PDA

View Full Version : AD&D 2E Ruleset Tips

celestian
April 25th, 2019, 04:29
So, since there are so many things in FantasyGrounds that you can get lost trying to learn them all and ... well time being limited I thought I'd start a thread and post tips of various things every so often.

First tip, watch the tutorial video I made in January for most of the features on the Character sheet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwWk-bT_pxc&list=PLWGEr1ExG6TSR6EfJSoLJBof8Ktfa1NNp

Second, the 2E ruleset reduces the window explosion by reusing the same window types. For example if you open up a Story record and then open another it will only keep the last one opened. If you want to open more than one (of anything) hold the control-key down while opening the window and you can have multiple versions opened.

Add the AD&D 2E Ruleset Documentation (https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/1454/view) as a module and view it in your campaign/game directly as needed.

celestian
April 28th, 2019, 21:59
Weapon and Non-Weapon Proficiencies can be tracked in the skills tab using these fields.

https://i.imgur.com/1Nj6PzR.png

The first number on the left will be updated as the character levels up, the number under the USED column is manually tracked (player/dm) of points spent.

In the actions tab, Weapons OR Powers you can clone an existing power. This is useful for when you have an offhand attack that uses a similar weapon but has different adjustments... or different ammunition or a special power.

https://i.imgur.com/ljGcTcK.png

Beerbelly
May 5th, 2019, 16:51
is now or will there be a way to PAR2E the way there is for 5E? or will the 5E work.

Also, suggestion for next tip: how to create new spells/monsters/character races, etc. as I have a lot of content from 2E days I want to add in and am having some issues with getting it to work drag/drop (with spells)

celestian
May 7th, 2019, 17:25
is now or will there be a way to PAR2E the way there is for 5E? or will the 5E work.

Also, suggestion for next tip: how to create new spells/monsters/character races, etc. as I have a lot of content from 2E days I want to add in and am having some issues with getting it to work drag/drop (with spells)

Author (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?41833-Project-Author) is what I use to create ref-manuals and content. All of which I do within FG. The Author project thread has a tutorial on it's use.

I do plan to put together a video for DM use of the ruleset but that's going to be a while before I can get to it. I will see if I can put together a few tips here on what I do for content importing as a DM.

celestian
May 9th, 2019, 17:54
Today's tips:

Readycheck, the DM can type /readycheck and press enter and when other players are connected and have selected a character they will be prompted with a "Are you ready?" menu. The DM will see a list of all the players and their response status (green ready, red, not).

NPC Names, in addition to the "Identified" NPC options for "hidden" name types you can also include hidden strings within the name by using "(DM Only Text)" at the end of a NPC name. For example "Earth Elemental (12HD)" or "Orc (Archer)" etc. The players will only see "Earth Elemental" or "Orc". This allows you to have a field to put a small note that only the DM can see in the Combat tracker. The name must be set with this before they are placed into the CT for it to be hidden.

JohnD
May 9th, 2019, 20:02
Today's tips:

Readycheck, the DM can type /readycheck and press enter and when other players are connected and have selected a character they will be prompted with a "Are you ready?" menu. The DM will see a list of all the players and their response status (green ready, red, not).

NPC Names, in addition to the "Identified" NPC options for "hidden" name types you can also include hidden strings within the name by using "(DM Only Text)" at the end of a NPC name. For example "Earth Elemental (12HD)" or "Orc (Archer)" etc. The players will only see "Earth Elemental" or "Orc". This allows you to have a field to put a small note that only the DM can see in the Combat tracker. The name must be set with this before they are placed into the CT for it to be hidden.

You can't see it but I am giving my monitor a big "thumbs up" right now.

celestian
May 10th, 2019, 16:47
The AD&D 2E ruleset's effect system works almost exactly like the 5e ruleset's effects with some added features. Here is one of those.

If you ever need a random number in an effect you can place a dice roll in brackets and when you drag/drop that effect or apply to a n/pc it will roll it at that moment and set the value.

So, if you wanted to apply a random wisdom penalty of 1d6 when a player is struck by a spell use the effect string "WIS: -[1d6]". When the effect is placed on the target it would roll 1d6 and the end result would be an effect on a object something like "WIS: -2"... and in this case the target's wisdom would be reduced 2 points.

Beerbelly
May 10th, 2019, 19:29
Could you make a mod with all these tips in it so people can see them easily while in game?

Also, could you load an empty KIT mod up so I can see what one looks like in game > how the commands are written, etc. I have a few in books I'd like to try and create, but don't have any existing ones to compare it to.

celestian
May 10th, 2019, 22:33
Another difference in the 2E ruleset that some others do not have is the ability to have spell powers scale with the level of the caster (Arcane or Divine). Here is an example of the Fireball spell's damage.

https://i.imgur.com/pBz6kyi.png

CL = Caster level. Caster level can be -, CL, CL/2, CL/3, CL/4 or CL/5. Set to - caster levels will not be used.
MAX = MAX amount of this value, in this case cap out at level 10 for a max of 10d6.
Dice = This dice for each caster level. So if caster is level 3 in this case it would be 3d6.
Value= This static number times the caster level. If set to 2 and caster is level 3 then it would result in 6.
Custom=Some powers also have random values ontop of the level calculations, place those dice here.
Stat=Use ability bonuses also?
Modifier= Apply this modifier to the result.
Type=The damage type, fire, lightning, slashing/etc.

hawkwind
May 13th, 2019, 13:35
does the rule set automatically set non-proficiency penalties to character and NPC sheets or do you have to apply them manually?

celestian
May 13th, 2019, 15:13
does the rule set automatically set non-proficiency penalties to character and NPC sheets or do you have to apply them manually?

PCs will automatically have a non-proficiency penalty applied if they have ZERO proficiencies applied to a weapon.

NPCs do not have non-proficiency penalties applied automatically.

celestian
May 17th, 2019, 23:07
Effects in the ruleset can do some special things. Here is an example of how I setup Ranger's ability versus giants (one of the kits from the rangers handbook).

Giant Killer;IFT:TYPE(giant);DMG: [$LEVEL]

This will give the Ranger a +damage bonus to "giant" type creates that equals his level when the effect is applied. Note that this value set when applied. So if the Ranger levels you need to update the effect. To do so remove/re-add the Ranger to the combat tracker.

Teknykk
May 18th, 2019, 02:46
Some good stuff here, for those who find themselves a little overwhelmed initially, especially folks new to 2E finding interest. That said, I'd love to see the skin theme adopted for 5E. I don't think I'm the only one who can say that I'm well and truly over the glaring sunburn white. And the default FG skin somewhat leaves things to be desired. Would it take much effort to achieve the transition?

celestian
May 18th, 2019, 03:22
Some good stuff here, for those who find themselves a little overwhelmed initially, especially folks new to 2E finding interest. That said, I'd love to see the skin theme adopted for 5E. I don't think I'm the only one who can say that I'm well and truly over the glaring sunburn white. And the default FG skin somewhat leaves things to be desired. Would it take much effort to achieve the transition?

You could try the simple gray or simple brown. It looks like the patch to those didn't go out Tuesday for the buttons on the right so they will be tiny until it does.

Teknykk
May 18th, 2019, 12:06
Yeah those themes are just terrible. No offence to whoever made them, but they have no appeal to me at all. I instantly liked the 2E theme the moment I saw it though, which is saying something.

LordEntrails
May 19th, 2019, 18:28
"Much effort" Guess that depends on what you mean. Not sure if their are any license restrictions on the existing theme elements, don't think so as long as credit is given and they are distributed for free. But, it would take someone to do it. You can do it, check out these two threads;
1) https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?48071-GMW-Campaign-Toolkit-A-Theme-Builder-for-Fantasy-Grounds
2) https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?36035-Art-Asset-List-for-5e-Themes

Teknykk
May 20th, 2019, 09:36
The issue problem with that is that I don't have the assets for it, because they're built into Fantasy Grounds as 2E's default theme like 5E's is. So the only ones who could do it are people with access to the original files I suspect. Unless I'm missing something?

celestian
May 20th, 2019, 15:29
The issue problem with that is that I don't have the assets for it, because they're built into Fantasy Grounds as 2E's default theme like 5E's is. So the only ones who could do it are people with access to the original files I suspect. Unless I'm missing something?

The 2E.pak file is just a zip file. You can unzip it and see all the art used and can replace those in a theme as you desire.

Natewizard
May 20th, 2019, 17:32
Is there a Crit/fumble module planned for the 2E products, if not how would it be to convert the one I bought from Rob2E?

celestian
May 20th, 2019, 18:49
The AD&D ruleset has some pretty neat functionality for defensive wizard spells. For this tip, Mirror Image and Stoneskin.

Here you can see Neebs II had mirror image applied and when the troll attacked the roll results displayed that a image was struck instead of the character.

https://i.imgur.com/DROfIw3.png

Here you can see Neebs the II has Stoneskin applied and when the troll attacked the roll results displayed that the attack was deflected by the skin.

https://i.imgur.com/Q9QuTPw.png

When a mirror image or stone skin effect is "hit" a "charge" from the effect is removed. In the case of Stoneskin it applied 3 charges of it and when the troll hit the stoneskin it was reduced to 2.

celestian
May 30th, 2019, 21:50
Tip today is about damage absorption. There is an effect "DA" that will allow you to have a bubble of "any" type of protection that will be used until it is gone for damage taken.

Here is an example of what it looks like configured for a priests "Protection from Fire" spell.

https://i.imgur.com/UvyjmTw.png

The priests damage absorb is 12 points per level of the cleric. Adding "fire" to the end of the value tells what type of damage it will absorb.

There is also a special type of "none" for absorb type. This is for spells like "armor" that don't actually absorb damage but once they've taken X damage it will cause the spell to expire. In the case of armor you get a AC of 8 until you take X damage.

Here is the effect configuration for the Armor spell.

https://i.imgur.com/bGkIfyy.png

When the bubble reaches 0 or below value the entire effect string is removed. In the case of the Armor spell above, the AC improvement will vanish once the character has taken Level+8 damage. Remember, a value of "none" does not absorb the damage, it just keeps track of whats been done to the character to expire the effect when it's limit is reached. All the others will absorb damage of their type (fire, cold, slashing, piercing/etc).

celestian
May 31st, 2019, 04:39
Two tips in one day... whaaat? I added this really early on in the ruleset because... math. It's little known so here ya go.

When you double click the "wound" field in the CT you get a popup to apply damage/healing.

https://i.imgur.com/WpFMkRH.png

Enter the value you want to apply, hit green to heal, red for damage.

Frankison
May 31st, 2019, 16:42
OMG THIS!!!!!

I use to use the modifier box to adjust this.... because MATH.

I wish I could give like 20 up votes for that feature.

Frankison
May 31st, 2019, 16:45
Also I'm curious, Did Neebs II get killed by this orc? What's the back story here?

I mean have these two really been going at it for 200 rounds??? That would be exhausting, there has to be some bad blood there.

celestian
May 31st, 2019, 16:48
Also I'm curious, Did Neebs II get killed by this orc? What's the back story here?

I mean have these two really been going at it for 200 rounds??? That would be exhausting, there has to be some bad blood there.

Neebs the II was killed by the Orc. Neebs the III is still alive thanks to the "death's door" rules I was testing at the same time I decided to post this tip ;)

Frankison
May 31st, 2019, 16:54
I was looking at the stoneskin and mirror image effects too, those are really good. First time I've seen a ruleset actually handle those spells automatically.

In F&A there is a spell called "Shadow Armor" I think, anyway the jist is that the spell alters your AC by 1 point every 4 levels. is there a string that could accommodate this. I really want to nug out the various effect strings.

celestian
May 31st, 2019, 17:49
In F&A there is a spell called "Shadow Armor" I think, anyway the jist is that the spell alters your AC by 1 point every 4 levels. is there a string that could accommodate this. I really want to nug out the various effect strings.

You can try "AC:[$ARCANE/4]" or "AC:[$DIVINE/4]" depending on which spell type it is.

Remember these values are calculated when the effect is applied. IF they level up in the middle of the spell duration it will NOT change unless they re-apply the effect.

Frankison
May 31st, 2019, 18:00
Shouldn't be an issue, the duration of the spell is 1 round/level, I don't level people up in combat. This aint Baldur's gate.
I was trying every variation of [LVL] I could think of with no success but I see how it works.
Any plans on a 2e effects wiki? Right now it just goes to the 5e page but I'm already seeing that the 2e has a lot of really cool effect strings.

celestian
May 31st, 2019, 18:45
Shouldn't be an issue, the duration of the spell is 1 round/level, I don't level people up in combat. This aint Baldur's gate.
I was trying every variation of [LVL] I could think of with no success but I see how it works.
Any plans on a 2e effects wiki? Right now it just goes to the 5e page but I'm already seeing that the 2e has a lot of really cool effect strings.

At some point. Right now it's just me doing the ruleset and a lot of the content. 5e has the benefit of multiple people on the project ;) I've got a lot of additions to the ruleset, content and various other pieces I want to add so I tend to focus on that. The tips thread here is suppose to help document the "differences" between this ruleset and the 5e one for the meantime.

Frankison
May 31st, 2019, 19:16
I completely understand. I certainly don't want you to wear yourself out. Was just curious. I generally look through the players handbook spells for examples. I just couldn't think of a spell that might work for this one.

Natewizard
June 5th, 2019, 15:11
I updated my FG stuff when I logged on the other day. And when to build a ogre encounter and no Ogre or Ogre Magi showed up in the monster manual. Anyone else have that issue, I know they were there before lol.

hawkwind
June 5th, 2019, 15:50
just checked on my machine and they are both there, you probably have accidentally turn a filter on

Natewizard
June 5th, 2019, 16:38
Yeah on a whim I loaded another campaign Ogre's are there but not in the caves of chaos game I'm running hmmm interesting lol.

grimm182
June 10th, 2019, 20:00
I am SURE i am staring at the solution, but how do i add a linked Proficiency?
I see that i can manually add, but is this section not able to drag an drop to the source descriptions?

celestian
June 10th, 2019, 20:09
I am SURE i am staring at the solution, but how do i add a linked Proficiency?
I see that i can manually add, but is this section not able to drag an drop to the source descriptions?

Drag/drop from skills records? Unless I misunderstand what you're looking for...

If you mean weapon proficiencies there is not a static list of those since that list would be massive and change every time a new weapon was added. You can drag/drop a weapon onto the skills tab page and it will create a entry for that weapon name.

grimm182
June 10th, 2019, 22:24
I will do a screenshot later :) thanks

grimm182
June 10th, 2019, 23:35
Ahh, i see what you mean about weapons, just saw that the non-weapons work as I originally thought.
Thanks for the info!!

celestian
July 31st, 2019, 19:45
One of the things I noticed when creating FG modules (converting) that you could have a kobold but one needed better ac, another need more hp and yet more needed various weapons.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/373164452377395218/606184176777166890/unknown.png

These options in the "encounter" window allow you to set specific ac/hp/weapons for the creatures without having to have 20 different kobold npc entries in your npc records. You can drag/drop weapons into the "weapons" slots and it will add it. Just make sure the module includes the weapon you give them so that when it's spawned it can find the weapon to add.

celestian
August 7th, 2019, 18:22
There is a little known feature that allows you to take the descriptive text from one thing and put it in another. The basics of it is if you hold control while drag and drop a object into the "header" area of most objects it will append the text into that object. The target object cannot be "locked".

Here you can see where I took a ref-manual entry and placed it into a "New Story" story. You can also see where I took a Story entry and placed it into the description field of a "New Power" (spell/power). You can do the same thing in almost any area. NPCs, Spells, Items, Classes/Races/Kits, Features and Traits within classes/races/kits/etc.

https://i.imgur.com/yqbalCs.jpg

Lillhans
November 30th, 2019, 11:26
Effects in the ruleset can do some special things. Here is an example of how I setup Ranger's ability versus giants (one of the kits from the rangers handbook).

Giant Killer;IFT:TYPE(giant);DMG: [$LEVEL]

This will give the Ranger a +damage bonus to "giant" type creates that equals his level when the effect is applied. Note that this value set when applied. So if the Ranger levels you need to update the effect. To do so remove/re-add the Ranger to the combat tracker.

This is a lifesaver! Can you go boolean and (pun) OR multiple creature types in by way of adding another IFT:Type - string after each? Or do they need to go as seperate effects?

celestian
November 30th, 2019, 19:09
This is a lifesaver! Can you go boolean and (pun) OR multiple creature types in by way of adding another IFT:Type - string after each? Or do they need to go as seperate effects?

You could have Giant Killer;IFT:TYPE(giant,dragon,undead);DMG: [$LEVEL] if you need multiple. If they each have different effects (damage/atk/etc) you'd need an individual effect with IFT entry for them.

celestian
November 30th, 2019, 20:09
I've not had the chance to post a new tip so I'll make a quick one while I have a chance.

From the skills tab on a character sheet you can apply a weapon proficiency to a weapon.

https://i.imgur.com/g5X36iZ.png

(you can also set it from the Actions tab as well using the details button there as well)

celestian
December 27th, 2019, 02:58
Another tip, this one for folks that use the optional weapon versus armor. For it to work you will need to add an effect to a weapon like this.

https://i.imgur.com/h9qobXc.png

The effect string is IFT: ARMOR(plate,platemail,plate mail); ATK: 2 . Check "ActionOnly".

When the attack is made it will check the targets inventory and if they have a matching armor name equipped it will apply the effect. In this case +2 to hit.

Lexfire
December 27th, 2019, 15:52
Great tips

graziano.girelli
January 31st, 2020, 23:10
Celestian, is there a comprehensive syntax guide to effects and how to use it? I'm compiling items from Encyclopedia Magica, and i like adopt, when possible, the effects, damage, immunities, etc.

celestian
January 31st, 2020, 23:16
Celestian, is there a comprehensive syntax guide to effects and how to use it? I'm compiling items from Encyclopedia Magica, and i like adopt, when possible, the effects, damage, immunities, etc.

Not yet. What I have put up can be found at the new 2E Ruleset document (https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/FGU/pages/1736705/2E+Ruleset) site.

I will detail the effects for the ruleset but I've a lot of projects spinning right now. In the meantime the link to the 5e effects are linked at the site above and for the most part those all work as detailed... it just doesn't include all the new features.

graziano.girelli
January 31st, 2020, 23:26
Not yet. What I have put up can be found at the new 2E Ruleset document (https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/FGU/pages/1736705/2E+Ruleset) site.

I will detail the effects for the ruleset but I've a lot of projects spinning right now. In the meantime the link to the 5e effects are linked at the site above and for the most part those all work as detailed... it just doesn't include all the new features.

Thanks! I already checked the 5e effects, but i noted you add more features.
My group is delighted with the work you've done on AD&D. We're playing the old adventures and we found the same spirit we had when we were kids. Every month I buy a couple of modules, in order to complete the available material.
Great great job!!!

graziano.girelli
February 1st, 2020, 00:17
I'm trying to add effect to "bard's ring"
First i add +2 bonus to armor class, then i add +4 bonus to breath saving throw, and last i hope the syntax is correct (only bards can use this ring).
When i equip the ring to a character, AC and breath saving throw didn't change... what's wrong?

celestian
February 1st, 2020, 00:58
I'm trying to add effect to "bard's ring"
First i add +2 bonus to armor class, then i add +4 bonus to breath saving throw, and last i hope the syntax is correct (only bards can use this ring).
When i equip the ring to a character, AC and breath saving throw didn't change... what's wrong?

"AC: 2;BREATH: 4"

That would be the effect. The AC will be included in rolls/saves but won't visibly change the number on the character sheet. The only ones that do that are ability score modifications.

graziano.girelli
February 1st, 2020, 08:39
"AC: 2;BREATH: 4"

That would be the effect. The AC will be included in rolls/saves but won't visibly change the number on the character sheet. The only ones that do that are ability score modifications.

Ah... ok! Thanks! Now i can proceed. Just a last question: the "armor and modifier" section in object sheet must be used only with armor and shields?

Edit: i modify the ring as you told, but when try to roll a save, nothing happen. The target remain the same. I don't understand the reason. I also try to use the item's option but nothing happen when i roll the dice.

celestian
February 1st, 2020, 08:49
Ah... ok! Thanks! Now i can proceed. Just a last question: the "armor and modifier" section in object sheet must be used only with armor and shields?

"Armor" type items are the only ones that can have a "base AC" value. Armor and all the rest can use the "Modifier" field.

There are some special behaviors for rings/cloaks in how they react when armor is worn and/or magic armor (see DMG on ring/cloaks).

graziano.girelli
February 1st, 2020, 09:01
"Armor" type items are the only ones that can have a "base AC" value. Armor and all the rest can use the "Modifier" field.

There are some special behaviors for rings/cloaks in how they react when armor is worn and/or magic armor (see DMG on ring/cloaks).

Checked!

graziano.girelli
February 1st, 2020, 09:27
Now everything seems to work in right way. Thanks again!

The only part i'm not able to do is set the "exclusivity" of this ring for the bard class. I try with "IF BARD" but this set the level of the class... and it's not correct.

celestian
February 1st, 2020, 18:52
Now everything seems to work in right way. Thanks again!

The only part i'm not able to do is set the "exclusivity" of this ring for the bard class. I try with "IF BARD" but this set the level of the class... and it's not correct.

There is no way to automate setting a item to be class specific.

graziano.girelli
February 2nd, 2020, 12:08
Understand.
But i have another question (excuse me for this :-():
i wrote the ring of beauty, that add +2 to charisma.
I set "CHA: 2" in the effect section of the sheet, but the ability didn't change. You told only ability change in main page. I try to made a Charisma check but the value didn't change. It's 7 and remain 7. Is it correct?

celestian
February 2nd, 2020, 15:51
Understand.
But i have another question (excuse me for this :-():
i wrote the ring of beauty, that add +2 to charisma.
I set "CHA: 2" in the effect section of the sheet, but the ability didn't change. You told only ability change in main page. I try to made a Charisma check but the value didn't change. It's 7 and remain 7. Is it correct?

CHA:2

Should change a Charisma of 7 to 9.

Keep in mind for that to work the PC has to be in the combat tracker. Effects are not "utilized" unless they are in the CT.

graziano.girelli
February 2nd, 2020, 16:04
CHA:2

Should change a Charisma of 7 to 9.

Keep in mind for that to work the PC has to be in the combat tracker. Effects are not "utilized" unless they are in the CT.

The character was already inside combat tracker. When i remove and then add again the modifier is correct.

celestian
March 13th, 2020, 23:12
So, with how FG manages characters it's pretty difficult to automate level drain. Because of that I've got my own house rule on how I manage it. Here is how I do it.

These are custom effects that have no duration and are hidden from player view.

Level Drain 1(d10);INIT:1;SAVE:-1;CHECK:-1;ATK:-1;DMG:-1;STR:-1;DEX:-1;CHA:-1;CON:-1;ARCANE:-1;DIVINE:-1;HP: -[1d10]

Level Drain 1(d4);INIT:1;SAVE:-1;CHECK:-1;ATK:-1;DMG:-1;STR:-1;DEX:-1;CHA:-1;CON:-1;ARCANE:-1;DIVINE:-1;HP: -[1d4]

Level Drain 1(d6);INIT:1;SAVE:-1;CHECK:-1;ATK:-1;DMG:-1;STR:-1;DEX:-1;CHA:-1;CON:-1;ARCANE:-1;DIVINE:-1;HP: -[1d6]

Level Drain 1(d8);INIT:1;SAVE:-1;CHECK:-1;ATK:-1;DMG:-1;STR:-1;DEX:-1;CHA:-1;CON:-1;ARCANE:-1;DIVINE:-1;HP: -[1d8]

I have 4 so that I can apply them for whatever HD that class uses. If it's a Warrior, I use the d10, wizard, the d4 and so on. When the effect is placed on the target a random 1dX value will be rolled and the HP max will be reduced by that amount. This will reduce the target's base health by dX amount (doesn't cause damage, it reduces their max), initiative, save, ability/skill checks, attacks, damage, str, dex and charisma will all be worsened by 1. Arcane and divine caster levels will also be reduced by 1 (keep in mind this is just casting level, it doesn't reduce number of spell slots/etc).

Varsuuk
March 14th, 2020, 00:23
Nice, I might have to consider this for normal table use. It sounds intriguing.

I used to track every players stats at the start of their level in the event this ever happened. Other than killing a lvl 1 and a lvl 2, I think I only recall ever using it once in 10 years. Was a lot of book keeping for that ;)

I expect you are lowering each of the stars to make it more of a hit since they may not even lose full hp gained (not even con adjust) plus their “lvl” stays same (I like the spell casting AT level changes - I’d leave them with all their slots just less effective)

And of course, get drained N times over your history without restoring where N = “real” level, and you is a wraith or specter or whatever. ;)

Any thoughts on Cel’s and above as general rules for draining in AD&D? I’d like to get ideas. Rarely happens but hard to have to figure it at last minute of did happen.

celestian
March 14th, 2020, 01:16
I expect you are lowering each of the stars to make it more of a hit since they may not even lose full hp gained (not even con adjust) plus their “lvl” stays same (I like the spell casting AT level changes - I’d leave them with all their slots just less effective)

If your con goes down so does your HP if it granted you extra HP. So the CON: -1 will affect total HP if you have a con modifier.

Varsuuk
March 14th, 2020, 01:51
I meant when you lose a level, you lose what you rolled on your hit die but if you had con bonus added at that level, your lose that too.

If I track ho gained per level (using Maxhp for ease)
Like L2 mage with 11 con with 8hp loses level and ends up with 4hp
Lvl2 fighter with 17 con and 26hp loses level and has 13hp left.

Using the FG thing would only knock the rolled (assume 10 on fighter) but also -1 con so he loses 10 instead of 10+3 BUT he dropped one con and had a bonus so he loses one point PER level as well. So in this case 12 points. But you way is meaner (good since levels not lost) for those with good go bonus cos if level 10 and get drained, loses (again pretend max) 10 hp ... and if first drain this fighter would lose 10+10 hp with new con of 16.

Like said I like the reduction in issue with levels and xp loss but has general bad other side effects that are like of drain “restorable” is can do so.

xKrisx
March 21st, 2020, 00:10
Is there an effect written for Berserker Rage from the Warrior kit in the CFH?

celestian
March 21st, 2020, 02:57
Is there an effect written for Berserker Rage from the Warrior kit in the CFH?

There is a power added to characters that add the Berserker kit in the Complete Fighter's Handbook module. It adds +1 to hit, +3 damage and +5 HP.

xKrisx
March 21st, 2020, 07:00
How do I create that power though? I'm trying to learn how effects work. And how they are written.

HEAL: 5 hp; DMG: +3; HIT +1? I put this in the Spell/Ability Effect but it does do anything. Thought you had a tutorial on effects? Is there a longer one or more in depth effects tutorial around?

celestian
March 21st, 2020, 07:12
How do I create that power though? I'm trying to learn how effects work. And how they are written.

HEAL: 5 hp; DMG: +3; HIT +1? I put this in the Spell/Ability Effect but it does do anything. Thought you had a tutorial on effects? Is there a longer one or more in depth effects tutorial around?

You are in luck! I just documented all this.

Links for this are in the ruleset, the ? on various windows.

xKrisx
March 21st, 2020, 07:55
Figured it out I think. HP:[5]; DMG:[3]; ATK: [+1] :D.

celestian
March 21st, 2020, 20:15
Figured it out I think. HP:[5]; DMG:[3]; ATK: [+1] :D.

You don't need the brackets. Thats only used when you are rolling or using $variables.

xKrisx
March 21st, 2020, 23:11
So you don't. Thanks. So is there a handy 2e extension that has helpful effects you'll see in 2e?

celestian
March 21st, 2020, 23:18
So you don't. Thanks. So is there a handy 2e extension that has helpful effects you'll see in 2e?

The PHB/DMG and MM will have most of them in various forms but no, there is not a module with only a list of various effects. That is the purpose of the new document site.

If you have questions on various ones tho feel free to ask here or discord #advanced-dungeons-and-dragons-2e channel.

yeknom
March 25th, 2020, 08:02
I am trying to input the effects for the spell Plague (from the Greyhawk From the Ashes Sourcebook) and it includes a 10% hit point loss. What would that look like in an effect? Is it possible? When I look at the Reference-Effects page I see a PSTR, PDEX and so on for ability scores but not one for HP. If it is possible would it be something like PHP; -10% ?

celestian
March 25th, 2020, 16:41
I am trying to input the effects for the spell Plague (from the Greyhawk From the Ashes Sourcebook) and it includes a 10% hit point loss. What would that look like in an effect? Is it possible? When I look at the Reference-Effects page I see a PSTR, PDEX and so on for ability scores but not one for HP. If it is possible would it be something like PHP; -10% ?

There is no macro to reference current "max" HP to do what you're wanting. You'd need to do something like HP: -[$MAXHP*0.1]

$MAXHP is NOT a thing tho I might add it but... for now what you want isn't possible I don't think (in an automated fashion).

yeknom
March 25th, 2020, 23:59
Thanks Celestian! It's an easy enough thing to handle manually.

graziano.girelli
April 9th, 2020, 13:52
Hi Celestian,

how may i manage as follow:
On successful saving throw no damage at all. In the dialog box there is only "half" as option. Is it possible to set no damage? I'm finishing the rings of the Encyclopedia Magica, and don't know how to set this option.
Thanks!

celestian
April 9th, 2020, 15:42
Hi Celestian,

how may i manage as follow:
On successful saving throw no damage at all. In the dialog box there is only "half" as option. Is it possible to set no damage? I

If leave damage set to "-" it will unselect the target if they save. Damage will not be done then.

graziano.girelli
April 9th, 2020, 17:18
Thank you very much!!!

Bryan Brown
April 12th, 2020, 07:23
Ok guys, if this is asked and answered previously, I apologize...
My boys and I are gearing up to start our first FG campaign using the Classic 2E ruleset.

I can't figure out how to specialize in a weapon or a fighting style, for instance, I'm trying to create a Barbarian that is specialized in Trident and Net and has Two Hander Style.
I'm lost...
Please help...
LOL

celestian
April 12th, 2020, 08:17
Ok guys, if this is asked and answered previously, I apologize...
My boys and I are gearing up to start our first FG campaign using the Classic 2E ruleset.

I can't figure out how to specialize in a weapon or a fighting style, for instance, I'm trying to create a Barbarian that is specialized in Trident and Net and has Two Hander Style.
I'm lost...
Please help...
LOL

Create a weapon skill (skill tab) and give it the bonuses you want then apply those to the weapon.

HotdogtheBarbarian
April 12th, 2020, 20:23
Create a weapon skill (skill tab) and give it the bonuses you want then apply those to the weapon.

Thanks for responding Celestian. I'm Bryan's DM. Specicfically, I'm trying to add the Two-Hander weapon style specialization. Here's what I've done:

Added the Weapon Proficiency "Trident" by dragging trident over from Items and drop it under Weapon Proficiencies , and because Bryan's PC has weapon specialization in trident I set the Hit to +1 and DMG to +2. That works.

Then, under Weapon Proficiencies, I manually created a proficiency I titled "Two-Hander Style" and I want it to re-create the proficiency of the same name from the 2E Fighter's Handbook, but only when using a melee weapon two-handed. There is no way I can find to edit the proficiency I created to adjust anything but Hit and DMG.

I have been able to create an effect which lowers the PC's Init -3, but it applies to every initiative roll as long as the PC has the trident carried, so even a shortsword initiative gets the -3 benefit.

I have tried creating a duplicate trident, changing the name to "Trident, Two-Hander Style" and only applying effects to it, but have had no success except that the -3 effect applies universally as I stated above.

What am I missing or doing wrong? Thanks in advance.

celestian
April 12th, 2020, 20:27
Thanks for responding Celestian. I'm Bryan's DM. Specicfically, I'm trying to add the Two-Hander weapon style specialization. Here's what I've done:

Added the Weapon Proficiency "Trident" by dragging trident over from Items and drop it under Weapon Proficiencies , and because Bryan's PC has weapon specialization in trident I set the Hit to +1 and DMG to +2. That works.

Then, under Weapon Proficiencies, I manually created a proficiency I titled "Two-Hander Style" and I want it to re-create the proficiency of the same name from the 2E Fighter's Handbook, but only when using a melee weapon two-handed. There is no way I can find to edit the proficiency I created to adjust anything but Hit and DMG.

I have been able to create an effect which lowers the PC's Init -3, but it applies to every initiative roll as long as the PC has the trident carried, so even a shortsword initiative gets the -3 benefit.

I have tried creating a duplicate trident, changing the name to "Trident, Two-Hander Style" and only applying effects to it, but have had no success except that the -3 effect applies universally as I stated above.

What am I missing or doing wrong? Thanks in advance.

Make a weapon proficiency like you did for the Trident called Two-Hander style specialization and apply it to all the weapons in question. To be clear tho, there is no way to automate applying initiative adjustments for weapon profs.

HotdogtheBarbarian
April 12th, 2020, 21:07
Make a weapon proficiency like you did for the Trident called Two-Hander style specialization and apply it to all the weapons in question. To be clear tho, there is no way to automate applying initiative adjustments for weapon profs.

Thanks. I've already created that weapon proficiency, and I can apply it to the trident and spear, long. But now my question is: What is the benefit of applying it to the weapons? By creating it under Weapon Profiencies that helps us to track used proficiency slots (and that's good), but does it appear in the chat window or something?

JohnD
April 12th, 2020, 22:09
Go into the weapon entry on the Actions tab, change the speed factor on the 2-handed version of the entry to be 3 lower than normal.

celestian
April 12th, 2020, 22:54
Thanks. I've already created that weapon proficiency, and I can apply it to the trident and spear, long. But now my question is: What is the benefit of applying it to the weapons? By creating it under Weapon Profiencies that helps us to track used proficiency slots (and that's good), but does it appear in the chat window or something?

If there is no weapon prof applied to a weapon it will have the non-proficiency penalty applied.

HotdogtheBarbarian
April 13th, 2020, 00:06
JohnD, that's what I needed, thank you. Celestian, I think I hadn't explained well where I was in the process. Thanks!

celestian
May 6th, 2020, 19:12
Seen a couple questions related to the chat language feature, here is how it works in the 2E ruleset.

https://i.imgur.com/YysZRNt.gif

celestian
August 10th, 2020, 15:49
If you'd like to change the scale of a map from 10ft to 5ft here is how I do it.

This map has a grid size of 50 pixels. To make the squares 5ft we cut that in half to 25. Then we adjust the unit measurement from 10ft to 5ft.

This is the FGC process:

To start the process right click on the map in the area you'd like to use as a measurement (in most of my maps I place a black square that is the grid alignment box). Remove the existing grid and then re-draw the new one.

https://i.imgur.com/VbgLAVE.gif

FGU is almost exactly the same except they use a different grid sizing overlay.

https://i.imgur.com/ORBOXmr.gif

JohnD
August 10th, 2020, 22:46
Seen a couple questions related to the chat language feature, here is how it works in the 2E ruleset.

https://i.imgur.com/YysZRNt.gif

I always hope that we'll be given more fonts for the plethora of languages.

celestian
February 26th, 2021, 17:16
Since I've seen a few question on this...

Here is how you switch between Menu buttons and the bar. Changing the Menu/bar settings requires a /reload or restart to take effect.

https://i.imgur.com/JWDkNbC.gif

https://i.imgur.com/mcZ7Tdz.gif

celestian
March 25th, 2021, 16:18
The upcoming Vision/Lighting features in FGU have been added to the 2E ruleset and can be tested now if you enable the "Test" channel.

Do not open a current campaign and backup your files before testing!

Characters with vision option in settings (from racial choices typically) will now automatically be added to their vision when their token is placed on the map. I've also added "effects" to the PHB so that you can add the various types and ranges of vision (and lighting) to a token.

Various monsters in the MM descriptions indicate they have infravision so I've added options to those. In the case of creatures, the "Special Defenses" field can now contain a vision type as well and it will be included on the token when placed on the map.

The strings used in senses (pc) or special defenses (npc) would be "visionType" and the range. So "Infravision 30" would give the pc or npc 30 feet of infravision that has a light "orange" hue. There is also blindsight which gives a "blue" hue to the vision area. Truesight is another type that gives vision in the range in the true color.

The documentation for the general FGU vision and lighting can be found here:

Lightning:
https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/FGCP/pages/1312784387/Adding+Lights+to+Maps+and+Tokens

Vision:
https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/FGCP/pages/1315930113/Player+and+NPC+Token+Vision+on+Maps

galfaroth2000
April 27th, 2021, 21:41
If you'd like to change the scale of a map from 10ft to 5ft here is how I do it.

This map has a grid size of 50 pixels. To make the squares 5ft we cut that in half to 25. Then we adjust the unit measurement from 10ft to 5ft.

This is the FGC process:

To start the process right click on the map in the area you'd like to use as a measurement (in most of my maps I place a black square that is the grid alignment box). Remove the existing grid and then re-draw the new one.

https://i.imgur.com/VbgLAVE.gif

Will this feature be back on FGC. I am eager to have it back. (I mean the ability to set the grid size in ft (or any other unit as well))
Thanks celestian.

celestian
April 28th, 2021, 01:06
Will this feature be back on FGC. I am eager to have it back. (I mean the ability to set the grid size in ft (or any other unit as well))
Thanks celestian.

Should already be there. I know I broke it at some point with FGU work but in my local copy that should be released by now...it works. Set the grid and add a token, the options should show then.

galfaroth2000
April 29th, 2021, 11:34
Thank you. It´s solved issue.
I was no adding any token, just setting the grid and missing the option.... I added the token and everything was perfect!! ;):)

celestian
April 29th, 2021, 15:32
Thank you. It´s solved issue.
I was no adding any token, just setting the grid and missing the option.... I added the token and everything was perfect!! ;):)

I'm going to tweak the code so that it only requires a grid to be on the map. The work on FGU had me set the token requirement and it's not necessary for this in FGC.

data21
February 5th, 2022, 02:49
This was AD&D's strength, the amount of optional rules GMs could play with or not. While I used a lot of of the, some I did not. This became a big issue with the Player Options books. Combat & Tactics was great but I didn't use their special initiative, still preferred segments. Skills & Powers, didn't use most of it (broken as it was).

AD&D 2e was great, anyone who says otherwise was either a 1e grognard or someone who forgot what they played or never played it in the first place. When 3e came out, it was very in fashion to mock the game those same players were playing for a decade.

Felgar
March 27th, 2022, 01:35
What happened to the option to add items to the encounter sheet? I'm not sure why an older module I created has a weapons line and below it an equipment line, but this option doesn't seem to exist for the current module I am creating. Assuming this has been disabled. Also I am using FGC. Thanks in advance.

Never mind, After re-watching your YouTube videos and re-reading the ruleset tips I realized that I had enabled the 2e options extension was why the earlier module had the item line included in the encounter window.

celestian
April 22nd, 2022, 21:44
I added this end of 2021 but it seems many folks are not aware of it.

Table Roll Result to generate item with a random value

check for a @value on a table entry and if it's there set it as the value for the item.

Gem@[1d10+10*10] gp

Would create a item "Gem" (or a copy the linked item) and set the cost to the rolled value.

Another example:

[2d6x]Gem@[3d10+10*10] gp

celestian
May 11th, 2022, 17:12
Had a question in discord regarding how to copy data around in stories and various other locations and keep the formatting. It would be nice if we could just copy/paste from one source to another but FGU doesn't support that, however you can append data from one source into another using the 2E ruleset.

To do this control-drag the link of one record into another dropping it in the header section of that record.

Copy a ref-manual entry into a blank story record.
https://i.imgur.com/L3R0Z0d.gif

Copy a story entry into a NPC record (Orc) description
https://i.imgur.com/Rh06Q4C.gif

This works in most records.

lbkoerich
October 8th, 2022, 15:45
Hi everyone and Celestian. I love the AD&D iteration of Fantasy Grounds, but I'm having some issues with items powers.

Item Powers tab seems to be a unique feature of AD&D (the D&D 5E does not have this tab on items) and I love the cnoncept. However, for some reason, I'm not beeing able to use the powers of the items directly from the Powers Tab.
For example, the Wand of Frost has the tab Powers with the possibility to cast Ice Storm, Cone of Cold and Wall of Frost. However nothing happens when I click on the Cast, Save, Damage or Effect buttons. I'm not able to drag and drop either.

Hence, I did what I do for the D&D 5E, creating effects in the Character Powers tab. However, to have the item powers in each item is so nice (and something that I really miss in the 5E FG) that have to ask if it is really not working or if there is something that I'm doing wrong.

Best

Leo

celestian
October 8th, 2022, 18:30
Hi everyone and Celestian. I love the AD&D iteration of Fantasy Grounds, but I'm having some issues with items powers.

Item Powers tab seems to be a unique feature of AD&D (the D&D 5E does not have this tab on items) and I love the cnoncept. However, for some reason, I'm not beeing able to use the powers of the items directly from the Powers Tab.
For example, the Wand of Frost has the tab Powers with the possibility to cast Ice Storm, Cone of Cold and Wall of Frost. However nothing happens when I click on the Cast, Save, Damage or Effect buttons. I'm not able to drag and drop either.

Hence, I did what I do for the D&D 5E, creating effects in the Character Powers tab. However, to have the item powers in each item is so nice (and something that I really miss in the 5E FG) that have to ask if it is really not working or if there is something that I'm doing wrong.

Best

Leo

I wasn't able to reproduce your problem. I created a new campaign, gave a pc wand of frost, targeted several npcs, clicked cast and it rolled saves for them. I followed up with damage (not show in SS) and it worked as well.

https://i.imgur.com/oOkkczO.png

lbkoerich
October 9th, 2022, 03:17
I wasn't able to reproduce your problem. I created a new campaign, gave a pc wand of frost, targeted several npcs, clicked cast and it rolled saves for them. I followed up with damage (not show in SS) and it worked as well.

https://i.imgur.com/oOkkczO.png

Oh. Now I understand what I was doing wrong. I hadn't seen that item powers would appear in the character's powers tab. I was opening the item, going to the powers tab and trying to use the spells.

sorry for the confusion and thanks for the reply!

celestian
October 9th, 2022, 05:58
Oh. Now I understand what I was doing wrong. I hadn't seen that item powers would appear in the character's powers tab. I was opening the item, going to the powers tab and trying to use the spells.

sorry for the confusion and thanks for the reply!

NP, glad you got it working!

Happy frost wanding! ;)

spencerg
October 17th, 2022, 16:03
You are in luck! I just documented all this.

https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/FGU/pages/1736705/2E+Ruleset

This is the best place to start for this question: https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/FGU/pages/200081431/Reference+-+Effects

And follow up with https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/FGU/pages/199819273/Spells+Powers+AD+D

Hi 👋 Celestian

when i visit this confluence links it says restricted 🚫, go back to where you came from ?

Varsuuk
October 17th, 2022, 20:21
Hi  Celestian

when i visit this confluence links it says restricted , go back to where you came from ?

Verified same here (figured saw in email update and try it - no idea where it is supposed to lead but I too got a “bug-uh” type page. )

celestian
October 17th, 2022, 20:57
Hi �� Celestian

when i visit this confluence links it says restricted ��, go back to where you came from ?

Confluence access is controlled by FG folks. I'll ping them. More than likely they changed the pathing and forgot to let me know to adjust the ruleset.

spencerg
October 17th, 2022, 23:42
Confluence access is controlled by FG folks. I'll ping them. More than likely they changed the pathing and forgot to let me know to adjust the ruleset.

awesome man, thank you

celestian
October 18th, 2022, 02:05
awesome man, thank you

Actually, did you check the links in the ruleset (the ? on some of the windows) or did you click an old link here?

spencerg
October 18th, 2022, 04:46
Actually, did you check the links in the ruleset (the ? on some of the windows) or did you click an old link here?

hi celestian
It was from this thread (links on here) - I was scanning the threads and reading, as I should have done before posting the first time :)
// update
I honestly had no idea there were links back to these pages from in-app. Nice!

Just to make sure I went down the correct rabbit hole.
Is the information on the following page extensive >

https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/FGCP/pages/996641152/D+D+Classic+-+2E+1E+Ruleset

Or is there more ?

celestian
October 18th, 2022, 05:12
hi celestian
It was from this thread (links on here) - I was scanning the threads and reading, as I should have done before posting the first time :)
// update
I honestly had no idea there were links back to these pages from in-app. Nice!

Just to make sure I went down the correct rabbit hole.
Is the information on the following page extensive >

https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/FGCP/pages/996641152/D+D+Classic+-+2E+1E+Ruleset

Or is there more ?

Thats the site ;) The old link is where it was originally. They moved it sometime ago and the ruleset was updated to reflect that.

spencerg
October 18th, 2022, 05:28
Thats the site ;) The old link is where it was originally. They moved it sometime ago and the ruleset was updated to reflect that.

Awesome chief, thank you.

inawkwardscience
January 23rd, 2023, 23:29
Is the character creation video in FGU? I do not have a library button on the right. The Library button I do have on the left under menu does not have a create character button.

Sagrarius
January 30th, 2023, 21:41
Hello, friends, I am new to Fantasy Grounds and need some help to understand an issue (or something wrong I've done). After create the sheets of my players and test the combat tracker, the AC values of the players are always 10, regardless of the enemy attack them. Everyone of the party has high ACs (the less level in group is 10) and payed attention to set all the defensive itens right. Even so, in party sheet, for example, it shows AC -6 for a character, but when this character is attacked, the text shows 10, as below.

Attack [11] ->[ATTACK (M)] [at Azule Mhagynar] [Hit-AC: 2 vs. 10 ] [AC: 2 ] [HIT]

Someone knows what can I do to fix this? Thanks!

Sagrarius
January 30th, 2023, 21:45
And here a print of the party sheet:

celestian
January 30th, 2023, 21:52
Hello, friends, I am new to Fantasy Grounds and need some help to understand an issue (or something wrong I've done). After create the sheets of my players and test the combat tracker, the AC values of the players are always 10, regardless of the enemy attack them. Everyone of the party has high ACs (the less level in group is 10) and payed attention to set all the defensive itens right. Even so, in party sheet, for example, it shows AC -6 for a character, but when this character is attacked, the text shows 10, as below.

Attack [11] ->[ATTACK (M)] [at Azule Mhagynar] [Hit-AC: 2 vs. 10 ] [AC: 2 ] [HIT]

Someone knows what can I do to fix this? Thanks!

Disable all extensions (including themes) and try again?

Sagrarius
January 30th, 2023, 22:02
Disable all extensions (including themes) and try again?

Just tried... and just worked! Thank you so much, Celestian!

amanwing
July 24th, 2023, 12:33
Just tried... and just worked! Thank you so much, Celestian!

Did you find out what extension broke it? For me it seems this one:
Extension: Player’s Option crits, weapon vs armor to-hit automation, and more!

celestian
August 19th, 2023, 04:43
There is an update coming out from FGU that requires some updates to various UI elements that entailed fairly extensive updates to the ruleset. Those changes are in progress and if you'd like to help test you can find it on the TEST channel. I am testing various pieces but it would be best if more folks can put eyes on things to see if something is amiss.

spencerg
August 19th, 2023, 22:59
I will help. Is there release notes ��️ ?

celestian
August 19th, 2023, 23:10
I will help. Is there release notes ��️ ?

This is mostly a "standardization" for UI pieces that JPG is making. In theory you'd not notice any of it ;)

I'm updating templates/windows for this.

https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/FGCP/pages/2179694626/Developer+Guide+-+Historical+Change+Guide

I've got another pass I'll be making once I get some details on some requirements from JPG.

JohnD
August 20th, 2023, 00:02
Will this mess up Sterno's extension?

spencerg
August 20th, 2023, 00:03
I recall them mentioning standardization of the templates <generic> - Thanks mike - i’ll msg you if i see anything.

celestian
August 21st, 2023, 00:52
Will this mess up Sterno's extension?

No clue, I do not use it but I expect it will as these template changes are pretty extensive.

spencerg
August 21st, 2023, 23:08
So far I've only noticed minor u.i. - some button overlap - here is one - 58601 - whether this is you or just something in flux on stage, idk. I'll save anything else I find to report in bulk. Its mainly just been minor shifting/overlap. And as always, thank you for maintaining this Mike, extremely grateful for the work you do.

celestian
August 22nd, 2023, 05:09
So far I've only noticed minor u.i. - some button overlap - here is one - 58601 - whether this is you or just something in flux on stage, idk. I'll save anything else I find to report in bulk. Its mainly just been minor shifting/overlap. And as always, thank you for maintaining this Mike, extremely grateful for the work you do.

What window was that from?

spencerg
August 22nd, 2023, 16:48
images - default theme - i noticed weird shifting on the character sheet in wood theme, but i take it that’s not on you.

celestian
August 22nd, 2023, 18:04
images - default theme - i noticed weird shifting on the character sheet in wood theme, but i take it that’s not on you.

Got it, I'll push and let them know it's ready to go to TEST channel (I wont know when it goes but 23.08.20 is the rev when its there).

spencerg
August 22nd, 2023, 23:50
Beautiful - Im going to test some more - but it looks great. It isn’t your realm , but Sternos looks fine so far. It isn’t a lot of main ui. but rather context menus and sub modals + under the hood. Surprisingly it’s working fine as far as i can tell and that’s pretty insane considering the circumstances.

I’ll pm you if i see anything- easier than this.

ssostac1
August 23rd, 2023, 20:16
I concur with spencerg, I use Sterno's extension and was worried it would stop working, but happily I do not see any issues.

celestian
November 6th, 2023, 19:28
Add the AD&D 2E Ruleset Documentation (https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/1454/view) as a module and view it in your campaign/game directly as needed.

Draykor
February 26th, 2024, 20:46
Hello all!

Is it possible to add items to NPCs when creating a variable NPCs random encounter? For example, if I wanted to create a random trade caravan that can be rolled up when a party is travelling down a road and I wanted the caravan guards to have halberds and chain mail. I see this can be done when adding NPCs to a fixed encounter and I am trying to duplicate that.

celestian
February 29th, 2024, 17:29
Hello all!

Is it possible to add items to NPCs when creating a variable NPCs random encounter? For example, if I wanted to create a random trade caravan that can be rolled up when a party is travelling down a road and I wanted the caravan guards to have halberds and chain mail. I see this can be done when adding NPCs to a fixed encounter and I am trying to duplicate that.

You'd need to have npcs with those items or use a table with pre-set encounters and those encounters have the items on them.

Draykor
February 29th, 2024, 17:39
Kinda of what I thought. I've been creating premade NPCs and putting them into pre-set random encounters with variable NPCs. Ex: 1 encounter = 1d2-1 Human Mercenaries; 1d4 Human Fighters (lvl1); 1d2 Halfling Thieves (lvl1). And then when that comes up on the random table I hit the "generate" button.

Another question, one that I thought of while working on those premade NPCs the other day. In the Fallout ruleset there is the option to have random loot rolled when the NPC is put into the parcel items box on the party sheet. Like, 1d6 junk gets rolled when added to the loot pile. In this ruleset I saw that dragging an NPC to the loot tab on the party sheet dropped the NPC's gear into the parcel items box. So my question is, is it possible to also put a random variable on an NPC card that rolls variable loot? For example, if I drop a very poor NPC on in the parcel not only does it drop a dagger there but also 1d4 copper pieces.