PDA

View Full Version : AD&D 2E Dungeon Master Guide feedback thread

celestian
April 17th, 2019, 00:32
If you have suggestions, feedback or bug reports for the AD&D 2E Dungeon Master Guide please post them here.

So, with that said if you have questions, suggestions, feedback or bugs. Please post them here.

JohnD
April 17th, 2019, 06:22
Great work on the rollable treasure tables.

Rook
April 18th, 2019, 23:53
Hey Celestian,

Per your instructions in the 1st post, a bug (just a typo) in the DMs Guide, chapter 14 / Movement / "Raods and Trails".

Do you want this type of information?

Rook

by the way - I'm back to smoking and it's your fault :)

celestian
April 19th, 2019, 02:39
Hey Celestian,

Per your instructions in the 1st post, a bug (just a typo) in the DMs Guide, chapter 14 / Movement / "Raods and Trails".

Do you want this type of information?

Rook

by the way - I'm back to smoking and it's your fault :)

Perfect, fixed. You'll see updates on Tuesdays and this will be one of them.

As to smoking, you should be smoking less cause you're so busy having fun ;)

esmdev
April 20th, 2019, 23:42
Ok, so I rolled a treasure type roll, redirected it into the parcel table, watched it go to town on the rolls, and was just jaw-dropped amazed at how awesome the automation was for that. Fantastic job.

Eru the One
April 25th, 2019, 17:44
I noticed that one image for the DMG is in the AD&D 2E DMG group and the others are in DMG.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=27169&d=1556210541

celestian
April 25th, 2019, 17:59
I noticed that one image for the DMG is in the AD&D 2E DMG group and the others are in DMG.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=27169&d=1556210541

Looks like that little bugger was a stray image. Cleaned out for next update.

Merell
April 28th, 2019, 10:31
First this could go in any of the current rule set threads, I chose this one because it is slowing down my conversion of a module.

Celestian, I do not know if I missed a option I should have turned on, if this is an intentional feature, or something else all together. I have noticed that when I open any item say a spell I can only get one pop up. Example if I open say Magic Missile then open Charm person it keeps only one pop up open closing Magic Missile and being replaced by Charm person. These are category specific, in other words I can have one spell pop up, one skill pop up, one NCP, Etc.. at the same time but only one of each. If this is a feature can you explain why you chose to go this route instead of how 5E is where you can get multiple items? Or if I am doing something wrong do you know what it is and how I can fix it?

It makes it a bit difficult to compare contrast or move quickly on some generation of items as a DM.

(Ok just tried something and found a work around, Hitting CTL then clicking on the item will produce a second of the same type. Is there any way to make this permanent so you do not have to hit CTL?)

Thanks

damned
April 28th, 2019, 12:52
It is a design choice by Celestian.
ctrl+click is the inbuilt work around.
there is also an extension that disables this feature.

Merell
April 28th, 2019, 15:52
Ok now I'm laughing at myself. I browsed through 61 pages of the original post of the 2E rule set to find that extension you mentioned Dammed. Then I stopped to think about it and have decided I will just use the CTL+Click if I want more than one copy open. It dawned on me that it is very annoying to have to close the 300+ windows you open before you decide to close them. Ha brilliant move on your part Celestian.

Thank you both for your time.

hawkwind
April 28th, 2019, 19:35
The various Rings of Protection are only improving saving throws and not AC

celestian
April 28th, 2019, 21:42
The various Rings of Protection are only improving saving throws and not AC

Just tested locally with various rings of protection from the 2E DMG to be sure and seems to work. Specifics? Extensions?

hawkwind
April 29th, 2019, 09:49
works ok on Character sheets 27210
but not on the NPC sheets, the bullywug stays at AC 6. I tried on a character and it worked ok, i thought i would see and effect for the AC on the Iem sheet like there is for the Save modifier

celestian
April 30th, 2019, 04:19
works ok on Character sheets 27210
but not on the NPC sheets, the bullywug stays at AC 6. I tried on a character and it worked ok, i thought i would see and effect for the AC on the Iem sheet like there is for the Save modifier

Armor doesn't affect NPCs at all. It's only useful to have for weapon v armor or to drag/drop the npc onto the Party Sheet inventory list and drop all those items there. The armor value used is the value set for the NPC on their sheet.

hawkwind
April 30th, 2019, 07:43
ok I assumed as dropping weapons on the inventory slot of the NPC had an effect items effecting AC would as well

hawkwind
April 30th, 2019, 07:49
I know its not going to be a pressing issue Celestian, but how do you recommend dealing with intelligent Swords, treat them as a NPC or as a item?

JohnD
April 30th, 2019, 17:39
So if you create an NPC as a PC and then clone to NPC it will grab the AC from the PC sheet when you clone.

JohnD
April 30th, 2019, 17:40
I know its not going to be a pressing issue Celestian, but how do you recommend dealing with intelligent Swords, treat them as a NPC or as a item?

Rustmonster.

celestian
April 30th, 2019, 18:48
ok I assumed as dropping weapons on the inventory slot of the NPC had an effect items effecting AC would as well

Effects will be used. AC granted from the ring of protection is not an effect. It works like a shield mechanically.

Right now, manual. For the most part it's an RP thing, not a mechanical thing. Store any private information you want to keep from the player in the DM section on the item.

JohnD
May 1st, 2019, 01:43
Could we get a few examples of scrolls with divine/arcane spells on them with the effects configured properly to appear on the PC and NPC Actions tab under the Powers sub-tab?

celestian
May 1st, 2019, 05:08
Could we get a few examples of scrolls with divine/arcane spells on them with the effects configured properly to appear on the PC and NPC Actions tab under the Powers sub-tab?

it's not something I automated. All of the scrolls that I used just had the text of what spells were on it. You can however Drag and drop spells into the powers tab on the item.

https://i.imgur.com/g5oum50.png

something like that tho ive not tested all the specifics it shiould mostly work.

JohnD
May 1st, 2019, 15:50
it's not something I automated. All of the scrolls that I used just had the text of what spells were on it. You can however Drag and drop spells into the powers tab on the item.

https://i.imgur.com/g5oum50.png

something like that tho ive not tested all the specifics it shiould mostly work.

This is great and easy for the end user... beautiful implementation.

MrHack
March 3rd, 2020, 03:54
Wasn't sure if I should make a new thread for this. I noticed that the weapon speeds for the Axe +1, Axe +2 and Axe +3 are incorrect. I think they were calculated from a weapon speed of 5, but a non-magical Hand Axe has a weapon speed of 4. So the Axe +1 should have a weapon speed of 3, the Axe +2 a weapon speed of 2, and the Axe +3 a weapon speed of 1. Thanks!

celestian
March 3rd, 2020, 07:31
Wasn't sure if I should make a new thread for this. I noticed that the weapon speeds for the Axe +1, Axe +2 and Axe +3 are incorrect. I think they were calculated from a weapon speed of 5, but a non-magical Hand Axe has a weapon speed of 4. So the Axe +1 should have a weapon speed of 3, the Axe +2 a weapon speed of 2, and the Axe +3 a weapon speed of 1. Thanks!

Found and corrected. Somewhere between the PHB and the DMG they got slower ;) Also saw that the throwing axe did not have weapon entries and set those.

Thanks for the report. This should be updated next week.

MrHack
March 26th, 2020, 05:54
I noticed that when I'm dragging magic weapons onto the Inventory tab of a characer, they display a different name there and on the Actions tab. The actions still apply the right bonuses and effects, and you can still open the item and see its magic properties correctly, however.

For example, when I drag in a +2 Longsword or a Javelin of Lightning, they show up as a Longsword and a Javalin (note the spelling) instead on the Inventory and Actions tabs (weirdly, Javelin is misspelled when this happens, but it's not misspelled on either the standard weapon lists or magic weapons list).

Thanks again...I really appreciate your efforts with this ruleset.

celestian
March 26th, 2020, 06:09
I noticed that when I'm dragging magic weapons onto the Inventory tab of a characer, they display a different name there and on the Actions tab. The actions still apply the right bonuses and effects, and you can still open the item and see its magic properties correctly, however.

For example, when I drag in a +2 Longsword or a Javelin of Lightning, they show up as a Longsword and a Javalin (note the spelling) instead on the Inventory and Actions tabs (weirdly, Javelin is misspelled when this happens, but it's not misspelled on either the standard weapon lists or magic weapons list).

Thanks again...I really appreciate your efforts with this ruleset.

Those are the non-ID'd names.

gbhenderson
September 24th, 2020, 17:43
I was stocking a parcel and I noticed something.

Treasure Table 84: Treasure Type B, Magical Items

It will auto generate magic armor just fine, but it doesn't generate the magic weapons. It just lists it as "Weapon" in chat and in the parcel.

celestian
September 24th, 2020, 18:32
I was stocking a parcel and I noticed something.

Treasure Table 84: Treasure Type B, Magical Items

It will auto generate magic armor just fine, but it doesn't generate the magic weapons. It just lists it as "Weapon" in chat and in the parcel.

Thanks for the report. I'll submit the fix so it's in next Tuesdays update.

gbhenderson
September 25th, 2020, 17:21
Thanks Celestian. Appreciate the work you devs are doing.

sadwargamer
December 1st, 2020, 01:49
The Ring of Fire Resistance has RESIST:fire;DDR: 2 fire;

My understanding of ring is that it does not confer half damage so the RESIST effect should be removed,
I believe it should also have the SAVE: 4 fire; effect added?
Above should be applied to Frostbrand, Potion of Fire Resistance etc.

Obviously the ring is messed up around very large and hot fires as some could do less than 10pts stated e.g., Hell hound.

Is there an option to give immunity to non magical fire as I think IMMUNE: fire; is against all fire - not essential just a thought.

Andy

celestian
December 1st, 2020, 02:01
The Ring of Fire Resistance has RESIST:fire;DDR: 2 fire;

My understanding of ring is that it does not confer half damage so the RESIST effect should be removed,
I believe it should also have the SAVE: 4 fire; effect added?
Above should be applied to Frostbrand, Potion of Fire Resistance etc.

Obviously the ring is messed up around very large and hot fires as some could do less than 10pts stated e.g., Hell hound.

Is there an option to give immunity to non magical fire as I think IMMUNE: fire; is against all fire - not essential just a thought.

Andy

Wow, I completely missed that (the RESIST: fire). For some reason I always thought it was 1/2. I'll fix that.

Saves with explicit save versus type (lightning, fire/etc) is not automated.

sadwargamer
December 1st, 2020, 09:48
Cheers Celestian.

So adding SAVE: 4 fire; will not work if the PC is targetted by fireball for example?

Also I noticed while editing the items that the changes took no effect until I cycled the item status through "not carried" for any edits to the effect to take place.

Any comment re IMMUNE: fire, !magical - would this work?

celestian
December 1st, 2020, 20:38
Cheers Celestian.

So adding SAVE: 4 fire; will not work if the PC is targetted by fireball for example?

Also I noticed while editing the items that the changes took no effect until I cycled the item status through "not carried" for any edits to the effect to take place.

Any comment re IMMUNE: fire, !magical - would this work?

Correct, SAVE:4,fire will have no effect right now.

If the effect did not exist on the item before, it wont update. Once it exists it should update.

There currently isnt a flag for "non-magical" spells. It's simply a damage type. The "magic" type is used for weapons and the magical bonuses required to hit only.

sadwargamer
February 21st, 2021, 23:29
@Celestian - Hi, quick question if I may and an error on magical splint mail.

I am adding Ioun stones to a character (I have tried DEX, CON and STR) and while the chat window states "Advanced Effect ['Ioun Stone, Deep red sphere;DEX: 1'] -> [to Troy Farrteeng] [by Ioun Stone, Deep red sphere]" the DEX is not adjusted anywhere.
I also tried to change the effect so that it modified the Effect so that it was a Type: Ability, Modifier Dexterity 1 and still no changes. I would have expected the DEX to change from its 16 to 17, so that DEX check sand AC changes etc... but the addition of teh Ioun stone contrary to teh chat window achieves nothing

For Splint Mail +1 through +5 you have set the base AC to +3 whereas it should be +4, So magical Splint mail is giving +1 better AC than it should - Regular Splint is correctly set to AC4.

sadwargamer
February 22nd, 2021, 00:16
Noticed something else as well, cosmetic more than game effecting
The Ring of Protection is shown as Magic Item and as correct description,.
But the Rings of Protection +1 through +6 are shown as Magic Armour and have an abreviated description and the table refers to Cloak of Protection.

celestian
February 22nd, 2021, 00:27
@Celestian - Hi, quick question if I may and an error on magical splint mail.

I am adding Ioun stones to a character (I have tried DEX, CON and STR) and while the chat window states "Advanced Effect ['Ioun Stone, Deep red sphere;DEX: 1'] -> [to Troy Farrteeng] [by Ioun Stone, Deep red sphere]" the DEX is not adjusted anywhere.
I also tried to change the effect so that it modified the Effect so that it was a Type: Ability, Modifier Dexterity 1 and still no changes. I would have expected the DEX to change from its 16 to 17, so that DEX check sand AC changes etc... but the addition of teh Ioun stone contrary to teh chat window achieves nothing

Testing locally it seems to work. If you have any extensions remove them.

https://i.imgur.com/iD1e8Rc.png

It could be that the latest rev of the ruleset is not pushed out and it's still having issues with the broken and reverted CoreRPG changes. Check again when you have the 2021.02.21 rev and I bet it works.

sadwargamer
February 22nd, 2021, 10:44
Thanks for speedy response - Checked with no extensions, yes I am running with an earlier version, v4.0.10 ULTIMATE (2021-02-4) /2E v2021.02.17 For Fantasy Grounds, --by Celestian 2017-202, so will wait untl 2021.02.21 appears - hopefully before 6pm GMT when we play :), otherwise its manual edits.

Moon Wizard
February 22nd, 2021, 16:29
I pushed Celestian's updates this morning.

Regards,
JPG

sadwargamer
February 22nd, 2021, 17:49
@Moon Wizard - yep got them and all working as predicted :) Thanks.

Grumpzz
March 28th, 2021, 19:46
Hello hello,

Currently in tables mainly cosmetic for FGC and FGU: (No extensions or addons)

Every other table does show dice rolling when I click on the die icon

No dice roll show when i click on the following tables
* Amulet of the planes transport location
* Deck of Many things draw
* Gem: Fancy to Precious
* Gems & Jewels
* Jewels
* Semi-Precious stones

Inside the table there is <<Label>> instead of a title
Animal Control
Dragon Control
Gem tables
General Traits
Special Traits

(again this is cosmetic no impact on game play)
just not sure if its known

celestian
March 29th, 2021, 00:20
Hello hello,

Currently in tables mainly cosmetic for FGC and FGU: (No extensions or addons)

Every other table does show dice rolling when I click on the die icon

No dice roll show when i click on the following tables
* Amulet of the planes transport location
* Deck of Many things draw
* Gem: Fancy to Precious
* Gems & Jewels
* Jewels
* Semi-Precious stones

Inside the table there is <<Label>> instead of a title
Animal Control
Dragon Control
Gem tables
General Traits
Special Traits

(again this is cosmetic no impact on game play)
just not sure if its known

The table system in FG will not roll a dice type it doesn't know about. The first one you list is a d24. It mathematically handles the random generation but since there is not a d24 die then it can't show a dice roll.

The reason tables with a single column are generally not set with a name is because it is for a single type. There are not multiple columns so the name of the Table is what is used. Even if they had labels they would not be shown when a roll is made. Only when there are multiple.

Grumpzz
March 29th, 2021, 05:51
ahh I see. Thanks for the explanation

sasaki
October 28th, 2021, 03:24
Hey Celestian. A couple of the magic items I've found have incomplete effects, and was wondering if there was some reason other than they accidentally were missed!

Ring of fire resistance: its effect is DDR: 2 fire, and it should be DDR: 2 fire; SAVE: 4 fire.
Ring of protection: its effect is SAVE: 1, and it should be SAVE: 1; AC: 1.

celestian
October 28th, 2021, 04:12
Hey Celestian. A couple of the magic items I've found have incomplete effects, and was wondering if there was some reason other than they accidentally were missed!

Ring of fire resistance: its effect is DDR: 2 fire, and it should be DDR: 2 fire; SAVE: 4 fire.
Ring of protection: its effect is SAVE: 1, and it should be SAVE: 1; AC: 1.

Ring of Fire resistance indeed could use that now. When the DMG was created it didn't exist (save with parameters). I will add that but it will only work should the spells actually have the properties configured with "fire".

I've already submitted my changes for the week so I'll have to do it next round.

Ring of protection has +1 ac in the modifier. Thats the field for protections.

https://i.imgur.com/yuHRjat.png

sasaki
October 28th, 2021, 14:29
Oh, interesting. I didn't notice the armor section for the item when I was playing around with this. However, I DID notice that the ring of pro +1 that one of the characters had was NOT making their AC better by one, so I started to investigate. After fiddling with it a bit more, on my game at least, I see that the 'Ring' type does not actually add either the Base AC or the Modifier to the character AC. It does not modify the attack roll of a foe either. I tried several other item Types, and only the Shield type added the Base AC and Modifier to the character AC (aside from the Armor type which works as it should).

Sterno
October 28th, 2021, 15:20
Sasaki, just to make sure, you're not using my extension, are you? If so, there might be a bug with my stuff given how heavily I rewrote AC calculations for all the various options, and I've been specifically meaning to take a look at it with regards to rings of protection.

Also, just to rule it out, be aware that the AC bonus from a ring of protection doesn't stack with magic armor bonuses, and I'm pretty sure Celestian coded it as such.

Edit: Just tested and rings of protection are not working correctly in my extension. However, I also tested the base 2E ruleset (a guy with a medium shield, plate armor, and a ring of protection) and rings of protection also seem to not be giving an AC bonus there (neither on the character sheet, nor when actually receiving attacks). So maybe there is something wrong with the base ruleset code. I can investigate more tonight if Celestian doesn't beat me to it.

sasaki
October 28th, 2021, 16:04
Cool, thanks for checking. And no, I'm not using your extension currently, but I have turned it on in the past.

celestian
October 28th, 2021, 18:31
Oh, interesting. I didn't notice the armor section for the item when I was playing around with this. However, I DID notice that the ring of pro +1 that one of the characters had was NOT making their AC better by one, so I started to investigate. After fiddling with it a bit more, on my game at least, I see that the 'Ring' type does not actually add either the Base AC or the Modifier to the character AC. It does not modify the attack roll of a foe either. I tried several other item Types, and only the Shield type added the Base AC and Modifier to the character AC (aside from the Armor type which works as it should).

You are correct, thanks for reporting that!

It seems that one of the built in CoreRPG functions is no longer working like I expected it. I wrote my own function and corrected the issue. It will also fix an related issue with cloaks some armors.

Rings were showing up as "magic armor" and since rings don't work with magic armor... it wouldn't work with itself ;)

Pushed a fix for this and it should show up on next Tuesdays patch.

Tantrum
February 6th, 2022, 21:32
Information and effects of rob of absortion are missing. The "page" is just empty.

celestian
February 6th, 2022, 22:20
Information and effects of rob of absortion are missing. The "page" is just empty.

If you make a local copy it has a DM only section. The "readonly" nature of the module causes this. Not actually sure why it's there and not the regular text field.

Tantrum
February 7th, 2022, 16:08
If you make a local copy it has a DM only section. The "readonly" nature of the module causes this. Not actually sure why it's there and not the regular text field.

Thanks, that worked.

celestian
February 7th, 2022, 16:15
Thanks, that worked.

For future reference I will move it to the normal location. I might have thought that seemed like DM only details or something at the time but I think I must have put it there by accident.

bayne7400
February 7th, 2022, 19:04
Hey this is a request. But can we get the treasure tables unlocked? This way we can toggle them to parcel. Right now its rolling in chat.

celestian
February 7th, 2022, 19:15
Hey this is a request. But can we get the treasure tables unlocked? This way we can toggle them to parcel. Right now its rolling in chat.

Read Only is toggled for all things. There is no flag to toggle it off for a specific record type. That's how FGU exports now. You might can request they change that. Before the Core Update it could be done in Author that way but no longer.

bayne7400
February 7th, 2022, 19:16
Yeah you have to unlock the entire thing. Are we not supposed to do that lol?

Maybe Ill look in core RPG and figure the script that is locking that control.

celestian
February 8th, 2022, 00:50
Yeah you have to unlock the entire thing. Are we not supposed to do that lol?

Maybe Ill look in core RPG and figure the script that is locking that control.

What table were you running that was pushing to chat and not to a parcel?

bayne7400
February 8th, 2022, 00:55
It was a treasure table for a troll, a wight, and a ghast. Over the last two weeks.

celestian
February 8th, 2022, 00:58
It was a treasure table for a troll, a wight, and a ghast. Over the last two weeks.

The main Treasure type table? If you can name the one I can take a look at it. I thought I set the top level ones at least to parcel.

bayne7400
February 8th, 2022, 01:01

Here is the deal they are ALL like that. I bet your going to tell me your exported ones say parcel .

JohnD
February 8th, 2022, 01:09
Personally I don't mind the rolls going into chat, but unlocked would be best IMO.

bayne7400
February 8th, 2022, 01:16
Personally I don't mind the rolls going into chat, but unlocked would be best IMO.

How else can I steal my party's random treasure?!

celestian
February 8th, 2022, 03:39

Here is the deal they are ALL like that. I bet your going to tell me your exported ones say parcel .

Not by any stretch. I think I set it on some of the tables for specific reasons but not all. I roll on the tables a lot and then build the parcel myself. I didn't like having a zillion parcels around doing this.

I'll probably toggle them all the parcel if there are no near-term plans for them to add export exclusions in CoreRPG for read only.

In the short term you can make a local copy of the table and set it to output to whatever your prefered method is.

bayne7400
February 8th, 2022, 12:59
Yeah I figured it was going to be a core bug. Hopefully they can exclude the cycler from the being locked.. I'll ask them.

EOTB
February 8th, 2022, 18:19
I don't like any multi-step treasure (gems with value variations, rings of spell storing w/spell allocations, swords with intelligence variables, etc.) going to parcel because parcels aren't capable of "grouping" results with the main item. It becomes a chaotic slurry of table results in the parcel with the DM having to back trace what goes with what item from the chat log. This is why nearly all treasure goes to story entries in OSRIC, which does group sub-table results with the main result - very easy to modify the main item that way and drag it over to a parcel.

I'm sure that's a generic feature of parcels and not a 2E feature of parcels, so not a request, but man does it make setting parcel for anything other than dead-simple one-tier table results a PITA.

celestian
February 8th, 2022, 20:10
I don't like any multi-step treasure (gems with value variations, rings of spell storing w/spell allocations, swords with intelligence variables, etc.) going to parcel because parcels aren't capable of "grouping" results with the main item. It becomes a chaotic slurry of table results in the parcel with the DM having to back trace what goes with what item from the chat log. This is why nearly all treasure goes to story entries in OSRIC, which does group sub-table results with the main result - very easy to modify the main item that way and drag it over to a parcel.

I'm sure that's a generic feature of parcels and not a 2E feature of parcels, so not a request, but man does it make setting parcel for anything other than dead-simple one-tier table results a PITA.

It should group same items from a multi-nested treasure pile add up, or I thought it did. I don't remember it making a lot of parcels for just 1 roll. I've not tested it in a while so maybe it's been changed in base behavior but ... one table roll shouldn't make more than 1 parcel even if each sub-table has parcel set ... as the only one that matters is the table you're rolling on.

EOTB
February 9th, 2022, 19:21
It all goes in one parcel, that's correct. What I mean is: say you roll on the gem table, which consults the gem variance table for each gem rolled. You don't get "Gem + variance results" nested together; you get a half dozen gem types, and a half dozen variance results, all thrown into one parcel as if each die roll were a "treasure item". So you have to go back and cross-reference the variance die rolls in the chat log anyway. Then you can see that the ruby's variance roll was a "4", which spit a result of "no variance" into your parcel, while the pearl had a variance roll of 8, which increased its value by one step and told the table to roll again with a result of "6" which which doubled its (stepped-up) value.

But the raw parcel created would just show a ruby, a pearl, a "no change", a "increased by one step", and a "value doubled" - each as individual pieces of "treasure".

celestian
February 9th, 2022, 22:22
It all goes in one parcel, that's correct. What I mean is: say you roll on the gem table, which consults the gem variance table for each gem rolled. You don't get "Gem + variance results" nested together; you get a half dozen gem types, and a half dozen variance results, all thrown into one parcel as if each die roll were a "treasure item". So you have to go back and cross-reference the variance die rolls in the chat log anyway. Then you can see that the ruby's variance roll was a "4", which spit a result of "no variance" into your parcel, while the pearl had a variance roll of 8, which increased its value by one step and told the table to roll again with a result of "6" which which doubled its (stepped-up) value.

But the raw parcel created would just show a ruby, a pearl, a "no change", a "increased by one step", and a "value doubled" - each as individual pieces of "treasure".

Yeah, the gem mechanics basically require it's own special code to work. I did add a new table type "@### gp" that will create a item of that value now but I've not looked at how it would change the old tables. I know for a fact it would be very useful for the art and static items that have variance in costs.

TheButterdragon
February 11th, 2022, 23:41
I might be wrong but some of the magical weapons don’t seem to have damage and such assigned to them when I last looked, particularly the sword that gives bonus vs. Shapeshifters, since I was looking it up to see how to give a weapon a bonus vs undead

celestian
February 12th, 2022, 09:17
I might be wrong but some of the magical weapons don’t seem to have damage and such assigned to them when I last looked, particularly the sword that gives bonus vs. Shapeshifters, since I was looking it up to see how to give a weapon a bonus vs undead

Correct, not every weapon type was populated with all it's effects. Mostly due to the variances. Swords versus XXXX or Sword of Slaying XXXX.

TheButterdragon
April 1st, 2022, 16:30
The Barbarian advancement section seems to have none of their abilities tied to it (ie granting them back detection, fighter bonus to health etc.).

celestian
April 1st, 2022, 16:34
The Barbarian advancement section seems to have none of their abilities tied to it (ie granting them back detection, fighter bonus to health etc.).

Please post this in the Barbarian handbook thread, it's not actually something I converted.