PDA

View Full Version : LFG - 1 Newbie Player - Fri Night/ Weekends - GMT +10 - 5e

Cerunos
May 4th, 2019, 04:18
FG License: Demo, will upgrade just need to ensure I find the right home(s) first
Time Zone: GMT +10 (Gold Coast, Australia)
Day(s) of week, frequency, and time: Fri night after 7, Afternoon Sat or Sun (weekly or fortnightly). Can also do early mornings if it is the right fit as that can often be US arvo/night and I would hate to give up an opportunity due to the suns position
Term: Long term
Voice: Yes, willing to use whatever party requires

Game System Preferred: 5e
Game System Experience: played a few hours so still very much a newbie
Fantasy Grounds Experience: I just downloaded it, so extremely new

Character Type Preferred: I'm a fan of the character who runs towards danger, I prefer being height challenged, tubby (beer is to blame really) and bearded.

About me: I played AD&D (amongst a lot of other games) in my youth for a good 10+ years, it has been 20 years since I had a game (outside of a one off with friends a few years ago). I love my MMO's but bored of the grind without a real purpose and miss the relaxed atmosphere of table top versions.
I am not great with voice acting, like at all, I do stay in character though. Dice hate me, if I needed a 5 to not spontaneously implode and you handed me a 4 sided dice, it would land on the edge where the 1 and the 4 is and remain perfectly balanced.

In terms of Combat/Problem Solving/Role-Playing - I would expect balance is the key for long term so (40/30/30)

Teknykk
May 4th, 2019, 05:50
I'm currently trying to get a game up and running, but it's also a bit of a world building project as well. It may not be for you, but I am aiming to try and get as many Oceanic players in it as I can find, up to the limit, so you're welcome to look at my post about it, as linked here. I have the Ultimate license, so you can join even as a free player, and remain so for long as you want. That said, it is more than a typical just drop in and play game, and is meant to be much more fulfilling than that, so it's up to you. Some details, including day and time might not be entirely set in stone, but are what I've listed as the current thought at the moment.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?49103-LFP-Need-2-for-World-Building-Homebrew-Campaign

Cerunos
May 4th, 2019, 08:06
Hi Teknykk,

Appreciate the response and the link to review.

Looks very interesting but is out of my depth.

Teknykk
May 4th, 2019, 08:09
In what way, if I may ask?

Cerunos
May 4th, 2019, 08:22
Sure, always feel free to ask.

Mainly from a design and input perspective, I do not have the scope or current desire to go the extra mile to create something with a background and depth that you are looking to create. It is just not something I am looking for.

My main goal is learning FG along with 5e, it is a basic approach I know but it is where I am at right now.

Teknykk
May 4th, 2019, 08:24
Fair enough. Though I'm sure the world we're working on would have a place for an entire nation of height challenged, tubby, beer drinking, and bearded (regardless of gender) crazies whose first response to a threat is to charge at it. If you change your mind and find some interest in future, that is.

Cerunos
May 4th, 2019, 08:31
Thanks for the consideration, and good luck with it, seems tough to find peeps in our time zone or I just have to keep digging.

Teknykk
May 4th, 2019, 08:34
The Oceanic community has somewhat diminished since I started here, and even then it was hard to find people. It seems a lot have moved to other platforms for online play, or just don't spend enough time here to get noticed.

That said, my current project may not end up being the only thing I run. I have always had a soft spot for some adventures, like Curse of Strahd, and may in fact run it on an off night or day. That's a well contained pre-made adventure with very little issues in design, but it's gothic horror and widely subject to preference per player.

Cerunos
May 4th, 2019, 08:49
That sounds like something I could get into so if it does go ahead even if it is only a side project for you.

Teknykk
May 4th, 2019, 09:02
I could likely do it on a Friday from 8 PM GMT+10 at the earliest, or on a weekend during the day. That said, finding other players with a similar interest will be the main hurdle. Right now though, I have other things to get done and manage, but if anyone can be found to fill up to four PCs during this, I'd be prepared to run it. As for when precisely, that'll depend on when we get those players and have everyone setup to get into it. It's not an overly difficult adventure to run, but as I said, it is gothic horror, which isn't everyone's cup of tea. It also comes with an inherit concept of death around the corner, which is often found in rather deadly encounters. It's not your typical 'let's kill everything' adventure. Running might be a bit of a trend, or at least a consideration.