PDA

View Full Version : AD&D 2E Player's Handbook feedback thread

celestian
April 17th, 2019, 00:36
If you have suggestions, feedback or bug reports for the AD&D 2E Player's Handbook please post them here.

So, with that said if you have questions, suggestions, feedback or bugs. Please post them here.

Rook
April 17th, 2019, 00:53
Just purchased all three reference modules.

I have an engineering qualification test scheduled for Wednesday.

Unable able to decide if I want to be employed - or - be happy screwing around with AD&D 2nd edition.

Maybe I should allow my wife to decide.

damned
April 17th, 2019, 01:15
Just purchased all three reference modules.

I have an engineering qualification test scheduled for Wednesday.

Unable able to decide if I want to be employed - or - be happy screwing around with AD&D 2nd edition.

Maybe I should allow my wife to decide.

Dont let her decide unless she plays too!

JohnD
April 17th, 2019, 06:18
Would it be possible to have a version of weapons that already have the weapon type vs armor adjustments on them? If not, would it be against the rules for someone to make custom versions and export them into a module to share?

Great work by the way... I know I've said it on Discord, but this is some impressive work.

Trenloe
April 17th, 2019, 21:05
If not, would it be against the rules for someone to make custom versions and export them into a module to share?
If they are replicating, or based on, what’s in the PHB and are not 100% game mechanics only, then yes, that would be against the rules (copyright).

celestian
April 17th, 2019, 21:15
Would it be possible to have a version of weapons that already have the weapon type vs armor adjustments on them?

I went back and forth on this and in the end I decided to leave it up to the DM. The reasons for that are it's a optional rule. Far as I know, not a very popular one, tho that could just be anecdotal. There is also how it works. To make it work the npc target needs to have the armor piece equipped and an effect added to the weapon used. Because of how FG handles node creation/management that causes some delays when loading the encounters of a lot of creatures with multiple inventory nodes into the combat tracker. I've been bouncing around some other methods in my head but as of yet I've not come up with a better way to handle it.... for those reasons, while the feature exists to use it I left it up to the DM.

JohnD
April 17th, 2019, 23:18
I went back and forth on this and in the end I decided to leave it up to the DM. The reasons for that are it's a optional rule. Far as I know, not a very popular one, tho that could just be anecdotal. There is also how it works. To make it work the npc target needs to have the armor piece equipped and an effect added to the weapon used. Because of how FG handles node creation/management that causes some delays when loading the encounters of a lot of creatures with multiple inventory nodes into the combat tracker. I've been bouncing around some other methods in my head but as of yet I've not come up with a better way to handle it.... for those reasons, while the feature exists to use it I left it up to the DM.

Yeah, I've already figured out how to get it to work, just a lot of data entry on the front end and then custom creatures which use actual weapons in play.

Eru the One
April 18th, 2019, 05:04
Bastard Sword - 1h speed is correct (6), but 2h shows (6) instead of (8)

Slayveen
April 18th, 2019, 05:08
In the Weapons window from Items the table is missing the Heading under Martial Weapons.

celestian
April 18th, 2019, 06:18
Bastard Sword - 1h speed is correct (6), but 2h shows (6) instead of (8)

Found and fixed, thanks! (and in the DMG). Updates go out Tuesday so that'll be when you see it first.

In the Weapons window from Items the table is missing the Heading under Martial Weapons.

Hum, missed that. I need to remove those "subtypes" since they are not used in the same way in AD&D. I've got it on the task list, thanks for the report!.

Rook
April 18th, 2019, 23:44
whoops, wrong thread

esmdev
April 20th, 2019, 21:00
Hi. So Shortsword and Scimitar seem to have been orphaned into a separate weapon category and also shortsword has jumped into the future and came back listing itself as a finesse weapon.

Also, this is in items > weapons.

celestian
April 20th, 2019, 22:06
Hi. So Shortsword and Scimitar seem to have been orphaned into a separate weapon category and also shortsword has jumped into the future and came back listing itself as a finesse weapon.

Also, this is in items > weapons.

This is corrected in the update that's coming Tuesday already. Your previous report led me to finding the 5E categories still listed on some weapons.

This is the new view using "Weapons" button. Does this address what you're talking about?

https://i.imgur.com/SQol0su.png

esmdev
April 20th, 2019, 22:43
Yep, looks good. :)

One thing we noticed during character generation was when we add a weapon proficiency (say dagger) and then we drag a dagger to inventory the dagger added to the action tab doesn't know that it's connected to the dagger proficiency. We figured out with some experimentation that we could click the gear on the weapon in the action tab and use the drop down to assign dagger to the weapon but it wasn't very intuitive until we figured it out.

celestian
April 20th, 2019, 23:36
Yep, looks good. :)

One thing we noticed during character generation was when we add a weapon proficiency (say dagger) and then we drag a dagger to inventory the dagger added to the action tab doesn't know that it's connected to the dagger proficiency. We figured out with some experimentation that we could click the gear on the weapon in the action tab and use the drop down to assign dagger to the weapon but it wasn't very intuitive until we figured it out.

That's how it works right now. I'm not happy with it. Weapon proficiencies are not "attached" to weapons. Weapons listed in your actions tab need to have them applied. (as you found).

It would be really convenient if I could prompt the user with a menu, that blocks all other actions, and ask you if you want to apply a proficiency to a weapon that has a similar name you just acquired. Maybe just prompt for applying a prof to a weapon you picked up giving the same drop down you see in actions->weapons->gear/details. FG doesn't let me use blocking prompts and im afraid of the window getting overlooked.

Right now you have to manually apply the proficiencies however.

I'm going to make a task (https://freedcamp.com/adndmikes_project_tOw/ADD_Ruleset_q7K/todos/23922565/) and roll this around for a while and see if I can come up with something better.

esmdev
April 21st, 2019, 00:07
MadBeardMan seems to have found a way to link action tab items to skills in the Traveller ruleset and it works quite nicely. I'm not sure that his solution would work but he might share. Sadly the Traveller ruleset is unhappily encrypted so we can't look for ourselves.

celestian
April 21st, 2019, 01:23
MadBeardMan seems to have found a way to link action tab items to skills in the Traveller ruleset and it works quite nicely. I'm not sure that his solution would work but he might share. Sadly the Traveller ruleset is unhappily encrypted so we can't look for ourselves.

If someone can make a video showing how it works that would be helpful. The weapons actions can be linked to profs it's not the way I'd like it tho. Since skills are on one tab and the actions on another.

You can drag/drop profs into a weapon details window to apply the prof as well.

Open up the attack details:

https://i.imgur.com/7mTLIKf.png

Now change tabs to skills with the details window still there:

https://i.imgur.com/v35sRK6.png

In the above example I applied the Longsword weapon prof.

You can also create a weapon prof by dragging and dropping a weapon into the weapons prof page.

https://i.imgur.com/A4SPo9A.png

Merell
April 21st, 2019, 11:45
Celestian, any possibility to share the wording to add abilities, skills etc for manually adding kits? Though I know some my knowledge is too limited to really delve into adding Kits from the "Complete" books to help auto populate the fields.

Thanks in advance if you are able.

celestian
April 21st, 2019, 20:56
Celestian, any possibility to share the wording to add abilities, skills etc for manually adding kits? Though I know some my knowledge is too limited to really delve into adding Kits from the "Complete" books to help auto populate the fields.

Thanks in advance if you are able.

I'm actually tweaking those a bit right now as I am in the final stages of some of the handbook conversions. They do mostly work the same as the 5E ruleset but I've added a few new options for AD&D specific items.

There are 3 keywords for "features" that you want to have a choice/selection list with.

"weapon specialization"
The end result for specialization will give them the weapon proficiency with +1hit/+2 damage.

"weapon proficiency"
The end result for specialization will give them the weapon proficiency.

"non-weapon proficiency"
The end result for non-weapon will give them the non-weapon proficiency.

When a match of those strings is found the parser will look for this in the text of the feature.

"Choose (%w+) from among ([^$%.]+)"

%w+ is expected to be the word "one" or "two" or "three" and so on (up to nine). It will expect a comma delimited list of names after "from among *".

An example from a kit I am working on.

Feature name: Myrmidon Bonus Weapon Specialization
Text within Feature:

The Myrmidon kit is allowed to make a weapon specialization choice.
Choose one from among Battle axe, Composite long bow, Composite short bow, Long bow, Heavy crossbow, Light crossbow, Lance, Polearm, Spear, Long Sword, Short Sword, Bastard Sword or Two-Handed Sword.

That should pretty much do all ya need for kits.

Topdecker
April 23rd, 2019, 20:40
Earlier, I had reported 'Morning Star' as missing. Later, on a whim, I decided to compare to the PDF (which I had not previously owned) and 'Mancatcher' is also missing. I think that it would be wise to check weapons in that alphabetical range to see if they exist. I did not check further due to limited time.

celestian
April 23rd, 2019, 20:52
Earlier, I had reported 'Morning Star' as missing. Later, on a whim, I decided to compare to the PDF (which I had not previously owned) and 'Mancatcher' is also missing. I think that it would be wise to check weapons in that alphabetical range to see if they exist. I did not check further due to limited time.

I'll do a walk through before next update and make sure to pickup any others missing.

esmdev
April 24th, 2019, 01:51
Hi.

Table 60 in the PHB Reference Manual has an extra row that lists Paralyzation,. In the cell below it, it also lists Paralyzation. The extra row is unneeded.

celestian
April 24th, 2019, 03:06
Hi.

Table 60 in the PHB Reference Manual has an extra row that lists Paralyzation,. In the cell below it, it also lists Paralyzation. The extra row is unneeded.

Thanks for the report, got it.

Slayveen
April 25th, 2019, 16:13
In the PHB Table 12: Aging Effects, the header is misaligned with the columns.

celestian
April 25th, 2019, 16:23
In the PHB Table 12: Aging Effects, the header is misaligned with the columns.

Indeed it was. I had fixed it in the document/ref-manual section but not in the table list section. Fixed for next update.

Topdecker
April 28th, 2019, 04:23
Not sure if it is intentional, but I am not finding any ANIMALS in the PHB. Was looking to buy a horse or a camel... Or a goat because I like watching halflings try to ride 'em.

Thanks!

celestian
April 28th, 2019, 05:29
Not sure if it is intentional, but I am not finding any ANIMALS in the PHB. Was looking to buy a horse or a camel... Or a goat because I like watching halflings try to ride 'em.

Thanks!

Those are "npcs/creatures" so would be from MM? I guess I could put an "item" in for just the price listing?

Topdecker
April 28th, 2019, 06:06
I would appreciate it - finding the price is what players want to do (and I don't need them in a MM).

celestian
April 28th, 2019, 07:37
I would appreciate it - finding the price is what players want to do (and I don't need them in a MM).

NP, I'll make sure they are in. The other missing items and weapons should show up on update around Tuesday.

esmdev
April 28th, 2019, 11:49

I would want the players to have access to the horse stats in the event that it becomes involved in a combat. That would require it have an MM entry. Price is also important so it needs both MM and PHB entry.

Topdecker
April 28th, 2019, 15:27
I would want the players to have access to the horse stats in the event that it becomes involved in a combat. That would require it have an MM entry. Price is also important so it needs both MM and PHB entry.

I am not positive, but I suspect that you can expose individual record in the MM to the players. But it probably isn't much value to the player since I think that the DM will have to drag the horse's record out, hard code the hit points, make it friendly, drop it in the tracker...

Tim

Topdecker
April 29th, 2019, 04:35
Not necessarily a PHB bug, but...

On spells that I have added, if I lock the record, I can still go in and change the init (initiative) value without unlocking it. It might do the same thing on regular spells; didn't test it. I personally don't mind it, just didn't know if it was intended.

I was also able to buy a goat - thanks for the hard work!

celestian
April 29th, 2019, 04:45
Not necessarily a PHB bug, but...

On spells that I have added, if I lock the record, I can still go in and change the init (initiative) value without unlocking it. It might do the same thing on regular spells; didn't test it. I personally don't mind it, just didn't know if it was intended.

Yes, there are some sub-window fields that don't get "locked" like actions/etc. This happens in various other areas as well. The core things that do get locked tend to be direct fields (names, descriptions, type, etc).

You must have "Test" updates on ;)

LordEntrails
April 29th, 2019, 06:03

Am I the only one that is suspicious as to why you want to buy a goat? I'm not sure I believe the halfling mount story...

Topdecker
April 29th, 2019, 12:18
Am I the only one that is suspicious as to why you want to buy a goat? I'm not sure I believe the halfling mount story...

I was suspicious of the halflings as well - turns out that they are milking the goat and making cheese for Owl Bear alfredo.

JohnD
April 29th, 2019, 15:29

A dwarf has to ride into battle on something.

LordEntrails
April 29th, 2019, 19:38
I was suspicious of the halflings as well - turns out that they are milking the goat and making cheese for Owl Bear alfredo.
I've always worried that owl bear would be kinda of gamey and oily. But I guess that might go well with creamy alfredo?

GunbunnyFuFu
April 29th, 2019, 23:23
It appears Ring Mail is missing from the basic armor types. I see the magic (and cursed) varieties of Ring Mail, but not the normal, non-magical variety.

GBFF

celestian
April 30th, 2019, 04:14
It appears Ring Mail is missing from the basic armor types. I see the magic (and cursed) varieties of Ring Mail, but not the normal, non-magical variety.

GBFF

I'll check when I get back home, added this to the tasks list (https://freedcamp.com/adndmikes_project_tOw/ADD_2E_PHB_14B/todos/24098856/).

Merell
April 30th, 2019, 17:28
First a thank you for being very diligent on fixing mislabeled items as well as adding missing ones. I'm sure you dream of the day that these are all fixed and you can move on to more fun things. Found one Composite Long Bow is missing the weight, should be 3lbs I believe.

Merell

Topdecker
April 30th, 2019, 20:37
Sorry to report that 'Hallucinatory Terrain' is called 'Hallucinatory' in the ruleset. The latter sounds far more intriguing.

EDIT: POWER WORK: STUN vs Power Word: Stun - found this a little bit ago.

celestian
May 1st, 2019, 00:09
Sorry to report that 'Hallucinatory Terrain' is called 'Hallucinatory' in the ruleset. The latter sounds far more intriguing.

EDIT: POWER WORK: STUN vs Power Word: Stun - found this a little bit ago.

Added task to resolve.

yeknom
May 3rd, 2019, 14:08
Any chance we can get the skills tab renamed to Nonweapon Proficiencies and could we get a similar section on the character sheet?

celestian
May 3rd, 2019, 15:26
Any chance we can get the skills tab renamed to Nonweapon Proficiencies and could we get a similar section on the character sheet?

It's also skills (re: thief, or any other percentile based). That tab also includes weapon profs and other items so it wouldnt be accurate to call it non-weapon either.

yeknom
May 4th, 2019, 05:25
It's also skills (re: thief, or any other percentile based). That tab also includes weapon profs and other items so it wouldnt be accurate to call it non-weapon either.

Understood.

celestian
May 7th, 2019, 17:32
First a thank you for being very diligent on fixing mislabeled items as well as adding missing ones. I'm sure you dream of the day that these are all fixed and you can move on to more fun things. Found one Composite Long Bow is missing the weight, should be 3lbs I believe.

Merell

I've corrected this and it should show up on next week's update along with a few others.

Topdecker
May 8th, 2019, 17:00
A quick question... I noticed that you can import items/gear. It isn't clear what the expected input format should generally resemble. (If CSV, the order of information would be helpful; if keyword/trigger, then the keywords needed and expected order would be nice.)

Thanks!

celestian
May 8th, 2019, 17:12
A quick question... I noticed that you can import items/gear. It isn't clear what the expected input format should generally resemble. (If CSV, the order of information would be helpful; if keyword/trigger, then the keywords needed and expected order would be nice.)

Thanks!

This is something I planned to put on the tips post along with npc and spells but...

Here is how you get to the window. Click the "Edit List" option and click the blue import button.

https://i.imgur.com/Bp0fHCO.png

The top of the window describes what format it wants (The trailing space-space listed on weight is not necessary). In this screenshot I show some examples of what it expects.

https://i.imgur.com/Q5Ne9pE.png

For now, FG doesn't cope with tabs which would be my preferred divider... so instead I use double space. Right now the importer will import name, cost and weight. You can import just names or names+cost or names+cost+weight.

I guess you should get bonus experience for finding this. I don't think I added it to the update notes because I wanted to add it to the tips section ;)

Topdecker
May 8th, 2019, 17:25
Thanks! Your explanation helps. I actually found this like a few weeks ago; not sure how I missed the text explaining how to use it :o

But the visual guide the you posted is very useful indeed.

Topdecker
May 8th, 2019, 20:18
Something that I ran across... I don't know how often this repeats in other campaign settings, but for Zakhara (Al-Qadim), each class in a Multi-class or Dual-Class character must take a kit:

Multi-class characters are allowed in the Land of Fate, but they require one kit for each class. Players may not choose a Zakharan kit for one class and a “foreigner” kit for another.

I mention it because we've only got the one slot. Yeah, I am pretty sure that I can keep changing out kits and get there, but without an audit trail.

celestian
May 8th, 2019, 21:05
Something that I ran across... I don't know how often this repeats in other campaign settings, but for Zakhara (Al-Qadim), each class in a Multi-class or Dual-Class character must take a kit:

Multi-class characters are allowed in the Land of Fate, but they require one kit for each class. Players may not choose a Zakharan kit for one class and a “foreigner” kit for another.

I mention it because we've only got the one slot. Yeah, I am pretty sure that I can keep changing out kits and get there, but without an audit trail.

More than likely there will not be a "multi-kit" option until that specific setting is added. However you can drag/drop as many as you like I believe but it will only show the one.

Topdecker
May 9th, 2019, 05:43
If you can get the data into Excel then exported as a CSV format document with named headers, a powershell script like this...

$csv = Import-Csv -Path C:\users\tim\Desktop\temp.csv
cls
foreach ($item in $csv) {
$writeline = "$($item.Item) $($item.Cost) $($item.Weight)"
$writeline
}

Can dump the data into the proper output format.

https://i.imgur.com/QpljG37.png

I guess an Excel macro is another way to go - if you enjoy torture.

mozmonar
May 16th, 2019, 01:06
Not sure if I am missing it somewhere but I can't see a way to select a specialty wizard apart from Illusionist. Are they incorporated somewhere?

celestian
May 16th, 2019, 04:09
Not sure if I am missing it somewhere but I can't see a way to select a specialty wizard apart from Illusionist. Are they incorporated somewhere?

Only the classes fully detailed in the PHB (exp tables/class descriptions etc) are there as class records.

That said the only difference in the "specialists" (like Illusionist) is the modified access/features to schools. One could just copy the Illusionist class, rename it to whichever you are using and update the access/features notes.

Natewizard
May 16th, 2019, 23:29
Any other complete handbooks in the works?

celestian
May 17th, 2019, 01:16
Any other complete handbooks in the works?

Priest will be submitted by end of week. Ranger in a few weeks. That's the ones in the immediate future.

Natewizard
May 18th, 2019, 01:05
I bought this edition of D&D as a old grognard :). But when I when to run my first game it seemed to get a huge lag spike when trying to load monsters into the combat tracker. I can run a 5E game no problems with minimal lag. Any ideas on how to fix this

celestian
May 18th, 2019, 01:10
I bought this edition of D&D as a old grognard :). But when I when to run my first game it seemed to get a huge lag spike when trying to load monsters into the combat tracker. I can run a 5E game no problems with minimal lag. Any ideas on how to fix this

Can you explain what you are loading and how many?

The AD&D ruleset is different in how it handles various data structures. To add some of the features I wanted I had to add several more "nodes" to the data than 5E has. When FG has to create those nodes it takes time (it's one of the slower parts of FG) and because of that there will be a difference in loading times.

damned
May 18th, 2019, 05:01
The trade off is the NPCs in 2E have more functionality - drag and drop weapons etc - this creates the initial loading lag.

Natewizard
May 18th, 2019, 12:44
I only got to run two encounters. I was running caves of Chaos, and group ran into 10 kolbolds took forever to load up into the tracker, the second was a large group of giant rats.

damned
May 18th, 2019, 12:46
I only got to run two encounters. I was running caves of Chaos, and group ran into 10 kolbolds took forever to load up into the tracker, the second was a large group of giant rats.

Are you running on Windows, Mac or Linux?
Do you have Cross Compatibility Mode turned on? If so try disabling it?

hawkwind
May 18th, 2019, 16:16
I have noticed some lag loading encounters in win 10 machine, not much lag certainly not "forever" but noticable

Natewizard
May 18th, 2019, 16:21
I'm running on Windows 10, thinking of just setting up encounters with smaller groups of monsters and see if that works to speed load times up.

celestian
May 18th, 2019, 20:01

Did you use the standard MM creatures?

In general it takes 0.5-1.5 seconds to load an npc. If the npc has a multiple attacks, powers or inventory items it will increase that amount accordingly.

I just did a test of 10 kobolds (took 7 seconds) and 10 giant rats (took 3 seconds). Obviously your mileage will vary depending on your system and what you've already got loaded as FG is not that great at memory management.

celestian
May 23rd, 2019, 00:00
Only the classes fully detailed in the PHB (exp tables/class descriptions etc) are there as class records.

That said the only difference in the "specialists" (like Illusionist) is the modified access/features to schools. One could just copy the Illusionist class, rename it to whichever you are using and update the access/features notes.

I had a discussion with Smiteworks about adding the "not completely detailed" versions of specialist mages and I was given the ok to proceed. The specialty version of the class will be in the update next Tuesday.

Frankison
May 23rd, 2019, 00:23
I approve of this.

mozmonar
May 23rd, 2019, 22:16
Great news. Thanks!

JohnD
May 23rd, 2019, 23:26
Good news!

mozmonar
June 2nd, 2019, 09:38
While it is unlikely to be an issue in standard games, I have discovered that the minimum HP rolls for exceptionally high CON (1s being treated as 2s, 1s and 2s being treated as 3s, etc.) do not automatically change to the minimum roll. Not sure if this is a bug or just something that hasn't been implemented.

celestian
June 2nd, 2019, 20:31
While it is unlikely to be an issue in standard games, I have discovered that the minimum HP rolls for exceptionally high CON (1s being treated as 2s, 1s and 2s being treated as 3s, etc.) do not automatically change to the minimum roll. Not sure if this is a bug or just something that hasn't been implemented.

Indeed, that is not currently automated unfortunately. It's a complex feature to capture and adjust for. I've added a task (https://freedcamp.com/adndmikes_project_tOw/ADD_Ruleset_q7K/todos/24850601/) so I do not loose this one.

mozmonar
June 2nd, 2019, 21:32
Indeed, that is not currently automated unfortunately. It's a complex feature to capture and adjust for. I've added a task (https://freedcamp.com/adndmikes_project_tOw/ADD_Ruleset_q7K/todos/24850601/) so I do not loose this one.
I assumed as much. Outside of Dark Sun this is pretty much an edge case scenario. Not a big deal just wanted to make you aware of it in case it was supposed to work but wasn't.

Natewizard
June 14th, 2019, 16:02
I am running AD&D 2E, whenever I click to change to the next player or monster in the combat tracker I get this error
And only running the AD&D 2E stuff I bought no extension.

And I hope this is posted in the right place this time.

celestian
June 14th, 2019, 18:12
I am running AD&D 2E, whenever I click to change to the next player or monster in the combat tracker I get this error
And only running the AD&D 2E stuff I bought no extension.

And I hope this is posted in the right place this time.

From the looks of the screenshot it looks like you are using an extension... a theme of some sort?

LordEntrails
June 17th, 2019, 21:36
From the looks of the screenshot it looks like you are using an extension... a theme of some sort?
That looks like the Dungeon Theme off of fg-con.com. But could be a reskin of that etc.

celestian
August 12th, 2019, 02:25
This coming update (8/13) will be my last for a bit more than likely. Helping kiddos move off to college and then day job is sending me off to travel for about 3 weeks so I don't expect I'll be back to a regular update schedule until after Sept 21st.

Just wanted to give a heads up.

malditobill
August 18th, 2019, 03:35
Hi. Is possible that magic armor/weapon does not have the magic modifier apllied? I mean, if select a leather armor +5, the AC aplied is still 8.

Sorry, should have posted this in DMG thread

celestian
August 19th, 2019, 01:59
Hi. Is possible that magic armor/weapon does not have the magic modifier apllied? I mean, if select a leather armor +5, the AC aplied is still 8.

Sorry, should have posted this in DMG thread

If you've the settings correct they will apply the bonus. Here is an example.

https://i.imgur.com/WcKjENL.png

celestian
September 18th, 2019, 13:50
This coming update (8/13) will be my last for a bit more than likely. Helping kiddos move off to college and then day job is sending me off to travel for about 3 weeks so I don't expect I'll be back to a regular update schedule until after Sept 21st.

Just wanted to give a heads up.

I've returned to my homeland from all my travel (tho I did bring back the plague from Amsterdam) and I'll be getting back to regularly scheduled updates, so look for them starting next week.

Grumpzz
April 27th, 2020, 22:30
Hello,
Was looking at the skills that come with the player's handbook and noticed that under Warrior it is missing 1 skill and error on a skill mod.

1- Warrior: Gaming CHA Mod 0 (Currently not listed under this filter) (its listed under Rogue also so no worries)
2- Warrior: Tracking WIS Mod 0 (Currently listed with a Mod -6)

Page 55 (TSR2101 book)

JohnD
April 27th, 2020, 23:33
Tracking has a -6 because nobody should be as good at it as a Ranger (who has the same skill but without the -6 IIRC).

Grumpzz
April 28th, 2020, 00:03
I do agree ranger should be without compare. Though i was just making note of it being listed incorrect (might have been a typo). Did not know it was intended to have it with a penalty not listed on book.

I think that was taken into account on the book. page 28/29 says they gets tracking without expending any points for the skill. They also note that

-"Furthermore, this skill improves by +1 for every three levels the ranger has earned(3rd to 5th, +1; 6th to 8th level, +2, etc)"

To my understanding that bonus was to show they are better than your average non ranger.

Thanks for explanation on the reason it's -6

:D

yeknom
April 28th, 2020, 01:04
The description of the -6 penalty for tracking is in the description of the proficiency itself, " Characters with tracking proficiency are able to follow the trail of creatures and characters across most types of terrain. Characters who are not rangers roll a proficiency check with a -6 penalty to their ability scores; rangers have no penalty to their ability scores. In addition, other modifiers are also applied to the attempt, according to Table 39." The gaming proficiency, as you stated, does not show up in the Warrior skill section as it should.

Grumpzz
April 28th, 2020, 13:03
You guys are totally correct on the tracking.

celestian
April 28th, 2020, 14:55
Hello,
Was looking at the skills that come with the player's handbook and noticed that under Warrior it is missing 1 skill.

1- Warrior: Gaming CHA Mod 0 (Currently not listed under this filter) (its listed under Rogue also so no worries)

I've corrected in my development copy. The update will go out when I am able to submit my next patch bundle.

Natewizard
May 1st, 2020, 17:16
Not sure this is the right place to ask this, but is there and plans on a complete book of the drow or a Unearthed arcana?

celestian
May 1st, 2020, 17:22
Not sure this is the right place to ask this, but is there and plans on a complete book of the drow or a Unearthed arcana?

Complete Book of Drow? I don't think I ever saw such a thing? Did you mean something else? As to Unearthed Arcana, that is a 1e rulebook. Basic and 1e adventures are game for conversions however (adapted for the 2E ruleset).

Davide87
May 1st, 2020, 17:45
Complete Book of Drow? I don't think I ever saw such a thing? Did you mean something else? As to Unearthed Arcana, that is a 1e rulebook. Basic and 1e adventures are game for conversions however (adapted for the 2E ruleset).

https://www.enciclopediagdr.com/i-drow-dei-reami/

JohnD
May 1st, 2020, 18:23
Huh... never seen that one before.

Davide87
May 1st, 2020, 18:25
https://it.scribd.com/document/356276292/I-Drow-Dei-Reami

Not complete

celestian
May 1st, 2020, 19:16
https://www.enciclopediagdr.com/i-drow-dei-reami/

You mean this?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drow_of_the_Underdark

I've actually got that one, never heard it called Complete book of Drow so was a bit confused.

Sterno
June 10th, 2020, 03:25
- Level 2 Divine Spell "Aid" should have a duration of 1 + 1 rnd/level, but the effect is coded to be 1 round/level.
- The Level 6 Arcane spell "Ensnarement" is typed as "Ensarement"
- The Level 1 Arcane spell "Friends" should give 2d4 charisma, but the effect is coded as 1d4 charisma (and probably needs to be in brackets as CHA: [2d4])
- The Level 1 Arcane spell "Color Spray" has a typo in it's "Unconscious" effect (currently written as "Unconcious").
- The level 1 Arcane spell "Reduce" does not have the damage effects coded into it's effects. The opposite version of it, "Enlarge", does seem to have both correct though.

celestian
June 10th, 2020, 15:27
- Level 2 Divine Spell "Aid" should have a duration of 1 + 1 rnd/level, but the effect is coded to be 1 round/level.
- The Level 6 Arcane spell "Ensnarement" is typed as "Ensarement"
- The Level 1 Arcane spell "Friends" should give 2d4 charisma, but the effect is coded as 1d4 charisma (and probably needs to be in brackets as CHA: [2d4])
- The Level 1 Arcane spell "Color Spray" has a typo in it's "Unconscious" effect (currently written as "Unconcious").
- The level 1 Arcane spell "Reduce" does not have the damage effects coded into it's effects. The opposite version of it, "Enlarge", does seem to have both correct though.

All of these were fixed based on Discord reports. Some wont show till next week due to timeframe they were reported in and submission deadlines.

Sterno
June 17th, 2020, 20:14
The 2nd level Divine spell "Know Alignment" should have a duration of 1 turn, but the effect is coded as 1 round.
Edit: This is also true for it's reversed version, Undetectable Alignment.

Sterno
June 17th, 2020, 20:52
There's a variety of problems with the 2nd level Divine spell Spiritual Weapon's coded damage effect.

There is a minor problem of it using 1/5th caster level instead of 1/6th and not capping at level 13, but the main problem is that it has a custom die of 1d4 which isn't actually getting applied (at least, not for a 3rd level caster). I think the CL multiplier is trying to act on that custom die, because I noticed that the die appears for CL/2 and CL/3 but disappears for CL/4 and CL/5 when I tried toggling to see if there was CL/6.

Sterno
December 14th, 2020, 21:01
The spell effect for the 1st level Arcane spell Spider Climb has a duration of CL*3 + 1. It should be CL*1 + 3.

celestian
December 15th, 2020, 00:30
The spell effect for the 1st level Arcane spell Spider Climb has a duration of CL*3 + 1. It should be CL*1 + 3.

Thanks for the heads up, got it.

gbhenderson
January 15th, 2021, 18:36
A few of the PHB spells are missing effects labels (detect charm, undectable charm for example). This wasn't an issue until the recent CT modification. Now on the DM side, clicking a player that owns these spells in the CT throws up error logs.

The spells show up as a blank line on the CT actions tab. The quick temporary fix was to simply open the spell on the character sheet and add an effects title in the powers tab.

I wasn't thinking ahead enough to write down the errors, sorry. Just remember it saying "nil value" and pointing to the powers, and I was able to narrow it down from there.

celestian
January 15th, 2021, 19:25
A few of the PHB spells are missing effects labels (detect charm, undectable charm for example). This wasn't an issue until the recent CT modification. Now on the DM side, clicking a player that owns these spells in the CT throws up error logs.

The spells show up as a blank line on the CT actions tab. The quick temporary fix was to simply open the spell on the character sheet and add an effects title in the powers tab.

I wasn't thinking ahead enough to write down the errors, sorry. Just remember it saying "nil value" and pointing to the powers, and I was able to narrow it down from there.

That is one of the fixes I submitted for next weeks update. Not adding the effect to those spells but adding additional sanity checking to make sure that doesn't happen. Now it will show as [Eff] if the effect string is blank.

That said, I will update the phb version of spells with missing effect tags at a later date.

gbhenderson
January 15th, 2021, 20:07
Thanks Celestian. One of my players and I were saying you probably already had a fix ready :D

sadwargamer
April 28th, 2021, 18:31
Hi Celestian,

Re the Stoneskin spell,currently a "skin" is only removed when the player is succesfully hit. Whereas the "skins" should be removed whenever the protected creature is "attacked" regardless of rolls as per spell description. Is it posisble to ammend this please?

Thanks.

sasaki
October 28th, 2021, 03:36
Hi Celestian. I think this is the proper place to put this rather than in ruleset feedback. Curious about the Palidin aura of protection effect. Currently it is: Paladin Aura(SELF); IFT: ALIGN(evil);AC: 1;

So this seems like it will make the paladin's AC 1 better if the creature attacking is evil.

The description of the aura of protection is "A paladin is surrounded by an aura of protection with a 10-foot radius. Within this radius, all summoned and specifically evil creatures suffer a -1 penalty to their attack rolls, regardless of whom they attack".

So it seems like the more correct effect would be: AURA:10 foe violet;IF:ALIGN(evil);ATK:-1 (I chose violet for the color of my aura on the map!). So like the description of the aura, this would lower the attack roll of any evil foe within 10 feet.

Let me know your thoughts...

celestian
October 28th, 2021, 03:57
Hi Celestian. I think this is the proper place to put this rather than in ruleset feedback. Curious about the Palidin aura of protection effect. Currently it is: Paladin Aura(SELF); IFT: ALIGN(evil);AC: 1;

So this seems like it will make the paladin's AC 1 better if the creature attacking is evil.

The description of the aura of protection is "A paladin is surrounded by an aura of protection with a 10-foot radius. Within this radius, all summoned and specifically evil creatures suffer a -1 penalty to their attack rolls, regardless of whom they attack".

So it seems like the more correct effect would be: AURA:10 foe violet;IF:ALIGN(evil);ATK:-1 (I chose violet for the color of my aura on the map!). So like the description of the aura, this would lower the attack roll of any evil foe within 10 feet.

Let me know your thoughts...

Thats because when the PHB was created, auras didn't exist. It could be added in NOW but im a bit worried about changing it because it presumes you have tokens on the map... as it would not work if they were using theater of the mind ... where as the other method works always.

Tensin
February 3rd, 2022, 04:08
Under the Mage class in at least the PHB and Complete Wizard's handbook, there's a typo.
Where it says "Allowed Armor: None", the "N" in "None" is bold, and there's an extra space "N one"

celestian
February 3rd, 2022, 04:42
Under the Mage class in at least the PHB and Complete Wizard's handbook, there's a typo.
Where it says "Allowed Armor: None", the "N" in "None" is bold, and there's an extra space "N one"

Corrected these, they will go out when there is a update to them. Don't want to push it out for typos for now ;)

Morenu
October 18th, 2022, 21:37
I am using Mad Nomad's Library UI ext. so perhaps this may show different but here is what I saw (some of these may not be adventures I was unsure on some)

Tenebris
November 14th, 2022, 22:13
Getting an error when attempting to run the @function in a table (e.g. "Andesine@[1d10*1d10] sp"), which has been working fine for the last few months.

Script execution error: [string "2E:scripts/manager_utilities_adnd.lua"]:770: copyNode: Source node does not exist

I tested the error in my clean FG instance that I use for building to make sure it wasn't due to other extensions and it occurs 100% of the time when I am trying to create random valued gems in a parcel.

celestian
November 15th, 2022, 16:19
Getting an error when attempting to run the @function in a table (e.g. "Andesine@[1d10*1d10] sp"), which has been working fine for the last few months.

Script execution error: [string "2E:scripts/manager_utilities_adnd.lua"]:770: copyNode: Source node does not exist

I tested the error in my clean FG instance that I use for building to make sure it wasn't due to other extensions and it occurs 100% of the time when I am trying to create random valued gems in a parcel.

Sounds like your table is linking to a item that doesnt exist. Check that that table line, if a object, exists.

Tenebris
November 15th, 2022, 16:40
Ugh. Yeah, that makes a lot of sense. I made a mistake with a module I exported that unlinked everything that I have been working through and somehow this just didn't occur to me. Sorry about the inconvenience.

SylvanSnake
July 3rd, 2023, 07:47
Hello. I noticed some errata you might have missed. There were some updates to a few PHB/ToM Priest spells in the Faiths and Avatars book page 183, adjusting their Sphere access. If someone could update these spells in the relevant modules, it would be useful. The extra Tome of Magic schools and spheres weren't included in any of the PHB spells as far as I know, and I'd like to see those tags added as well. The PHB spells don't seem to allow editing. Is there a way I can edit them myself without copying another version of the spell?

Also, is there any chance of consolidating Invocation/Evocation spells to just Invocation, Enchantment/Charm to just Enchantment, Conjuration/Summoning to just Conjuration and Illusion/Phantasm to just Illusion? Makes it a pain to have to search two different lists for each school of magic.

anstett
July 3rd, 2023, 13:58
I am not for consolidating the school listings. One example: There are items and other spells that work against Charm spells for example. Those do not work against Enchantment spells. When coding in effects that only work against Charm is easy.

Morenu
July 3rd, 2023, 15:12
I am not for consolidating the school listings. One example: There are items and other spells that work against Charm spells for example. Those do not work against Enchantment spells. When coding in effects that only work against Charm is easy.

Uninformed and just curious...

Are all Charms also enchantments? Are all Summonings also Conjuration? are all Phantasms also Illusions?

If so, could it be coded that if you are making an effect that works for enchantments, then that would automatically also include charms? same for the other 2.

Sort of like all Square ARE rectangles but not all rectangles are squares; so anything that works on rectangles also works on all squares BUT anything that works on squares does not work on rectangles that are not also squares.

anstett
July 3rd, 2023, 18:09
(Sort of like all Square ARE rectangles but not all rectangles are squares; so anything that works on rectangles also works on all squares BUT anything that works on squares does not work on rectangles that are not also squares.)

This is how I see it too.

For coding an effect that way? I think maybe? But to just look for "charm" it would work on those things that are immune to charm but not to enchantments. Easier to code. It does get into fuzzy meta-magic territory, but it is one of the things that I always remind my players.

It is not science, it is magic. It does not need to make sense or logic, it just has to be able to be replicated.

celestian
July 8th, 2023, 02:00
Hello. I noticed some errata you might have missed. There were some updates to a few PHB/ToM Priest spells in the Faiths and Avatars book page 183, adjusting their Sphere access. If someone could update these spells in the relevant modules, it would be useful. The extra Tome of Magic schools and spheres weren't included in any of the PHB spells as far as I know, and I'd like to see those tags added as well. The PHB spells don't seem to allow editing. Is there a way I can edit them myself without copying another version of the spell?

You'll need to make a copy of the spell in your campaign to edit them. Smiteworks required that PHB/DMG and MM be set to read only.

SylvanSnake
July 8th, 2023, 02:44
Yes, I figured out how to make my own copies of the spells to edit. It gets a bit messy having multiple versions of each spell appearing in searches, so I basically copied all the PHB character content (classes, races, spells, etc) and saved it in a custom module, so players can just load the updated versions. Also creating spell lists for specialist wizards that appeared in other 2E products, such as song mages and shadow mages. It's a bit tedious, but I'm doing it.

GM Ithril
February 20th, 2024, 00:50
Leather Armor and Padded Armor both have an identical description:
"Leather: This armor is made of leather hardened in boiling oil and then shaped into breastplate and shoulder protectors. The remainder of the suit is fashioned from more flexible, somewhat softer materials."

Thank you!

celestian
February 20th, 2024, 20:16
Leather Armor and Padded Armor both have an identical description:
"Leather: This armor is made of leather hardened in boiling oil and then shaped into breastplate and shoulder protectors. The remainder of the suit is fashioned from more flexible, somewhat softer materials."

Thank you!

Thanks for the heads up, I'll get it corrected.