PDA

View Full Version : Archetypes bugs

Euchale
May 1st, 2019, 12:31
I have been creating some archetypes and ran into a couple of bugs. These might only happen if there are already some existing characters:

1. The Token of the archetype and of the characters are linked in the same order.
2. I´m unable to add hinderances/edges to archetypes

Euchale
May 10th, 2019, 16:07
Double post since I´m not sure @Ikael has seen it.

ookete
April 1st, 2020, 22:50
I'd like to add that I'm having the same problem. I'm new at the system, so maybe I'm missing something. But I can't add an Edge or Hindrance to an archetype or a character created from an archetype.

Talyn
April 1st, 2020, 23:14
Could you state which source(s) you're having difficulties with? I just created a character from an archetype from the Lone Killers of the Southwest DLC and I can add Edges, etc. just fine to it.

ookete
April 2nd, 2020, 00:02
Hello Talyn, I'm not sure about the original poster, but mine are archetypes that I have created. And I think I just found an additional factor... on my original archetype I can still add edges and hindrances. But if I make a copy of that archetype (dragging it down to make a copy, for example), I cannot add edges/hindrances. It seems to be a problem with making a copy of an archetype.

Mortar
April 2nd, 2020, 00:35
Did you unlock the copy you made?

ookete
April 2nd, 2020, 00:41
Did you unlock the copy you made?

I don't see any unlocking button or feature for archetypes (see screenshot below. I'm using Weird War II setting). Again, I'm new so I may be missing it. But I do believe it is unlocked because I am able to change attributes, add skills, add inventory, etc, like normal. I'm just not able to add edges and hindrances.

Mortar
April 2nd, 2020, 00:44
Is this on the Classic or Unity client? I'll go take a look.

Mortar
April 2nd, 2020, 01:00
Okay. Next question have you tried switching to Main tab on the side of the character sheet, the tried to drap and drop hindrances and edges there

Mortar
April 2nd, 2020, 01:03

ookete
April 2nd, 2020, 01:08
Unity client. I have only tried dropping in the Main tab, because I thought that was the only way. Is there another way I can try?

ookete
April 2nd, 2020, 01:11
Unity. I have only tried to add them to Main because I thought that was the only way. Is there something else I should try? Here's a screenshot of both archetypes: original and copy.32949

Mortar
April 2nd, 2020, 01:16
Just to check something...delete the word (Copy) and name it Basic Training One to see what happens. I vaguely remember something about special characters causing issues (likely not even the same issue).

ookete
April 2nd, 2020, 01:30
Just to check something...delete the word (Copy) and name it Basic Training One to see what happens. I vaguely remember something about special characters causing issues (likely not even the same issue).

Same problem after the rename. I closed and opened it after the rename and couldn't add.

Mortar
April 2nd, 2020, 01:36
It seems like FGU is a little bit pickier about where it wants the Edges/Hindrances dropped. I could've saved us both some time by saying "click the little brown and white minus sign beside the words Edges and Hindrances" You'll see a little green plus sign, it will add an empty edge there. Drag the Edges you want in, delete the empty one and click the brown edit button again. Do the same thing for your Hindrances.

I was able to get some drag and drop to work, but I need to experiment a bit more to see why I could or couldn't. I think its related to where I was trying to drop it.

ookete
April 2nd, 2020, 01:46
So I actually tried that early on. The good news is that it indeed copied the text there. The bad news is that the link, or "handle", was no longer interactive. I could not click it to expand the descriptions, which makes me wonder if those will actually be applied in combat situations, etc. Do they just become labels at that point?