help will be appreciated.

Zacchaeus
May 5th, 2019, 10:04
Hi and welcome to the forums.

Distribution of such a module would not be allowed without the creator's permission. However it's easy enough to create your own class in FG https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?37112-New-Class-Creation-Video

cavalieredraghi
May 5th, 2019, 19:49
Thank you Zacchaeus, I have made the class, and reached out to the owner of the class. He has given me permission to distribute the module freely. May I link it here or where best would it be to share it? I am quite new here.

Zacchaeus
May 5th, 2019, 22:02
Thank you Zacchaeus, I have made the class, and reached out to the owner of the class. He has given me permission to distribute the module freely. May I link it here or where best would it be to share it? I am quite new here.

You can share it here. Just create a new post and attach the . mod file. Make sure you add a story entry citing the author of the class and noting that permission has been given to distribute. Also make absolutely sure that no part of it is taken from anything like the Player's Handbook or any other officially released material.

Talyn
May 6th, 2019, 00:39
...make absolutely sure that no part of it is taken from anything like the Player's Handbook or any other officially released material.

That's the important part! SmiteWorks takes their licenses and the legal voodoo surrounding them very seriously, and the forum mods will jump on anything that is not OGL/SRD-compliant. I'd offered to adapt a class for one of the YouTubers a couple years ago but turns out some of the stuff was not OGL-compliant and the guy refused to do anything about it.

LordEntrails
May 6th, 2019, 00:42
The easiest thing to do is to copy the class from the SRD, and then make changes there. As long as the changes are not copying something from another source (like PHB, Volo's etc) then all you have to do is include the OGL in your module.

If, the class includes stuff from the PHB, Volos etc, then instead of posting it here, you can post it on the DMsGuild as the license you have posting there is more generous in some ways than the OGL is.

If you need help or clarification, just ask :)

cavalieredraghi
August 6th, 2019, 13:11
I have one concern before I post the module of the class, do things like Extra Attack and the like that can be found across multiple classes count as Copyright Material? I mean they do not rely on any SRD Modules and are written from what the Homebrew Creator states which is similar to the actual SRD for said features. That is my true major concern before I post the module. Aside from that, I think it is ready.

Addendum I also need to update it slightly with the newest updates the homebrew creator made changes too.

Trenloe
August 6th, 2019, 15:40
I have one concern before I post the module of the class, do things like Extra Attack and the like that can be found across multiple classes count as Copyright Material? I mean they do not rely on any SRD Modules and are written from what the Homebrew Creator states which is similar to the actual SRD for said features. That is my true major concern before I post the module. Aside from that, I think it is ready.
Is it in the SRD? Maybe page 259: https://media.wizards.com/2016/downloads/DND/SRD-OGL_V5.1.pdf If that covers it, then include the OGL in your module.

cavalieredraghi
August 8th, 2019, 16:01
I will do that then and make the edits hopefully sometime this weekend. I do then just link the creation here?

Trenloe
August 8th, 2019, 16:05
I do then just link the creation here?
Yep.

Androfiel
August 11th, 2019, 07:26
Hi ! I'm really looking forward this module for FG. I was about to try to create it by myself, but since I'm not really good at those things, I'm glad you did it :)

cavalieredraghi
August 15th, 2019, 02:11
I have artificer V1.6 right here, I am working on V1.7 which has some significant changes to it, and will have that out soon.

Androfiel
August 15th, 2019, 08:48
Thank you very much !

In case you want to check it out, Kibble recently released 2.0.1, bringing some changes too : https://www.gmbinder.com/share/-LAEn6ZdC6lYUKhQ67Qk

cavalieredraghi
August 15th, 2019, 14:19
He has a 2.0! okay, I will work on this instead of 1.7.

cavalieredraghi
August 16th, 2019, 03:00
To those who have been helping me, I updated and have finished changing the class, but now when I try and export it, it is not exporting the class or anything that was previously in the first Module. How can I fix this?

LordEntrails
August 16th, 2019, 04:15
You need to be exporting from the campaign used to create the original class.

If you don't have that campaign, then you need to copy the class before you make changes to it, otherwise your export will only include the changes you made, not the original content.

Or do you have a different situation?

cavalieredraghi
August 16th, 2019, 12:04
Export a campaign? Do you mean I need to export everything?

Zacchaeus
August 16th, 2019, 13:07
Export a campaign? Do you mean I need to export everything?

No, you only need to export the class. What LE is saying you need to do your amendments in the campaign you created the class in originally.

cavalieredraghi
August 17th, 2019, 04:21
That makes sense thank you Zacchaeus. I have finished Artificer V2, and I noticed some errors in the elimination of IP in my last file, so they are now gone in this current one. To be on the safe side for protection of IP I removed the old file.