PDA

View Full Version : Questions on how to use ADVANCED EFFECTS in Race reference window

Varsuuk
April 29th, 2019, 04:11
I was looking at the Race UI where you can add Advanced Effects.

For ABILITY section:
What do the settings: Modifier% do as an effect, for example, I typed 50 in value and added him to the CT. I didn't see an effect on the sheet for his str nor when rolled attack or damage saw any noticeable changes?

What does "Base" with a value mean?
What does "Base%" with a value mean?

Is there any place on your posts or videos where you go over the uses for these effects? I understood the "Modifier" one, that seemed clear as did the modifier SAVE effect. Not so sure about "BASE" for that either.

celestian
April 29th, 2019, 04:41
I was looking at the Race UI where you can add Advanced Effects.

For ABILITY section:
What do the settings: Modifier% do as an effect, for example, I typed 50 in value and added him to the CT. I didn't see an effect on the sheet for his str nor when rolled attack or damage saw any noticeable changes?

What does "Base" with a value mean?
What does "Base%" with a value mean?

Is there any place on your posts or videos where you go over the uses for these effects? I understood the "Modifier" one, that seemed clear as did the modifier SAVE effect. Not so sure about "BASE" for that either.

I'm still confused at what you are doing but...

https://i.imgur.com/7LIrmxe.png

Means to modify strength by +1. So if they had 12 strength, with this effect that would have 13. IT's the exact same thing as using a effect string of "STR: 1".

% Modifier does the same thing, but for percentile of the value. You know, 18/100 stuff.

https://i.imgur.com/bb08VN4.png

That would set the strength base to 3. If they had 21 strength, with that effect they would have a strength of 3 (plus/minus any modifiers).

Setting these values just creates the effect string for you. So as you can see in the image, that is "BSTR: 3". For Percentile base it's "BPSTR: #" and also what "Base %" means.

That said, just adding that to the race does nothing. You have to drag/drop that race on a PC then put that PC into the CT.

Varsuuk
April 29th, 2019, 05:34
OK, I get how PCT works now, it is really for when % is used in the class. In mainly vanilla 2E that is for STR.
So if I put in a race, Nilbog with 51% when I drag it to a Warrior with 18/01, it does work as you say (I always did add to CT when testing)
I just didn't understand the %, should have been obvious - but I thought of it as Modifier% as in +-x%

I get Base too now, I forget you don't change the UI value for the STR, it's just used like 5E does as an "effect."
I'm actually not very familiar with the 5E effect strings so it made it less obvious to me.

I get how it is to be used now.

celestian
April 29th, 2019, 05:39
OK, I get how PCT works now, it is really for when % is used in the class. In mainly vanilla 2E that is for STR.
So if I put in a race, Nilbog with 51% when I drag it to a Warrior with 18/01, it does work as you say (I always did add to CT when testing)
I just didn't understand the %, should have been obvious - but I thought of it as Modifier% as in +-x%

I get Base too now, I forget you don't change the UI value for the STR, it's just used like 5E does as an "effect."
I'm actually not very familiar with the 5E effect strings so it made it less obvious to me.

I get how it is to be used now.

Effect strings are kinda confusing. It's why I tried to setup a "menu" system of sorts to try and make it easier for some of it. Having to know all the string values and target names is a lot to expect. I definitely don't remember them all but Zacc probably does ;)