PDA

View Full Version : AD&D 2E N1: Against the Cult of the Reptile God feedback thread

celestian
April 18th, 2019, 21:22
If you have suggestions, feedback or bug reports for the adventure "Against the Cult of the Reptile God" please post them here.

If you have questions, suggestions, feedback or bugs please post them here.

celestian
May 24th, 2019, 05:35
I've been given the ok to link to tokens in the Monstrous Manual (and monster portraits). Update this coming Tuesday will include that change. Moving forward all adventures I put together will do this from the start.

Doesn't rule out "letter" tokens entirely but it will drastically reduce them.

Transmission89
June 4th, 2019, 19:04
Hi! Great work btw and thank you for bringing 2E to Fantasy Grounds, I have the reprints but never got round to playing it! Hopefully this will change now it is on Fantasy Grounds. I am just playing round with N1 atm and am not sure if this is an omission/error/ my inexperience with fantasy grounds or 2e... As a player, I have opened up the pregen cleric and notice that he doesn't have any spells. On the PHB, being a level 1 cleric, should he not have a spell? Many thanks for any reply.

celestian
June 4th, 2019, 19:15
Hi! Great work btw and thank you for bringing 2E to Fantasy Grounds, I have the reprints but never got round to playing it! Hopefully this will change now it is on Fantasy Grounds. I am just playing round with N1 atm and am not sure if this is an omission/error/ my inexperience with fantasy grounds or 2e... As a player, I have opened up the pregen cleric and notice that he doesn't have any spells. On the PHB, being a level 1 cleric, should he not have a spell? Many thanks for any reply.

They should. I just looked at Wendelain and in actions->powers there are spells.

Is this not what you see?

https://i.imgur.com/ziJISdY.png

Transmission89
June 4th, 2019, 19:23
Wow, thank you for the quick reply!! This is embarrassing! yes it is there! I didn't have the char window open large enough to see that Powers Tab. Sorry, for the time waste but thank you very much! Can't wait to run this for my group! I look forward to any new 2E goodies you bring our way!

Btw, possibly another dumb question, can you run group initiative method on this or is it only individual? Also, are you planning any more tutorial vids for 2E? Because I will eat them up to!

Also a rules as opposed to ruleset question, how does the cleric have 2 spells? I thought they could only have 1 at level 1? or have I got that wrong?

Thanks again!

celestian
June 4th, 2019, 19:31
Wow, thank you for the quick reply!! This is embarrassing! yes it is there! I didn't have the char window open large enough to see that Powers Tab. Sorry, for the time waste but thank you very much! Can't wait to run this for my group! I look forward to any new 2E goodies you bring our way!

Btw, possibly another dumb question, can you run group initiative method on this or is it only individual? Also, are you planning any more tutorial vids for 2E? Because I will eat them up to!

Also a rules as opposed to ruleset question, how does the cleric have 2 spells? I thought they could only have 1 at level 1? or have I got that wrong?

Thanks again!

My pleasure to help.

There is group initiative for NPCs but not for PCs. You can ignore "individual" custom rolls and just let the system roll their generic initiative as a possible option.

Clerics with higher wisdom get bonus spells. That said, that is a pre-gen pc from the adventure and I used what was listed.

https://i.imgur.com/COuYK8t.png

But based on 17 wisdom 3 first levels sounds right. Bonus spells are not currently automated but once you apply them to the spell slot they will continue to be updated when the character levels.

Transmission89
June 4th, 2019, 19:34
Ah yes! Many thanks again!!

celestian
June 14th, 2022, 00:19
I've put together a set of maps that are higher resolution that can be used in this. I might integrate them into the product but if you'd like them you can find them here.

They are in the N1 section:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B53Z1k8zPr4cd293SnoyNGNEbHM?resourcekey=0-A6bHkBmU7BFIqnXVhyDQ9g&usp=sharing

Example of the first map.
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/fife/AAWUweXmwTynKutzUrQoREt2ZVfMarEB4mmqQhtSkwv878Rz06 4Bl_Wafef7_JuWYfAFJlNN8UlKJo4Y4Vsd_WrRPOPxAbhphIts y43fkzYnNV71PxpdpFEemkfM1QYrfzHOltb999DC9hlQHrZ5kR W5BkBmxLHt-50nqdDSahA3GebUyZ3kic_E9Sg143KeTBLZRQFeT4IYH1e_P6a ZxqbD9EGhFa3QdZlv4NQc05OnTpooa1gH0hA5l9Dc8_IOrHAFH TzsTLshKT_NkF9Hw1CdNJjWSXEBRKY9sypXbZSrPMosYyLcab_ RTdVNekmM-Z2ULpjFYAMk0woXXVyydltDKXv6fflTJ5-1yiEd5vAtyqitNoLra0Rb49XzPnQxT2THTgF-vUmNjkc2AEJM0gFj6VcLppjt6Vm6OCOk_Wncq38aqMVUGhcSKJ q2ZESjOJQSN-1FOfbmSkisN-ntSvLS-hjp1FuYIrm_nnlkkotn-I4T_enFd5xcBQ2aBY9HsqLsXEFwr9qrUmlLwzWiBI4t9dbiAtP sPPOnPDsTdAnBwsP0Eg4gGrxuJh9JfbkmHUX5BQc91ZpqyXQzm 04aDJ2PYH68oqlSQrFirjYA8n4UJF1JuPq4sl-01zgjNtcVjBhY7gqreGR0hQYR3LLJhj8medlQAjR2RG_zfxunV lb877kOSfJ6GD-xGf6PhBY7EwA-fE4g0T22QLMkOlwc1fVqboXhk0dA_rO3D9L7MF--2HsIlg8wcnQ_s3d4MTeTHmYStLlhAOS8ncqCiHBfJDxaPylMw0 BMFaCUVU8DCJKsybYJkmGKUlgXfUL1fLzfDH8-hsoC48-wpiZ1qibc5xpJKkCTneinCvCtEoHsS_vHllyq7zv_XKJCXZvCv FQiLoqZyISI0htva0As7Q3P1XBhYCD8SgXzJ0kQFK6feWsUpVH R6B9-SQvxiXT_GKIntrEUgwRAeGwkHovfx4tkF3OJ1znvu4GBWieCMA X_PqR2WLPOqH83TCKYBobcobc0sxWLt6U7TN3VCtkVxlxqdcz1 FeirIjisU6INOsKO60Bw9Cj0XiJbBDq64tJ5Dkw7zpsVRKl-4tdN3MGAgSzkqUk1sPGZxIL5zkI7p5IBBfwUpecYMOe9IxXFlO QyfjDtiy_eEsA7-WSEUzbJa37vcv4CsZzjLeXoCtN7fwg0JbWc5QPWD2ZGY0bI8zZ ywku9SAXap33KPMtT4ouSFX9H3IcRLoG8uyTu8-rwf0IpT5XvYurFOsBjMu95PjC6Z9Z1tCsTMM-Bq7i2LTdlVC6CA4tOycolBXh5Jjjo2OkLl-jXxwU8=w1947-h1280

graziano.girelli
June 17th, 2022, 22:41
Great maps!!! Many thanks.