PDA

View Full Version : D&D 3.5 Savage Tide Adventure Path Game

Mitchifer
September 11th, 2006, 08:52
Howdy,

I'm looking for four players to start a new campaign based on the Savage Tide Adventure Path now being published in Dungeon magazine. I'm planning on running the game on Saturday afternoons or evenings (I'm PST, although I'm pretty flexible on game time), and either weekly or bi-weekly, depending on how quickly we get through the adventure path; I'll probably end up using a module or two inbetween adventures.
Also,just to let you all know, I don't really intend to run through the whole thing (although that would be nice), but running through the adventures til December is my plan (when I'll be moving again).
I'm a long time player and DM, and this will be my first time using fantasy grounds to DM, but hopefully there won't be too many problems :p .
Other than that, I haven't hammered out any of the other details because I wanted to gauge player interest first. Please post or shoot me a PM if you're interested or have any questions, thank you.

--Mitchifer

Dravidius
September 11th, 2006, 08:54
I am interested but I can only play bi-weekly, I work 12hr shifts. I was off this weekend, i work next weekend and so on and so forth. If it works out great, if not thanks for letting me reply.

Chrystallis
September 11th, 2006, 15:59
I'm interested too, and I sent you a private msg to that effect, but I had one more thing to add to that, the Saturday afternoon/evening time works for me. Yay M-F workweeks. :)

Mitchifer
September 12th, 2006, 01:00
Cool, got a couple already. I went ahead and set up a game on the game calendar, so you can sign up here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=118

Ideally, I would like to have a character creation session this Saturday, so we can go over the character details and additional rules. Also, here's the list of books I was planning on using:

3 Core Rulebooks
PHB II/DMG II/MM II
Stormwrack
Dragon Compendium

Any objections/ideas/suggestions? Go ahead and send them my way. Thanks

Dalagad
September 12th, 2006, 05:41
I'm very interested. Evenings and Weekends are good for me. I'm in CA and on my computer after 5pm Pacific (GMT-8). I don't have Stormwrack but can probably get my hands on a copy.

Mitchifer
September 12th, 2006, 06:49
Don't worry about it if you don't have all the books; all I really require is the PHB (or just using the SRD is fine) and the Savage Tide Player's Guide (which should be coming out as a free pdf on the Paizo website eventually). The books are there for extra character options that I can fill you in on during character creation.

Chrystallis
September 12th, 2006, 08:54
Alright, so I bit and I bought it online, it was only 5 bucks, and I got some other stuff too so the shipping wasn't terrible. I do have access to a scanner and could scan it; however, I can't get it into a pdf format. (Don't have a full version of adobe) but everyone could still have the pages. There are 15 pgs to the book, plus a two page full map of the city. It basically gives a description of each section, important people and places, some regional feats, and some nifty animals for familiars or pets. It's one of the reasons I'm kinda excited about this particular game. I was thinking of DMing it in real life but alas the postal system is taking it's own sweet time delivering my Dungeon mag so I'll settle for being a player instead. :) And I absolutely promise not to read the Savage Tide adventure in the Dungeon mag when it comes. :)

Mitchifer
September 14th, 2006, 01:33
Still looking for a few more players.

Also, I'm planning on having a character creation session this Saturday, so please sign up before then if you can, thanks!

QT Barrister
September 15th, 2006, 21:07
Hello,
I'm interested in joining. My availability is usually late (9:30pm Eastern North American time zone) during weeknights. I'm booked in another campaign on Tuesday nights and weekends are not available.

Let me know when you plan on your character making session (assuming it's Saturday, what time of day (please indicate time zone as well for your time)) and perhaps we can discuss details at that time. Or drop me a private message via this website.

QTB

monkeyjoe
September 15th, 2006, 22:31
I wouldn't mind having a go at it. I'm not sure if I can make it on Saturday since I leave for my weekly live group at around 1:30 est. I don't know anything about Savage Tide but ignorance has never stopped me before

Chrystallis
September 16th, 2006, 07:26
Since Savage Tide is brand new (as far as I know it's not a recreation of anything) and the first bit has only just come out in the current Dungeon, none of us will really know much about it ;)

TenTacos
September 16th, 2006, 07:36
I would also like to play. Saturdays and/or evenings work for me I am in pst time zone gmt -8 also

thefallen
September 16th, 2006, 14:17
I would like to play as well, but it looks like you might already have a full group, so let me know.

Chrystallis
December 17th, 2006, 07:36
For those already in this game, you know that our fair DM Mitchifier has had to pass the torch. He has passed it on to me tonight, rather suddenly due to issues with silly hotel firewalls and such.

In order to allow me to add new players to the roster, I have opened a new game in the calendar titled "D&D 3.5 - Savage Tide Adventure Path *Under New Management*".

For all my "former" comrades, I kindly request that you do the whole join up thing to this new game listing, just so that we can keep everything together.

To potential new players, I have to admit that I am new to DMing with the FG software and during the torch pass this evening I faced various problems getting things so that players could connect to me; however, I have spent alot of time reading and what not this evening and believe all those issues are resolved now and our next game should proceed smoothly as far as connecting goes. As for my familiarity with the abilities of the DM with the software, I beg you to forgive any little mishaps as I'm sure that after a few games I should have most of it well under control. :)

If you are interested in playing, we need at least one new player to fill in the space that I have left.

Important bits:
Game start time is Saturday evenings @ 9:30 pm CST (GMT -6 I believe) (this may change depending on opinions from the current roster of players).
This is a gestalt game.
Be sure to select the game title with the *Under New Management* tag :)

neceros
December 19th, 2006, 03:34
I'm interested in joining if you're collecting players still.

I'm available Saturdays, in Pacific Timezone. Please PM me, or respond to me to let me know :)

I'm available to play any character, but I love healers. Are there any classes, books, or sources you are not allowing, or are allowing specifically? Psions?

Thanks.

Chrystallis
December 20th, 2006, 07:18
neceros, I have added you on the game calendar. There is an annoucement regarding what books etc. Are you at all familiar with gestalt characters and the current adventure path in dragon/dungeon?

neceros
December 20th, 2006, 08:08
Sorry, I know nothing of adventures: I've never used them. I usually run my own campaigns and ideas. I'm interested in seeing how it works out.

I've played a gestalt game before, so it's not new :)

Thanks for adding me.

Chrystallis
December 20th, 2006, 17:43
Having knowledge of the adventure itself isn't really necessary - I was just curious. :D Having knowledge of gestalt characters though makes things a whole lot easier :)

Blue Haven
December 25th, 2006, 01:39
Hi There :)
i have all the books that you said and my time is GMT+0 did you think that i can play with you guys??

Blue Haven
December 30th, 2006, 21:11
How do i connect with you?? there is no information about the alias of the server or password...

SmokeDawg420
December 30th, 2006, 22:38
Hey, I would like to play some dnd 3.5. I've been looking on this site for about a week or so, and its slow in reply. If you would like a gamer, contact me at [email protected]. I check my mail all the time. More then I do the internet because i have several posts going on with other things. Thanks again. Have a good one.

Chrystallis
December 31st, 2006, 01:35
Blue Haven and Smokedawg you can now connect - or try to.. check the game calandar for rules and such..

Chrystallis
January 22nd, 2007, 01:14
Well we had some interest, but we still need one or two new players. We are following the adventure path in the Dragon/Dungeon magazines and as such there is alot of combat.

Also our current group spans the north american continent so we try to keep game sessions around 4-5 hrs long.

If you are interested, please send me a private message.

Character creation will be done online before a game session. A reminder that the game is gestalt, which means every player is two classes combined. Rules for gestalt can be found in "Unearthed Arcana" or in the various online SRD's.

Blue Haven
January 28th, 2007, 21:59
Are you still playing this campaign?? i want to play with you guys if this is possible ok?
See you around...

Blue Haven
January 30th, 2007, 09:27
So what happened today?? i try to connect and nothing!! you said that you will open the server for us to get the characters and see the background story...did you close it??

hicksms
January 31st, 2007, 01:21
I sent a PM a few days ago to try to play on Monday with you all but got no response. Are you still accepting new players?

Chrystallis
February 3rd, 2007, 20:36
Yes I am still accepting new players. I posted a private appology on the calandar to those who tried to log on last Monday. My appologies again though for your troubles. I will have everything up and running tonight about 1 1/2 hours prior to game time to do what I was supposed to do on Monday.

Chrystallis
February 4th, 2007, 03:44
The usual play time for this game is 9:30 PM Central Standard Time. This is 7:30 Pacific Standard Time and 10:30 Eastern Standard Time) I try to open up FG about an hour prior to game time to help get the "Hi how are yous" out of the way early and to do any house keeping that needs done.

Blue Haven
February 6th, 2007, 04:09
Sorry :( i´m out of the game...i can´t play at that time of the day...Sorry and thanks for the help anyway :)
Bye

Chrystallis
February 11th, 2007, 17:28
This is more a shameless advertisement to bump this thread to the top. I am still looking for a player or two. I had one sign up and do character creation last night, but I'm greedy and want at least one more. Check out the game calendar here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=133