PDA

View Full Version : Parent looking for late night group

jphiled
April 30th, 2019, 22:55
Hello,

I have been playing D&D 5e for a couple years now off and on and looking for an AL group to play with. If possible I would like to start low-level and I need to play late at night (9pm Pacific) due to parenting needs.

I have a low-level wood-elf Nature cleric I enjoy playing, but happy to play other AL-compliant characters, or adjust exp level.

Thanks!

PITLORD
July 7th, 2019, 01:43
Parent aswell in PST time zone, lets get something started!

James3of3
July 7th, 2019, 03:51
I would like to play and I am on PST as well.

SailorLovins
July 7th, 2019, 05:41
If you guys are interested, I am a DM with more than 20 years of DMing experience who will be starting a very unique 5th edition game the likes of which you may have never tried in dnd. I am well versed with fantasy grounds (i develop 5th edition modules on dmsguild.com). I am a family man and father like you all and run my own business at home. If you are intrested in a canpaign that will litterally take you to the stars. This is not cyberpunk. I would relate it somewhat tp the 2E Spelljammer campaign setting. I currentlty run Thursday nights but I am just about ready to kick off this canpaign with 5 players. Message me on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100010067569617
Or comment here as well. Lets see if we are a fit match for one another. If you have friends that you want to include they get first priority on the game you will be experiencing.

kalmarjan
July 7th, 2019, 06:34
If I remain on the evening shift (I put a bid for the day shift, but it always goes by senority) then I would be up to either playing, or DMing a Night Below campaign. (5e I think...)

PITLORD
July 8th, 2019, 00:22
If I remain on the evening shift (I put a bid for the day shift, but it always goes by senority) then I would be up to either playing, or DMing a Night Below campaign. (5e I think...)

I would be in for a 5e !

friday_freeze
July 8th, 2019, 15:30
I've been searching for a late night group as well due to wanting to play after children's bedtime. I'm EST, so late nights on PST are okay for me. I am available Fri, Sat or Sun nights

I've got standard FG license but haven't played a game with it yet, though i have been to a couple FG college classes. Let me know if something gets started.

PITLORD
July 8th, 2019, 15:41
Looks like we have enough people interested, who can DM? I'm sure I'll be good at it but I need to get more familiar with game flow and rules before I start.

I've been searching for a late night group as well due to wanting to play after children's bedtime. I'm EST, so late nights on PST are okay for me. I am available Fri, Sat or Sun nights

I've got standard FG license but haven't played a game with it yet, though i have been to a couple FG college classes. Let me know if something gets started.

kalmarjan
July 8th, 2019, 16:49
I don't mind GMing, but I will need at least a week to get my stuff together. I am converting the night below...

What age group are we looking at here? Once a week frequency? Or biweekly?

PITLORD
July 8th, 2019, 23:29
Im 34 and would be interested in either weekly or bi .

I don't mind GMing, but I will need at least a week to get my stuff together. I am converting the night below...

What age group are we looking at here? Once a week frequency? Or biweekly?

kalmarjan
July 9th, 2019, 15:07
I'll put in for a tentative yes. Are you all interested in The Night Below?

Starting off as 1st level adventurers: You are approached by a middle-aged, dark-haired, slightly portly wizard who introduces himself as Gordrenn. "Purveyor of magical paraphernalia, material necessities, and related items to many wizards of note," he says rather pompously. Gordrenn has a problem. He has to deliver a chest of material components to the wizard Tauster, who lives in the village of Thurmaster in Haranshire. His usual couriers have just left his service for better pay elsewhere, and Gordrenn is desperate to have the goods delivered. He's desperate enough to employ a bunch of mere 1st-level characters to do the job. "Nothing terribly expensive or important, but Tauster gets very huffy if I'm even a day late," Gordrenn admits.

lordjeb
July 9th, 2019, 17:20
Hey, I'm in Mountain Time, single parent, and depending on the night of the week, would love a late-ish night game to join in.

PITLORD
July 10th, 2019, 01:50
Yes please!!! Story open sounds great!!

[

QUOTE=kalmarjan;443942]I'll put in for a tentative yes. Are you all interested in The Night Below?

Starting off as 1st level adventurers: You are approached by a middle-aged, dark-haired, slightly portly wizard who introduces himself as Gordrenn. "Purveyor of magical paraphernalia, material necessities, and related items to many wizards of note," he says rather pompously. Gordrenn has a problem. He has to deliver a chest of material components to the wizard Tauster, who lives in the village of Thurmaster in Haranshire. His usual couriers have just left his service for better pay elsewhere, and Gordrenn is desperate to have the goods delivered. He's desperate enough to employ a bunch of mere 1st-level characters to do the job. "Nothing terribly expensive or important, but Tauster gets very huffy if I'm even a day late," Gordrenn admits.[/QUOTE]

kalmarjan
July 10th, 2019, 07:14
I may have underestimated the scope of that adventure. LOL

I will need a little bit (like at least a week or two) to wrap my head around FG again, and to transpose my notes, convert them into 5e. Yeahh!

What were you all looking to play?

I would be open to Discord, and I wouldn't mind recording it (or perhaps streaming?)

Tonytaru
July 10th, 2019, 12:24
Any room for another? I would absolutely love a late night campaign on saturday and/or sunday night. Im EST but 9pm PST is perfect for me. Im also a dad and am new but a fast learner. Im willing to fill any role needed with a preference for magic users including clerics/paladins.

kalmarjan
July 11th, 2019, 05:11
So far only a couple have expressed interest. I just noticed that this is posted on an Adventurer's League LFG board... this would not be an Adventurer's League. Shall I start a new thread somewhere else?

Tonytaru
July 11th, 2019, 11:40
Might need to repost or ask Mods to move the thread. Im open to a non AL run also.

Wizard Lee
July 18th, 2019, 13:47
I'm 34, not a parent, but I'd be interesting in joining. I haven't played since 3.5 so I'm looking to get some experience.

kalmarjan
July 22nd, 2019, 05:27
I'm finishing up reading the Module, and holy. I will need a bit of time to get better acquainted with FG again, there is just so much that I need to learn, and it won't be a good experience with me until I do.

I will post a game ad for when the game is ready. I'm sorry, I just can't see me doing very good lol. FG has changed so much since I last sat and used it.

PITLORD
July 22nd, 2019, 15:25
We all appreciate your honesty, anyone else wanna try and run something ? I'm still to new to run anything

I'm finishing up reading the Module, and holy. I will need a bit of time to get better acquainted with FG again, there is just so much that I need to learn, and it won't be a good experience with me until I do.

I will post a game ad for when the game is ready. I'm sorry, I just can't see me doing very good lol. FG has changed so much since I last sat and used it.

Andraax
July 22nd, 2019, 18:47
I can do one or two one-shots (or short adventures, no more than a few sessions each). But not D&D (or AL), I can do Castles and Crusades.

NnjaSlay3r
August 1st, 2019, 16:45
I would love to join any of these games.

Bigheavy
August 6th, 2019, 16:17
I am a single parent as well. Looking to do a night game or i work weekends and it is slow so kinda looking just to kill time while i am at work.

lbezerra
September 29th, 2019, 20:50
Hi guys,
I'm also the father of two kids who won't let me play during the day hahahaha.
So for a long time I gave up going to local store and spend 4 hours playing DnD, but with FG I am willing during the weekday night to play some campaigns.( after 9pm EST)
I'll have to create my character, I hope it's not a problem.
Thanks for the post and hope to play with you!

Andraax
September 30th, 2019, 00:07
OK, I would like to run a one-shot (expect it to take 4-6 sessions). Straight dungeon crawl, the party will be dropped in the forest near the dungeon with their equipment. This is based on one of the modules originally distributed with the 1st edition D&D "basic sets". I will be using the Castles and Crusades ruleset, which is similar to 1st/2nd edition D&D. Looking for 6-8 players, I plan on running Thursday evenings 8-11pm US/Central, starting 10/10 and running weekly until the party dies or they clean out the dungeon. I have a number of pre-gens available, or you can create a custom character ahead of time - schedule some time to do that with me before 10/10. I have an Ultimate license, so players are not required to have a license (in case you want to recruit a friend that doesn't have a license to play as well). PM me to request a slot. First come, first served.

Bucknuts
October 13th, 2019, 12:12
I also have parenting that affects my schedule and would love to get in a group of those who are in the same situation and our schedule matches up. I also live in the EST time zone and would be able to do evenings on my rotating days off in the evenings, or every other weekend. Let me know if anyone has room.