PDA

View Full Version : Internationalization question

Varsuuk
April 21st, 2019, 19:21
I have made all the UI entries resource strings as I worked on the Lua/XML except for the PHB module.

How does FG work with multiple languages? Is it just the base engine and ruleset that is internationalized or do you guys have things like 5E PHB and adventures like Phandalver translated?
If no, we are done here and I've done it in matching way. But, if you guys translate the phb module for example, how does the player get "the right one" is it that you guys send alternate versions if their system is set to another language or some other mechanism?

I only play in English ;) but I am asking so I know what is expected AND possible.

LordEntrails
April 21st, 2019, 19:36
SmiteWorks has done no translations. Their is a community translation effort, see the "LPak Community Project" thread.

One thing to note, none of the automation (in 5E or elsewhere) such as with parsing traits and spell effects works in any language except English.

Varsuuk
April 21st, 2019, 23:31
Whew, makes things easier then. Will keep on with the resource strings and not sweat the rest.

Valyar
April 22nd, 2019, 09:34
What is important is Unicode support, so Cyrillic and other non-English languages to run natively.