PDA

View Full Version : Dungeon Crawl Classics Role Playing Game Ruleset - Bug reports, feedback, etc..

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

pjm1923
November 23rd, 2021, 01:48
Hehe :D indeed- I forgot to mention *how* to add the custom effects on the character's copy of the spell, so your response is still relevant! Let us know if you're still struggling, PJ.

Thank you all so much - you’re the best! I’ll give these a try for sure.

This forum is made up of the most supportive and helpful online community members anywhere. Happy Holidays (I know, I’m early but they’re coming…warp speed ahead) to each and every one of you.
PJ

Ramza
December 1st, 2021, 02:24
Woo! Glad to see another module go up on the store. I do not remember if I posted this already but I may have found a bug:

If you have the setting where initiative is rolled automatically when an npc is added to the combat tracker it does not take the d16 initiative into account. This can be just dropping them on the CT or adding them through an encounter. If you roll their initiative manually or through the "roll npc initiative" menu it does work properly.

leozelig
December 1st, 2021, 12:06
Woo! Glad to see another module go up on the store. I do not remember if I posted this already but I may have found a bug:

If you have the setting where initiative is rolled automatically when an npc is added to the combat tracker it does not take the d16 initiative into account. This can be just dropping them on the CT or adding them through an encounter. If you roll their initiative manually or through the "roll npc initiative" menu it does work properly.

Thanks Ramza! I will put that on my list for the next update.

Tabarkus
December 9th, 2021, 17:16
Hey Leo, I think I have discovered another bug. When creating Custom Effects that last for more than 1 round the Effect Duration counts down by 2 every round instead of just 1 per round. So if an Effect Duration is set for 1 or 2 rounds it expires at the end of 1 round; if duration is set for 3 or 4 rounds it expires at the end of 2 rounds. I tested this on a clean load with no extensions.

It does the double count down on spell effects too, so it seems universal. I tried both friendly buff spells on allies and debuffs on enemies.

leozelig
December 9th, 2021, 19:16
That is definitely a bug. I fixed it a few weeks ago, but all ruleset updates are on hold for the CoreRPG changes (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?71007-Beta-Release-2021-11-Ruleset-Updates) currently in beta. Sorry about the trouble - I think the Test channel is running the bug fix. If not, then it will just have to wait until I get the go-ahead to update the ruleset.

While we're on the topic, I have a few other updates in the works:
* Duration added to "onHover" display for mini actions - useful for judges running NPCs with spells that have lots of effects.
* Slash command /funnel adds contents of pushcart.
* Slash command /funnel updates max ammo in weapons list.
* 'Unable to find table' error message now includes table name.
* Improved parsing of NPC special properties for resistance, immunity, and vulnerability.

leozelig
December 9th, 2021, 19:18
Are you still running a regular game, Tab? I have some extra time these days, wouldn't mind playing some DCC if you have space.

Tabarkus
December 9th, 2021, 20:03
I'm running a regular game on Wednesday nights, starting 7:30 pm EST; currently have 4-5 players. You're welcome to join. I'm usually running published adventures with few modifications. Currently we are about half way through The Emerald Enchanter. The party is roughly 2nd-3rd level. My players each have a stable of characters so they don't always run the same characters and have been running two characters at a time most of the time. If we go to 6 players I'll likely drop it down to one character per player with maybe a 0-level henchman. Legacy characters are welcome (while reserving the right to deny specific magic items).

leozelig
December 9th, 2021, 20:11
Awesome! I will message you on Discord, and maybe you can make some space for me :D

leozelig
December 14th, 2021, 18:01
I'm making good progress on parsing actions from custom spells. For example, when you drop a custom spell to the Actions tab on your char sheet, the ruleset will recognize the phrase 'DC 15 Reflex save' and add the appropriate save action for that. I've finished saves, damage, healing, and some effects (DMG, DMGO, and conditions). There might be some imperfections or duplications, but it will be better than nothing. Currently, only the core rules spells automatically add actions, and those are coded into the ruleset. The core rules are a good starting point for formatting guidelines, but I plan to post a thread with most of the trigger phrases in case that's not working for you.

leozelig
December 16th, 2021, 16:35
Thinking about revisiting an automatic increase in disapproval range. In the past, my concern has been that the extra automation would be confusing because you don't really see it happening, but a chat message might help with that...

leozelig
December 16th, 2021, 16:37
I'm hoping to submit an update to the ruleset tomorrow, or early next week at the latest! I have a couple last-minute additions to work in.

joltblaster
December 17th, 2021, 18:53
How do you easily create 0-level characters for a funnel?

Thanks in advance.

leozelig
December 17th, 2021, 20:51
Hi joltblaster! If you are running the game, create your campaign and load it, then type the following command in chat:

/funnel 4

…or however many zeroes you want.

If you are playing, you can create a new campaign, use the command above, and then import them after you connect to the judge’s server. Or, just have the judge use the /funnel command and append your username like so:

/funnel 4 leozelig

That will create 4 zeroes assigned to user ‘leozelig’.

Let me know if that doesn’t answer your question, and I can walk you through it some more.

joltblaster
December 17th, 2021, 21:04
I am doing something wrong. I have tried it in a new campaign and it does recognize the /funnel command. I checked and I am running DCC RPG ruleset 1.1.2.

leozelig
December 18th, 2021, 03:15
Are you running Fantasy Grounds Unity? The latest release of the ruleset is version 2021-09-13, so maybe that’s the issue. You can download FGU here:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/home/FantasyGroundsUnity.php

If that doesn’t fix it, let me know.

joltblaster
December 18th, 2021, 03:26
I am running Unity. Just pulled updates yesterday prior to playing in a game. Core RPG v2021-11-15, DCC RPG v1.1.2, CoreRPG Large Fonts. Only module loaded is the DCC Guide and the Players Guide. I have created four different Campaigns and they all act like they do not understand that /funnel command.

leozelig
December 18th, 2021, 12:22
That info helps a lot - thank you. The problem is that your DCC ruleset is not updating. That version of the ruleset was released in Feb 2020. Contact Smiteworks support and they should be able to resolve the issue for you. The latest version of the DCC ruleset is v2021-09-13, and another update is coming soon.

leozelig
December 18th, 2021, 13:56
The latest update has been submitted and is expected to hit the Live channel on 12-28-2021.

DCC RPG v2021-12-17 (release 17)
[Fixed] Combat tracker effect durations decreasing by 2 each round.
[Fixed] Wrong casting table result displays when spell check roll is not a natural 1 but total is less than or equal to 1 due to modifiers.
[Fixed] Script error when dragging an attack roll from chat window to combat tracker or token target.
[Fixed] NPCs dropped to combat tracker do not roll d16 initiative die when option selected on NPC record.
[Fixed] ‘Armor Class:’ label truncated in Combat Calc dialog box linked on Main tab of char sheet. Label reverted to ‘Armor:’.
[Fixed] Primeval slime NPC record missing link to slime color table on Notes tab.
[Fixed] Minor typos and formatting errors in the core rules module.
[Updated] Duration added to onHover display for mini action buttons.
[Updated] Slash command /funnel automatically adds pushcart contents to inventory with location ‘Pushcart’.
[Updated] Slash command /funnel automatically adjusts max ammo value in weapon list for ranged and thrown weapons.
[Updated] ‘Unable to find table’ error message now includes table name.
[Updated] Improved parsing of NPC special properties for resistance, vulnerability, and immunity effects when dropped to combat tracker.
[Updated] Disapproval range automatically increases on cleric spell check failure with chat message notification.
[Updated] Base spell check field is rollable. A d10 is rolled if base spell check calculation does not specify a spell stat (ie, PC is not a spellcaster) in Magic Meta dialog box linked on Actions tab of char sheet.
[Updated] Items with type (or subtype) equal to ‘magic item’ are unidentified when dropped from data module to Inventory tab on char sheet.
[Added] Actions parsing for custom spells. See forum thread for details.
[Added] Tables to core rules module for starting gold by class and corruption, manifestation, and misfire for individual spells.
[Added] Dragging a table to the corruption or misfire field on a spell record creates a link to the table (intended for linking corruption and misfire tables).
[Added] Modifier button created for d16 initiative die (when two-handed weapon equipped). This is redundant with existing methods for indicating a d16 initiative die on char sheet and NPC record (ie, does not "stack").

joltblaster
December 18th, 2021, 15:54
I deleted the file from my vault and restarted the program. It downloaded a new GGDCC file but I still have the same issue. I will see if I can the support email and have them take a look. Thanks for all the help and hardwork.

leozelig
December 18th, 2021, 16:01
No problem! Support should be able to clear up the updater issue and get everything working for you.

Moon Wizard
December 18th, 2021, 19:02
Also, check that you don't have a DCC RPG subfolder or DCC RPG.pak under the rulesets folder of your FG data folder. Those will override any vault downloads.

Regards,
JPG

joltblaster
December 20th, 2021, 01:14
I did indeed have that hiding in a ruleset folder. Was that the community version? I have no idea where it would have come from.

leozelig
December 20th, 2021, 02:05
I did indeed have that hiding in a ruleset folder. Was that the community version? I have no idea where it would have come from.

Probably. Thanks to JPG for the suggestion, I hadn’t considered that possibility! Hopefully things run smoothly for you from here ;)

joltblaster
December 20th, 2021, 18:21
Cleaning up old files definitely helped. The funnel command worked immediately so now I need to track down a good tutorial on how best to run the 'Sailors' mod. I am coming from DND5e as a GM and DCC just feels different.

leozelig
December 20th, 2021, 19:44
Cleaning up old files definitely helped. The funnel command worked immediately so now I need to track down a good tutorial on how best to run the 'Sailors' mod. I am coming from DND5e as a GM and DCC just feels different.

Ah, a DCC classic! Funnels are challenging to run, but definitely something every DCC fan should experience. I found the last encounter the most difficult to pull off. FG helps, but funnels are still tricky. Click the blog entry under my avatar for a few tips. The DCC channel on the FG Discord server generated some discussion along those lines a couple months ago as well.

If you aren’t thrilled by the funnel, try a level 1 adventure. Funnels are different animals, no question.

leozelig
December 23rd, 2021, 21:53
Found a few bugs in my latest update, which is currently in the Test channel:

[Fixed] Script error if casting table result not found.
[Fixed] Slash command /funnel not calculating AC when appropriate.
[Fixed] Weapon entry clears damage dice if Backstab checkbox is selected but weapon does not specify backstab damage (eg, 1d4/1d10 for dagger).
[Fixed] Missing table error message not displaying for critical hit and fumble dice rolls.
[Fixed] Rolls from desktop with negative dice swap modifier (-1D or -2D) display extra minus sign in chat message.

leozelig
January 1st, 2022, 16:53
I'm thinking of adding a roll button for the luck die to the main tab of the char sheet. It would only be visible when the luck die field (currently "hidden" in the details dialog box) has a die in it. You would still need to open the details to apply the luck burn, so I don't know how useful this is.

I'm also re-organizing the data structure with hopes of creating compatibility for importing DCC chars to MCC. You can do that now, although I haven't tested it thoroughly and some of the fields definitely do not translate.

Tabarkus
January 3rd, 2022, 15:39
I also noticed the Grouped Zocchi Dice extension has lost the d3 die; it's still accessible under the d6 but it is no longer in the grouped die.

leozelig
January 3rd, 2022, 16:24
I also noticed the Grouped Zocchi Dice extension has lost the d3 die; it's still accessible under the d6 but it is no longer in the grouped die.

I noticed that after I uploaded it, but I submitted a new version a couple days ago with the d3 so it will be back in there very soon.

Tabarkus
January 12th, 2022, 18:08
With yesterday's update auto Disapproval is not working at all. The range does not increase with failure on spells, turning, lay on hands, or divine aid. The auto-roll disapproval does not work with the default or custom tables. Verified toggle switch is on in options.

leozelig
January 12th, 2022, 18:37
With yesterday's update auto Disapproval is not working at all. The range does not increase with failure on spells, turning, lay on hands, or divine aid. The auto-roll disapproval does not work with the default or custom tables. Verified toggle switch is on in options.

Huh, I will take a look at it. It was definitely working for me, but I will check it out.

EDIT: My fault, I uploaded a fix for next Tuesday. Thanks for the report!

Tabarkus
January 14th, 2022, 01:55
Noted a few typos.
On the Crit Table M: Monsters; the 9 result does not have it's +1d8 damage bracketed so it doesn't auto roll the damage for that result.
On Crit Table DR: Dragons numbers 23 and 26, but these may be this way due to needing multiple rolls (23) and Ongoing DMG (26).
On Crit Table G: Giants number 8 is missing brackets.
On Crit Table U: Undead number 16 is missing brackets on the 2d6.

leozelig
January 14th, 2022, 13:05
Thanks Tab! That’s exactly what I’m working on for the next update. I’m also going to add some spell-related items and NPCs - divine symbols, the wood wyrding serpents and serpent-staff, portal guardians, etc.

EDIT: You were correct about Crit Table DR. In result 23, the damage is 1d14 for each of the 1d3+1 limbs lost, and in result 26, you roll 3d8 damage each round. Good catches on the other ones ;)