PDA

View Full Version : Dungeon Crawl Classics Role Playing Game Ruleset - Bug reports, feedback, etc..

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5]

leozelig
June 23rd, 2023, 12:01
Yeah, that’s odd. I’m not getting that error with my test ruleset, but the live version is doing that for me too. I haven’t changed anything related to the casting results, but I’ll look at it. Clearly something isn’t working.

EDIT: Looks like an update is capitalizing the label attached to the roll. I will upload a fix this afternoon.

Moon Wizard
June 23rd, 2023, 17:40
The labels were all capitalized in the roll outputs as part of a pass I made to allow the soundset triggers to match up with the 5E versions.

Regards,
JPG

leozelig
June 23rd, 2023, 17:51
Ah, that makes sense - I won’t change the labels. My plan is to create a new variable for the spell name where it’s needed and convert to lower case for matching purposes.

leozelig
June 26th, 2023, 23:46
I will be adding the new level 2 adventure from the 10th printing of the core rules. Possible spoilers...

I attached a screenshot of an interesting area and a very large map (at low-res) from the adventure. I think Keep Off the Borderlands is the best level 2 adventure from the core rulebook so far, and it makes for a nice one-shot if you want to introduce your group to DCC.

Tabarkus
June 28th, 2023, 23:29
Thanks for the quick update!

leozelig
July 2nd, 2023, 19:01
I submitted a core rules update with the new adventure from the 10th printing (see post #1004). That makes 4 free adventures included with your core rules purchase here on Fantasy Grounds - a good start to your DCC collection!

Griogre
July 5th, 2023, 20:52
Thanks for your work, free adventures help new GMs and players get into the game. :)

Tabarkus
July 6th, 2023, 23:08
I may have requested this feature previously; as I think about it occasionally. I know we have the "ALL: #" effect but we don't seem to have an "DIEALL: #" effect. Would that be possible?

Varsuuk
July 7th, 2023, 00:09
I may have requested this feature previously; as I think about it occasionally. I know we have the "ALL: #" effect but we don't seem to have an "DIEALL: #" effect. Would that be possible?
I’m sorry for butting in ;) I just saw this n one of the email alerts. If the ALL: #. Effect is applying damage… perhaps you’ve thought to use the work around of like ALL: 1000 ;)

Edit: Of course as I reread, I have no idea if ALL is for DMG… so…?

Tabarkus
July 7th, 2023, 11:53
I’m sorry for butting in ;) I just saw this n one of the email alerts. If the ALL: #. Effect is applying damage… perhaps you’ve thought to use the work around of like ALL: 1000 ;)

Edit: Of course as I reread, I have no idea if ALL is for DMG… so…?

The "ALL: #" effect applies a # as a bonus or penalty to all rolls made off the character sheet. ALL: 1 would add a +1 to any and all Ability checks, Skill checks, attack rolls, damage rolls, saving throws, spell checks, etc.

The +/- d buttons do this but we have to remember to apply them to each roll. A DIEALL: # effect would accommodate my feeble memory.

leozelig
July 14th, 2023, 21:19
Hi Tab! Sorry I missed your post. I think a DIEALL effect is possible - I'll see what I can do with that.

EDIT: I will also add a script that immediately deletes anyone's character who uses the 'ALL: 1000' effect ;)

Varsuuk
July 14th, 2023, 22:04
*gulp*

… simple misunderstanding, good sir, I’ll be on me way… no harms done…

*scurries away*

Tabarkus
July 21st, 2023, 04:01
Hey Leo, I noticed a typo on the Clay Golem that effects its attack roll. The attack is listed as just "+6 melee (1d8+3)". There is no [description] for the attack, for example "slam +6 melee" so it doesn't recognize the +6 as the melee bonus and just rolls a flat d20.

leozelig
July 21st, 2023, 11:58
Hey Leo, I noticed a typo on the Clay Golem that effects its attack roll. The attack is listed as just "+6 melee (1d8+3)". There is no [description] for the attack, for example "slam +6 melee" so it doesn't recognize the +6 as the melee bonus and just rolls a flat d20.

I’m actually in the process of revising the core rules module because Goodman Games replaced all (ok, most) of the male pronouns with gender neutral pronouns. I always thought the rampant use of he/him as the default pronoun was odd, but I did not realize it occurs a few thousand(!) times. The editing at Goodman Games has always been a weak spot in my opinion.

I’m also adding the new art from the 10th printing. Another odd choice by Goodman Games… They re-commissioned a different artist to basically draw a different version of the same scene for some of the art. *shrugs*

Anyway, I’ll fix the golem attack. ;)

leozelig
August 22nd, 2023, 20:22
I have been working on the core rules update for the 10th printing, which includes many pronoun changes and some new art. I left the old art in the image library and labeled the new art '(10th Printing)', so it should be clear what was added. I also fixed a few minor typos in the ref manual - hopefully I didn't create any new ones. The golem attacks will be fixed, see post #1013.

As far as new features, I have added the spell list view to the class library, and you can create spell lists for custom classes using this feature as well. This is something I borrowed from 5E, and it will replace the sorting by level from the module library. I'm trying to mirror the 5E code whenever possible for ease of maintenance. Plus, this is a really nice feature if you create any homebrew spellcasters.

I am also updating the ALL effect to accept a dice clause (not just a number modifier), and I will experiment with a DIEALL effect for a dice swap (moving up/down the dice chain) that applies to all actions - attack, spell check, ability check, initiative, saving throw, and skill check.

Tabarkus
August 24th, 2023, 23:39
Cool, looking forward to the improvements. Another request, which I know is a huge one. The new sound effects available in FGU are interesting and my group is enjoying them. I quickly realized though that with the combat sounds of hit, miss, critical, etc. it is impossible (or I think it is) to differentiate between weapons because the weapon is not listed in the DCC chat output on the same line as the attack and hit message. 5E's attack line appears as: Attack (R) (Dagger) [23] -> [at Berserker 2] [HIT] and DCC's line is Attack [7] -> [at Berserker] [HIT]. So the DCC chat message doesn't allow you to distinguish between melee and ranged attacks or by weapon. Preventing you from using the variety of sounds available. I'm not sure how big of an undertaking that is, but it would be cool.

leozelig
August 25th, 2023, 00:02
Cool, looking forward to the improvements. Another request, which I know is a huge one. The new sound effects available in FGU are interesting and my group is enjoying them. I quickly realized though that with the combat sounds of hit, miss, critical, etc. it is impossible (or I think it is) to differentiate between weapons because the weapon is not listed in the DCC chat output on the same line as the attack and hit message. 5E's attack line appears as: Attack (R) (Dagger) [23] -> [at Berserker 2] [HIT] and DCC's line is Attack [7] -> [at Berserker] [HIT]. So the DCC chat message doesn't allow you to distinguish between melee and ranged attacks or by weapon. Preventing you from using the variety of sounds available. I'm not sure how big of an undertaking that is, but it would be cool.

Probably not too difficult, I’ll look at it. The DIEALL effect seems to be working, so at this point, I’m just waiting for the next big CoreRPG update on Tuesday (I think).

Tabarkus
August 25th, 2023, 12:57
Also I noticed that an "Overnight Rest" no longer resets Disapproval and Halfling/Thief Luck use.

leozelig
August 25th, 2023, 14:20
I’ve noticed that my earlier changes sometimes cancel out with these CoreRPG updates. I don’t know how, but things definitely disappear occasionally. I’ll try to find my code from the earlier update.

leozelig
August 25th, 2023, 14:23
I looked at the sound triggers, and it looks for “Attack” and “[HIT]” (or whatever the result is). I did change the chat message to match 5E, so I’ll see if that fixes it, but looking at the code, I would think it’s not a parsing issue.

Tabarkus
August 27th, 2023, 17:24
Another item I noticed. I created a Recuperation power on the Actions tab for my Lankhmar game and noticed it does not add the CL to the roll when it is selected. I sent a screen shot via Discord because I couldn't seem to get a picture to upload here.

leozelig
August 27th, 2023, 19:09
Another item I noticed. I created a Recuperation power on the Actions tab for my Lankhmar game and noticed it does not add the CL to the roll when it is selected. I sent a screen shot via Discord because I couldn't seem to get a picture to upload here.

Should be an easy fix. I don't quite understand how these bugs find their way into the ruleset, but I will fix it for the next update (soon).

leozelig
September 4th, 2023, 20:17
Update 2023-09-01

[Fixed] Minor typos in the core rules module.
[Updated] Graphics for improved compatibility with themes.
[Updated] Core rules module with gender-neutral text introduced in the softcover 9th printing.
[Updated] Effect modifier DIE now accepts a dice clause (previously number only).
[Added] Effect modifier DIEALL applies dice chain adjustment to all rolls.
[Added] New art from 10th printing to core rules module.
[Added] Spell Lists button to class library sorts spells by source (i.e., class or patron) and level.

Tabarkus
September 5th, 2023, 23:52
"[Updated] Effect modifier DIE now accepts a dice clause (previously number only)."
Oh yeah! Thanks for this update, very nice!

Tabarkus
September 7th, 2023, 03:27
leozelig, we had numerous errors in tonight's game, after this last update.
1) the attack/damage line on the Combat Tracker was not working for NPCs; I had to open each NPC's sheet to make attack and do damage; Saving Throws worked off the Combat Tracker; NPC spells worked
2) Crit Table III reading was intermittent, it didn't work for halflings, worked for 1 cleric but not for another; other classes worked fine (warrior, thief, wizard)
3) Intermittent spell errors, I'll work on better identifying these
4) Every time the thief toggled his Backstab button a message was sent to Chat: bTRUE or bFALSE

EDIT: ok sorry, I was tired last night and didn't check running a clean table with no extensions. Problems #1 & #4 persist on a clean table.

I get a "line 523: attempt to index a nil value" error when rolling a lay on hands, divine aid, and turn unholy

Disapproval and Luck still don't reset on an overnight rest

Locotomo
September 7th, 2023, 15:44
Sorry my last post went to MCC instead here.
I can't upload pictures here neither, soplease go to the Discord link : https://discord.com/channels/274582899045695488/855609309999005746/1149050209956020294

Locotomo
September 7th, 2023, 19:34
I really really love the new theme and the sheets. But you messed up the Annual. Can you please fix it as soon as possible ?

Tabarkus
September 7th, 2023, 22:53
I really really love the new theme and the sheets. But you messed up the Annual. Can you please fix it as soon as possible ?

Hey, I don't see anything wrong with the Annual. What are you seeing?

Locotomo
September 8th, 2023, 08:05
Canticle: Lunar Glow and even Turn Unholy is causing errors, Reference Manual for Spell Checks (Canticle: Lunar Glow) is empty.
For some reasons I can't upload screenshots anymore, it doesn't matter which browser I use.
I posted the screenshot in the FGU-DCC Discord channel.

Tabarkus
September 9th, 2023, 18:07
Hey Locotomo, these casting errors can be fixed by going into the Metadata window for these abilities and changing the "Group Type" from Abilities to Spells.

Yeah the image uploading problem is currently affecting the forums.

Locotomo
September 9th, 2023, 18:31
It was working before. I just wait for the fix :)

leozelig
September 9th, 2023, 19:53
It was working before. I just wait for the fix :)

Fix uploaded. The script error happens when making a spell check for powers with an empty Source field. If you enter "Cleric" (or anything really) for the source, the error will go away. Or just wait for the fix.

You might still see warnings about the icon. 5E re-formatted a bunch of the powers code, so I am going to work on doing the same for DCC. Once I get that working, the icon warning will go away.

I will upload a fix for the broken links in the DCC Annual by the end of the weekend as well.

GregRex
September 16th, 2023, 20:55
Found a couple of bugs playing MCC today.

The 'Prone' effect is passing a -2 to hit modifier against a prone target in melee and a +2 bonus against a prone target at range. As I am re-reading table 4-1 I think that is backwards.

Next, player clients are unable to make Artifact Checks from the PC Record's Actions tab with the attached log and cannot make a Mutation Check or Program Checks at all.

Keep up the great work!

***Crud, wrong thread. I thought I was in MCC. Do we want me to report it there?***
****Why isn't MCC its own ruleset on the Forums and Webstore?****

leozelig
September 16th, 2023, 23:10
Found a couple of bugs playing MCC today.

The 'Prone' effect is passing a -2 to hit modifier against a prone target in melee and a +2 bonus against a prone target at range. As I am re-reading table 4-1 I think that is backwards.

Next, player clients are unable to make Artifact Checks from the PC Record's Actions tab with the attached log and cannot make a Mutation Check or Program Checks at all.

Keep up the great work!

***Crud, wrong thread. I thought I was in MCC. Do we want me to report it there?***
****Why isn't MCC its own ruleset on the Forums and Webstore?****

Thank you for the report G-Rex! You’re right about the prone effect, not sure how I reversed that. I’ll see what I can figure out with the artifact and program checks.

No need to report in the other thread. The rulesets are very similar, so posts for DCC are often relevant to MCC.

leozelig
September 19th, 2023, 14:55
I uploaded a fix for the Prone condition applying the wrong attack modifiers.

The following issues are for MCC, but posting here in response to #1033 above ;)

I couldn’t reproduce the other issues. The artifact check works for me.

Program and mutation checks also work fine for me. I’m assuming the players are using the action button for the respective powers and not trying to roll directly from the modifier field in the Technology section.

AltTab
September 20th, 2023, 00:01
Hey Leo, this problem persists for me on a table with no extensions.

1) the attack/damage line on the Combat Tracker is not working for NPCs; I have to open each NPC's sheet to make attacks and do damage; Saving Throws worked off the Combat Tracker; NPC spells work

leozelig
September 20th, 2023, 11:02
Hey Leo, this problem persists for me on a table with no extensions.

1) the attack/damage line on the Combat Tracker is not working for NPCs; I have to open each NPC's sheet to make attacks and do damage; Saving Throws worked off the Combat Tracker; NPC spells work

Thanks for the report AltTab. I moved the script file to a more logical file location, so I must have missed a reference to the previous location. I’ll get that fixed!

leozelig
September 22nd, 2023, 11:33
Uploaded a few fixes:

[Fixed] Console warning for missing 'usepower' icon.
[Fixed] NPC attacks not parsing from combat tracker.
[Fixed] Slash command '/funnel' not adding 'Farmer' occupation to char sheet.
[Added] Slash command '/funnel' generates chat message when wainwright's pushcart is empty.

leozelig
September 23rd, 2023, 15:34
I'm working on a slash command to generate a magic sword. You can specify the weapon type as a parameter (including non-swords) if you want. I mostly have it working, just need to work out a few kinks. A dragon generator is also on my list (/dragon), and possibly some other NPC generators.

(I uploaded a screenshot of a magic sword I made to Discord. The forums are not letting me add the image here.)

Tabarkus
September 27th, 2023, 21:24
Not a big issue but every time a thief toggles his Backstab button a message is sent to Chat: bTRUE or bFALSE; it still works as intended.

leozelig
September 28th, 2023, 17:24
Not a big issue but every time a thief toggles his Backstab button a message is sent to Chat: bTRUE or bFALSE; it still works as intended.

Thanks, Tab. I’ll clean that up for the next update, which will be ready in a few days. I’m working on the dragon generator now, just need to add a couple more tables for that.

leozelig
October 2nd, 2023, 02:18
Today's update has some fun new tools...

[Fixed] Debug value displays in chat window when toggling Backstab checkbox on char sheet Actions tab.
[Added] Slash command '/sword <type>' creates a magic sword (item) with optional parameter 'type' to specify a melee weapon (including weapons other than swords).
[Added] Slash command '/dragon <size>' creates a dragon (NPC) with optional parameter 'size' to specify the dragon size (see 'Table I: Dragon Size' for size options).

The generators are a lot of fun. I cannot imagine any DCC party surviving an encounter with an adult dragon, but it would be fun to try!

Tabarkus
October 2nd, 2023, 03:04
Dragons are truly frightening in DCC! Certainly not like their retarded cousins from D&D.

leozelig
October 3rd, 2023, 22:04
lol, I wouldn't want to meet up with anything other than a small dragon.

I did notice that '/dragon' can cause FG to freeze if you roll a duplicate result on one of the powers tables. I have identified the problem and will submit a fix tonight or tomorrow. If it happens, just force close FG and restart. It shouldn't cause any issues other than being fairly inconvenient.

I am also going to add a chat notification with the roll results for each dragon table. The notification is hidden from players, so you can create a dragon on the fly without alerting the party. Swords are much less complicated (unless you roll really well), so I don't think any chat notifications are needed there.

leozelig
October 11th, 2023, 22:40
I updated the dragon generator with a few things.

[Fixed] Dragon generator save action incorrect for dragon breath power.
[Updated] Dragon generator determines summon allies type automatically.
[Added] Dragon generator adds additional descriptive text for martial/unique powers on Notes tab of NPC record.

Specifically, the dragon breath power was flip-flopping Ref and Fort saves for the power action. The descriptive text is from the top of the martial/unique tables, stating how many powers per HD a dragon gets. I thought it was useful to clarify how these are assigned. I did a lot of debugging to check that all of the behind-the-scenes rolls were happening appropriately, but I tried to leave a trail of breadcrumbs in case you want to follow it and see where it leads ;)

leozelig
October 22nd, 2023, 13:48
I fixed a script error for invalid size parameters for the /dragon slash command.

Also updated the attack description so the [CRIT #] tag only shows for improved crit range.

The power record label is now set to the group name. It has been labeling everything 'Spells' lately.

leozelig
October 26th, 2023, 11:08
There is a script error for attack rolls dragged to the chat window. For some reason, the roll data for crit threshold gets converted from a number to a string when you drag the roll to chat, but not when you double click. This is generating a 'compare string with number' error. Anyway, I uploaded a fix this morning. Double clicking still works, so go with that until you get the update.

myron
November 2nd, 2023, 23:02
Leo, first thank you for all the work you've put into this. I am still working towards actually playing a live game in FG and DCC, trying to get comfortable with both first :). Messing around with creating a NPC, I keep getting Script execution errors when clicking the Edit button on the Powers tab:

[string "C:npc_powers:actions_iedit"]:14: attempt to call field 'updateDisplay' (a nil value)

I don't know enough to know whether this is me, FG, or the ruleset/module, but thought I'd ask. Thanks again!

leozelig
November 2nd, 2023, 23:48
Leo, first thank you for all the work you've put into this. I am still working towards actually playing a live game in FG and DCC, trying to get comfortable with both first :). Messing around with creating a NPC, I keep getting Script execution errors when clicking the Edit button on the Powers tab:

[string "C:npc_powers:actions_iedit"]:14: attempt to call field 'updateDisplay' (a nil value)

I don't know enough to know whether this is me, FG, or the ruleset/module, but thought I'd ask. Thanks again!

That is in fact a bug - I submitted a fix. If you need to delete a power or an action while waiting for the fix, you can right click and use the radial menu.

Good catch, myron! Thanks for the report.

Tabarkus
November 22nd, 2023, 12:19
Hey Leozelig, thanks for the new updates. I did notice with the last FGU update that the Cleric disapproval range does not reset on an overnight rest now. Certainly not game breaking but something to look at for the next update. I just want to say that I do play on a variety of vtt platforms though I only run games on Fantasy Grounds. Your ruleset integration for DCC into FGU is so far superior than anything else I don't see how people could choose any other platform for DCC. But each to their own. I appreciate the work you do keeping this ruleset running; it's provided me and my groups hours of fun!

leozelig
November 22nd, 2023, 13:33
Thank you, Tab! I was just noticing that the overnight rest was not restoring luck for thieves and halflings, but I missed the disapproval thing. There are a bunch of changes happening from Smiteworks, so I don't have control of the ruleset until the CoreRPG beta is over. I feel like features have a tendency to drop out of my ruleset during these CoreRPG updates, and I need to put them back in. I'm sure there's a good reason for the updates, but boy is it frustrating.

EDIT: I see that you reported this back in August. I totally forgot about it, but I will make it a priority when the ruleset is back in my hands.

Moon Wizard
November 23rd, 2023, 02:45
You should be able to make the edits directly to SVN still. Just give me a heads up of any submissions, and I'll push a new build to the Test channel while it's in the beta process.

Regards,
JPG

leozelig
November 23rd, 2023, 11:53
Thanks, JPG. I'll let you know if I update anything, but I'm planning to hold onto it for now in case anything else pops up.

Tabarkus
November 26th, 2023, 14:27
Hey Leo, is the tag to get extensions to work with Mutant Crawl Classics <MCC RPG>?

leozelig
November 27th, 2023, 11:36
Yes, that's correct. DCC RPG and MCC RPG are the ruleset names for extensions and modules.

leozelig
December 2nd, 2023, 12:45
I'm thinking about adding some fields for spellburn to the STAT LOSS dialog box (click details button in ABILITIES header to access). The idea is that temporary ability damage (from a spell or poison, not spellburn) can then be recoverable on an overnight rest. "Old" spellburn is recoverable if there is no "New" (i.e., same day) spellburn, otherwise, new spellburn gets added to old spellburn and reset to 0. I would create a chat message for all modifications to stat loss on an overnight rest in case you need to manually override something. Here is the rule from the book:

Ability scores lost in this way return as the wizard heals. Each day they do not attempt spellburn, they recover 1 point of ability score.

Let me know if you have any ideas for how you want this to work, or if you prefer the current system, which has no functionality currently due to the multipurpose use of the ability damage fields.

Tabarkus
December 2nd, 2023, 15:16
I like the separate fields for Temporary Stat damage and Spellburn; as I read the rule, temporary stat damage and spellburn can "heal" at the same time if the conditions are met. You might also consider making separate fields for Personality and Intelligence to cover "Battle Rage" from the warrior/dwarf crit tables. Again, as I read that rule it appears to treat that condition similarly to Spellburn in regards to stat recovery. The "old"/ "new" designator seems less useful to me since you would have to juggle the numbers back and forth manually unless you automated the entire Spellburning process. Or is that your intention to automate that process as well?

leozelig
December 2nd, 2023, 16:37
The "old"/ "new" designator seems less useful to me since you would have to juggle the numbers back and forth manually unless you automated the entire Spellburning process. Or is that your intention to automate that process as well?

Yes, “new” spellburn determines whether you can recover any stat loss from spellburn for the day. You only get it back if you haven’t spellburned that day, so the algorithm would be:

if new > 0 (you spellburned today) then
add all new spelburn to old spellburn

elseif old > 0 (you spelburned but not today) then
regain 1 point of stat loss

Is it possible to handle battle rage as an effect? I’ll have to look that one up.

Tabarkus
December 2nd, 2023, 20:17
Cool! I like it!

leozelig
December 19th, 2023, 18:37
Update submitted:

[Fixed] Class records not displaying deed die values in advancement table.
[Updated] Overnight rest generates chat notification for healing.
[Updated] Power record label set to 'Spells' if casting time is specified or 'Abilities' if not.
[Updated] Critical hit determination for two-weapon fighting.
[Added] New fields for tracking spellburn in Stat Loss dialog box.
[Added] Overnight rest resets disapproval range to 1 and restores ability damage, including spellburn and burned luck, with chat notification.

leozelig
December 19th, 2023, 18:50
For the new spellburn feature...

Record any "new" spellburn for the day in the New column.
When you take an overnight rest, any spellburn from that day will be added to the Old column, and nothing is recovered.
If you did not spellburn that day (New = 0), then you will recover 1 point of ability score from the Old column.

This check occurs independently for each ability score. I never really thought about it before, but the rule isn't totally clear to me on that. If you spellburn 1 point of Stamina and 1 point of Agility for the day, can you still recover 1 point of Strength since you didn't spellburn Strength that day? The FG ruleset says yes. If anyone has heard a definitive explanation on this, let me know.

Tabarkus
December 20th, 2023, 23:25
I think it is one of the "grey" rules which is interpreted different ways by different Judges. I rule it as you get a single ability score point back per rest, applied to the ability of your choice if you have burned multiple abilities. If you spellburn anything for the day you get nothing back.

I'll probably try it as you've written it, because automation is easier; we'll see what kind of difference it makes.

My players will likely prefer your interpretation.

leozelig
December 21st, 2023, 00:35
Ooo, that’s hardcore, Tab! The chat notification is there so you can reverse any changes you don’t want. Automation is tricky with ambiguous rules ;)

Tabarkus
December 23rd, 2023, 17:27
Feature request. NPC & PC Powers that use Ability Scores in a way that they currently use Saves; in order to use opposed Ability Score rolls, etc. The Powers we can currently make are based on Saving Throw rolls. Would you add the ability to have Ability Score Checks added to Powers in some way. We can currently make a "Check" roll using just an Ability Score but not a "Save". This would enable us to "push" Ability Score checks. This would be less useful for PCs vs NPCs since most NPCs don't have defined Ability Scores so it is mostly for NPCs.

leozelig
December 23rd, 2023, 18:41
True, the lack of monster ability scores is a little annoying to me considering that ability score damage is fairly common. I’m sure I could work ability scores in there easily enough. Thanks for the suggestion, Tab ;)

leozelig
December 24th, 2023, 12:25
I am working on a wiki (https://github.com/bwgibs/dcc-ruleset/wiki) for the ruleset. I think that will be more useful going forward than the user guide linked in the original post.

GregRex
December 24th, 2023, 14:22
We found a bug Thursday night in DCC:

Bug: Thieves are not triggering Crit Table II

Thanks!

leozelig
December 24th, 2023, 22:58
Thanks GregRex! I’ll see what I can do with that ;)

Tabarkus
December 25th, 2023, 12:36
hmm, I can't seem to reproduce the Thieves' Crit table not firing. It works with no extensions loaded. It fires on backstab, nat 20, and with the press of the crit button.

GregRex
December 25th, 2023, 12:59
Hmm, yep. I fired up a new session and it works. I tried several variations of rolling the attack dice to try to emulate what my player could have done, but I could not reproduce it. Go ahead and cancel that bug.

leozelig
December 25th, 2023, 16:04
Done ;)

Tabarkus
December 25th, 2023, 23:48
Hey GregRex; I kept thinking about this and the only way I've been able to duplicate it is when the player doesn't have their ruleset loaded. While this is unlikely it's an easy check and fix if so.

Tabarkus

We found a bug Thursday night in DCC:

Bug: Thieves are not triggering Crit Table II

Thanks!

leozelig
December 26th, 2023, 22:43
Hey Tab, I'm trying to figure out how to integrate ability checks into the actions interface for powers. Can you give an example of how you would use this? I'm trying to decide whether I can just add the ability score names to the string cycler for the save action to indicate an ability check (which is efficient but not intuitive). I don't see myself creating a new action type for ability checks.

Also want to plug the github wiki (https://github.com/bwgibs/dcc-ruleset/wiki) I am creating for the ruleset one more time. I added some images, looks nice.

Tabarkus
December 27th, 2023, 00:41
Yeah, I just imagined it going in the string cycler for the save action myself. I see myself using it for grapple checks, and other opposed ability checks, or environmental hazard checks that effect only one or a few party members; otherwise I use the group ability check on the Party Sheet.

leozelig
January 13th, 2024, 16:28
Update submitted...

[Updated] Save types for spells and powers now include ability scores, which trigger an ability check instead of a saving throw.
[Updated] Minor adjustment to column spacing for AC and saves on the main tab of the party sheet.

seansps
January 18th, 2024, 18:19
Hi leozelig!

I am seeing what seems like a possible bug, but I can't seem to figure out what is causing it. It could be a typo in my module/extension that I created. Here's what I observe:

- Using my Module (and extension to add spell actions for it) available here: https://www.realm15.com/s/ClericsOfTheKnownRealms-FantasyGrounds.zip
- When I add my custom class to level 3 for Cleric of Ildavir they do get the canticle "Thunderstrike" as expected
- Bug: For some reason, this canticle always increases the disapproval rating of the cleric even when they succeed. The table seems to be set up right to fail on the right range.

Any ideas?

leozelig
January 18th, 2024, 20:46
Hmm, that’s interesting. Does it work properly for other cleric spells & canticles? I can look at the extension over the weekend if it’s an isolated thing.

seansps
January 18th, 2024, 20:48
Hmm, that’s interesting. Does it work properly for other cleric spells & canticles? I can look at the extension over the weekend if it’s an isolated thing.

Thank you!

Yes, it seems to work for the others. To be clear, the extension is just adding spell parsing info to the canticles that my module adds.

leozelig
February 5th, 2024, 01:23
Thank you!

Yes, it seems to work for the others. To be clear, the extension is just adding spell parsing info to the canticles that my module adds.

I see what's happening. For some reason, the ruleset is unable to calculate the success threshold of 16. When this happens, it looks for the word 'failure' in the result text, which is included in every result for this canticle.

If you open the power record, does it say level 3?
When you cast it, does the chat notification include the [SPELL] label?

I'm not really sure why it's not picking that up, but worst case scenario, avoiding the word failure in the results table will fix it.

leozelig
February 5th, 2024, 01:24
Small update submitted:

[Fixed] Ability score displayed on char sheet not accounting for spellburn.
[Updated] Spellburn recovery requires no spellburn of ANY ability for that day.

seansps
February 5th, 2024, 01:38
I see what's happening. For some reason, the ruleset is unable to calculate the success threshold of 16. When this happens, it looks for the word 'failure' in the result text, which is included in every result for this canticle.

If you open the power record, does it say level 3?
When you cast it, does the chat notification include the [SPELL] label?

I'm not really sure why it's not picking that up, but worst case scenario, avoiding the word failure in the results table will fix it.

Awesome thanks I’ll try that!

Ponggoleechee
February 27th, 2024, 06:19
How do I use the custom disapproval? It would be nice if I could just link an existing table.

leozelig
February 27th, 2024, 10:37
How do I use the custom disapproval? It would be nice if I could just link an existing table.

Enter the table name, which is case sensitive. I can make it a link, that’s not a bad idea.

leozelig
March 6th, 2024, 11:24
For the next update, I'm working on some upgrades to the magic sword generator, including an optional parameter for sword bonus, for example `/sword +2`. I am also adding a table link to the custom disapproval table field. The roll still references the table name, so nothing will change if you don't have a table link.

leozelig
March 9th, 2024, 17:43
Update submitted. Most of these are improvements to the magic sword generator. I also added a table link for the custom disapproval table field for clerics. Dropping the table to a blank field will automatically add the table name, and clearing the link (right click on name) will delete the name.

[Fixed] Range effects (medium or long) not reported in attack description.
[Updated] Slash command /sword accepts optional parameter for sword bonus.
[Updated] Magic sword generator avoids duplicate rolls for special purpose and powers.
[Updated] Magic sword generator adds a bane effect for 'slay' special purpose.
[Updated] Magic sword generator reports roll results in chat.
[Updated] Slash command /funnel opens character sheet on character creation.
[Added] Optional table link for custom disapproval table field in Magic Meta window.

Let me know if you have any questions or issues.

leozelig
March 16th, 2024, 19:08
Minor update:

[Updated] Dragging 'Table 1-2: Luck Score' roll result from chat to lucky roll field on char sheet automatically appends starting Luck modifier for 0-level characters.
[Fixed] Slash command /sword allowed duplicate special purposes for secondary rolls.

The character sheet doesn't have a field for your starting Luck modifier, so including this in the Lucky Roll description takes care of that. The /funnel command does this automatically, which is really the best way to generate a 0-level character in my opinion.

The magic sword generator is a ton of fun if you haven't tried it. The format is:

/sword <type> <bonus>

Examples:
/sword = a magic sword with random bonus
/sword +2 = a +2 magic sword
/sword battleaxe = a magic battleaxe with random bonus
/sword polearm +3 = a +3 magic polearm

Ponggoleechee
April 23rd, 2024, 03:50
Thanks for the update.

What's the point of the old and new spellburn? Also, the spellburn entries reduce ability scores as expected, but for some reason the modifier isn't affected. This really seems like a bug.

leozelig
April 23rd, 2024, 10:58
Thanks for the update.

What's the point of the old and new spellburn? Also, the spellburn entries reduce ability scores as expected, but for some reason the modifier isn't affected. This really seems like a bug.

That is a bug. I’ll check it out.

‘New’ spellburn is for the same day, and ‘Old’ is for previous days. It automatically transfers from new to old on an overnight rest, or you can do it manually. You don’t recover ability score loss on days you spellburn, so that’s the relevance of the 2 categories.

Ponggoleechee
April 24th, 2024, 00:10
Thanks for the quick reply. Now that I know what it's for, the old and new spellburn is quite convenient.

Could you please add an option for grudge tokens, like from the Dying Earth rules. Essentially, when you roll a nat 1 on an attack, spell, skill, saving throw, etc.; you gain 1 token which you can use to re-roll dice. Initiative and luck checks don't count. When you roll a nat 20, you lose all your grudge tokens. I use grudge tokens in all my games, so it would be awesome if rolling would automatically add/remove FLUK.

Also, mercurial magic should still display on a failed check. Since plenty of mercurial magic results have an effect before rolling, RAI seems to be that mercurial magic still affects failed spell checks.

leozelig
April 24th, 2024, 01:00
I didn’t realize that about mercurial magic. The grudge tokens would be a good idea for an extension.

leozelig
April 24th, 2024, 01:28
Update submitted:

[Fixed] Ability modifier text on char sheet not accounting for spellburn.
[Updated] Mercurial magic effects display in chat regardless of spell check result.