PDA

View Full Version : Dungeon Crawl Classics Role Playing Game Ruleset - Bug reports, feedback, etc..

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5

pjm1923
November 23rd, 2021, 00:48
Hehe :D indeed- I forgot to mention *how* to add the custom effects on the character's copy of the spell, so your response is still relevant! Let us know if you're still struggling, PJ.

Thank you all so much - you’re the best! I’ll give these a try for sure.

This forum is made up of the most supportive and helpful online community members anywhere. Happy Holidays (I know, I’m early but they’re coming…warp speed ahead) to each and every one of you.
PJ

Ramza
December 1st, 2021, 01:24
Woo! Glad to see another module go up on the store. I do not remember if I posted this already but I may have found a bug:

If you have the setting where initiative is rolled automatically when an npc is added to the combat tracker it does not take the d16 initiative into account. This can be just dropping them on the CT or adding them through an encounter. If you roll their initiative manually or through the "roll npc initiative" menu it does work properly.

leozelig
December 1st, 2021, 11:06
Woo! Glad to see another module go up on the store. I do not remember if I posted this already but I may have found a bug:

If you have the setting where initiative is rolled automatically when an npc is added to the combat tracker it does not take the d16 initiative into account. This can be just dropping them on the CT or adding them through an encounter. If you roll their initiative manually or through the "roll npc initiative" menu it does work properly.

Thanks Ramza! I will put that on my list for the next update.

Tabarkus
December 9th, 2021, 16:16
Hey Leo, I think I have discovered another bug. When creating Custom Effects that last for more than 1 round the Effect Duration counts down by 2 every round instead of just 1 per round. So if an Effect Duration is set for 1 or 2 rounds it expires at the end of 1 round; if duration is set for 3 or 4 rounds it expires at the end of 2 rounds. I tested this on a clean load with no extensions.

It does the double count down on spell effects too, so it seems universal. I tried both friendly buff spells on allies and debuffs on enemies.

leozelig
December 9th, 2021, 18:16
That is definitely a bug. I fixed it a few weeks ago, but all ruleset updates are on hold for the CoreRPG changes (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?71007-Beta-Release-2021-11-Ruleset-Updates) currently in beta. Sorry about the trouble - I think the Test channel is running the bug fix. If not, then it will just have to wait until I get the go-ahead to update the ruleset.

While we're on the topic, I have a few other updates in the works:
* Duration added to "onHover" display for mini actions - useful for judges running NPCs with spells that have lots of effects.
* Slash command /funnel adds contents of pushcart.
* Slash command /funnel updates max ammo in weapons list.
* 'Unable to find table' error message now includes table name.
* Improved parsing of NPC special properties for resistance, immunity, and vulnerability.

leozelig
December 9th, 2021, 18:18
Are you still running a regular game, Tab? I have some extra time these days, wouldn't mind playing some DCC if you have space.

Tabarkus
December 9th, 2021, 19:03
I'm running a regular game on Wednesday nights, starting 7:30 pm EST; currently have 4-5 players. You're welcome to join. I'm usually running published adventures with few modifications. Currently we are about half way through The Emerald Enchanter. The party is roughly 2nd-3rd level. My players each have a stable of characters so they don't always run the same characters and have been running two characters at a time most of the time. If we go to 6 players I'll likely drop it down to one character per player with maybe a 0-level henchman. Legacy characters are welcome (while reserving the right to deny specific magic items).

leozelig
December 9th, 2021, 19:11
Awesome! I will message you on Discord, and maybe you can make some space for me :D

leozelig
December 14th, 2021, 17:01
I'm making good progress on parsing actions from custom spells. For example, when you drop a custom spell to the Actions tab on your char sheet, the ruleset will recognize the phrase 'DC 15 Reflex save' and add the appropriate save action for that. I've finished saves, damage, healing, and some effects (DMG, DMGO, and conditions). There might be some imperfections or duplications, but it will be better than nothing. Currently, only the core rules spells automatically add actions, and those are coded into the ruleset. The core rules are a good starting point for formatting guidelines, but I plan to post a thread with most of the trigger phrases in case that's not working for you.

leozelig
December 16th, 2021, 15:35
Thinking about revisiting an automatic increase in disapproval range. In the past, my concern has been that the extra automation would be confusing because you don't really see it happening, but a chat message might help with that...

leozelig
December 16th, 2021, 15:37
I'm hoping to submit an update to the ruleset tomorrow, or early next week at the latest! I have a couple last-minute additions to work in.

joltblaster
December 17th, 2021, 17:53
How do you easily create 0-level characters for a funnel?

Thanks in advance.

leozelig
December 17th, 2021, 19:51
Hi joltblaster! If you are running the game, create your campaign and load it, then type the following command in chat:

/funnel 4

…or however many zeroes you want.

If you are playing, you can create a new campaign, use the command above, and then import them after you connect to the judge’s server. Or, just have the judge use the /funnel command and append your username like so:

/funnel 4 leozelig

That will create 4 zeroes assigned to user ‘leozelig’.

Let me know if that doesn’t answer your question, and I can walk you through it some more.

joltblaster
December 17th, 2021, 20:04
I am doing something wrong. I have tried it in a new campaign and it does recognize the /funnel command. I checked and I am running DCC RPG ruleset 1.1.2.

leozelig
December 18th, 2021, 02:15
Are you running Fantasy Grounds Unity? The latest release of the ruleset is version 2021-09-13, so maybe that’s the issue. You can download FGU here:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/home/FantasyGroundsUnity.php

If that doesn’t fix it, let me know.

joltblaster
December 18th, 2021, 02:26
I am running Unity. Just pulled updates yesterday prior to playing in a game. Core RPG v2021-11-15, DCC RPG v1.1.2, CoreRPG Large Fonts. Only module loaded is the DCC Guide and the Players Guide. I have created four different Campaigns and they all act like they do not understand that /funnel command.

leozelig
December 18th, 2021, 11:22
That info helps a lot - thank you. The problem is that your DCC ruleset is not updating. That version of the ruleset was released in Feb 2020. Contact Smiteworks support and they should be able to resolve the issue for you. The latest version of the DCC ruleset is v2021-09-13, and another update is coming soon.

leozelig
December 18th, 2021, 12:56
The latest update has been submitted and is expected to hit the Live channel on 12-28-2021.

DCC RPG v2021-12-17 (release 17)
[Fixed] Combat tracker effect durations decreasing by 2 each round.
[Fixed] Wrong casting table result displays when spell check roll is not a natural 1 but total is less than or equal to 1 due to modifiers.
[Fixed] Script error when dragging an attack roll from chat window to combat tracker or token target.
[Fixed] NPCs dropped to combat tracker do not roll d16 initiative die when option selected on NPC record.
[Fixed] ‘Armor Class:’ label truncated in Combat Calc dialog box linked on Main tab of char sheet. Label reverted to ‘Armor:’.
[Fixed] Primeval slime NPC record missing link to slime color table on Notes tab.
[Fixed] Minor typos and formatting errors in the core rules module.
[Updated] Duration added to onHover display for mini action buttons.
[Updated] Slash command /funnel automatically adds pushcart contents to inventory with location ‘Pushcart’.
[Updated] Slash command /funnel automatically adjusts max ammo value in weapon list for ranged and thrown weapons.
[Updated] ‘Unable to find table’ error message now includes table name.
[Updated] Improved parsing of NPC special properties for resistance, vulnerability, and immunity effects when dropped to combat tracker.
[Updated] Disapproval range automatically increases on cleric spell check failure with chat message notification.
[Updated] Base spell check field is rollable. A d10 is rolled if base spell check calculation does not specify a spell stat (ie, PC is not a spellcaster) in Magic Meta dialog box linked on Actions tab of char sheet.
[Updated] Items with type (or subtype) equal to ‘magic item’ are unidentified when dropped from data module to Inventory tab on char sheet.
[Added] Actions parsing for custom spells. See forum thread for details.
[Added] Tables to core rules module for starting gold by class and corruption, manifestation, and misfire for individual spells.
[Added] Dragging a table to the corruption or misfire field on a spell record creates a link to the table (intended for linking corruption and misfire tables).
[Added] Modifier button created for d16 initiative die (when two-handed weapon equipped). This is redundant with existing methods for indicating a d16 initiative die on char sheet and NPC record (ie, does not "stack").

joltblaster
December 18th, 2021, 14:54
I deleted the file from my vault and restarted the program. It downloaded a new GGDCC file but I still have the same issue. I will see if I can the support email and have them take a look. Thanks for all the help and hardwork.

leozelig
December 18th, 2021, 15:01
No problem! Support should be able to clear up the updater issue and get everything working for you.

Moon Wizard
December 18th, 2021, 18:02
Also, check that you don't have a DCC RPG subfolder or DCC RPG.pak under the rulesets folder of your FG data folder. Those will override any vault downloads.

Regards,
JPG

joltblaster
December 20th, 2021, 00:14
I did indeed have that hiding in a ruleset folder. Was that the community version? I have no idea where it would have come from.

leozelig
December 20th, 2021, 01:05
I did indeed have that hiding in a ruleset folder. Was that the community version? I have no idea where it would have come from.

Probably. Thanks to JPG for the suggestion, I hadn’t considered that possibility! Hopefully things run smoothly for you from here ;)

joltblaster
December 20th, 2021, 17:21
Cleaning up old files definitely helped. The funnel command worked immediately so now I need to track down a good tutorial on how best to run the 'Sailors' mod. I am coming from DND5e as a GM and DCC just feels different.

leozelig
December 20th, 2021, 18:44
Cleaning up old files definitely helped. The funnel command worked immediately so now I need to track down a good tutorial on how best to run the 'Sailors' mod. I am coming from DND5e as a GM and DCC just feels different.

Ah, a DCC classic! Funnels are challenging to run, but definitely something every DCC fan should experience. I found the last encounter the most difficult to pull off. FG helps, but funnels are still tricky. Click the blog entry under my avatar for a few tips. The DCC channel on the FG Discord server generated some discussion along those lines a couple months ago as well.

If you aren’t thrilled by the funnel, try a level 1 adventure. Funnels are different animals, no question.

leozelig
December 23rd, 2021, 20:53
Found a few bugs in my latest update, which is currently in the Test channel:

[Fixed] Script error if casting table result not found.
[Fixed] Slash command /funnel not calculating AC when appropriate.
[Fixed] Weapon entry clears damage dice if Backstab checkbox is selected but weapon does not specify backstab damage (eg, 1d4/1d10 for dagger).
[Fixed] Missing table error message not displaying for critical hit and fumble dice rolls.
[Fixed] Rolls from desktop with negative dice swap modifier (-1D or -2D) display extra minus sign in chat message.

leozelig
January 1st, 2022, 15:53
I'm thinking of adding a roll button for the luck die to the main tab of the char sheet. It would only be visible when the luck die field (currently "hidden" in the details dialog box) has a die in it. You would still need to open the details to apply the luck burn, so I don't know how useful this is.

I'm also re-organizing the data structure with hopes of creating compatibility for importing DCC chars to MCC. You can do that now, although I haven't tested it thoroughly and some of the fields definitely do not translate.

Tabarkus
January 3rd, 2022, 14:39
I also noticed the Grouped Zocchi Dice extension has lost the d3 die; it's still accessible under the d6 but it is no longer in the grouped die.

leozelig
January 3rd, 2022, 15:24
I also noticed the Grouped Zocchi Dice extension has lost the d3 die; it's still accessible under the d6 but it is no longer in the grouped die.

I noticed that after I uploaded it, but I submitted a new version a couple days ago with the d3 so it will be back in there very soon.

Tabarkus
January 12th, 2022, 17:08
With yesterday's update auto Disapproval is not working at all. The range does not increase with failure on spells, turning, lay on hands, or divine aid. The auto-roll disapproval does not work with the default or custom tables. Verified toggle switch is on in options.

leozelig
January 12th, 2022, 17:37
With yesterday's update auto Disapproval is not working at all. The range does not increase with failure on spells, turning, lay on hands, or divine aid. The auto-roll disapproval does not work with the default or custom tables. Verified toggle switch is on in options.

Huh, I will take a look at it. It was definitely working for me, but I will check it out.

EDIT: My fault, I uploaded a fix for next Tuesday. Thanks for the report!

Tabarkus
January 14th, 2022, 00:55
Noted a few typos.
On the Crit Table M: Monsters; the 9 result does not have it's +1d8 damage bracketed so it doesn't auto roll the damage for that result.
On Crit Table DR: Dragons numbers 23 and 26, but these may be this way due to needing multiple rolls (23) and Ongoing DMG (26).
On Crit Table G: Giants number 8 is missing brackets.
On Crit Table U: Undead number 16 is missing brackets on the 2d6.

leozelig
January 14th, 2022, 12:05
Thanks Tab! That’s exactly what I’m working on for the next update. I’m also going to add some spell-related items and NPCs - divine symbols, the wood wyrding serpents and serpent-staff, portal guardians, etc.

EDIT: You were correct about Crit Table DR. In result 23, the damage is 1d14 for each of the 1d3+1 limbs lost, and in result 26, you roll 3d8 damage each round. Good catches on the other ones ;)

leozelig
January 22nd, 2022, 13:46
For the next update, I'm working on improving patron features on the char sheet, specifically being able to track patron taint. I am also reviewing actions parsing for core rules spells to make them more readable. I've noticed this is very difficult for new or occasional users of Fantasy Grounds, and DCC spell results can be incredibly chaotic with tons of different effects depending on the roll result. I'm going to group save, damage, heal, and effect actions instead of listing everything in order of appearance in the results table. For effects, I will stick to the order of appearance thing in most cases, but some spells like blessing and cause earthquake definitely benefit from additional grouping for effect actions. Here's a simple example for paralysis, which has the "charged" effects separated from the actual paralysis effects. I think it's easier to sort through the durations this way and find what you need. I suspect this will still be challenging for inexperienced FG users, but hopefully it's an improvement.

leozelig
January 28th, 2022, 13:29
The next update is ready to go. I will post a list when it's submitted. I reviewed the core rules reference manual and updated some of the formatting, including the table frames, in hopes of replicating the actual core rulebook a little better. That's an impossible goal with all of the margin art, but I did add some of the smaller pieces of art in places. Here's a screenshot of the new table frame:

leozelig
January 28th, 2022, 16:17
Update 2022-01-28 (release 18) submitted:

[Fixed] Disapproval range on Actions tab not hidden in ‘Combat’ mode if value is 0.
[Fixed] Serpent-man language parsing into two languages (Serpent and Man) on level advancement.
[Updated] Reorganized database for improved compatibility with MCC RPG.
[Updated] Level advancement considers Int score when adjusting known spells for wizards (including bonus spells at level 1) and max spell level for clerics and wizards.
[Updated] Disapproval automatically increases by 10 for divine aid spell checks.
[Updated] Spell actions data reorganized for core rules spells. Note: Players must reparse existing spells to apply (not required).
[Updated] Formatting improved for core rules reference manual.
[Added] Patron list to Notes tab (split from Deity section). Players may adjust patron taint chance under details dialog box for each patron and add patron taint to designated list sorted by roll result.
[Added] Damage triggers concentration check (DC 11 Will save) when ‘(C)’ is appended to effect description (similar to 5E).
[Added] Starting gold tables for each class.
[Added] Several art assets to core rules reference manual.

This usually hits the Test channel the following Tuesday (Feb 1-2022) and the Live channel the following week (Feb 8-2022) if no issues.

leozelig
January 28th, 2022, 16:27
And finally, here is a look at the patron list and patron taint checks in action. The actual check does not generate a dice roll animation to avoid too much chaos in the chat window. Spell checks generate enough notifications already!

Tabarkus
February 2nd, 2022, 02:50
SCRATCH ALL THIS! I think the errors are due to the fact that I was using the DCC Urban Adventures extension.

The Update went to Live. I'm getting errors on weapons, button rolls don't work. Log reads: [ERROR] windowcontrol: Database type mismatch on path (attack) in control (attack) in class (charsheet_main); [WARNING] template: Could not find template (number_chartotalabilityscore) in class (charsheet_main); and [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "campaign/scripts/manager_char_weapon.lua"]:323: attempt to perform arithmetic on a nil value. For every character.

There are no attack or damage bonuses in the fields on the Actions Tab. 51280
Though the damage roll works; the display field is empty.
The attack roll field is 0 and it throws the above script error when you use it.
Spells work properly.

I tried replacing a character on the combat tracker and replacing specific weapons on the character sheet. Neither solved the problem.
I created a brand new character and it displays and works properly. So this only effects existing characters.

I also get the following error when opening the Metadata window for Magic: [ERROR] windowcontrol: Database type mismatch on path (spellcheck.armor) in control (spellarmor) in class (char_magicmeta_main)

Another error with Mercurial Magic display from character sheet. [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "scripts/manager_action_power.lua"]:438: attempt to index global 'sMercurialMessage' (a nil value)

Tabarkus
February 2nd, 2022, 03:57
Ok, now for the errors without any extensions :)

Clerics: the divine abilities Divine Aid, Lay on Hands, and Turn Unholy; when a successful roll is made using one of these abilities the chatbox display is the results from one of the cleric's spells not the proper ability output.

In fact all spells and abilities that require a "cast" roll are cross-referencing another spell or ability, for all classes. Even Custom abilities. I tried reparsing the spell/ability and that didn't help.

The error with Mercurial Magic display from character sheet persists. [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "scripts/manager_action_power.lua"]:438: attempt to index global 'sMercurialMessage' (a nil value). And the spell results do not display to the chatbox. When the Mercurial Magic ouput field is empty the spell output displays properly.

I also still get the following error when opening the Metadata window for Magic: [ERROR] windowcontrol: Database type mismatch on path (spellcheck.armor) in control (spellarmor) in class (char_magicmeta_main)

The Crit die field is only registering as a d4 on Crit Table I regardless of what table and die are placed in the field. Hovering over the field may read "d14" but it rolls a d4. I tried replacing the die and it didn't help. [The Fumble die and Mighty Deed of Arms die work properly.]

RaSepReTep
February 2nd, 2022, 06:55
I can confirm that I'm getting the same thing. We didn't test all spell "cast" rolls after the first two (just did it manually), but he cleric was casting Detect Evil whether he was using Lay on Hands or Turn Undead.

leozelig
February 2nd, 2022, 13:30
Thanks guys, I'll check it out and get a hotfix out asap.

leozelig
February 2nd, 2022, 14:15
Here's a summary of the issues:

Powers are not using the correct casting table.
Script error when 'Show mercurial magic effect' option is on: [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "scripts/manager_action_power.lua"]:438: attempt to index global 'sMercurialMessage' (a nil value).
Script error when opening magic meta dialog box: [ERROR] windowcontrol: Database type mismatch on path (spellcheck.armor) in control (spellarmor) in class (char_magicmeta_main)
Crit die roll is not using data from char sheet. No issues with fumble and deed dice rolls.

I have the first 3 issues fixed. I'm not having issues with the last one, but I'm thinking the Lankhmar extension probably caused that one. I will get the extension updated at the same time as the ruleset, and hopefully that will fix it!

RaSepReTep
February 2nd, 2022, 20:08
Just checked. Everything seems to be working for me too, no issues with crit/fumble/deed either that I can tell.

leozelig
February 2nd, 2022, 20:17
I submitted a hotfix this morning. Those can take up to 24 hours to go through. Sorry for the trouble!

Tabarkus
February 2nd, 2022, 22:36
I'm still getting the Crit die/table error. No extensions. 51286 That should be a d12 on Table III.

leozelig
February 3rd, 2022, 00:12
That’s a strange one. Your db.xml file looks fine, so it doesn’t seem to be a database error. I’ll keep thinking about it.

I thought I fixed the database mismatch error for the armor check penalty, but it still triggers for PCs that haven’t previously opened the magic meta window on the Actions tab - new PCs or maybe non-spellcasters. This one isn’t critical since it only effects wizards in armor, but I will get a fix out soon on the regular update schedule.

Thank you for the bug reports!

Tabarkus
February 3rd, 2022, 03:55
I created a brand new table. No extensions. Only the Core Rules loaded. I still get the Crit die/table error. ??? I checked Options and don't see anything there that should influence it.

RaSepReTep
February 3rd, 2022, 05:25
Ah. I wasn't paying close enough attention to the crit die/table error. I'm getting the same thing as Tabarkus.

Tabarkus
February 3rd, 2022, 14:00
Well, while unfortunate, at least I feel better that it's not my system that's corrupted. :)

leozelig
February 3rd, 2022, 14:18
I will take a look at it. Still not sure what the issue is there, but I'm sure there's a solution. Moon Wizard helped me fix the database mismatch error when opening the magic meta window, so at least that one is squashed.

leozelig
February 3rd, 2022, 15:14
I ran Tab's db.xml file on my "workshop" version of the DCC ruleset, and I only see this crit bug when I run from the official ruleset. I must have missed something when I uploaded the changes to Smiteworks. I will post again when I figure it out!

leozelig
February 3rd, 2022, 15:56
It looks like the critical hit script did not upload with the rest of the ruleset changes. I will submit these fixes today for the regular Tuesday update.

leozelig
February 3rd, 2022, 16:53
Here are the updates for the past couple days:

2-3-2022
[Fixed] Script error when opening magic meta dialog box on character sheet.
[Fixed] Critical hit rolls for PCs always use a d4 on table I.
Added concentration effects to spell action data. Reparse spell actions to apply.

[U]2-2-2022
[Fixed] Spells and other powers are not using the correct casting table for chat message result notification.
[Fixed] Script error on successful spell check roll when 'Show mercurial magic effect' option is on.
[Fixed] Script error when opening magic meta dialog box on character sheet (first attempt).

EdgarGrolles
February 14th, 2022, 22:55
Hello to all.

First of all, please excuse my English, I am French.

I'm a beginner on FG, I've only done a few games in a few years. I own the Ultimate version of FG Classics and, because I'm a bit of a freak, I just bought an Ultimate version of FG Unity.

Tonight I just bought Dungeon Crawl Classics (very goooood). I opened it on both versions of Fantasy Grounds, the classic and the Unity. And I spotted a noticeable difference... which bugs me a bit; on Fantasy Grounds Classic, there is a Rule module for the Judge (Dungeon Crawl Classic Roleplaying game) and a module for the players (Dungeon Crawl Classic Roleplaying game - Player). On Fantasy Grounds Unity, I can't find the module for the players.

Is this normal?

Did I make a mistake in the installation?

I am on Steam. When I purchased Dungeon Crawl Classic, it was installed by default on my FG Classic. I copied the file "GGDCCGMG5070T.dat" from the "vault" folder of FG Classic to the vault folder of FG Unity. After searching in all the other folders, I couldn't find anything else about DCC.

I just don't want to encounter any more surprises. Does Unity not recognise the player manual or does it present it differently?

Thanks for your help...

leozelig
February 15th, 2022, 11:40
Hi Edgar,

FG Unity has one module for the core rules, same as the printed product. The core rulebook does not designate a specific player section. Even the “judge’s rules” chapter contains patron spells and other rules about magic that players need to access, and splitting that up creates confusion. Since FG Classic is no longer supported with updates, this change only applied to FG Unity. Everything sounds like it’s working as intended on your end.

Cheers,
Leo

michaelkdawson
February 25th, 2022, 20:07
Hi there, I'm having trouble with spell tables functioning properly in the DCC RPG ruleset on Fantasy Grounds Unity. When I cast a spell added to a character or NPC directly from Spells window, I always get the error "Unable to find casting table result for '[spell name]'."

Any suggestions on what I can try to fix this issue?

According to the records in the chat window when I first load FGU, it's loading the DCC RPG ruleset (v2022-01-28), the Core RPG ruleset (v2022-01-04), and DCC Desktop Decals. I always check for updates before loading a campaign.

RaSepReTep
February 25th, 2022, 20:20
Check to see if you have the Core Rules modules loaded after you have the campaign loaded and open.
The book icon needs to be open with a green check mark.

Players will need to have it loaded on their end too.

leozelig
February 25th, 2022, 20:29
Hi,

It sounds like you have the latest version, so no issues there. If you click the shortcut link (brown circle icon in the default theme - see screenshot), does the casting table have the expected results? Typically, you see that error when the roll result does not match up with a result range in the casting table. If you're using spells from the core rules, everything should be set up properly. Let me know if the casting table checks out for you, and we'll see if we can figure this out.

Cheers,
Leo

leozelig
February 25th, 2022, 21:00
Spell tables don't require the module to be open. The casting table becomes part of the char sheet database (and therefore part of the campaign) when you add the spell. On the other hand, crit/fumble and disapproval rolls often reference tables from a module, and those of course do require that the source module is open for whoever is initiating the roll, as RaSepReTep mentioned.

michaelkdawson
February 25th, 2022, 21:03
Hi,

It sounds like you have the latest version, so no issues there. If you click the shortcut link (brown circle icon in the default theme - see screenshot), does the casting table have the expected results? Typically, you see that error when the roll result does not match up with a result range in the casting table. If you're using spells from the core rules, everything should be set up properly. Let me know if the casting table checks out for you, and we'll see if we can figure this out.

Cheers,
Leo

Aha, looks like that might be the issue. My spell table for Comprehend Languages is showing up differently than yours.

leozelig
February 25th, 2022, 21:41
Aha, looks like that might be the issue. My spell table for Comprehend Languages is showing up differently than yours.

Check your modules folder and make sure you don't have a duplicate copy of the core rules in there. That is an older format for the spell record, but since you're running the latest ruleset version, there must be another copy of the core rules module hiding somewhere.

michaelkdawson
February 25th, 2022, 22:13
That did the trick, thanks!

Galadur
March 16th, 2022, 22:23
Hi everybody !
I've had the following message when dropping an occupation on a character sheet :
Something can be done about that ?

Galadur
March 16th, 2022, 22:27
Hi again !
I've also got this message when clicking on the attack button of the Party Sheet.

Moon Wizard
March 16th, 2022, 23:29
Just pushed a fix for the character sheet occupation drop. I'll have to look at the other one with the DLC developer.

Regards,
JPG

leozelig
March 17th, 2022, 03:33
I’ll take a look at the other script error. Thanks for the report Galadur!

leozelig
March 17th, 2022, 04:10
I submitted a fix for the 'manager_action_attack.lua' script error.

Moon Wizard
March 17th, 2022, 04:34
Pushed the hot fix to Live.

Regards,
JPG

Galadur
March 17th, 2022, 13:32
I’ll take a look at the other script error. Thanks for the report Galadur!

You're welcome !

Galadur
March 18th, 2022, 14:07
I've found another strange issue : I've started to play last evening with some friends the Portal Under the Stars DCC adventure and the token were vanishing during their movement (instead of stopping) when they were coming in contact with a wall !
I was using the Player Map.

The forcasted movement :

The PC is there after his movement :
Quite far away from his friends and the map (he's in the red circle) :

leozelig
March 18th, 2022, 17:14
I believe that is a CoreRPG issue rather than the DCC ruleset. I don’t know enough about it to offer a solution, but maybe another forum can help.

rathen45
March 19th, 2022, 18:41
Hey, there are a couple of things that I noticed looking at the NPC's:
formating: for example the damage on the fire elemental's attack reads (3d6) on the fire elemental it should be (3d6 fire) to trigger the type. I notice this on other creatures as well. unfortunately they gave the creature the 'burning touch' special quality in the book instead of formatting it to be more friendly to the FG format.

'water' should be added to the damage type list to allow the effect to trigger

leozelig
March 19th, 2022, 20:47
DCC is all over the place with damage types. Sometimes they say lightning, sometimes electricity, and there are weird damage types like arcane. I don’t mind the unconventional stuff, but there is no official list which makes coding a VTT ruleset very difficult. I ended up using a combination of 3.5E and 5E dmg types rather than every dmg type mentioned in the rules, opting for 5E if there is overlap (thunder not sonic). A few years ago, I made a list of dmg types mentioned in the core rules, and it’s just a mess.

That said, I will review the NPCs and add damage types when appropriate. I have been considering adding special attacks like poison and disease as powers to include the saving throw and effects, so this might be a good opportunity for that. Thanks for the suggestion rathen45 - I appreciate the feedback!

leozelig
March 19th, 2022, 21:00
The other frustrating thing with DCC from a ruleset design perspective is the lack of damage types for mundane weapons. Some of the adventure modules contain NPCs with resistance to mundane weapon types (or all non-magical weapons), but the core rules don’t include dmg types for mundane weapons, so it’s sometimes a thing and sometimes not. I did not include damage types like bludgeoning, piercing, and slashing on item records, but those are recognized by the ruleset in case you want to run things that way.

rathen45
March 19th, 2022, 21:28
Yeah, Goodman games made the game fun but playing in person is awkward with all of the tables (especially for casters) and playing on a VTT if awkward because with the inconsistent formatting there's a lot to be interpreted...

leozelig
March 23rd, 2022, 15:34
I uploaded a fix for the save effects not recognizing filters.

I'm working on improving damage type functionality for the next major update, particularly as it pertains to normal weapons. The core rules do not explicitly define basic damage types for weapons (or natural attacks), but in true DCC fashion, Goodman Games' larger DCC library includes random references to them on a semi-regular basis. At higher levels, monsters with immunity to non-magical weapons are common, which is coded in 5E as 'IMMUNE: bludgeoning, piercing, slashing, !magic'. The question then is how to define these without an official entry in the core rules - use the latest Systems Reference Document (https://media.wizards.com/2016/downloads/DND/SRD-OGL_V5.1.pdf) (p.66)? This works for most weapons, but not polearm (assume halberd?) or garotte. You can also make the argument that DCC has more in common with 3.5E, which has subtle differences from the SRD 5.1.

The alternative is to continue using 'untyped' damage for all non-magical physical attacks, in which case the FG effect for immunity to non-magical weapons becomes 'IMMUNE: untyped'. This is simple enough, but if a GM wants to use basic damage types (which are recognized by the ruleset but require manual entry due to their omission from the core rules), then the effect is the same as 5E. Deviating from the syntax of the most popular rulesets generates confusion, and niche rulesets need all the help they can get! I would also need to classify untyped spell damage as 'magic' to differentiate it from a physical attack, which is easy enough from a coding perspective.

If you have any comments on this, feel free to share.

Tabarkus
March 24th, 2022, 23:46
I think the inclusion of damage types in the FGU version of DCC is useful and only adds to the benefits FGU brings to the table (pun intended). It allows for the increased use of functionalities such as RESIST, IMMUNE, VULN, !magic, !silvered, etc. Currently I haphazardly add damage types to my game via character sheets and NPC sheets, or on the combat tracker as I come across them. Creatures with these types of abilities are being written into official Goodman Games material so it only makes sense to me to include these functionalities in DCC/FGU since we have the ability to do so.

leozelig
March 25th, 2022, 15:49
My goal is always to avoid building any of my own interpretations into the ruleset. Since Goodman Games is often lax on details, that means fewer opportunities for auto-pilot features and more legwork for GMs ;)

Tabarkus
March 26th, 2022, 15:56
Haha, yes; work for Judges is what I was trying to avoid! What I should do is copy all the weapons, NPCs, etc. and edit them to include the details I want. That way I only have to do it once.

leozelig
March 30th, 2022, 13:11
Looking at damage types for the next update... I found a couple more passing references to weapon damage types in the NPC descriptions:

Page 423: "Slimes suffer half damage from slicing and piercing weapons (swords, daggers, arrows, axes, etc.), as their primordial mass quickly re-knits such wounds."

Page 426: "Shroomen hides are so dense that they take only half damage from any bludgeoning weapon (club, mace, stave, etc.)."

Energy damage types (fire, cold, etc.) are even more ambiguous and confusing. I want to do something with damage types for the next update, but I'm finding it very inconvenient that Goodman Games did not bother to outline these in a more deliberate way.

Tabarkus
March 30th, 2022, 16:35
I just realized that ruleset already supports changing (edit: I should say 'adding' as it doesn't remove any existing damage type) Damage Type with an effect - e.g. DMGTYPE: slashing. While it certainly has limitations I'll find it useful during games when I'm adding mobs to the combat tracker that I haven't set their damage type yet.

leozelig
March 30th, 2022, 21:07
Using the latest SRD as a guide, I can configure the ruleset to provide a damage type for most cases when necessary. DCC spells rarely include an energy type in the damage clause, which is sometimes a problem. Scorching ray is obviously fire damage, but choking cloud creates an acidic, poisonous cloud. So, is this acid or poison damage?

Tabarkus
March 31st, 2022, 14:06
Both? You can multitype but then resistance or immunity to either type is fully effective, so... IRL the damaging types of acid are consider poisonous but the reverse is not true. :) I love the "rulings not rules" aspect of DCC but it does make it challenging to translate into code.

rathen45
March 31st, 2022, 18:37
Yeah, there's no reason it couldn't be both. I thought it as like mustard gas. Suffocating toxic and burning

leozelig
March 31st, 2022, 19:42
Both? You can multitype but then resistance or immunity to either type is fully effective, so... IRL the damaging types of acid are consider poisonous but the reverse is not true. :) I love the "rulings not rules" aspect of DCC but it does make it challenging to translate into code.

I think the truest representation of DCC is to leave them out of the base ruleset but allow GMs and players to add them if they want. The damage type effects are there if you want them and harmless if you don’t. It feels too heavy-handed for me to decide for everyone.

Tabarkus
April 4th, 2022, 03:45
Optional extensions that you sell for $$millions$$? :))

leozelig
April 4th, 2022, 11:24
Yes, definitely! :D

I could make a module for weapons with basic damage types, but players can easily enter these (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/images/thumb/2/2e/Cleric_8.jpg/795px-Cleric_8.jpg) in their weapons list. Goodman Games wanted a system that "plays like a 1974 game" (Appendix R, page 447). They would probably call this a "blank" space on the map for GMs to fill.

rathen45
April 6th, 2022, 19:40
Hey, I just bought the Hubris PDF and was wondering if it was possible to modify and add to the occupations table so that it works with r/funnel and how to do it. Or would it be possible to make an extension so that a custom command like '/customfunnel' can be used?

leozelig
April 7th, 2022, 01:23
It’s possible to make an extension. I can share the script that runs the /funnel command if you decide to try. You would need to create the occupations table for Hubris and link everything to that (occupations and items).

ProfDogg
May 6th, 2022, 02:59
In Bneath the Well of Brass, clicking on any Story links in the Player Map - Beneath the Well generates an empty New Story link... 52671

leozelig
May 6th, 2022, 13:50
Well that’s a problem. I will have that patched up by May 17, which is the next Live channel update.

Tabarkus
May 7th, 2022, 16:23
Hey Leo, I also noticed /funnel doesn't work for players. Is that intended?

leozelig
May 7th, 2022, 17:13
As intended. It has something to do with players writing new data to the host database. I believe the DCC Gongfarmer extension contains a workaround, but I stuck to the basics.

Tabarkus
May 7th, 2022, 22:22
Got it; also helps prevent the player who wants to make 10,000 peasants from doing so.

leozelig
May 8th, 2022, 00:00
Yes, and you know that would happen! It’s a good GM-only command.

michaelkdawson
May 8th, 2022, 19:19
I just noticed an issue with the Frozen in Time module: it doesn't include any of the items or parcels. It doesn't take a ton of time to create them all, but you don't really expect to have to do extra work if you've bought the module from the Fantasy Grounds store rather than create it yourself. All other DCC modules I've purchased include all the items and parcels pre-made.

Can I request an update to that module?

leozelig
May 9th, 2022, 04:58
I just noticed an issue with the Frozen in Time module: it doesn't include any of the items or parcels. It doesn't take a ton of time to create them all, but you don't really expect to have to do extra work if you've bought the module from the Fantasy Grounds store rather than create it yourself. All other DCC modules I've purchased include all the items and parcels pre-made.

Can I request an update to that module?

Ugh, that’s really bad. I believe Goodman Games assigned that conversion to one of their own people. Your expectations for the module are definitely valid, and you should email Smiteworks support with this issue. I don’t know how this was approved for the store without items, but you can always request a refund if the module doesn’t meet your expectations.

michaelkdawson
May 9th, 2022, 05:10
Ugh, that’s really bad. I believe Goodman Games assigned that conversion to one of their own people. Your expectations for the module are definitely valid, and you should email Smiteworks support with this issue. I don’t know how this was approved for the store without items, but you can always request a refund if the module doesn’t meet your expectations.

Thanks for the response, Leo. I actually emailed Fantasy Grounds support first and they directed me to the forums, so I'll share your response and see if I can get the issue escalated to the right person. It shouldn't be a huge amount work to fix it if we can find the right person to make it happen.

Tabarkus
May 9th, 2022, 12:40
Wow, I looked at Frozen in Time for the first time in detail. It is poorly proof-read. My copy is also full of input encoding errors where all the apostrophes show up as little boxes as well as missing items/parcels. It also has an empty Story Template category that has no content.

leozelig
May 9th, 2022, 17:30
Wow, I looked at Frozen in Time for the first time in detail. It is poorly proof-read. My copy is also full of input encoding errors where all the apostrophes show up as little boxes as well as missing items/parcels. It also has an empty Story Template category that has no content.

I don’t have it, but the screenshots look a bit amateurish. This definitely requires escalating.

ProfDogg
May 9th, 2022, 17:36
I don’t have it, but the screenshots look a bit amateurish. This definitely requires escalating.

I saw this post so dug in as well. I had bought it, I just hadn't really looked at it yet. The images are not linked properly either. The link you see in the Story (Neolithic Hunters) goes to a different Image (Power Plant). 52720

michaelkdawson
May 9th, 2022, 18:22
Thanks for noting those additional issues, I passed them along to support. SmiteWorks customer service is escalating this to the product manager, so we'll see what he says. This is one of my favorite DCC adventures, so I'd love to see it fully-functional on FG.

Yesterday, Goodman Games designated Frozen in Time as its Road Crew Adventure of the Month (https://goodman-games.com/blog/2022/05/08/adventure-of-the-month-is-live-for-road-crew/). That program is focused on in-person public games, but I wouldn't be surprised if it also led to a spike in purchases/usage on Fantasy Grounds.

Tabarkus
May 10th, 2022, 02:12
michaeldawson I'm fairly certain that the Road Crew now recognizes and rewards online games as well. So you should be able to earn all the swag though probably not the module discount price here.

leozelig
May 10th, 2022, 11:28
I am requesting to take this over so I can fix it. I had it ready for submission a couple years ago and was told Goodman Games wants to use their own people for these. That ended soon after. I don’t think I still have my copy, but it was a million times better than what’s being sold now.

michaelkdawson
May 10th, 2022, 19:43
I am requesting to take this over so I can fix it. I had it ready for submission a couple years ago and was told Goodman Games wants to use their own people for these. That ended soon after. I don’t think I still have my copy, but it was a million times better than what’s being sold now.

That's awesome, thank you!

daumnation
May 10th, 2022, 22:10
Hello, I am the one that converted this module. This is the one and only conversion I've ever done. Regardless, I apologize for any issues and want to let you know that I am already working in coordination with Mr. Goodman on a timely update. I respect the expertise of those that posted their issues. Thanks for your understanding and for bringing it to my attention.

P.S.@Leozelig: I will mention your expertise to Mr. Goodman.

michaelkdawson
May 11th, 2022, 00:08
Hello, I am the one that converted this module. This is the one and only conversion I've ever done. Regardless, I apologize for any issues and want to let you know that I am already working in coordination with Mr. Goodman on a timely update. I respect the expertise of those that posted their issues. Thanks for your understanding and for bringing it to my attention.

Speaking as a Goodman Games/SmiteWorks customer, I really appreciate everyone taking our reports seriously and working on getting an update out. I hope you don't feel too attacked by the issues we reported. Fantasy Grounds has a pretty steep learning curve and this one definitely isn't any worse than the first couple of homebrew module conversions I put together! More than anything, I think this demonstrates the importance of thorough review/QA processes, which I'm guessing have probably grown more robust in the two years since you did this conversion.

leozelig
May 11th, 2022, 01:24

All good. The crew at Smiteworks will help you get it tuned up ;)

ProfDogg
May 11th, 2022, 02:16

You're good, daumnation... I only have to convert these for my personal use so I don't know all the ins and outs of the publishing side. But the more I do these for my players the more I catch little details... also every product in the Smiteworks catalog requires some constant tweaking (and then even more so afterward for individual tables)... The great thing is there are a ton of picky fans scouring these things for editing...

leozelig
May 13th, 2022, 15:38
Just an update on Beneath the Well of Brass. I am waiting for access to the shared folder which I should have by early next week. Then I will get those map pins fixed. Thank you for your patience!

Tabarkus
May 18th, 2022, 12:59
I noticed an error when dragging & dropping a "to hit" roll from the chatbox to the target. ERROR: Script execution error: [string "scripts/manager_action_attack.lua"]:453: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value).

This only happens with the "to hit" roll. Damage roll works. And both to hit and damage rolls work when dragging from the character sheet to the target on the combat tracker.

leozelig
May 18th, 2022, 13:34
That error seems to pop up once in awhile. I need to stop tweaking the attack script ;)

Tabarkus
May 19th, 2022, 23:44
That's what happens when you poke things with a stick!

Locotomo
May 20th, 2022, 12:05
Mighty Deeds of Arms has a page reference.52851

leozelig
May 21st, 2022, 21:13
I submitted a fix for the script error reported in post #861 plus a few other minor changes (v2022-05-21):

[Fixed] Script error when dragging attack roll from chat to target.
[Updated] Un-dead traits effect with conditional immunities (charmed, paralyzed, sleeping).
[Updated] Initiative modifier visible for traps and hazards if non-zero value.
[Added] Shaded frame ‘dcc2’ for reference manual blocks.

Still waiting for access to the shared folder for Beneath the Well of Brass so I can fix those map pins. I am also going to clean up Frozen in Time, but I don't have access to that yet either.

leozelig
May 22nd, 2022, 12:09
Mighty Deeds of Arms has a page reference.

Yes. For that you would open the reference manual and click on the Mighty Deeds of Arms page in the Combat section (see screenshot). We leave the text from the print product as is, even though page number references are not really useful for the data module.

michaelkdawson
May 23rd, 2022, 18:14
I've got a few items that came up in my session last night:

-Whenever one of my PCs (an Elf) attempts to roll a basic Spellcheck not associated with a specific spell from the Actions tab, they get the following: [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "scripts/manager action power.lua"]:297: attempt to compare number with nil
-In the Fate's Fell Hand adventure, I found an issue with the Line of Sight. Players could see into Area 2-2 (Chapel) even when the door was closed.
-In the Fantasy Grounds store, Fate's Fell Hand is missing the "LOS" tag. (It was a nice surprise to find that it had great custom maps with LOS, though!)

leozelig
May 23rd, 2022, 19:09
I've got a few items that came up in my session last night:

-Whenever one of my PCs (an Elf) attempts to roll a basic Spellcheck not associated with a specific spell from the Actions tab, they get the following: [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "scripts/manager action power.lua"]:297: attempt to compare number with nil
-In the Fate's Fell Hand adventure, I found an issue with the Line of Sight. Players could see into Area 2-2 (Chapel) even when the door was closed.
-In the Fantasy Grounds store, Fate's Fell Hand is missing the "LOS" tag. (It was a nice surprise to find that it had great custom maps with LOS, though!)

Thank you for the report. I have the spell check error sorted out. I will take a look at the FFH map, shouldn't be a problem.

leozelig
May 23rd, 2022, 21:47
It looks like the chapel door uses window occluders instead of door occluders. I submitted a fix, which should go live next Tuesday (5/31).

If you need it sooner, the "quick" fix is this:

1. With the module open, drag-and-drop the map 'Player Map - The Manor' on the Images window to create a copy.
2. Open and unlock the map 'Player Map - The Manor (Copy)'.
3. Select the 'Walls' icon from the menu in the right sidebar. All of the occluders should be visible.
4. Double-click one of the yellow points from the chapel door, which is currently a window.
5. Hold Ctrl and left-click the door icon from the occluders menu. The yellow points will turn blue, indicating a door instead of a window.

You will need to transfer player tokens to the new map. If you are in the middle of a combat, transfer the NPCs from the combat tracker as well.

EDIT: Actually, looking at the judge's map, I see that this entry is an archway. I believe the window occluder was created by a script that preps the Dungeondraft map for Fantasy Grounds. This is functioning as intended, but if for some reason, you want that to be a door, follow the instructions above. You will find a similar situation with the other archways on this map ;)

michaelkdawson
May 23rd, 2022, 23:41
Aha, thanks! Good to know the door vs. window distinction. I'm new to using the LOS feature as a DM.

leozelig
May 24th, 2022, 00:39
Aha, thanks! Good to know the door vs. window distinction. I'm new to using the LOS feature as a DM.

No problem, it threw me also. Normally I wouldn’t use an occluder there, but the Dungeondraft script apparently would. I appreciate the feedback either way.

Tabarkus
May 24th, 2022, 15:09
The Dungeoncraft LOS script does seem to struggle with getting windows vs doors sometimes. It also tends to leave cracks in corners where two different wall lines intersect. It still saves a lot of time but I do have to edit the LOS in most every map I make using the Dungeondraft LOS script.

Tabarkus
May 26th, 2022, 03:56
Hey, not sure if this is a bug or if it's always been this way. We noticed tonight that the "+/- die" buttons (next to the modifier box and 3d die) do not work if you drag and drop to the chatbox for Ability checks, Saving throws, Skill Checks, and Damage. It works for Attacks only. I can't remember if those worked previously as I rarely drag & drop. They work properly when double clicking to initiate the roll.

leozelig
May 26th, 2022, 11:07
Hey, not sure if this is a bug or if it's always been this way. We noticed tonight that the "+/- die" buttons (next to the modifier box and 3d die) do not work if you drag and drop to the chatbox for Ability checks, Saving throws, Skill Checks, and Damage. It works for Attacks only. I can't remember if those worked previously as I rarely drag & drop. They work properly when double clicking to initiate the roll.

Well that’s strange. I will check it out.

leozelig
May 28th, 2022, 22:25
I submitted an update for the dice swap buttons not applying to drag-and-drop rolls. Thanks for the report, Tab.

Tabarkus
June 1st, 2022, 21:29
There seems to be a new bug affecting the to hit roll or reducing armor I'm not sure which (see pic). 53000
Only seems to affect PCs not monsters.
Is hitting an AC 10 vs a character with an AC 20 including armor, shield, and agility bonus.
Ok, so it's hitting AC 10 vs different ACs so it looks like AC is not being calculated at all it's just going with the base AC.

I've tried removing the armor and putting it back on but that didn't fix anything.

A work around is to put an Effect on the character (AC: 10) for the full value of armor/shield/AGI bonus. This calculates properly.

leozelig
June 2nd, 2022, 00:13
There seems to be a new bug affecting the to hit roll or reducing armor I'm not sure which (see pic). 53000
Only seems to affect PCs not monsters.
Is hitting an AC 10 vs a character with an AC 20 including armor, shield, and agility bonus.
Ok, so it's hitting AC 10 vs different ACs so it looks like AC is not being calculated at all it's just going with the base AC.

I've tried removing the armor and putting it back on but that didn't fix anything.

A work around is to put an Effect on the character (AC: 10) for the full value of armor/shield/AGI bonus. This calculates properly.

Wow, ok I’ll get that fixed. I fixed a bug in the last update where certain defensive effects were being doubled. I’m sure this is related.

leozelig
June 2nd, 2022, 18:35
I fixed the bug with the defender AC not calculating for attack rolls. I submitted this as a hotfix, so you should have that soon. Thanks for catching that!

leozelig
June 2nd, 2022, 21:41
I also submitted an update for Beneath the Well of Brass that will fix the broken map links. As an added bonus, I updated the main map with some additional details for area 1-10. Specifically, I added the outline of the dais with a small set of stairs, some candles, and the set of brass doors in the middle of the dais.

leozelig
June 3rd, 2022, 20:22
Over the next few weeks, I plan to update Frozen in Time based on feedback posted between #846-859. I will preserve the data structure as much as possible, but if you have an active Frozen in Time game and encounter any issues with the update, I can help you resolve them. I want to add some untagged player maps with LOS, but those won’t affect the maps currently in the module. You would just need to pull your tokens over to the new map if you have a game in progress.

Tabarkus
June 6th, 2022, 04:38
I found several typos in "Table 8-4: Magic Sword Characteristics" from the core rulebook page 367.

First, the row of 86-90%, Spell Check result 24-26 the fifth column # of Banes should read 1d4-1 ; the next column should read 1d12.
Second, the row of 99-100%, Spell Check result 36+ the fifth column should read 2d4.

leozelig
June 6th, 2022, 13:39
I found several typos in "Table 8-4: Magic Sword Characteristics" from the core rulebook page 367.

First, the row of 86-90%, Spell Check result 24-26 the fifth column # of Banes should read 1d4-1 ; the next column should read 1d12.
Second, the row of 99-100%, Spell Check result 36+ the fifth column should read 2d4.

Fixed.

Guzalot
June 9th, 2022, 22:03
It would be nice to be able to have both the MCC and DCC loaded in the same campaign. I'm wanting to run a fantasy campaign with magic set in a post-apocalyptic setting.

leozelig
June 9th, 2022, 23:08
It would be nice to be able to have both the MCC and DCC loaded in the same campaign. I'm wanting to run a fantasy campaign with magic set in a post-apocalyptic setting.

That would be very cool, but MCC changed enough of the mechanics that it’s not possible to unify everything. The differences might seem small, but just getting the character sheet to work without making it super complicated would require real magic ;)

leozelig
June 22nd, 2022, 16:26
I submitted my version of the Frozen in Time adventure module. I updated it for FGU, which can cause some issues if you have an active campaign, but since this is intended as a one-shot adventure, I think the risk of problems is minimal. Still, if you are currently in the middle of running this, make a copy of your campaign folder (with a different name) before updating -- or wait to update. I will help you resolve any problems if they arise. I had hoped to preserve as much of the original data structure as possible to avoid issues, but I didn't find much that was worth saving.

I added item records for everything, including primitive occupation items. I also created rollable tables for occupations and power plant console malfunction, as well as a few others. Some hazards have NPC records for rolling damage or applying effects. I created new player maps that are resized, and I removed the GM-only labels (primarily palm-disc info) from these. The player maps have LOS occluders as well. Lastly, I added a reference manual for the adventure and the mini-campaign setting.

Here are some screenshots for the new version:

michaelkdawson
June 22nd, 2022, 17:06
I submitted my version of the Frozen in Time adventure module. I updated it for FGU, which can cause some issues if you have an active campaign, but since this is intended as a one-shot adventure, I think the risk of problems is minimal. Still, if you are currently in the middle of running this, make a copy of your campaign folder (with a different name) before updating -- or wait to update. I will help you resolve any problems if they arise. I had hoped to preserve as much of the original data structure as possible to avoid issues, but I didn't find much that was worth saving.

I added item records for everything, including primitive occupation items. I also created rollable tables for occupations and power plant console malfunction, as well as a few others. Some hazards have NPC records for rolling damage or applying effects. I created new player maps that are resized, and I removed the GM-only labels (primarily palm-disc info) from these. The player maps have LOS occluders as well. Lastly, I added a reference manual for the adventure and the mini-campaign setting.

Here are some screenshots for the new version:

Looks amazing, thanks for all the improvements! I'm looking forward to my next time running this adventure.

Ramza
June 23rd, 2022, 01:30
Thank you for your time leozelig. Updating Frozen in Time to your standards for a module is very nice.

leozelig
June 23rd, 2022, 01:39
Thank you guys, I appreciate the compliments ;)

Myrdin Potter
June 30th, 2022, 18:48
Running Doom of the Savage Kings now. Ran Sailers as the first module. A little painful for both as tons of cut and paste artifacts where there are little boxes scattered all over.

Goodman games needs to step up some graphics support as well. Letter tokens just do not look that good. I convert for a few 3rd party publishers and I try and chase them for enchanced tokens as it really makes a difference for VTT play.

leozelig
June 30th, 2022, 20:26
I agree that the special character artifacts are annoying. I consider it the responsibility of the developer who did the conversion to provide basic product support. Smiteworks notified their community developers of the necessary character substitutions during the transition to FGU, but some developers just don’t have that level of commitment. I recently took over Frozen in Time, and that module was full of empty boxes! Quite frustrating…

I also find the basic letter tokens way past their prime. I would love to see Smiteworks update the Letter Tokens module.

leozelig
July 4th, 2022, 15:08
I am updating the DCC Horror module Creep, Skrag, Creep! with new color maps that I created with Inkarnate. You should have this in the next couple weeks. This is a fun adventure, but the map that came with it is not at all suitable as a battlemap. These new maps are a huge improvement, so consider running this one if you haven't yet. The main deck has quite a bit of detail, but in the interest of not spoiling anything, I will only show you the starting level:

Tabarkus
July 14th, 2022, 14:44
Do the IF and IFT conditional effects work in the DCC ruleset? I'm having trouble with them and I keep forgetting whether they are universal to FGU or just in specific rulesets.

leozelig
July 14th, 2022, 16:02
Yes, they should work very similar to 5E in theory. Let me know what's not working for you, and I can tell you if it's a syntax thing or a bug.

Tabarkus
July 14th, 2022, 21:51
I'm trying to make an effect that gives a +1 to hit demons. I've entered "demon" into the NPC "type" field. Then for the effect, IFT: TYPE (demon); ATK: 1. I've tried variations of spaces and no spaces.

leozelig
July 14th, 2022, 22:17
That should work as long as the NPC has demon in the type field. I will check it out and get back to you.

leozelig
July 16th, 2022, 14:25
I'm trying to make an effect that gives a +1 to hit demons. I've entered "demon" into the NPC "type" field. Then for the effect, IFT: TYPE (demon); ATK: 1. I've tried variations of spaces and no spaces.

Yeah, this wasn't working. I fixed the issue, and I also added a name filter for spell effects. So you can enter 'SPELL: 2 turn unholy' to get a bonus to your turn unholy check only. I also updated the skill check script to include any ability score modifiers (like 5E). So, if you have an INT bonus effect and make a 'read languages' skill check, the INT bonus will apply to the check.

I need to check with the devs about the timing of this update because they are working on some higher level updates.

Tabarkus
July 18th, 2022, 12:23
Cool, glad it wasn't by brain doing something strange. Those are nice updates!

One other question/request. I don't know whether this is due to a bug or fumble fingered players. The "Attack" bonus field on the Main tab of the character sheet is an editable field. For some reason this field is often zero for my non-warrior characters. It seems to occur when a character is removed from the combat tracker and then returned to the combat tracker though I'm not able to reproduce it. I assume therefore it is player error. I've even had it happen on some of my personal characters, but it would be the first time I've accidently changed editable fields.

So my question is: is there a reason this field is editable? The only other ruleset I've DMed is 5e and it is a locked field on that character sheet. I just don't see a reason for it to be editable.

leozelig
July 18th, 2022, 17:10
There aren't too many reasons why you would need to edit that directly, at least not anymore. In the earlier days of the DCC ruleset, you had to update the attack bonus manually every time you leveled up. Now of course, the ruleset has a lot more functionality, but it's still possible that you might need to modify it for your lucky roll if you didn't use the '/funnel' command to generate your 0-level character.

leozelig
July 19th, 2022, 20:53
Here's a screenshot from my latest work-in-progress. This map is from a classic DCC module - any guesses?

Tabarkus
July 20th, 2022, 22:53
Hey man, awesome update but I'm getting an error on all skill checks. Script execution error: [string "scripts/manager_action_skill.lua"]:88 attempt to index global 'EffectManager5E' (a nil value). No other issues noted but game tonight so will let you know.

leozelig
July 21st, 2022, 13:34
Oh shoot, left a 5E script call in there! Thanks

leozelig
July 25th, 2022, 14:22
Another WIP map for an upcoming release. Going with a bit more color on this one. It's interesting how much different these look with added color and detail. Not much detail on this one yet, but the finished product will have some interesting features!

Tabarkus
July 27th, 2022, 13:26
Does Inkarnate export to FGU with LOS?

leozelig
July 27th, 2022, 16:44
No, unfortunately. I like the selection of textures and objects included in the basic package, and they are always adding more. But the key feature for me is the commercial license. The add-on packs for Dungeondraft that include a commercial license are expensive.

Tabarkus
July 27th, 2022, 22:36
I'm noticing some oddities with editing spells and powers. When I try to edit an existing custom spell or power the sheet shows up blank, it does not display the data fields. I can enter a description via the Summary field for a spell or power on the Actions tab, but it shows up as the Mercurial Magic field. I'm not sure I'm describing this accurately. If not I'll drop a picture later.

leozelig
July 27th, 2022, 23:25
The ‘Summary’ field on the Actions tab = the ‘Mercurial Magic’ field on the spell record. That might not explain the other behavior though.

Tabarkus
July 28th, 2022, 00:05
Ok, right, that part makes sense. I just checked it without any extensions and still the same problem.

leozelig
July 28th, 2022, 02:02
I’ll take a look at it. There were some higher level updates that might be the cause. I haven’t made any changes lately other than bug fixes, but I’ll figure it out.

Locotomo
July 29th, 2022, 12:03
Hi, the Store button doesn't do anything :)
regards, Loco

leozelig
July 29th, 2022, 18:33
Hi, the Store button doesn't do anything :)
regards, Loco

Thanks, Loco! I should probably get that hooked up.

leozelig
July 30th, 2022, 15:33
I'm noticing some oddities with editing spells and powers. When I try to edit an existing custom spell or power the sheet shows up blank, it does not display the data fields. I can enter a description via the Summary field for a spell or power on the Actions tab, but it shows up as the Mercurial Magic field. I'm not sure I'm describing this accurately. If not I'll drop a picture later.

I'm not able to reproduce this. Can you post a screenshot and some details about the spell/power you are trying to edit? Was it dragged from another module or created on the char sheet directly?

leozelig
August 1st, 2022, 13:58
I think I see the problem you are reporting, Tab. No need for screenshots or further description, I don't think. You should be able to edit a power/spell from the character sheet now. I also updated the casting table to allow for shortcuts. The link will drop to the chat window with the text result if the 'Show casting table results' option is enabled. In the screenshot, I have appended the link information to the result text because otherwise, you just get a mysterious link and cannot tell what it is without clicking it. Anyone who has ever encountered a cursed scroll knows what I'm talking about ;)

Let me know if you don't like the appended text. I am not auto-rolling table links because there is just too much automation happening with that, and it's easy enough to open the table link and click roll.

leozelig
August 1st, 2022, 14:35
Here's the update I submitted today. I believe these changes will hit the Live channel Aug 10, 2022:

[Fixed] Unable to edit spell/power record content from char cheet.
[Updated] Casting table results accept a shortcut link, which displays with chat message text when 'Show casting table results' option is enabled.
[Updated] Record type label for char sheet powers displays group name (e.g., Spells).

Tabarkus
August 2nd, 2022, 04:35
Cool, thanks for the continued work!

Trenloe
August 2nd, 2022, 07:05
Here's the update I submitted today. I believe these changes will hit the Live channel Aug 10, 2022
According to the recent developer newsletter (Sunday July 31st) the Tuesday update process has changed - anything submitted before 12 noon US central on Tuesday will make it into that Tuesday update.

leozelig
August 2nd, 2022, 11:45
According to the recent developer newsletter (Sunday July 31st) the Tuesday update process has changed - anything submitted before 12 noon US central on Tuesday will make it into that Tuesday update.

Thanks, Trenloe. ;)

That’s much better than noon on Friday. I thought it still spent a week on the Test channel, but that’s an assumption on my part.

Tabarkus
August 4th, 2022, 04:05
We were getting several errors during tonight's game. Trying to reproduce them. Using NO extensions. Casting a wizard or cleric spell/ability produced
Script execution error: [string "scripts/manager_action_power.lua"]:486: findNode: Invalid parameter 1

Myrdin Potter
August 4th, 2022, 04:13
We had the same error. Spell casting is messed up.

leozelig
August 4th, 2022, 20:45
I'll fix it. It works for my test PC, but not my existing PCs.

RaSepReTep
August 4th, 2022, 23:00
A small issue;
My "Weapons" tab at the top of the window has disappeared from the Items menu. "Armor" is still there.
It's also only gone in one campaign, if I create a new one or open an older one it's still there... so I must have done something to make it go away.
Any idea on how to get it back?

Thanks

Tabarkus
August 4th, 2022, 23:37
Weird, I see that on some of my campaigns too. Do you have any extensions running on that campaign?

Tabarkus
August 4th, 2022, 23:50
It's caused by an extension. I could reproduce the error and when I removed all the extensions from that campaign the button returned. I don't have the time to figure out exactly which extension right now but I'll can get to it later tonight.

leozelig
August 5th, 2022, 00:19
A small issue;
My "Weapons" tab at the top of the window has disappeared from the Items menu. "Armor" is still there.
It's also only gone in one campaign, if I create a new one or open an older one it's still there... so I must have done something to make it go away.
Any idea on how to get it back?

Thanks

That’s odd. Are you running any extensions? What happens if you copy the db.xml file to the new campaign?

EDIT: Didn’t see Tab’s post - thanks!

RaSepReTep
August 5th, 2022, 05:56
Thanks for the help, it seems like it was an extension.
Something called Urban Adventures. ;)

leozelig
August 5th, 2022, 10:32
Yes, we should contact the extension developer and get him to update that one of these days! ;)

I am having trouble keeping up with the CoreRPG changes. Thanks for everyone’s patience!

leozelig
August 5th, 2022, 16:12
I uploaded a hotfix for the spell check script error. I didn't see it in testing because it doesn't happen if you previously rolled a result with a shortcut link. Let me know if you're still having issues. I will update the Urban Adventures extension before the end of the weekend.

Tabarkus
August 5th, 2022, 16:14
No rest for the weary! Thanks for the fix.

leozelig
August 8th, 2022, 11:03
FYI, I updated the Lankhmar (aka Urban Adventures) extension, so the NPC and Items filters should work again. The Urban Adventures update should be available now. The Lankhmar update (if you were fortunate enough to purchase any Lankhmar products before Goodman Games pulled them from the FG Store) will go through the usual update process, but it's in the system ;)

RaSepReTep
August 10th, 2022, 06:01
The unofficial extension is working again, thanks!

Varsuuk
August 10th, 2022, 07:16
FYI, I updated the Lankhmar (aka Urban Adventures) extension, so the NPC and Items filters should work again. The Urban Adventures update should be available now. The Lankhmar update (if you were fortunate enough to purchase any Lankhmar products before Goodman Games pulled them from the FG Store) will go through the usual update process, but it's in the system ;)

Ugh bummer, I hadn't realized that happened.
I should kick myself for not buying those when I could :(

I mean, it isn't like I am DMing but I like collecting those things for when/if do. Or at least enjoying messing with it.

leozelig
August 13th, 2022, 19:24
I'm working on Blades Against Death for the FG Store. The module conversion takes me about a week, and then I get swept up in the fun of making maps... ah well. Inkarnate is truly awesome if you don't mind shelling out $25/year. It's always cool seeing those drab B&W sketch maps come to life! Here is one of the maps you will get with the FG module:

michaelkdawson
August 13th, 2022, 19:27
Wow, looks great! Love all the details on the table. This is great timing, I’m planning to run this adventure after Jewels of the Carnifex for one of my groups.

Myrdin Potter
August 13th, 2022, 21:08
I wish all the maps were converted to that level. When I do conversions of older things, there quite often is no VTT map available. I found a guy in Nigeria on Fiverr (he literally modifies ID documents and such) who is a whiz at taking out secret doors signs and keys and fixing the backgrounds so you cannot tell. I pay out of my pocket so that people buying the module for FG use get the best experience possible. Happy that you do the same.

leozelig
August 13th, 2022, 21:12
I wish all the maps were converted to that level. When I do conversions of older things, there quite often is no VTT map available. I found a guy in Nigeria on Fiverr (he literally modifies ID documents and such) who is a whiz at taking out secret doors signs and keys and fixing the backgrounds so you cannot tell. I pay out of my pocket so that people buying the module for FG use get the best experience possible. Happy that you do the same.

Heh, nice Myrdin! I agree (obviously) that the FG module should have good maps. The learning curve on these things can be tough, and it’s very time-consuming.

Tabarkus
August 14th, 2022, 02:43
Looks great! I enjoy making maps as well though it is time consuming. Otherwise GIMP is your friend if you don't have the time for a complete map overhaul.

leozelig
August 14th, 2022, 12:50
True, GIMP is great - that was my best friend at one point. I prefer the mapping apps for the objects, but I have edited a few Dungeondraft maps in GIMP. Inkarnate has a classic map style coming out that looks pretty cool. It looks a little like the 5E Dungeon of the Mad Mage maps.

Tabarkus
August 18th, 2022, 03:44
ERROR while loading combat tracker for players and unable to target NPCs on the map and a few other strange things. [ERROR]scriptexecutionerror:[string"ct/scripts/clientct_entry.lua"] :12: stackoverflow

with no extensions loaded

leozelig
August 18th, 2022, 11:46
ERROR while loading combat tracker for players and unable to target NPCs on the map and a few other strange things. [ERROR]scriptexecutionerror:[string"ct/scripts/clientct_entry.lua"] :12: stackoverflow

Yes, more updates. I will get that fixed. Thanks, Tab!

michaelkdawson
August 19th, 2022, 07:19
There seems to be a bug with characters made using the /funnel command. On the Party Sheet, those characters' ability scores all show as 0 unless they are manually edited on the character sheet (the modifiers do show up, however). The attached screenshot shows a new level 0 character I just created with the /funnel command and two level 1 characters originally created with the /funnel command who have had a couple of their ability scores changed during Hole in the Sky.

leozelig
August 19th, 2022, 11:10
Thanks for the report, I will try to patch that up with the next update.

leozelig
August 20th, 2022, 14:38
I submitted Blades Against Death for review this morning. I polished up the Charnel House map in post #931 for the store product. This is a great adventure if you need something mid-level to throw at your players. In true Harley Stroh fashion, the adventure is fairly deadly, and the first half has several possibilities for the players to get into trouble.

I need to get to work on catching up with the CoreRPG changes from the last month or two. The combat tracker code was modified, so I will get that fixed ASAP before starting a more extensive cleanup.

leozelig
August 22nd, 2022, 19:29

Hey Tab, I'm wondering if this is a memory problem. Maybe try clearing your cache or just restart and see if that clears it up. I didn't have any issues with the combat tracker or targeting NPCs on the map when I tried to reproduce. Also, looking closer at the error message makes me think it's something besides a bug.

I do have a couple fixes lined up for later this week, including a link to the store website and a fix for the ability scores not showing up in the party sheet.

michaelkdawson
August 22nd, 2022, 19:33
I submitted Blades Against Death for review this morning. I polished up the Charnel House map in post #931 for the store product. This is a great adventure if you need something mid-level to throw at your players. In true Harley Stroh fashion, the adventure is fairly deadly, and the first half has several possibilities for the players to get into trouble.

I need to get to work on catching up with the CoreRPG changes from the last month or two. The combat tracker code was modified, so I will get that fixed ASAP before starting a more extensive cleanup.

Awesome! How long does the process usually take between submitting for review and going live in the store?

Myrdin Potter
August 22nd, 2022, 19:57
I had the exact same error occur in my game last week. Happened once and then seemed to settle down a little. Have not tried it since the game but it definitely happened.

There might have been another core rpg update since then …

Tabarkus
August 23rd, 2022, 03:51
Hey Tab, I'm wondering if this is a memory problem. Maybe try clearing your cache or just restart and see if that clears it up. I didn't have any issues with the combat tracker or targeting NPCs on the map when I tried to reproduce. Also, looking closer at the error message makes me think it's something besides a bug.

Hmm, I tried all that and it didn't work. So I removed everything from the combat tracker and that fixed it. The error would only show on the player's instance and the number of errors was always equal to the number of characters and NPCs that were on the CT.

Weird but fixed so I'm good. I did notice the CoreRPG update in the midst of this; "Hot fix updates today [CoreRPG+] Script error when toggling effects on player combat tracker. Fixed." So it looks like it was a FGU issue that persisted until I cleared the CT.

leozelig
August 23rd, 2022, 12:12
Awesome! How long does the process usually take between submitting for review and going live in the store?

It usually takes about a month. I plan to work on some more level 4-5 adventures, but if anyone has requests, feel free to post them.

leozelig
August 23rd, 2022, 12:14
Hmm, I tried all that and it didn't work. So I removed everything from the combat tracker and that fixed it. The error would only show on the player's instance and the number of errors was always equal to the number of characters and NPCs that were on the CT.

Weird but fixed so I'm good. I did notice the CoreRPG update in the midst of this; "Hot fix updates today [CoreRPG+] Script error when toggling effects on player combat tracker. Fixed." So it looks like it was a FGU issue that persisted until I cleared the CT.

I checked my code against the latest 5E ruleset, and I didn’t see anything that wouldn’t work. Hopefully that was it.

michaelkdawson
August 23rd, 2022, 14:47
It usually takes about a month. I plan to work on some more level 4-5 adventures, but if anyone has requests, feel free to post them.

Beyond the Black Gate!

leozelig
August 23rd, 2022, 16:50
Beyond the Black Gate!

Yes! BtBG and Emirikol are high on my list.

Tabarkus
August 25th, 2022, 04:16
Ugh, my combat tracker bug is back.

leozelig
August 25th, 2022, 11:47
Maybe try emailing support or ask on Discord. I’m not sure what’s causing that, but it sounds very frustrating.

Tabarkus
August 26th, 2022, 01:20
Zaccheus suggested deleting the ruleset and reloading it. Can you tell me which file that would be in the Vault folder.

Moon Wizard
August 26th, 2022, 01:26
It's located inside <FG Data Folder>/vault/GGDCCGMG5070T.dat
Once you delete the file, you'll need to run a new Check for Updates from the FG launch screen.

Regards,
JPG

Moon Wizard
August 26th, 2022, 01:29
Also, make sure that you do not have this file or folder:
<FG Data Folder>/rulesets/DCC RPG.pak
<FG Data Folder>/rulesets/DCC RPG/
If you do, delete them before re-updating.

Regards,
JPG

Moon Wizard
August 26th, 2022, 01:32
Nevermind, it looks like a hot fix that was submitted did not get pushed as expected. I just pushed the update to the patch system. You'll still need to run a Check for Updates to get the latest.

Apologies for the confusion.

Regards,
JPG

Tabarkus
August 26th, 2022, 01:36
No problem, it wasn't game breaking, just annoying. Thanks for your help!

And that fixed it! Thanks again.

Myrdin Potter
September 1st, 2022, 05:07
[ERROR] Script execution error: [string "scripts/manager_action_attack.lua"]:443: attempt to perform arithmetic on local 'nDefenseVal' (a nil value)

This error showed up tonight for several players.

Moon Wizard
September 1st, 2022, 06:50
I took a quick look at the DCC code; and I can't see how that would happen right off the bat. Do you have a set of steps, or a sample campaign where this is happening consistently?
Also, any extensions?

Regards,
JPG

Myrdin Potter
September 1st, 2022, 07:14
Only the level 0 extension and simple grey theme loaded.

Was in combat, an attack from the character sheet.

I deleted character from combat tracker. Added back. Then they had issues targeting.

I had the other issue that is just above as well 2 weeks ago. We did not play last week and I ran update before the game session this week.

2 players has errors.

leozelig
September 1st, 2022, 12:44
There was a bug with nDefenseVal several weeks ago (page 88, post #876), but that was fixed. The level 0 gongfarmer extension is not really necessary anymore - you can type '/funnel <#> <username>' in the chat (parameters are optional with default being 1 unassigned character). Maybe try running without that?

Locotomo
September 17th, 2022, 18:35
DCC RPG Annual Vol. 1 - Spells/Patron Spells : Button opens nothing.

leozelig
September 17th, 2022, 20:24
DCC RPG Annual Vol. 1 - Spells/Patron Spells : Button opens nothing.

Thanks Locotomo. I have some updates ready that will fix that. I’m a little short on time these days, but I’ll try to upload those this weekend.

Locotomo
September 18th, 2022, 11:24
The Store button in the Modules windows also opens nothing.

leozelig
September 18th, 2022, 12:59
The Store button in the Modules windows also opens nothing.

Right, previously reported on page 91, post #909. Fixes for the spells list and store link are ready for upload, but since they are non-critical issues, I have been using my limited free time to convert a few adventure modules. The store hasn’t had any new adventures for some time. The spells do show up in the spells library (desktop button) and are searchable by source (ie, patron name).

leozelig
September 20th, 2022, 19:17
Ruleset updated today:

[Fixed] Ability scores display as 0 for new characters in party sheet.
[Fixed] Spell list is empty when accessed from modules window.
NPC special property ‘regenerate X’ adds effect ‘REGEN: X’ when NPC is dropped to combat tracker, where X is a number or dice clause. (Note: Already recognizes '[U]regeneration X'.
[Added] Link to store page.
[Added] Damage type ‘cold iron’.
[Added] Actions for spell altered visage from Emirikol Was Framed! adventure.

Tabarkus
October 2nd, 2022, 23:53
Increased Crit Range for NPCs does not seem to be working. The entry: "mace +2+deed melee (1d6+2+deed/18-20)" only produces a crit roll on a nat 20. Even without the deed designator, (1d6+2/18-20), doesn't work. I think I have the correct syntax.

leozelig
October 3rd, 2022, 00:59
Thanks, Tab. Good catch there. I tend to use the 'crit on 18-20' phrase in the special properties field, so I missed that. I'll get it fixed, but for now, the SP field works. You should see the fix in the next couple weeks hopefully.

leozelig
October 12th, 2022, 11:31
Updates submitted 10/12/22:

[Fixed] NPCs not applying improved crit range from damage clause.
[Updated] Spell actions for blessing and true name apply caster level bonus to relevant effects.

I'm thinking of adding a house rule option to generate ability scores with 4d6 drop lowest when you use the button on the char sheet or the /funnel command in chat. Maybe in the next update.

leozelig
October 16th, 2022, 09:53
I am considering adding more dice rolling methods for ability score generation. "4d6, drop the lowest" seems like the most basic option, but Purple Sorcerer (https://www.purplesorcerer.com/methods.php) describes a couple more from the 2015 Gen Con Program Guide that might be worth considering as well. At the very least, I am going to add a chat notification of dice rolls because it's fun to see what you rolled. Here's a screenshot of a potential 4d6 option:

leozelig
October 28th, 2022, 15:47
In honor of trick-or-treat season, I uploaded a fun little update for ability score generation:

[Added] GM houserule options for ability score generation using different dice rolling methods. Default is 3d6. Alternatives are 4d6 drop lowest, the Tatterdemalion’s Tampering (3d7; count 7 as 1, reroll 7, or count 7 as 6 based on random control die), and the Sezrekan method (4d7 drop lowest; count 7 as 6).

Tatterdemalion and Sezrekan are from the Goodman Games 2015 Gen Con Program Guide. This option will apply to the /funnel command as well, and I included a chat notification with dice roll results. The 4d6 method will show the dropped die, but for simplicity's sake, the other two options only show the dice after converting/rerolling 7s to whatever. The Purple Sorcerer website has more detailed info on the dice rolling methods if you are confused ;)

Tabarkus
October 29th, 2022, 18:46
Crom will have his vengence! But it's nice to have options.

leozelig
October 29th, 2022, 21:59
Crom will have his vengence! But it's nice to have options.

Lol, I’m trying to keep up with Purple Sorcerer, which is impossible of course! Tatterdemalion is very DCC. But yeah, this is just ruleset candy.

Feroand
December 11th, 2022, 15:50
I believe I have encountered a problem with the "Abbot of the Woods" module.
As you can see from the SSs, the encounter in area 2-2 isn't in the "encounter" section. When I click the "encounter" link in The Reference Manual, it shows an encounter. When I click "generate", it generates an encounter. But... The tokens cannot be placed automatically on the map.

I am not sure if it's because the number of the "gore spawn"s are random (generated/decided after the button) and the module doesn't include their map location due to that. After placing all of those tokens into the map, I got an error too.

No "encounter" record. The left window comes after clicking the link on the referance manual

After clicking "generate"

After clicking "place them into the combat tracker and map." There is an error.

After placing the tokens and clicking to "place them into the combat tracker and map". There is an error.

Thank you and have a nice day ��

leozelig
December 11th, 2022, 17:38
I believe I have encountered a problem with the "Abbot of the Woods" module.

As you can see from the SSs, the encounter in area 2-2 isn't in the "encounter" section. When I click the "encounter" link in The Reference Manual, it shows an encounter. When I click "generate", it generates an encounter. But... The tokens cannot be placed automatically on the map.

I am not sure if it's because the number of the "gore spawn"s are random (generated/decided after the button) and the module doesn't include their map location due to that. After placing all of those tokens into the map, I got an error too.

No "encounter" record. The left window comes after clicking the link on the referance manual

After clicking "generate"

After clicking "place them into the combat tracker and map." There is an error.

After placing the tokens and clicking to "place them into the combat tracker and map". There is an error.

Thank you and have a nice day ��

Hi Feroand,

Thanks for the detailed description. You are correct - random encounters do not have pre-set locations for map tokens.

Random encounters have their own list. Click the ‘Random’ button in the upper left corner of the Encounters list to access. As you said, the encounter will show in the regular list only after clicking the Generate button.

Once the encounter is generated, you can assign token locations by dropping the tokens from the encounter record to the map.

I see that the script errors are coming from the CoreRPG ruleset. I don’t think the DCC ruleset is the source of the problem. Try repeating the steps that generate errors with no extensions running. If the errors go away, then it’s a problem with one of the extensions. Post again if you need more help after trying that.

Feroand
December 12th, 2022, 20:44
Hi Feroand,

Thanks for the detailed description. You are correct - random encounters do not have pre-set locations for map tokens.

Random encounters have their own list. Click the ‘Random’ button in the upper left corner of the Encounters list to access. As you said, the encounter will show in the regular list only after clicking the Generate button.

Once the encounter is generated, you can assign token locations by dropping the tokens from the encounter record to the map.

I see that the script errors are coming from the CoreRPG ruleset. I don’t think the DCC ruleset is the source of the problem. Try repeating the steps that generate errors with no extensions running. If the errors go away, then it’s a problem with one of the extensions. Post again if you need more help after trying that.

Hello again.
I tried to generate the random encounter without any extensions as you said. After placing the tokens on the map, it gave me the same error.
Where should I report this, if it's necessary?

Have a nice day.

leozelig
December 12th, 2022, 23:01
Here is good for now. I’ll see what I can figure out - we’ll get it sorted out one way or another. Thanks again for the bug report!

leozelig
December 12th, 2022, 23:39
Looks like the problem was in the module data after all - I submitted a fix. ;)

Tabarkus
January 1st, 2023, 12:25
Forgot to say it at the time, but thanks for the update on the Urban Adventures character sheet!

ProfDogg
January 1st, 2023, 12:39
Forgot to say it at the time, but thanks for the update on the Urban Adventures character sheet!

Ditto...

leozelig
January 1st, 2023, 13:42
You’re welcome, happy gaming in 2023!

Salix
January 6th, 2023, 18:27
2-3-2022

I'm still seeing this error while playing.

leozelig
January 6th, 2023, 20:55
2-3-2022

I will take a look, thanks.

Caric Wandor
January 6th, 2023, 21:13
Here is a preview of the update planned for 5/14/19:

UPDATE figured it out-Hello Leozelig. Isee on this picture that you have it calculating a +1 on a critical roll for a spell. I can't seem to get mine to do that or know where to enter the data if manual, or what it references if auto. Any suggestions? thanks!55692

leozelig
January 6th, 2023, 21:57
Hello Leozelig. Isee on this picture that you have it calculating a +1 on a critical roll for a spell. I can't seem to get mine to do that or know where to enter the data if manual, or what it references if auto. Any suggestions? thanks!

Hi Caric,

The +1 on a critical hit with a spell check is the caster level. You can access this on the Actions tab, Magic section. Click the magnifying glass next to the base spell check modifier to bring up the calculation with the caster level in it. I don't recall off the top of my head if this is a read-only (light) field or editable (dark).

Hope that helps!

leozelig
January 6th, 2023, 21:58
2-3-2022

It looks like it's working for me. Make sure you are running the latest versions, and try it with no extensions active.

Griogre
February 4th, 2023, 07:22
DCC 67 Sailors of the Starless Sea

Apostrophes are squares.

Example of Apostrophes: Reference manual DCC 67 Sailors on the Starless Sea, DCC 67 Sailors on the Starless Seas, links, Area A - Devil's Causeway; the Story Entry 0.00.0, Area A - Devil's Causeway; Story entry 1.04.2 Area A Devil's Causeway. These are just examples, as far as I can tell every apostrophe in the story entries (incuding after the move speed in story stat blocks) and reference module is rendered as a square.

The Vine Horror NPC's move entry has the same square instead of an apostrophe.

I'd suggest a mass find and replace in the XML to change the bad character to a good one.

leozelig
February 4th, 2023, 12:32
DCC 67 Sailors of the Starless Sea

Apostrophes are squares.

Example of Apostrophes: Reference manual DCC 67 Sailors on the Starless Sea, DCC 67 Sailors on the Starless Seas, links, Area A - Devil's Causeway; the Story Entry 0.00.0, Area A - Devil's Causeway; Story entry 1.04.2 Area A Devil's Causeway. These are just examples, as far as I can tell every apostrophe in the story entries (incuding after the move speed in story stat blocks) and reference module is rendered as a square.

The Vine Horror NPC's move entry has the same square instead of an apostrophe.

I'd suggest a mass find and replace in the XML to change the bad character to a good one.

I think Smiteworks usually contacts the person who did the conversion for that, although that’s an easy fix if you have access to the db file. The text conversions were requested ages ago, but the community developer must not have done it. It’s a pretty annoying issue, I’m surprised it hasn’t been reported before now.

Griogre
February 5th, 2023, 00:45
I just checked this and the apostrophe problem doesn't happen in FGC. I suspect this was developed/released for FGC. It seemed so strange the developer would not notice it - it was so consistant. Do you want me to report it to Smiteworks in the House of Healing?

leozelig
February 5th, 2023, 11:31
Yes, report that one in the House of Healing. It was definitely related to the transition from FGC to FGU - the text format changed and the coding for certain special characters needed updating. Thanks for catching that! :)

leozelig
February 18th, 2023, 16:28
Small update to fix an issue with divine aid:

[Fixed] Divine aid increases disapproval range for all checks regardless of result.
[Updated] Disapproval range updates value instantly instead of requiring focus change.

c4pappy
March 2nd, 2023, 01:11
Hi Leozelig,

Is there any possibility of integrating death markers into the DCC ruleset? I noticed the latest video on this feature from the FGU guru guy on YouTube. But after updating to the latest version I don't see any way of selecting death markers for my DCC campaign.

Thanks for your work on DCC integration in FGU!

leozelig
March 2nd, 2023, 11:16
I can work on that. I can probably just pull the same code into the DCC ruleset. Thanks for the suggestion!

c4pappy
March 2nd, 2023, 15:00
That would be awesome. Thank you for looking into it!

leozelig
March 4th, 2023, 14:39
I submitted the following update earlier this week:

[Added] Missing corruption and misfire tables for magic missile spell.

There is also a known issue with Luck checks not accounting for adjustments in the Stat Loss dialog box (linked from the Abilities header on the Main tab of the char sheet). I will fix that and add death markers for the next update, so you should see that within the next couple weeks or so.

leozelig
March 10th, 2023, 11:40
Update submitted:

[Fixed] Luck rolls (roll under) not accounting for stat loss in target DC.
[Fixed] Ability score rolls not displaying in chat for /funnel command.
[Added] Death markers.

Currently the default death marker creature types include both 'undead' and 'un-dead'. The ruleset follows the convention in the core rules (un-dead), so I will fix that, but I didn't want to delay the update since it doesn't interfere with the functionality.

Tabarkus
March 28th, 2023, 02:05
Hey Leozelig, the DCC Urban Adventures extension for character sheets somehow blocks the Death Markers from working, the button doesn't even show up on the Options window.

leozelig
March 28th, 2023, 02:35
It’s due for an update. I’ll get that uploaded in the next couple days.

EDIT: The forge extension 'DCC Urban Adventures' has been updated.

Tabarkus
March 28th, 2023, 22:58
Thanks for the quick update!

leozelig
June 11th, 2023, 14:46
Small update this week:

[Fixed] Attack bonus not updating in weapon list when backstab option is checked.
[Fixed] Some custom dice labels with different format for damage types.

Just to clarify, the attack bonus for backstab was applying correctly to the roll, but the bonus shown in the weapon list was not updating when the backstab option was enabled.

For the next update, I am going to add some functionality for overnight rests. Currently, only HP are updated, but I am planning to reset disapproval range to 1 and restore burned Luck for thieves and halflings at 1 point per level. A chat message will notify you of any adjustments in case you need to manually reset to the old value. Recovering temporary damage to other ability scores is more complicated (sometimes requires magical healing, spellburn recovered only if no spellburn that day), so that will still require manual adjustment. I also noticed that some of the tables are not displaying in the ref manual - primarily the advancement tables for classes and a few others, so I'll get that fixed as well.

Tabarkus
June 22nd, 2023, 23:59
I've noticed some broken spells: "Unable to find casting table result for..." including 'Affliction Of The Gods', 'Blade of Atropos', 'Bolt from the Blue', 'Curse of Moaire', 'Food of the Gods'. I tested through "Forest Walk" alphabetically, there is also 'Neutralize Poison or Disease'. I'll test the rest of the spells later.

more testing includes 'Gust of Wind', 'Invoke Patron, King of Elfland', 'Invoke Patron, The Tree Fates', 'Kith of the Hydra', 'Neutraliz Poison or Disease', 'Phylactery of the Soul', "Protection From Evil', 'Ray of Enfeeblement', 'Reap The Whirlwind', 'Resist Cold Or Heat', 'Speak with the Dead', 'Turn to Stone', 'War Horn of Elfland', 'Word of Command'.

And that is it for the Core Spells.