PDA

View Full Version : LFP need 4 players week nights 7PM EST Pathfinder 2 Rise of the Runelord

shadowcat34
May 2nd, 2019, 21:06
FG License: GM has Ultimate license so players need demo (free) FG
Game system: Pathfinder playtest (pathfinder 2.0) to be upgraded to official version in August
Time Zone: Eastern (GM -4)
Day of the week and time: 2 session between Monday to Thursday (TBD) , starting at 7:00 PM
Planned Duration & Frequency: New game, 4 hour session, 2 x Week, every week, starting around week of 13 or 20 of May
Term: Long term campaign from level 1 to 18.
Text or voice: Voice: Text used in game to whisper to GM
Voice software used: Discord
Will this be recorded and/or live streamed? No
Roleplay & Combat Mix: Varies between sessions. Intense combat but many occasions for roleplaying (RP expected)
Number of Players in game and needed: Have 0 players, need 4 total
Character starting level & equipment: 1st level, standard non-magical adventuring equipment (budget allocated)
Character Restrictions: Only core race and classes described in pathfinder playtest (no goblin race however for this particular campaign as it would not fit in well). Only good aligned character: either Lawful Good or Chaotic Good. Only exception would be for rogue, who can be Neutral Good if they want.

Details of your Campaign: From the idyllically peaceful coastal town of Sandpoint to an ancient lost city at the top of the world, Rise of the Runelords takes a party of adventurers from 1st to over 18th level and delves into the mysteries of Varisia's ancient past. Millennia ago, the powerful empire of Thassilon ruled the land, dominated by despotic runelords who maintained their power through harnessing the power of rune magic. Thought gone forever, the workings of Thassilon are not so far beneath the surface and one of the runelords plans a return to power. Only the brave adventurers stand in his way.

Player Expectation: Everything is included for free As soon as the official rule comes out the GM will buy the official rule that will be available for fantasy grounds and any following supplement published by Paizo that are for the player will be made available. Currently, the GM will also make available the inner sea rulebook (which detail the race, geography, history and religion of Golarion) to be read at leisure online). Using the same principle, the GM will put digital version of campaign setting and player companion book (to be consulted on fantasy ground). This will forever be free to the player.

GM Expectation: as a GM I’m investing a lot of time (converting the campaign to version 2.0 is one example) and a fair amount of money into this hobby. In exchange I expect certain things from my players:
1) I would like to run 2 session from 7:00 PM to 11:00PM to nights a week. Specific days to be determined with the group, and could be changed as needed to accommodate special needs. Because I want to play with a core group (composed usually of a fighter-type, healer-type, caster-type, and rogue-type) even missing 1 player for a session could be disastrous for the party. I would expect my player’s attendance to be perfect, or near perfect barring unforeseen events. If you know you can’t adhere to such a schedule, don’t bother applying.

2) Players with RPG experience needed. You don’t need to be a pathfinder veteran, but you must have at least played Dungeon and Dragon. If you are new to pathfinder, I, or we (other players), can help you make the transition.

3) As mentioned above I’m moving to Pathfinder 2.0 rules. I expect Players to download the pathfinder playtest rules (for free), from Paizo.com and familiarize yourself with your chosen class, review the economy of movement, new spell rules (if you are a caster). Fantasy ground does a good job of creating characters and I will help with question as we move forward. Being new to pathfinder 2.0 myself, I’m still studying the rule to see the change from before here and there. Will there be mistake at First? Sure. Will we get better as we go along? Most certainly. I don’t want players to be overwhelmed by the rule, but I do expect you to learn along the way.

4) Good campaign. Having played many campaign over the years, I noticed this trend where people think they can have their character do terrible things (use poison, torture, pillage, etc). This campaign is made for GOOD character and expect that you will behave as such. I will not railroad you into a direction; in fact I’ve noticed that players are very good at finding ways to do something unexpected. And I will roll with that. Baring the limitation of Fantasy grounds I will let you go and do whatever you want, BUT you have to respect your alignment and the consequence of your action.

5) This is a ROLE PLAYING GAME. So it’s not like wow where you click the NPC, ignore what he says and go kill stuff. There will be opportunities to role play (and it is encouraged). You don’t have to talk in character, but you can if you want. Essentially you don’t have to kill everything in sight, sometimes there are other, more clever option.

6) Mature player required. I’ve GM’d this game in pen and paper for many years, so only adult player need apply.

7) Rule lawyer can move on. It’s ok to seek clarification of a rule as we are learning the details of 2.0, and some rule will change when it becomes official in august, BUT if I say this doesn’t work because it’s immune, or there is some game mechanic I know that is at play…. It doesn’t work. Period.

8) Firearms are not permitted. Crafting magical item is not permitted (house rule). You can craft up to legendary NON-magical item with the proper training, but not magical. Mastercrafted items have a purpose in game.

9) There will not be magical shop to buy magical item. That being said, you might find an NPC that can have SOME magical item for sale/trade or that can craft something special for you, but expect the bulk of your magical items to be found adventuring. I want you to be excited to find item, and not just go to the magic shop to get exactly what you want, or worse, just craft it yourself.
If you read this far, good for you, +1 initiative. If you are interested to be part of a group that will have an amazing experience running this adventure path, give me a sign. This could be the start of a LONG association: I have the entire adventure path series (and it keep growing), and will develop them all for fantasy grounds and I intend to play for years to come. The side library will keep growing too as I translate them for fantasy ground, giving you more material to immerse yourself in the pathfinder world. And it’s all free, as long as you put in the time.

See you soon
GM

QuestionBerry
May 3rd, 2019, 02:46
I would interested in playing. I have experience with Pathfinder but have been wanting to do more with the playtest. (Only ran one session of the playtest) But I have looked over the rules a fair amount and really enjoy the action economy and the changes made.

Let me know what you information you need from me if interested.

OKeil
May 3rd, 2019, 19:40
I'll send to you a PM