PDA

View Full Version : AD&D 2E Ruleset Feedback/Information Thread

Pages : [1] 2

celestian
April 16th, 2019, 22:41
If you have suggestions, feedback or bug reports for the AD&D 2E ruleset please post them here.

Join us in the FantasyGrounds AD&D discord channel here (https://discord.gg/KgamXS2).

Zacchaeus
April 16th, 2019, 22:55
I stickied this.

Xemit
April 17th, 2019, 17:55
Open the characters dialog and then close it. Leaves a dark grey outline of where the dialog used to be.

No extensions enabled, default theme. I don't see this (or anything similar) in 5E.

A right click on the background causes the outline to then disappear.

BTW, is there expected to be an SRD for this rule set?

Eru the One
April 17th, 2019, 18:06
Open the characters dialog and then close it. Leaves a dark grey outline of where the dialog used to be.

No extensions enabled, default theme. I don't see this (or anything similar) in 5E.

I can't recreate this problem on my three systems I use FG on (2 with nvidia cards, 1 with intel iris), maybe a driver issue?

As for the SRD, I'm not sure if there will be one as SRDs started with 3e.

celestian
April 17th, 2019, 19:02

I had the same experience as Eru, tested and was unable to reproduce your issue. What type of setup/system are you running? It does sound like a graphics driver/issue at first blush.

AD&D 2E was before there was an OGL so there is no SRD. WoTC might change this but I don't expect that.

celestian
April 17th, 2019, 20:42
Here is a video I put together in January that runs through how to use the character sheet (mostly for players).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwWk-bT_pxc&list=PLWGEr1ExG6TSR6EfJSoLJBof8Ktfa1NNp

There have been some updates since that video was made but it should all still have the same functionality.

Stormhound
April 18th, 2019, 01:00
Is this ruleset based on 2.0, or on the 2.5 revision (which I don't really recall how major it was, 20+ years later)? I mean, we got these wonderful piles of historical notes in the store, but that leaves the question open.

It's certainly going to be interesting when you folks start releasing the old splatbooks...I've still got all mine lurking around somewhere. I still remember my fighter with the insanely unhittable AC.

JohnD
April 18th, 2019, 01:11
Can 2e be put in the Game Calendar as a ruleset choice?

Beerbelly
April 18th, 2019, 02:02
Ok, it's been 20+ years, and I'm now looking through the old 2e PHB PDF on the internet and I'm finding that how I'm remembering how we played is different to the rules. However, I had almost every book TSR put out, so a lot of optional rules were in play, along with house rules.

The one I'm remembering the most, and I would have sworn was NOT a house rule was with initiative. We had dual wielding as 2 initiative rolls, one for each weapon, using each weapons speeds and other factors. So you could attack on 1 and 5 in a round. Does this ring a bell to anybody as an official rule, or am I just not remembering that it was a house rule?

Either way, is it possible to add a rule like this into fantasy grounds? So you could click either 1 initiative button or 1 for each weapon and have it make you appear in the Combat tracker once for each attack each round?

celestian
April 18th, 2019, 02:23
Is this ruleset based on 2.0, or on the 2.5 revision (which I don't really recall how major it was, 20+ years later)? I mean, we got these wonderful piles of historical notes in the store, but that leaves the question open.

It's certainly going to be interesting when you folks start releasing the old splatbooks...I've still got all mine lurking around somewhere. I still remember my fighter with the insanely unhittable AC.

The 2E ruleset is currently the "Core Rules" meaning the PHB/DMG and MM. 2.5 was used regarding the PO or Player's Option books. Something like the High Level Campaigns and Tome of Magic would be something I think that would be great from that period. Currently there are many "Complete" handbooks planned for release and several other adventures... and some other pretty cool items.

The one I'm remembering the most, and I would have sworn was NOT a house rule was with initiative. We had dual wielding as 2 initiative rolls, one for each weapon, using each weapons speeds and other factors. So you could attack on 1 and 5 in a round. Does this ring a bell to anybody as an official rule, or am I just not remembering that it was a house rule?

Either way, is it possible to add a rule like this into fantasy grounds? So you could click either 1 initiative button or 1 for each weapon and have it make you appear in the Combat tracker once for each attack each round?

That sounds like a house rule? I don't recall having initiative for each attack like that tho... there are some items from the PO era I am not entirely familiar with. That said, currently having more than 1 initiative for a player isn't possible. The initiative system currently will use the speedfactor for the weapon the player chooses and modify the roll accordingly.

Full Bleed
April 18th, 2019, 05:01
Definitely a house rule.

Xemit
April 18th, 2019, 16:00
Have Nvidia gforce 960 video card and pretty recent drivers on a Win 7 desktop. I get no other artefacts like that in any other software, including FG with 3.5E and 5E rules. Only shows up on the 2E rules.

That suggests 2E, not video driver.

Myrdin Potter
April 18th, 2019, 16:05
Can you point to the AD&D 1e extension somewhere to make it easy to find?

Trenloe
April 18th, 2019, 16:21
Certain graphics in a theme can sometimes cause issues with some graphics cards/drivers. This seems to be related to (but perhaps not limited to) very linear graphics with additional details in a regular pattern (I'm not explaining that well - but similar to the type of border pattern you see all around the Character Selection window).

Maybe try tweaking the settings on your graphics card - anti alias, anisotropic filtering, etc..

You may also try turning on "Cross-Platform compatibility mode for Linux or Mac" - this will force a more often redraw of the FG screen (at a slight increase in CPU use) and might remove the artefacts.

JohnD
April 18th, 2019, 17:16
I would like to see the following added if possible:

1. A DM visible only line in the CT which references what was used to roll initiative. Exactly the same as what's added when a spell is being cast. Say "Initiative: club 4+6 10". Rationale - makes it easier for the DM to ensure the player is performing the action they used to generate their initiative score in. Scrolling up in the chat window to find this information is fine occasionally, but to do it frequently would be a challenge. Could be exactly the same verbiage that is sent to the chat box when initiative is rolled.

2. Different options for generating the initiative score. Add say 1d6 and/or 1d20 to the options of the base die to use.

3. A way to denote on NPCs using weapons, which weapon is their "default" and thus used when automatically generating initiative scores via the CT setting at the start of every round.

4. A variant weapons list which includes the weapon type vs armor type IFT adjustments already on them.

5. A "Gear" button in the equipment/items list like Armor and Weapons.

6. Morningstar added in to regular weapons list.

celestian
April 18th, 2019, 21:30
Can you point to the AD&D 1e extension somewhere to make it easy to find?

Hoping this is what (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?48957-AD-amp-D-2E-Extensions-and-Modules&p=434409#post434409) you were looking for.

celestian
April 18th, 2019, 21:43
I would like to see the following added if possible:

1. A DM visible only line in the CT which references what was used to roll initiative. Exactly the same as what's added when a spell is being cast. Say "Initiative: club 4+6 10". Rationale - makes it easier for the DM to ensure the player is performing the action they used to generate their initiative score in. Scrolling up in the chat window to find this information is fine occasionally, but to do it frequently would be a challenge. Could be exactly the same verbiage that is sent to the chat box when initiative is rolled.

2. Different options for generating the initiative score. Add say 1d6 and/or 1d20 to the options of the base die to use.

3. A way to denote on NPCs using weapons, which weapon is their "default" and thus used when automatically generating initiative scores via the CT setting at the start of every round.

4. A variant weapons list which includes the weapon type vs armor type IFT adjustments already on them.

5. A "Gear" button in the equipment/items list like Armor and Weapons.

6. Morningstar added in to regular weapons list.

1) Created task (https://freedcamp.com/adndmikes_project_tOw/ADD_Ruleset_q7K/todos/23896259/) for this request. It will be a while before I can address it but in general I dont think it will be difficult. Only finding a good place to put it will be.

2) Moon has taunt me to be wary of adding in "to many options" for the campaign settings BUT this can be done quiet easily using an extension. Infact, the 1e extension does this (makes initiative use d6).

3) Created task (https://freedcamp.com/adndmikes_project_tOw/ADD_Ruleset_q7K/todos/23896298/) for this request. This is something I've tried to do in various ways and it's complicated by the fact there are a number of weapons slots or powers. I'd need to add a "flag" and search through those during initiative. I think the easy get will be to set a default "score" to use when rolling.

4) Spoken about this one somewhere here, right now it's not something I can do w/o some related issues. Might be easier to deal with after FGU.

5) This one I've got a task (https://freedcamp.com/adndmikes_project_tOw/ADD_Ruleset_q7K/todos/23876033/) for and started on last night. I need to fiddle with some type/subtypes for the dmg/phb to get it right and plan to finish it tonight. I've also another related task (https://freedcamp.com/adndmikes_project_tOw/ADD_Ruleset_q7K/todos/23876719/) I'm working on to sort the weapons in a different manner (as AD&D doesn't use the same terminology as 5E did).

6) This is done (as well as the Bastard sword initiative issue) and will be pushed out on Tuesday I expect.

Beerbelly
April 19th, 2019, 01:41
Will the items in the Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition Item Pack work in the 2E setting? Or the other Baulders Gate II and Icewind dale portrait packs?

How hard would it be to have the DM section on items that you put in the 2E system put into the 5E system? That is an awesome thing for cursed items and many other reasons, but mostly for cursed items.

celestian
April 19th, 2019, 02:43
Will the items in the Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition Item Pack work in the 2E setting? Or the other Baulders Gate II and Icewind dale portrait packs?

How hard would it be to have the DM section on items that you put in the 2E system put into the 5E system? That is an awesome thing for cursed items and many other reasons, but mostly for cursed items.

The BG items would require approval from WoTC. I'd happily use any extra Art we could get. That said, far as I know there is no agreement for BG art.

Someone could easily knock out a extension to add that DM section to items for 5E ;)

JohnD
April 19th, 2019, 03:34
Added a Dwarf PC tonight. When put on the CT, automatically gets the IFT: TYPE(orc,goblin); ATK:1 effect. Problem is Orcs and Goblins are Type "Humanoid" so the bonus is not applied.

celestian
April 19th, 2019, 04:35
Added a Dwarf PC tonight. When put on the CT, automatically gets the IFT: TYPE(orc,goblin); ATK:1 effect. Problem is Orcs and Goblins are Type "Humanoid" so the bonus is not applied.

Fixed. Added a few others I missed as well and some additional humanoids. (Will update Tuesday).

JohnD
April 19th, 2019, 05:46
Here's another one for you.

Cleric turning undead... it works nice by the way... put an unidentified undead in the CT (Zombie, Common), player turns and is successful - player output displays Zombie, Common instead of Unidentified Creature.

Issue is that players know what the unknown creature is when it's identity has not been revealed.

celestian
April 19th, 2019, 06:49
Here's another one for you.

Cleric turning undead... it works nice by the way... put an unidentified undead in the CT (Zombie, Common), player turns and is successful - player output displays Zombie, Common instead of Unidentified Creature.

Issue is that players know what the unknown creature is when it's identity has not been revealed.

Found, fixed. Thanks!

hawkwind
April 21st, 2019, 08:17
maybe i'm doing it wrong but on the action tab under spells on the character sheet when I choice preparation mode i cant select which spells to memorise, consequently no spells appear when i go into combat mode

celestian
April 21st, 2019, 08:22
maybe i'm doing it wrong but on the action tab under spells on the character sheet when I choice preparation mode i cant select which spells to memorise, consequently no spells appear when i go into combat mode

You can memorize spells from any mode, set the display to "Actions".

https://i.imgur.com/kqA0Tl2.png

hawkwind
April 21st, 2019, 09:19
ah i see what i was doing run, i was looking for something to tick on the right hand of the character sheet like in the 3.5 and 5e rule sets

esmdev
April 21st, 2019, 18:43
So we were playing a quick intro 2E game today and noticed something we couldn't really figure out. During combat sometimes when we rolled a to-hit roll the text would be a dark purple color but other times it would be a faint blue color. We couldn't figure out why it changed colors or what causes it, so I'm hoping you can explain. I figure there is a reason but couldn't figure it out.

esmdev
April 21st, 2019, 19:18
Is there a way to do 5' grid squares or is 10' all we can do? Seems like most maps these days (at least the ones I have) make more sense with 5'.

celestian
April 21st, 2019, 19:58
So we were playing a quick intro 2E game today and noticed something we couldn't really figure out. During combat sometimes when we rolled a to-hit roll the text would be a dark purple color but other times it would be a faint blue color. We couldn't figure out why it changed colors or what causes it, so I'm hoping you can explain. I figure there is a reason but couldn't figure it out.

Blue is miss, red is hit. Purple is fumble/crit (natural 1 or 20) . When saving or making a skill check green is successful save.

Is there a way to do 5' grid squares or is 10' all we can do? Seems like most maps these days (at least the ones I have) make more sense with 5'.

You will first need to place a grid on the map then you can see this option: Click the hash to expand the map buttons, one is the size of each grid. YOu can change the text to 5ft, 5yd, 10ml or whatever you like.

https://i.imgur.com/SgBZfZe.png

esmdev
April 21st, 2019, 20:39
I see, that is great, thanks!

JohnD
April 22nd, 2019, 11:46
Ah very nice.

Culdraug
April 24th, 2019, 00:29
Hi!

First, thanks for the awesome ruleset!

I was creating a new character and like how I could drag a class from the PHB. If you go deeper into the class, there is a tab with various levels (up to 20). Is there a way to allow a new character to use this tab? That way, if I needed an NPC to start at a higher level I could just select the correct level and move on.

Thanks again and thanks for taking feedback/ request!

-Brad

celestian
April 24th, 2019, 00:39
Hi!

First, thanks for the awesome ruleset!

I was creating a new character and like how I could drag a class from the PHB. If you go deeper into the class, there is a tab with various levels (up to 20). Is there a way to allow a new character to use this tab? That way, if I needed an NPC to start at a higher level I could just select the correct level and move on.

Thanks again and thanks for taking feedback/ request!

-Brad

No, the "advancement" levels are applied when you drag/drop based on the level that the character has already. So if the character is level 3 it will get the "level 4" entry. It's not possible to drag level 10 out and drop it on a character.

Culdraug
April 24th, 2019, 01:15
Thanks for the quick reply! Didn't notice before the correct button to drag and drop. This seems easy enough. Just bump up the XP's and then "advance" to the level I need.

Thanks again!

damned
April 24th, 2019, 01:58
Thanks for the quick reply! Didn't notice before the correct button to drag and drop. This seems easy enough. Just bump up the XP's and then "advance" to the level I need.

Thanks again!

The correct way is to keep dragging the class on to the sheet until you have the correct level.
This will do a lot of the leveling improvements for you.

celestian
April 24th, 2019, 03:08
The correct way is to keep dragging the class on to the sheet until you have the correct level.
This will do a lot of the leveling improvements for you.

Damned is correct. EXP is irrelevant when it comes to drag/dropping the class and gaining a level. You can drag/drop the class w/o the experience changing at all. If you haven't already done so I'd highly recommend watching the character sheet tutorial (https://youtu.be/pwWk-bT_pxc) I put together in January.

esmdev
April 24th, 2019, 17:48
I tried loading the Simple Brown and Simple Grey themes. The right side icons come up about the same size as the top right icons. I tried scaling from 70 to 100 but they still come up tiny. The image is at 70.

It is the same with Grey.

Dungeon uses labeled buttons instead of image buttons so it doesn't have the problem.

celestian
April 24th, 2019, 18:59
I tried loading the Simple Brown and Simple Grey themes. The right side icons come up about the same size as the top right icons. I tried scaling from 70 to 100 but they still come up tiny. The image is at 70.

It is the same with Grey.

Dungeon uses labeled buttons instead of image buttons so it doesn't have the problem.

I'll submit a tweak and see if that can be added. These themes aren't mine so it'll have to go through review by someone else.

hawkwind
April 25th, 2019, 07:27
Celestain did you add any additional effects or does your rule set parse any additional phrases for character sheets and NPC's compared with the 5e/core base?

celestian
April 25th, 2019, 16:44
Celestain did you add any additional effects or does your rule set parse any additional phrases for character sheets and NPC's compared with the 5e/core base?

"BSTR", -- base strength
"BDEX",
"BINT",
"BCHA",
"BCON",
"BWIS",
"BPSTR", -- base percent strength
"BPDEX",
"BPINT",
"BPCHA",
"BPCON",
"BPWIS",

"BAC", -- base AC
"BRANGEAC", -- base ranged AC (attack is via range)
"BMELEEAC", -- base melee AC

-- also added these effect tags
--"TURN",
--"TURNLEVEL",
--"SURPRISE",

There is also "DA" which is damage absorb. Example: Protection From Fire;DA:[$DIVINE*12] fire

Beerbelly
April 26th, 2019, 17:11
Any hint on when more 2E content will be available in the store?

celestian
April 26th, 2019, 19:29
Any hint on when more 2E content will be available in the store?

There are a couple items in the approval process right now. Depends on WotC's approval/QA schedules but I gather it's 2 weeks to a month generally? I've got 1-2 items I'm going to submit probably this weekend and 1-2 in 2 weeks (I'll be off traveling for my day job).

hawkwind
April 27th, 2019, 07:52
I noticed that the original Ad&D rules set parcels are called "loot" I much prefer this to the generic "Parcel" used in other core rule sets. No chance of getting it changed back or changed to "Treasure"?

celestian
April 27th, 2019, 14:56
I noticed that the original Ad&D rules set parcels are called "loot" I much prefer this to the generic "Parcel" used in other core rule sets. No chance of getting it changed back or changed to "Treasure"?

The change back from loot to parcel was requested by QA. It also matches the other rulesets so there is more familiarity with it.

esmdev
April 27th, 2019, 15:19
The change back from loot to parcel was requested by QA. It also matches the other rulesets so there is more familiarity with it.

You could change loot to parcel. Then you could make an extension to change it back to loot if you personally prefer that. :rv:

celestian
April 27th, 2019, 15:28
You could change loot to parcel. Then you could make an extension to change it back to loot if you personally prefer that. :rv:

Indeed you can and I almost suggested that ;)

hawkwind
April 27th, 2019, 15:56
the most obvious solution is of course to change all the over rulesets to "loot"! "parcel" is lame

hawkwind
April 28th, 2019, 17:26
I love the way the NPC sheets have been improved on the 5e sheets in that you can drag stuff like spells and equipment and effects on to them just like a character sheet . Hover I noticed that if you add multiple missile weapons like javelins to the equipment tab its not copied on the actions tab

is it possible to add extra spell slots to the character sheet to reflect things like Rary's mnemonic enhancer?

Gozer the Gozerian
April 28th, 2019, 17:30
I posted this in the extensions thread, but it should probably have been posted here. I don't know how to delete posts, so it's still over there as well, but here is my issue:

I found some old OSRIC classes, items, races, and spells. I'd like to use them to run a 1e game. So, I started making a pregen PC, following your recent tutorial, but it seems when dragging in the race, the movement is not updated (still showing 0). Is this a bug, or are these modules now deprecated?

EDIT: I also just noticed that it doesn't change the abilities either. It says in the chat "Dexterity is increased by 1, Constitution is decreased by 1," but no abilities are actually changed on the character sheet. I do have the 1e extension installed, by the way.

2nd EDIT: Adding a class to the character also does not change the attack matrix numbers - they remain all 20s.

celestian
April 28th, 2019, 21:51
I love the way the NPC sheets have been improved on the 5e sheets in that you can drag stuff like spells and equipment and effects on to them just like a character sheet . Hover I noticed that if you add multiple missile weapons like javelins to the equipment tab its not copied on the actions tab

is it possible to add extra spell slots to the character sheet to reflect things like Rary's mnemonic enhancer?

Drag/drop and item into inventory will not be added to the actions tab if said item name already exists. You can (in the actions tab) right click and "clone" a attack if you want to replicate it for some other type.

Right now, the only way to add extra slots is to tweak the number listed while in prep mode in actions/powers. I'm looking at adding options to deal with variances (custom, items/etc) but it's down the road. I'll have to add a "config" for spells much like ability scores and saves listing the base value and then the modifier fields with a total....

I posted this in the extensions thread, but it should probably have been posted here. I don't know how to delete posts, so it's still over there as well, but here is my issue:

I found some old OSRIC classes, items, races, and spells. I'd like to use them to run a 1e game. So, I started making a pregen PC, following your recent tutorial, but it seems when dragging in the race, the movement is not updated (still showing 0). Is this a bug, or are these modules now deprecated?

EDIT: I also just noticed that it doesn't change the abilities either. It says in the chat "Dexterity is increased by 1, Constitution is decreased by 1," but no abilities are actually changed on the character sheet. I do have the 1e extension installed, by the way.

2nd EDIT: Adding a class to the character also does not change the attack matrix numbers - they remain all 20s.

I can't speak to the state of the OSRIC modules and their language formatting or data (matrix/hit values) matching the current 2E ruleset. I believe Hawkwind was updating them for the community?

hawkwind
April 29th, 2019, 09:35
its not currently on my time table to redo the original 4 classes, I entered the other classes and they work properly with the first edition extension and with the current 2e rules set. if there is the demand for it i will do it but the downloads of the second batch of classes haven't been particularly high

drvolk
May 1st, 2019, 08:42
Hi celestian,

thanks for your amazing 2E ruleset !!

I am currently starting to create a LPak Extension for that ruleset to localize its User interface into my native language (german).

I found some little issues within that task:

These textresources seams to be overwritten by the manager script so the translated text will not shown. When i changed it like below it works:

scripts/manager_abilityscores.lua
line 160
-- local sBonus_TT = "Bonus spells granted by high wisdom. ";
local sBonus_TT = Interface.getString('char_tooltip_wisdom_spellbonu s');
line 161
-- local sImmunity_TT = "Immunity to spells granted by high wisdom. ";
local sImmunity_TT = Interface.getString('char_tooltip_wisdom_immunity' );

There are also a couple of user interface texts in the ruleset which were defined as static/tooltip "text=" and not as "textres=", so currently no translation would be possible for them.
If you could take a look for them an maybe add a corresponding textres if its possible and if it makes sense for you, that would be great!

Here is a list of possible affected texts i found:

$ find . -type f -name "*.xml" -exec egrep -Han "tooltip text=|static text=" {} \;
./campaign/record_power.xml:931: <static text="PSP Dmg" />
./campaign/record_power.xml:975: <static text="PSP Heal" />
./campaign/record_encounter.xml:133: <static text="Times spawned" />
./campaign/record_class.xml:1025: <static text="Weapon" />
./campaign/record_class.xml:1036: <static text="Non-Weapon" />
./campaign/record_class.xml:1081: <static text="Spell Slots" />
./campaign/record_class.xml:1093: <static text="Arcane" />
./campaign/record_class.xml:1181: <static text="Divine" />
./campaign/record_class.xml:1251: <static text="Pa" />
./campaign/record_class.xml:1261: <static text="Po" />
./campaign/record_class.xml:1271: <static text="De" />
./campaign/record_class.xml:1281: <static text="Ro" />
./campaign/record_class.xml:1291: <static text="St" />
./campaign/record_class.xml:1301: <static text="Wa" />
./campaign/record_class.xml:1311: <static text="Pe" />
./campaign/record_class.xml:1321: <static text="Po" />
./campaign/record_class.xml:1331: <static text="Br" />
./campaign/record_class.xml:1341: <static text="Sp" />
./campaign/record_class.xml:1356: <static text="TURN" />
./campaign/record_char_actions.xml:871: <static text="Psionic Power Stats" />
./campaign/record_char_actions.xml:879: <static text="Psionic" />
./campaign/record_char_actions.xml:885: <tooltip text="Psionic levels" />
./campaign/record_char_actions.xml:894: <static text="MAC" />
./campaign/record_char_actions.xml:903: <static text="PSP" />
./campaign/record_char_actions.xml:908: <tooltip text="Used PSP Points" />
./campaign/record_char_actions.xml:912: <static text="Used" />
./campaign/record_char_actions.xml:913: <tooltip text="Used PSP Points" />
./campaign/record_char_actions.xml:918: <tooltip text="Temp PSP Points" />
./campaign/record_char_actions.xml:922: <static text="Temp" />
./campaign/record_char_actions.xml:923: <tooltip text="Temp PSP Points" />
./campaign/record_char_actions.xml:932: <static text="MTHACO" />
./campaign/record_char_actions.xml:985: <static text="Mental AC" />
./campaign/record_char_actions.xml:986: <tooltip text="Mental Armor Class" />
./campaign/record_char_actions.xml:995: <static text="Base" />
./campaign/record_char_actions.xml:1005: <static text="B-Mod" />
./campaign/record_char_actions.xml:1017: <static text="Mod" />
./campaign/record_char_actions.xml:1029: <static text="Temp" />
./campaign/record_char_actions.xml:1041: <static text="Total" />
./campaign/record_char_actions.xml:1050: <static text="PS Points" />
./campaign/record_char_actions.xml:1051: <tooltip text="Psionic Strength Points" />
./campaign/record_char_actions.xml:1059: <static text="Base" />
./campaign/record_char_actions.xml:1067: <static text="B-Mod" />
./campaign/record_char_actions.xml:1079: <static text="Mod" />
./campaign/record_char_actions.xml:1091: <static text="Temp" />
./campaign/record_char_actions.xml:1103: <static text="Total" />
./campaign/record_char_actions.xml:1113: <static text="MTHACO" />
./campaign/record_char_actions.xml:1114: <tooltip text="Mental To Hit AC Zero" />
./campaign/record_char_actions.xml:1123: <static text="Base" />
./campaign/record_char_actions.xml:1133: <static text="B-Mod" />
./campaign/record_char_actions.xml:1145: <static text="Mod" />
./campaign/record_char_actions.xml:1157: <static text="Temp" />
./campaign/record_char_actions.xml:1169: <static text="Total" />
./campaign/record_npc.xml:428: <static text="Para" />
./campaign/record_npc.xml:442: <static text="Poison" />
./campaign/record_npc.xml:456: <static text="Death" />
./campaign/record_npc.xml:470: <static text="Rod" />
./campaign/record_npc.xml:485: <static text="Staff" />
./campaign/record_npc.xml:499: <static text="Wand" />
./campaign/record_npc.xml:513: <static text="Petrify" />
./campaign/record_npc.xml:527: <static text="Poly" />
./campaign/record_npc.xml:541: <static text="Breath" />
./campaign/record_npc.xml:555: <static text="Spell" />
./campaign/record_npc.xml:707: <static text="Psionic Powers" />
./campaign/record_npc.xml:708: <tooltip text="Psionic Power ratings." />
./campaign/record_char_main.xml:1299: <static text="Turn" />
./campaign/record_char_main.xml:1308: <static text="Turn" />
./campaign/record_char_main.xml:1516: <static text="=" />
./campaign/record_char_main.xml:1579: <static text="Mod" />
./campaign/record_char_main.xml:1589: <static text="Temp" />
./campaign/record_char_main.xml:1597: <static text="=" />
./campaign/record_char_main.xml:1603: <static text="Total" />
./campaign/record_char_main.xml:1630: <static text="Psionic Powers" />
./campaign/record_char_main.xml:1631: <tooltip text="Psionic Power ratings." />
./campaign/record_char_main.xml:1768: <static text="Strength" />
./campaign/record_char_main.xml:1779: <static text="Base" />
./campaign/record_char_main.xml:1792: <static text="Base" />
./campaign/record_char_main.xml:1797: <static text="Mod" />
./campaign/record_char_main.xml:1811: <static text="Mod" />
./campaign/record_char_main.xml:1825: <static text="Mod" />
./campaign/record_char_main.xml:1830: <static text="Second" />
./campaign/record_char_main.xml:1840: <static text="Total" />
./campaign/record_char_main.xml:1851: <static text="Str %" />
./campaign/record_char_main.xml:1897: <static text="Dexterity" />
./campaign/record_char_main.xml:1943: <static text="Dex %" />
./campaign/record_char_main.xml:1992: <static text="Constitution" />
./campaign/record_char_main.xml:2038: <static text="Con %" />
./campaign/record_char_main.xml:2085: <static text="Intelligence" />
./campaign/record_char_main.xml:2131: <static text="Int %" />
./campaign/record_char_main.xml:2178: <static text="Wisdom" />
./campaign/record_char_main.xml:2224: <static text="Wis %" />
./campaign/record_char_main.xml:2270: <static text="Charisma" />
./campaign/record_char_main.xml:2316: <static text="Chr %" />
./campaign/record_char_main.xml:2427: <static text="Base" />
./campaign/record_char_main.xml:2440: <static text="Base" />
./campaign/record_char_main.xml:2445: <static text="Mod" />
./campaign/record_char_main.xml:2459: <static text="Mod" />
./campaign/record_char_main.xml:2473: <static text="Mod" />
./campaign/record_char_main.xml:2478: <static text="Second" />
./campaign/record_char_main.xml:2488: <static text="Total" />
./ct/ct_host.xml:373: <static text="Para" />
./ct/ct_host.xml:384: <static text="Poison" />
./ct/ct_host.xml:395: <static text="Death" />
./ct/ct_host.xml:406: <static text="Rod" />
./ct/ct_host.xml:418: <static text="Staff" />
./ct/ct_host.xml:425: <static text="Wand" />
./ct/ct_host.xml:436: <static text="Wand" />
./ct/ct_host.xml:447: <static text="Petrify" />
./ct/ct_host.xml:458: <static text="Poly" />
./ct/ct_host.xml:469: <static text="Breath" />
./ct/ct_host.xml:480: <static text="Spell" />
./ct/ct_host.xml:574: <static text="SD:" />
./ct/ct_host.xml:585: <static text="SA:" />
./utility/utility_readycheck.xml:135: <tooltip text="ARE THEY READY???" />
./utility/utility_readycheck.xml:140: <tooltip text="THEY ARE READY???" />

celestian
May 1st, 2019, 19:07
Hum, yeah those static strings should be variables. I've added a task (https://freedcamp.com/adndmikes_project_tOw/ADD_Ruleset_q7K/todos/24143162/) to support your work.

Wont be for a week or so due to travel for day job.

Gozer the Gozerian
May 2nd, 2019, 19:10
I'm using the 2e ruleset with the 1e extension, trying to use the OSRIC community modules to set up a 1e game, but I'm running into a few issues.

First problem I'm having is with armor. When I drag in a piece of armor from the OSRIC items, it shows the right armor class, on the character sheet, but does not adjust for a shield when I drag it in.
Also, when I look at the Combat settings (click on the little gear), it changes the character's base AC, rather than leaving the base as 10, and then adding a negative adjustment for armor.

celestian
May 3rd, 2019, 03:43
I'm using the 2e ruleset with the 1e extension, trying to use the OSRIC community modules to set up a 1e game, but I'm running into a few issues.

First problem I'm having is with armor. When I drag in a piece of armor from the OSRIC items, it shows the right armor class, on the character sheet, but does not adjust for a shield when I drag it in.
Also, when I look at the Combat settings (click on the little gear), it changes the character's base AC, rather than leaving the base as 10, and then adding a negative adjustment for armor.

I think that is because The module was written Before some of the functionality that exists now was there. Shields need to have a type Of armor and a subtype Of shield.

Gozer the Gozerian
May 5th, 2019, 06:18
When using this with the 1e extension (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?37986-AD-amp-D-Core-1e-Extention), the To-Hit matrix comes up incorrectly (to hit AC 0 actually starts at 19 at first level, which should be a 20), and when I attempt to edit the matrix on the class itself, those cells are read only.

esmdev
May 6th, 2019, 05:00
When using this with the 1e extension (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?37986-AD-amp-D-Core-1e-Extention), the To-Hit matrix comes up incorrectly (to hit AC 0 actually starts at 19 at first level, which should be a 20), and when I attempt to edit the matrix on the class itself, those cells are read only.

If I recall correctly, cleric/druid/monk starts out at 19 while the other classes start out at.20.

Gozer the Gozerian
May 6th, 2019, 05:16
If I recall correctly, cleric/druid/monk starts out at 19 while the other classes start out at.20.

No, I just double checked to make sure. No one starts out being able to hit AC 0 with a 19 at level 1. Magic Users and Illusionists can do it a level 6, Thieves and Assassins can do it starting at level 5, and Fighters/Paladins/Rangers skip right past it to 18 at level 3, just as Clerics/Druids/Monks do at level 4. Man, those tables were strange! :)

celestian
May 7th, 2019, 17:21

To be clear the matrix fields are empty and only populated when you load 1e community extension and then load the class 2E class. Matrix is supported in the 1e extension but you will have to configure it yourself. If I recall the empty matrix is generated using the THACO field which more than likely will not match the matrix until after level 3+ if at all.

Gozer the Gozerian
May 7th, 2019, 17:34
To be clear the matrix fields are empty and only populated when you load 1e community extension and then load the class 2E class. Matrix is supported in the 1e extension but you will have to configure it yourself. If I recall the empty matrix is generated using the THACO field which more than likely will not match the matrix until after level 3+ if at all.

I’m using the OSRIC classes, and then trying to edit the matrices, but I’m not able to, as they come up as read only.

celestian
May 7th, 2019, 17:40
I’m using the OSRIC classes, and then trying to edit the matrices, but I’m not able to, as they come up as read only.

Correct, as mentioned in Discord that won't be changed until the ruleset is next updated. I believe you should be able to use the test "channel" if you want to do it right now tho.

Dr0W
May 15th, 2019, 03:16
Just passing by to let you know that I, like fellow Drvolk, have been fiddling with a LPak translation of the ruleset for brazilian language, and just would like to point out that there is a bit of a mess with the strings: char_label_turndetail, char_label_turnlevel, char_label_turn and their tooltip versions.

They may have been swapped, you can notice right now that at the Combat Calc window, on the top left it's written "Turn", instead of "Level". And I'm not sure that the tooltips showing that the turn button should be that one. You may want to take a look to make sure every string is on the right place, but this is by no means a harmful thing as it does not interfere gamewise.

celestian
May 15th, 2019, 04:16
Just passing by to let you know that I, like fellow Drvolk, have been fiddling with a LPak translation of the ruleset for brazilian language, and just would like to point out that there is a bit of a mess with the strings: char_label_turndetail, char_label_turnlevel, char_label_turn and their tooltip versions.

They may have been swapped, you can notice right now that at the Combat Calc window, on the top left it's written "Turn", instead of "Level". And I'm not sure that the tooltips showing that the turn button should be that one. You may want to take a look to make sure every string is on the right place, but this is by no means a harmful thing as it does not interfere gamewise.

I've updated the task (https://freedcamp.com/adndmikes_project_tOw/ADD_Ruleset_q7K/todos/24143162/) to include this bit. I do have several other things ahead of this but it will get done.

Kanaric
May 16th, 2019, 01:00
surprised to see complete fighters and all that stuff on. Can't wait to see what comes next!

celestian
May 17th, 2019, 18:51

Your's and Drvolk's issues are addressed and will show up in Tuesdays update.

drvolk
May 18th, 2019, 08:20
I've updated the task (https://freedcamp.com/adndmikes_project_tOw/ADD_Ruleset_q7K/todos/24143162/) to include this bit. I do have several other things ahead of this but it will get done.

Hi celestian,

i saw that "the task" was marked as "completed" and i updated the new 2E ruleset yesterday. But the list of "static text" entities within the XMLs i found in the current ruleset seams to be not getting smaller (see attachment).

Is it still in progress or does it mean that these entities would not be changed for any reason at all ?

thanks for your awesome work!

drvolk

hawkwind
May 19th, 2019, 07:24
On the party sheet could it be possible in the future to drag parcels on the left hand of the xp tab so that you can easily award xp for treasure and magic items?

celestian
May 20th, 2019, 01:01
Hi celestian,

i saw that "the task" was marked as "completed" and i updated the new 2E ruleset yesterday. But the list of "static text" entities within the XMLs i found in the current ruleset seams to be not getting smaller (see attachment).

Is it still in progress or does it mean that these entities would not be changed for any reason at all ?

thanks for your awesome work!

drvolk

Your's and Drvolk's issues are addressed and will show up in Tuesdays update.

The updates won't show until Tuesday.

On the party sheet could it be possible in the future to drag parcels on the left hand of the xp tab so that you can easily award xp for treasure and magic items?

That's an interesting idea. I'll see what I can come up with (https://freedcamp.com/adndmikes_project_tOw/ADD_Ruleset_q7K/todos/24547683/).

Dr0W
May 22nd, 2019, 13:51
While teaching some tips and tricks for Fantasy Grounds I noticed a few "bugs", if I can call them that.

If you roll initiative from the hotkey bar, it actually allows you to roll initiative once again instead of blocking it from rolling it twice. When attacking using a ranged weapon from the hotbar, it doesn't auto reduce ammo. But then, I noticed that the ammo reducing also doesn't work on the 5e ruleset, so should it be reported somewhere else?

damned
May 22nd, 2019, 14:02
While teaching some tips and tricks for Fantasy Grounds I noticed a few "bugs", if I can call them that.

If you roll initiative from the hotkey bar, it actually allows you to roll initiative once again instead of blocking it from rolling it twice. When attacking using a ranged weapon from the hotbar, it doesn't auto reduce ammo. But then, I noticed that the ammo reducing also doesn't work on the 5e ruleset, so should it be reported somewhere else?

Many things get their links broken when you copy to the Hot Key bar.
The HotKey copies the roll to the HotKey but links are lost.
It is not peculiar to any ruleset - it is common across all rulesets.

celestian
May 22nd, 2019, 15:29

The "Alt" key is the button that allows override of rolling initiative more than once on that round. If you "bind" your initiative to the "alt" slots of macro buttons it will not check if you've already rolled initiative.

Not much I can do about it unfortunately other than completely remove the ability to "force" re-roll initiative.

devincor
May 23rd, 2019, 00:53
First, thank you for creating this ruleset!

Second, I am not a programmer so I don't know if this is possible: while I love 2nd ed. I like the way saving throws and cantrips are done in 5E. How would I go about trying to integrate those? Is it possible? I don't know if an extension would work? I imagine I could just add the cantrips in manually but wondered if there was another way.

If an extension would work, is there a good write-up or video explaining their creation?

Thank you.

celestian
May 23rd, 2019, 01:17
First, thank you for creating this ruleset!

Second, I am not a programmer so I don't know if this is possible: while I love 2nd ed. I like the way saving throws and cantrips are done in 5E. How would I go about trying to integrate those? Is it possible? I don't know if an extension would work? I imagine I could just add the cantrips in manually but wondered if there was another way.

If an extension would work, is there a good write-up or video explaining their creation?

Thank you.

Cantrips are just 0 level spells. Create a spell that's 0 level and you should be fine.

https://i.imgur.com/5Zxuhr8.png

5E Saves, that's something you'll have to back port through extension if you really want them.

DungeonMaster320
May 26th, 2019, 10:15
I just wanted to say THANK YOU!!! for all your hard work bringing AD&D to this program. Honestly I would not have given this another look if it was not for what you did. So Again Thank you.

Lexfire
May 26th, 2019, 15:21
Excellent work on the 2E rule set. I am just starting to explore the level of details with this rule set. Question on spells bonuses based on wisdom. 4th level Dwarf cleric with 17 Wisdom properly shows 5-1st level spells but only 2-2nd level spells on character sheet. Still working my way through the 2E videos. Thanks again.

celestian
May 26th, 2019, 17:33
Excellent work on the 2E rule set. I am just starting to explore the level of details with this rule set. Question on spells bonuses based on wisdom. 4th level Dwarf cleric with 17 Wisdom properly shows 5-1st level spells but only 2-2nd level spells on character sheet. Still working my way through the 2E videos. Thanks again.

That is correct. 2 first, 2 second and 1 third.

Lexfire
May 26th, 2019, 18:08
The totals at 4th level cleric caster is showing 5-1st and 2-2nd on the character sheet versus 5-1st and 4-2nd.

celestian
May 26th, 2019, 19:21
The totals at 4th level cleric caster is showing 5-1st and 2-2nd on the character sheet versus 5-1st and 4-2nd.

I think I see the confusion here. Bonus spells are not automatically applied. A cleric's advancement will, at level 4, have 3 1st and 2 2nd level spell slots. Right now you have to manually apply those bonus slots but the additional slots will be remembered when you level next.

I do have plans to try and come up with some features to automatically apply bonuses from wisdom, class, kits, items and misc additions but currently it's not automated.

hawkwind
May 28th, 2019, 19:09
hey look whats this https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/product.php?id=WOTC2EI1

Transmission89
June 5th, 2019, 18:32
Hi Celestian, Following on from our back and forth on the module thread yesterday, I just wanted to ask another question about how the ruleset expresses the rules in combat.
So the players have individual initiative. In the core rules of the game, they still declare what they want to do pre roll as I understand it? And the spells add to the rolled initiative. For example, If im a cleric, and I want to cast cure wounds, I add 5 to my initiative roll for my final initiative.

In the combat tracker, where I have just been playing around, if the cleric casts cure wound, that turn, it adds an effect to him. What does that actually mean in terms of gameplay in Fantasy Grounds? Does that modify his placement in the combat tracker for that turn? For example Dave the cleric gets 3 for initiative and bob the fighter gets 5. Dave is up first. He casts cure wounds which puts his initiative at 8, which would mean Bob goes first. Is this automatically done within the same round or as a player, would I have to add that mod myself?

Many thanks again, and sorry for bombarding you with so many newbie questions.

celestian
June 5th, 2019, 18:42
Hi Celestian, Following on from our back and forth on the module thread yesterday, I just wanted to ask another question about how the ruleset expresses the rules in combat.
So the players have individual initiative. In the core rules of the game, they still declare what they want to do pre roll as I understand it? And the spells add to the rolled initiative. For example, If im a cleric, and I want to cast cure wounds, I add 5 to my initiative roll for my final initiative.

In the combat tracker, where I have just been playing around, if the cleric casts cure wound, that turn, it adds an effect to him. What does that actually mean in terms of gameplay in Fantasy Grounds? Does that modify his placement in the combat tracker for that turn? For example Dave the cleric gets 3 for initiative and bob the fighter gets 5. Dave is up first. He casts cure wounds which puts his initiative at 8, which would mean Bob goes first. Is this automatically done within the same round or as a player, would I have to add that mod myself?

Many thanks again, and sorry for bombarding you with so many newbie questions.

If you use the spell initiative dice it will include the initiative modifier and also apply a effect of "casting". The casting effect is placed so that if the character gets hit before his initiative the spell is "lost" (per rules) and a chat message indicates that. The spell slot is not removed (thats up to player/dm) but the output indicates the occurrence.

https://i.imgur.com/xrQC35Q.png

Hope that answered your question.

Transmission89
June 5th, 2019, 18:43
Ah I see. How does this play with the next round feature in the combat manager? I found by clicking that it auto rolled for all the members. Thanks again :D

celestian
June 5th, 2019, 21:10
Ah I see. How does this play with the next round feature in the combat manager? I found by clicking that it auto rolled for all the members. Thanks again :D

The auto-roll for PCs is a roll of generic initiative. The initiative modifier listed on the front of the character sheet is added to the roll. That's it. It doesn't associate it with previously rolled powers or weapon attacks. You can either let them roll for their attack (weapon or power) or just let the generic roll be their roll. It's up to the DM.

Transmission89
June 5th, 2019, 21:57
Fantastic, thank you very much!

JohnD
June 5th, 2019, 23:54
Man Neebs III is a bit of a glass cannon isn't he?

Culdraug
June 19th, 2019, 00:50
Is this normal? Unidentified item shows the spell? This was client side.

celestian
June 19th, 2019, 01:58
Is this normal? Unidentified item shows the spell? This was client side.

It shouldn't do that. I tested DM side toggle of identified and the same thing happened on client and host side.

https://i.imgur.com/vNAJuJS.gif

Unless they have another potion with the same powers identified...

Culdraug
June 19th, 2019, 02:21
Thanks for the quick reply. Neat that it shows in powers on the action tab when id'ed.

I looked at it from the inventory tab of the character on the client.

celestian
June 30th, 2019, 05:56
Here is a informal tutorial of some of the ways to manage NPCs. Create from imported text and general features of fields/etc. If you find something missing that should be there let me know.

NPC overview and import from text block.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpDthPd8pvo

celestian
June 30th, 2019, 05:57
Additional NPC details. Importing from statblocks

Import from statblock text.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3L087qCL1Bg

JohnD
June 30th, 2019, 17:23
Any possibility of getting the variant encumberance rules added?

celestian
June 30th, 2019, 18:48
Any possibility of getting the variant encumberance rules added?

There are a couple methods. I went with the one I could programmatically manage. Basic Encumbrance (Tournament rule) is what I went with. The Optional is based on move base and strength and then correlated to tables. It also only works for 12 and 6 base move scores. The other works with any movement score so works better for classes/races with non-standard move base (Monks and Barbarians come to mind).

ComicRelief
July 6th, 2019, 20:42
Playing around with the new 2E character creation, I created a human rogue (thief) with an INT of 16 (+5 languages). Stats added first, then race, then class. I noticed that over in the "Skills" tab, that the initial number of non-weapon proficiency slots was 3 - shouldn't this have been modified by the INT language bonus to 8 (per PHB Chapter 5 example of "Rath" under "Acquiring Proficiencies")?

;)

JohnD
July 6th, 2019, 23:25
Wasn't this one of those optional rules, using extra language slots as extra proficiency slots for NWPs?

celestian
July 7th, 2019, 06:00
Playing around with the new 2E character creation, I created a human rogue (thief) with an INT of 16 (+5 languages). Stats added first, then race, then class. I noticed that over in the "Skills" tab, that the initial number of non-weapon proficiency slots was 3 - shouldn't this have been modified by the INT language bonus to 8 (per PHB Chapter 5 example of "Rath" under "Acquiring Proficiencies")?

;)

Those are not automatically adjusted because the rule is optional as mentioned by JohnD. There are some rules that let fighters convert them to weapon profs as well. Thats why I made the field (profs earned) editable by the Host/DM so they could add them if they allowed it. The only piece automated for "profs" right now is the ones earned by leveling/initial from class.

ComicRelief
July 12th, 2019, 03:16
Those are not automatically adjusted because the rule is optional as mentioned by JohnD. There are some rules that let fighters convert them to weapon profs as well. Thats why I made the field (profs earned) editable by the Host/DM so they could add them if they allowed it. The only piece automated for "profs" right now is the ones earned by leveling/initial from class.

Fair enough. I realize they are optional rules, but I figured if you automatically give the base number, why not automatically give the adjusted numbers? (I would think that would be a bit easier on the host/GM instead of making them manually add them to all the players every time they syaty a new campaign.) Now I'll have to go back and see about the optional fighters can convert to weapons profs, as I never heard of that one.

Thanks!
;)

celestian
July 12th, 2019, 06:03
Now I'll have to go back and see about the optional fighters can convert to weapons profs, as I never heard of that one.

It's either in the Fighter's Handbook or the Combat & Tactics ... I can't remember which ... I only let pure fighters do it in my games.

celestian
August 6th, 2019, 20:10
Update notes for the FG 3.3.8 update.

2E Ruleset

[Update] ported 3.3.8 CoreRPG ruleset changes that are necessary for overrides to 2E ruleset.
[Update] ported 3.3.8 5E ruleset changes that are necessary to 2E ruleset.
[Fixed] issue with multiple weapon attack names displaying properly.
[Fixed] issue with ranged weapons ammo entries appearing properly in Host CT.
[Added] effect string DMGX for damage multiplier. (DMGX: 2 would mean times 2 damage for each dice)
[Added] Drag/drop story/text INTO quicknotes.

Beerbelly
August 7th, 2019, 22:33
In the Invoker description, it keeps saying Illusion instead of invoker in the PHB classes options.

graziano.girelli
September 17th, 2019, 18:09
Finally i've purchase the 3 core manuals plus Temple of Elemental Evil, and slowly i will buy all Forgotten Realms supplement (very slowly... the complete collection is quiet expensive). Now i can come back to AD&D and play with my old group after 15 years. Thanks for this ruleset!!!
A question: when i open an item, i can't have it on display when i click on another... Is it possible to have multiple windows of objects on the screen to make comparisons instead of a single window that displays only the last object clicked?
Thanks!

celestian
September 17th, 2019, 18:33
A question: when i open an item, i can't have it on display when i click on another... Is it possible to have multiple windows of objects on the screen to make comparisons instead of a single window that displays only the last object clicked?
Thanks!

The default mode is to show only one object of a type at a time. If you hold control while opening you can have as many windows as you like.

graziano.girelli
September 17th, 2019, 20:30
The default mode is to show only one object of a type at a time. If you hold control while opening you can have as many windows as you like.

Thanks!!!
I'm still watching your video tutorial to learn how to use correctly the ruleset. I will start temple of elementa evil soon, and i like to master quiet well the tools before invite my players :-)

Kanaric
September 19th, 2019, 18:47
Ran into a minor annoyance in regards to initiative and the new combat tracker.

So the way we run games I do weapon speed and casting time initiative. So I have to go to each icon and roll initiative on them.

Since this change if you open the stats window on the map they have no weapons or spells, until you slect them in the combat tracker.

It might be OK to just go through the combat tracker and do it, but then you run into a problem. That problem is when you do initiative for things on there they go out of order and I lose track of what I rolled for, which is why I double click on the icons on the map and do it.

Is there a solution to this already built in?

celestian
September 19th, 2019, 19:58
Ran into a minor annoyance in regards to initiative and the new combat tracker.

So the way we run games I do weapon speed and casting time initiative. So I have to go to each icon and roll initiative on them.

Since this change if you open the stats window on the map they have no weapons or spells, until you slect them in the combat tracker.

It might be OK to just go through the combat tracker and do it, but then you run into a problem. That problem is when you do initiative for things on there they go out of order and I lose track of what I rolled for, which is why I double click on the icons on the map and do it.

Is there a solution to this already built in?

Until you select the npc in the CT it's full loadout will not be available. Selecting the NPC should bring up the action options similar to the NPC sheet where you can roll. I am not sure what you mean they "go out of order". If you want to roll initiative for a NPC using it's weapon/spell you'll have to select it from the CT at least once. After that you can roll whereever you like, using the short cut in the CT or the token double click on the map.

celestian
September 19th, 2019, 20:25
Until you select the npc in the CT it's full loadout will not be available. Selecting the NPC should bring up the action options similar to the NPC sheet where you can roll. I am not sure what you mean they "go out of order". If you want to roll initiative for a NPC using it's weapon/spell you'll have to select it from the CT at least once. After that you can roll whereever you like, using the short cut in the CT or the token double click on the map.

Scratch that. Well, after the update next week. To be honest I didn't even think about loading an npc from the map like that but I wrote a check just now and tested that will load it the same way selecting in the CT does. You should be able to do what you want next week.

Kanaric
September 19th, 2019, 22:01
Scratch that. Well, after the update next week. To be honest I didn't even think about loading an npc from the map like that but I wrote a check just now and tested that will load it the same way selecting in the CT does. You should be able to do what you want next week.

Awesome, thanks for the fix. This will help me a lot.

What I meant by "out of order" is when you roll initiative on the combat tracker they change position. So I can't just go down clicking one at a time doing initiative because i'll occasionally catch one that rolled higher than where I am on the tracker. Probably explaining this stupidly. The map is easier because the tokens are static.

JohnD
September 20th, 2019, 17:40
Ideally, a DM could designate a "primary" weapon for an NPC with the according speed factor used automatically when initiative is generated. This could be something the DM can change in the CT (maybe a tick circle or something) or on the NPC record. It would cut out a lot of extra stumbling around for DMs who want to be granular in how initiative is generated.

graziano.girelli
September 28th, 2019, 21:16
Celestian, is it possible to have a kit sample to understand how to put the information inside your ruleset?
I have the glorious AD&D Core Rules Expansion 2.0 Expansion and i like to put some kits so my player will have more option to better define their characters, but i don't know how to insert data in the correct way.
I like to insert the elf war wizard, but i really don't know how to do proceed. if it were possible to have a kit compiled as a guide would be great!

Although elves do not desire war, preferring instead to live their lives in peace and idyllic happiness, they recognize that the world is full of races hostile to elves, all of whom would love to see them driven into the dirt. A War Wizard is one who has devoted her life to defending against such attacks.

· Role. The War Wizard is usually the person in charge of defense for any given elf town. When there is a problem with an enemy, the War Wizard is the one to call.

Even if not associated with a town, the War Wizard is an invaluable asset to any group that expects to face trouble. Simple strategic knowledge is her bread and butter, but her expertise does not end there. She can work offensive marvels physically, and her spellcasting skills are excellent.

· Secondary Skills. Scribe, Tactician.

· Weapon Proficiencies. Bonus: Long bow, long sword. Recommended: Short bow, short sword, weapon style specialization (from The Complete Fighter's Handbook).

· Bonus Nonweapon Proficiencies. Spellcraft, plus Engineering or Survival.

· Recommended Nonweapon Proficiencies. Blind-Fighting, Heraldry, Land-Based Riding, Languages (Ancient or Modern), Set Snares, Weather Sense.

· Equipment. A War Wizard can carry whatever equipment she likes.

· Distinctive Appearance. War Wizards have no distinctive appearance. They may dress as they please on their own time. However, they often have a military aura. When in a military capacity, they must wear a uniform.

· Special Benefits. The War Wizard, because of her knowledge of strategy, can enable her side to add +1 to their attack rolls for the duration of a battle. This bonus applies only if all the following conditions are met: 1) The War Wizard has had a chance to survey the area and map it. 2) The War Wizard holds a strategy meeting with all who gain the +1 bonus. 3) All members of the War Wizard's side who are to gain the bonus successfully make an Intelligence check that has been modified by the difficulty of the instructions and changes in the terrain. Those who fail do not gain the bonus, and they run the risk of destroying another team member's bonus during battle. If these conditions are met, the War Wizard's side gains the bonus. If any part is left out or ignored, the bonus is negated.

The War Wizard is allowed a weapon of choice. She gains a +1 to attack rolls with this weapon, cumulative with all other applicable bonuses.
She also gains a "spell of choice," once every four levels. This spell is usually a large-scale, offensive spell or it may be a handy defensive spell. Only rarely are they personal in scope and, even then, it must have some applicability to a larger party. The spell can be of any level the War Wizard can cast at the time she chooses the spell. Thus, at the 4th level, a War Wizard can choose spells of the 1st or 2nd level. At the 8th level, she can choose spells of up to the 4th level.

The chosen spell is not a bonus spell for the War Wizard. It must still be memorized as would a normal spell. However, the spell can be either cast more quickly, firing at a +1 to initiative, or force the opponent to take a -1 on his save. For every four levels the War Wizard has practiced this spell, she gains a +1 bonus to either side. For example, if a 12th-level War Wizard had chosen sleep as her spell at the 4th level, she would now gain either +2 to initiative when casting it or would cause her opponents to save at -2.

· Special Hindrances. The War Wizard is limited in her choice of weapons. Although a warrior/mage ordinarily receives the full gamut of weapons, a War Wizard may only take certain weapons. Any of the normal wizard's weapons, any blade, any bow, or a lance may be chosen. The selection cannot extend beyond these, however.

War Wizards have a Code of Conduct that they must abide by at all times. Even when they are apart from their units, the code may never be broken. If it is and they are discovered, they will be drummed from the unit. It is up to the DM and the player to determine what the Code is for each unit, but it should fierce, demanding, and restrictive.
Finally, there are demands the unit will place on the War Wizard. She must comply with these demands or lose her benefits. The unit will typically take up about one month per year of the War Wizard's time.

· Wealth Options. The War Wizard has 30 to 180 (3d6x10) gp initially, which can be spent however she likes.

· Suggested Elf Subraces. Drow, grey elf, high elf.

Copyright 1999 TSR Inc.

celestian
September 28th, 2019, 21:37
So, conveniently I just finished up putting together the Complete Book of Elves so I know where this comes from and can tell you what I did. The first thing you have to realize is not everything can be automated. So, make sure the player and DM can find the information they will need and automate things where you can.

Here is a screenshot of how I organized the kit.

https://i.imgur.com/jfo05RI.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/jfo05RI.jpg

Powers Tab:
https://i.imgur.com/mAUuqaJ.png

Skills Tab:
https://i.imgur.com/0dAJV0a.png
Hopefully that helps explain how I go about it.

I've got the Complete book of Elves and Bards both finished but I still want to do a couple self QA passes to make sure it's clean. They should be out in the next month or so (give or take depending on WoTC's QA/approvals).

graziano.girelli
September 28th, 2019, 22:33
Wonderful!!! It's absolutely perfect.
With your work, you're seriously affecting the health of my poor wallet.
Many thanks.

By the way... did you plan to release also the Forgotten Realms grey boxed set?

Bonkon
October 3rd, 2019, 05:58
Good Day All :)
Perhaps it is just me but when I open class descriptions in the Players Handbook for Specialty Mages it has the following on all the types:

"Through the course of his studies, the illusionist has become adept at memorizing illusion spells (though it is still an arduous process). He can memorize an extra illusion spell at each spell level. Thus, as a 1st-level caster he can memorize two spells, although at least one of these must be an illusion spell.

Later, when he begins to research new spells for his collection, he finds it easier to devise new illusion spells to fill specialized needs. Research in other schools is harder and more time consuming for him."

Where it says "Illusionist" it should be the particular specialty type (Invoker, Necromancer...etc).

AegisPrime
October 3rd, 2019, 14:36
Illusionist is just given as an example of a specialist wizard - a Necromancer or an Evoker follows the same template, just replace 'illusion' with 'evocation' (or whatever). It wouldn't make sense to add separate specialist classes (and they're not present in the print Player's Handbook either) - DM's should make a copy of the Illusionist class and edit the copy as necessary.

celestian
October 3rd, 2019, 15:26
Perhaps it is just me but when I open class descriptions in the Players Handbook for Specialty Mages it has the following on all the types:

"Through the course of his studies, the illusionist has become adept at memorizing illusion spells (though it is still an arduous process). He can memorize an extra illusion spell at each spell level. Thus, as a 1st-level caster he can memorize two spells, although at least one of these must be an illusion spell.

Later, when he begins to research new spells for his collection, he finds it easier to devise new illusion spells to fill specialized needs. Research in other schools is harder and more time consuming for him."

Where it says "Illusionist" it should be the particular specialty type (Invoker, Necromancer...etc).

Good catch. As Aegis mentioned these class specialist details did not exist in the PHB for anything other than the Illusionist. This is fallout from using the Illusionist as a template to create entries for each listed specialist class. I thought I had cleaned the remaining bits like that out but I'll get it sorted.

AegisPrime
October 3rd, 2019, 15:36
This is fallout from using the Illusionist as a template to create entries for each listed specialist class.

You mean you actually added them all to your PHB? You crazy man :D

celestian
October 3rd, 2019, 15:46
You mean you actually added them all to your PHB? You crazy man :D

Yes, I had a discussion with Doug about it after there were several requests for it. It was approved so they could all be setup for easy use as a drag/drop class.

Merell
October 9th, 2019, 00:51
And greatly apreaciated. Thanks again Celestian.

BierRunner
October 12th, 2019, 03:30
Not sure if this is user error or a bug. I’m new and getting ready for a campaign and we were testing combat. For clerics, turning undead resulted in a dice role indicating no target selected. However, when the cleric swings a mace damage to the skeleton in question registers. This tells me that targeting is working but turning is not. Of course there is the very likely chance that I am doing it incorrectly.

celestian
October 12th, 2019, 03:36
Not sure if this is user error or a bug. I’m new and getting ready for a campaign and we were testing combat. For clerics, turning undead resulted in a dice role indicating no target selected. However, when the cleric swings a mace damage to the skeleton in question registers. This tells me that targeting is working but turning is not. Of course there is the very likely chance that I am doing it incorrectly.

Target all the npcs they wish to turn and then roll the turn dice. If the NPC is not of a type "undead" it will not work.

There are also tables in the PHB that can be rolled to handle it the old fashion way. They are broken out for each level rank. Just have them (or you" roll them to see the output). Using those you'll need to manually determine amount, type and whatnot.

under_score
November 15th, 2019, 14:37
Hey celestian,
I've been running a 2e campaign for a couple months now and love the ruleset. Your work on this is very much appreciated.
One issue though that I'm having with managing my campaign is the way the ruleset has so many groups in the Story. Even though there is a DMG and PHB group, it also has chapter groupings for almost every group of both modules. This means that to find my own story groups, I have to scroll past over 40 groupings every time I want to open something. It's pretty awful organization and FG won't let me delete those while the modules are loaded. Any way to clean this mess up?

celestian
November 15th, 2019, 16:00
Hey celestian,
I've been running a 2e campaign for a couple months now and love the ruleset. Your work on this is very much appreciated.
One issue though that I'm having with managing my campaign is the way the ruleset has so many groups in the Story. Even though there is a DMG and PHB group, it also has chapter groupings for almost every group of both modules. This means that to find my own story groups, I have to scroll past over 40 groupings every time I want to open something. It's pretty awful organization and FG won't let me delete those while the modules are loaded. Any way to clean this mess up?

PHB/DMG/MM shouldn't have Story entries. Just a reference manual. I must have inadvertently exported those on the last update. I'll make sure the next update corrects that.

Merell
November 20th, 2019, 07:23
This means that to find my own story groups, I have to scroll past over 40 groupings every time I want to open something. It's pretty awful organization and FG won't let me delete those while the modules are loaded. Any way to clean this mess up?

Another easier way is to isolate you story info comming up. To do this go to the top of the story area and pick the pull down where you are getting the story info. Should be catagories with "All", " (New)", "Players handbook" etc.. your story content should be in the "New" area. That shoul give you only your story info.

JohnD
November 20th, 2019, 16:03
Another easier way is to isolate you story info comming up. To do this go to the top of the story area and pick the pull down where you are getting the story info. Should be catagories with "All", " (New)", "Players handbook" etc.. your story content should be in the "New" area. That shoul give you only your story info.

This was fixed in the update yesterday, however, this is not necessarily true: you can make your own subcategories and divide up entries that way.

celestian
November 20th, 2019, 16:39
PHB/DMG/MM shouldn't have Story entries. Just a reference manual. I must have inadvertently exported those on the last update. I'll make sure the next update corrects that.

The issues specific to those products should be resolved now (update yesterday).

Kanaric
November 23rd, 2019, 16:54
Is there any way we can change the sphere drop down in the spells list to a checkbox instead? So you can just select all the spheres you get and see them all rather than one at a time?

JohnD
November 23rd, 2019, 18:30
Is there any way we can change the sphere drop down in the spells list to a checkbox instead? So you can just select all the spheres you get and see them all rather than one at a time?

Oh that's a nice idea. I guess you'd also need a secondary radial to indicate whether you get complete access to the sphere or just secondary (up to 3rd level or whatever it is).

celestian
November 23rd, 2019, 20:05

I added this to the list when you asked about it the last time (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?48924-AD-amp-D-2E-Officially-Licensed-Ruleset-and-Content&p=435413&viewfull=1#post435413) ;)

This is on the task list (https://freedcamp.com/adndmikes_project_tOw/ADD_Ruleset_q7K/todos/24060586/) but I am not sure currently how best to do it w/o hacking and overriding CoreRPG code, which I'd rather avoid. When I do decide to do it more than likely it'll be something that will work for all filters.

Bonkon
December 7th, 2019, 08:19
I believe I found a slight typo error in the Danger at Darkshelf Quarry module.
The Mudtiger (2 HD) has an AC of 14 while the other Mudtigers all have AC 6.

JohnD
December 7th, 2019, 15:59
I believe I found a slight typo error in the Danger at Darkshelf Quarry module.
The Mudtiger (2 HD) has an AC of 14 while the other Mudtigers all have AC 6.

Huh... interesting thanks for pointing that out I'll get that fixed. :)

celestian
December 28th, 2019, 21:55
I've been creating the documentation for the AD&D ruleset. I am still working on it but have the bulk of the character sheet details done.

AD&D 2E ruleset documentation. (https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/FGU/pages/1736705/2E+Ruleset)

I'll chip away at the various pieces like items, powers and effects as I time permits.

The upcoming version of the ruleset will link to these pages moving forward.

jab112
December 29th, 2019, 02:11
I get a Script Error when I add items to the pc inventory. This is in FGC, FGU is working fine. "Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_string.lua"]:81: attempt to get length of local 'set' (a nil value)
Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_string.lua"]:81: attempt to get length of local 'set' (a nil value)"

celestian
December 29th, 2019, 05:24
I get a Script Error when I add items to the pc inventory. This is in FGC, FGU is working fine. "Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_string.lua"]:81: attempt to get length of local 'set' (a nil value)
Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_string.lua"]:81: attempt to get length of local 'set' (a nil value)"

Do you have any extensions in FGC? Dragging and dropping items from the PHB to a PC inventory worked fine for me. I could not replicate a problem.

MrHack
March 9th, 2020, 16:40
When I click the Type icon on the Actions tab of the character sheet to switch between Melee, Ranged, and Thrown, the ATK and DMG modifier doesn't change, even when I've got Base selected as the Stat for both and my Abilities should cause a change.

Also, when setting up the Stat for a Weapon's DAMAGE, there is an "NA" option and a "-" option. The Stat for ATTACK only has the "NA" option. Is there a difference mechanically or otherwise between the "NA" and the "-" options, or a reason/situation to use one over the other?

celestian
March 9th, 2020, 17:08
When I click the Type icon on the Actions tab of the character sheet to switch between Melee, Ranged, and Thrown, the ATK and DMG modifier doesn't change, even when I've got Base selected as the Stat for both and my Abilities should cause a change.

Found this and fixed, thanks for the report. I'll put the fix in queue for next update.

Also, when setting up the Stat for a Weapon's DAMAGE, there is an "NA" option and a "-" option. The Stat for ATTACK only has the "NA" option. Is there a difference mechanically or otherwise between the "NA" and the "-" options, or a reason/situation to use one over the other?

NA means use nothing, dash uses whatever the default is for that weapon type be it melee (str) or ranged (dex). The NA I added for use for NPCs as some have their strength already calculated into their damage ratings and did not need dex or str adjustments. For a time I was just setting in the CHA but a few people asked me why I did that so this was to resolve confusion.

MrHack
March 10th, 2020, 01:23
NA means use nothing, dash uses whatever the default is for that weapon type be it melee (str) or ranged (dex). The NA I added for use for NPCs as some have their strength already calculated into their damage ratings and did not need dex or str adjustments. For a time I was just setting in the CHA but a few people asked me why I did that so this was to resolve confusion.

The dash seems to work the same way as NA for me, in that case. I get the effect that you're describing by setting the Stat to Base.

Is there a reason to use the dash instead of NA?

Thanks!

celestian
March 10th, 2020, 04:54
The dash seems to work the same way as NA for me, in that case. I get the effect that you're describing by setting the Stat to Base.

Is there a reason to use the dash instead of NA?

Thanks!

Base uses whatever the default is for that weapon type be it melee (str) or ranged (dex).

https://i.imgur.com/7x4NDTT.png

https://i.imgur.com/C7ORNUV.png

The value, as I mentioned, is more for NPCs and should not be necessary for PCs.

Culdraug
March 17th, 2020, 20:33
Hi, I am getting this error when trying to drop a race from the players handbook to a new character sheet.

[ERROR] Script execution error: [string "campaign/scripts/manager_char.lua"]:1240: attempt to index global 'CampaignDataManager2' (a nil value)

It happens with or without extensions and in either classic or unity.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

celestian
March 17th, 2020, 20:42
Hi, I am getting this error when trying to drop a race from the players handbook to a new character sheet.

[ERROR] Script execution error: [string "campaign/scripts/manager_char.lua"]:1240: attempt to index global 'CampaignDataManager2' (a nil value)

It happens with or without extensions and in either classic or unity.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Fallout from removing a linked bit of scripting. Let me clean this up and see if I can get it submitted.

celestian
March 17th, 2020, 21:37
Fallout from removing a linked bit of scripting. Let me clean this up and see if I can get it submitted.

There was another small update that should fix this problem. Sorry for the trouble.

Culdraug
March 17th, 2020, 21:41

That was quick!! Thanks!

Now, I may be doing something wrong but when I drop the race, and the race has stat mods, they should automatically be applied correct?

I do not see changes anymore.

edit: I noticed in the race dialog, showing the ability adjustments, the second ability has a strange character next to it. Not a plus or minus.

celestian
March 17th, 2020, 21:47
Now, I may be doing something wrong but when I drop the race, and the race has stat mods, they should automatically be applied correct?

I do not see changes anymore.

edit: I noticed in the race dialog, showing the ability adjustments, the second ability has a strange character next to it. Not a plus or minus.

I'll take a look when I get back home. If I can reproduce the issue the update for a fix will be next Tuesday.

celestian
March 18th, 2020, 00:23
I'll take a look when I get back home. If I can reproduce the issue the update for a fix will be next Tuesday.

Found and fixed for next Tuesday. This should be the last of the issues around these recent updates.

I'll see if I can get the next rev up on the test channel soon.

celestian
March 18th, 2020, 17:26

I've pushed the fix to the Test channel in FGC. If you check there that everything is working for you (it did in my local tests) I'll make sure the updates goes to production on next Tuesday.

Davide87
April 24th, 2020, 09:12
Hi there,

I was wondering if is it correct for a wether melee/long range weapon (such as dagger) to have the same thac0 modifiers. For instance, this dagger can be used with strenght modifier in a melee fight but with a dex modifier if used as long range. Am i right? In my campaign if a PC has a dagger it comes with a strenght modifier for both long range/melee. Is there any way to make it automatically calculated or should I modify manually?

Another thing I noticed. It seems that the surprise roll is not modified by dexterity (reaction adj.).

Thanks

celestian
April 24th, 2020, 15:44
Hi there,

I was wondering if is it correct for a wether melee/long range weapon (such as dagger) to have the same thac0 modifiers. For instance, this dagger can be used with strenght modifier in a melee fight but with a dex modifier if used as long range. Am i right? In my campaign if a PC has a dagger it comes with a strenght modifier for both long range/melee. Is there any way to make it automatically calculated or should I modify manually?

Another thing I noticed. It seems that the surprise roll is not modified by dexterity (reaction adj.).

Thanks

There is currently no automated method to apply dex AND strength bonus to "to hit". You can use one or the other and then manually apply the other.

Regarding dex and surprise, you are correct, it currently (https://freedcamp.com/adndmikes_project_tOw/ADD_Ruleset_q7K/todos/31972424/) does not automate adjustments from dexterity.

Davide87
April 25th, 2020, 11:40
There is currently no automated method to apply dex AND strength bonus to "to hit". You can use one or the other and then manually apply the other.

Regarding dex and surprise, you are correct, it currently (https://freedcamp.com/adndmikes_project_tOw/ADD_Ruleset_q7K/todos/31972424/) does not automate adjustments from dexterity.

Hi, actually it has always been a controversial topic among us. In the Italian version of the core manuals there is no a very clear explanation, but we always interpret the rule as follows:
Melee weapons have their own modifier, given by strength, while throwing weapons depend on dexterity.
On the other hand we don't see why a bodybuilder should have a developed aim, while we recognize that even a slender person might have the ability to hit a fly between the eyes.

Could you tell us if there is a clear rule in this regard and, possibly, on which manual can we find it?

Thanks for all!
Cheers!

celestian
April 25th, 2020, 16:05
Hi, actually it has always been a controversial topic among us. In the Italian version of the core manuals there is no a very clear explanation, but we always interpret the rule as follows:
Melee weapons have their own modifier, given by strength, while throwing weapons depend on dexterity.
On the other hand we don't see why a bodybuilder should have a developed aim, while we recognize that even a slender person might have the ability to hit a fly between the eyes.

Could you tell us if there is a clear rule in this regard and, possibly, on which manual can we find it?

Thanks for all!
Cheers!

I know there is a rule that says dex and str work for thrown weapons but I can't find it. It might not be in the Core books and be in something like Combat and Tactics. I seem to recall the rule description being in a place I wouldn't normally look for it so that might be why I can't find it.

I'll poke around later when I have more time.

jab112
April 25th, 2020, 16:30
Page 99 in the phb.

Davide87
April 25th, 2020, 16:44
Page 99 in the phb.

Yes, you're right! Thanks!

jab112
April 25th, 2020, 18:04
Your welcome.

celestian
April 27th, 2020, 17:20
Page 99 in the phb.

Can you narrow down where?

My PHB shows Money/Equipment on page 99.

https://i.imgur.com/6QS7A0I.png

jab112
April 27th, 2020, 17:29
Form the 1989 printing of the ad&d 2e pub.
Chapter 9 combat. Under missile weapon's in combat.
For your book the information is on page 131.

celestian
April 27th, 2020, 18:00
Form the 1989 printing of the ad&d 2e pub.
Chapter 9 combat. Under missile weapon's in combat.
For your book the information is on page 131.

Perfect, just what I was looking for and yeap... I saw this before but never could remember! I've highlighted it.

Attack roll and damage modifiers for Strength are always used when an attack is made with a hurled weapon.
Dexterity modifiers to the attack roll are applied when making a missile attack with a hand-held weapon.

Not sure if/when this will be automated but it's on the list (https://freedcamp.com/adndmikes_project_tOw/ADD_Ruleset_q7K/todos/32017571/).

BTW. page 131 in the later printings (and current PDF).

And it turns out in the DMG as well... and this one I highlighted previously. /duh

https://i.imgur.com/PMnexbc.png

Davide87
April 27th, 2020, 18:09
Italian version34477

jab112
April 27th, 2020, 18:14
The joys of so many versions.

JohnD
April 27th, 2020, 19:58
Universal language.

graziano.girelli
April 28th, 2020, 20:04
I'm italian too, and i have both the manual (RIPA and 25Edition).
Both english and italian version are telling the same things. I don't understand which is the problem...

EDIT: after chatting with Davide, I dug up a very old text file with a Q&A session with David "Zeb" Cook, in which he clarifies the issue regarding the use of the FORce and DEXterity bonuses:

"ATTACK MODIFIERS
Strength applies a modifier to hit and damage with bows (but not crossbows) and melee weapons. Dexterity applies a modifier to hit with all bows and hurled weapons. There is no limit to the modifiers added to an attack roll.
Several situations may modify the attack roll."

Vackipleur
June 10th, 2020, 14:43
Great ruleset :)
Is it possible to add an attack number box similar to the #ammo box. It's easy to forget the right number of attacks (or missiles) for a character.
Thanks.

celestian
June 10th, 2020, 15:50
Great ruleset :)
Is it possible to add an attack number box similar to the #ammo box. It's easy to forget the right number of attacks (or missiles) for a character.
Thanks.

Have you tried putting it in the name?

Longsword (3/2)

I'm leary of adding additional fields that are not used by the bulk of Characters due to limited space.

prometheus13
June 25th, 2020, 16:09
Did something just change with respect to the 2E ruleset?
I am no longer seeing it as an option when starting a campaign.
Is it just me or are others experiencing this

celestian
June 25th, 2020, 16:22
Did something just change with respect to the 2E ruleset?
I am no longer seeing it as an option when starting a campaign.
Is it just me or are others experiencing this

https://i.imgur.com/urRg6I0.png

Astaroshe
June 26th, 2020, 16:26
Noticed a Bug in FGU today: (Latest Update 20-06-25)
If you have only 1 Class and a XP Penalty it calculates the required XP for levelups correctly. If you have more than 1 Class that is active (For example a High Elf Fighter/Mage) It calculates the required XP for one Class correctly and for the other it seems like the added value ist divided by 100

celestian
June 26th, 2020, 16:35
Noticed a Bug in FGU today: (Latest Update 20-06-25)
If you have only 1 Class and a XP Penalty it calculates the required XP for levelups correctly. If you have more than 1 Class that is active (For example a High Elf Fighter/Mage) It calculates the required XP for one Class correctly and for the other it seems like the added value ist divided by 100

I've verified it works in FGC currently. More than likely the issue is a refresh/window display problem that is a general problem with FGU right now.

If you close and reload FGU I image the view would show it properly. Not a solution but not something I can fix.

Astaroshe
June 26th, 2020, 17:18
I've verified it works in FGC currently. More than likely the issue is a refresh/window display problem that is a general problem with FGU right now.

If you close and reload FGU I image the view would show it properly. Not a solution but not something I can fix.

Sadly that is not the case, this error persists. The Window als properly updates anything else like adding XP, or additional levels for the classes etc...
Though I'm not sure what/if FGU is handling the calcualtions differently

celestian
June 26th, 2020, 17:48
I'll look into this and see if it's a general problem.

Astaroshe
June 26th, 2020, 17:52
actually you perfectly do?
Fighter no penalty: 16.000 XP ->10% penalty = 1.600 XP -> w/penalty: should be 17.600 but is 16016
Mage no penalty: 10.000XP -> 10% penalty = 1.000XP -> w/penalty: 11.000 (correctly calculated)

celestian
June 26th, 2020, 18:04
I'll look into this and see if it's a general problem.

Found the issue, unrelated to FGU, math problem ... applying adjustments to calculations within the wrong scope.

Eric Boeschenstein
June 30th, 2020, 21:06
Hi Celestian I found a flaw in the data of the intelligence attribute in the value 14. In the character sheet it is showing maximum level for 6th magic and it should be 7th and in Chance to Learn Spell this is 55% and it should be 60% and the Chance to Learn Spell, when rolled, is not taking into account the value it is showing in the character.
Congratulations this was a great job you did in AD&D 2nd and I love this system.

celestian
June 30th, 2020, 21:57
Hi Celestian I found a flaw in the data of the intelligence attribute in the value 14. In the character sheet it is showing maximum level for 6th magic and it should be 7th and in Chance to Learn Spell this is 55% and it should be 60% and the Chance to Learn Spell, when rolled, is not taking into account the value it is showing in the character.
Congratulations this was a great job you did in AD&D 2nd and I love this system.

I don't see that. Make sure you aren't using any extensions. I suspect you have the 1E extension loaded which actually does have those values at 14.

https://i.imgur.com/b8Z4OeI.png

Eric Boeschenstein
June 30th, 2020, 22:37
Thanks for the quick answer, you were right it was an old extension.
But the Chance to Learn Spell roll has the wrong target for me, it is not taking into account the percentage of the attribute.

ShadowsLight
July 1st, 2020, 03:24
The Learn Spell and Spell Failure percent chance results rolled from the Character Abilities on the Main tab appear to be incorrectly normalized.
Version: 2E v2020.06.11

celestian
July 1st, 2020, 07:00
The Learn Spell and Spell Failure percent chance results rolled from the Character Abilities on the Main tab appear to be incorrectly normalized.
Version: 2E v2020.06.11

That was corrected last week, update the ruleset and it should work as you expect.

kylemahaney
July 28th, 2020, 15:20
Not sure if it is intentionally disabled but the new menu interface appears to not load in Unity. It just shows the classic interface, despite the switch being switched to it and Unity restarting.

celestian
July 28th, 2020, 17:09
Not sure if it is intentionally disabled but the new menu interface appears to not load in Unity. It just shows the classic interface, despite the switch being switched to it and Unity restarting.

Unity does not (yet) have support for that system. Until they fully implement the API calls that exist in FGC it won't be enabled.

readymeal
July 29th, 2020, 09:50

if i was a conspiracy theorist, i would say it s on purpose as the 2E rule set is so much more complete and advanced than 5E... they don t want to make that gap even more obvious in FGU... i made the switch...not a regret. ;)

jab112
August 5th, 2020, 05:20
Just noted spell failure set wrong. Is failing on rolls above target when failing is blow target in this case.

celestian
August 5th, 2020, 07:21
Just noted spell failure set wrong. Is failing on rolls above target when failing is blow target in this case.

Thanks, fixed.

AD&D, is one thing if consistent on it's ability to be inconsistent on those types of things.

JohnD
August 5th, 2020, 16:19
if i was a conspiracy theorist, i would say it s on purpose as the 2E rule set is so much more complete and advanced than 5E... they don t want to make that gap even more obvious in FGU... i made the switch...not a regret. ;)

Celestian has been very, very good to us Old Schoolers playing online with his work and ongoing enthusiasm for this ruleset.

He's set a standard for all the other rulesets to be compared against in terms of automation and receptiveness to feedback and willingness to continue making improvements.

Kanaric
August 5th, 2020, 17:31
Multi selecting doesn't seem to be working. Like I have a character playing as a mage and if he selects a few monsters to apply a spell it only has one of them roll the save. Wondering if there is additional step we are missing or something.

celestian
August 5th, 2020, 18:38
Multi selecting doesn't seem to be working. Like I have a character playing as a mage and if he selects a few monsters to apply a spell it only has one of them roll the save. Wondering if there is additional step we are missing or something.

You didn't mention what platform (FGU/FGC). As this works in FGC I presume you mean FGU. You might wish to report that in the FGU forum. I was able to replicate that behavior.

jab112
September 7th, 2020, 23:31
I'm getting the error in fgu "Script execution error: [string "campaign/scripts/manager_char.lua"]:328: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)" when working with npc.

celestian
September 8th, 2020, 01:51
I'm getting the error in fgu "Script execution error: [string "campaign/scripts/manager_char.lua"]:328: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)" when working with npc.

Please give the exact items you are working on and what npc.

jab112
September 8th, 2020, 04:29
Opening NPC character sheet form NPC menu. Happen with MM and TOEE.

celestian
September 8th, 2020, 19:48

I opened NPCs from MM and ToEE in FGU and get no errors. I had local copies as well and opened those and they generated no errors.

JohnD
September 8th, 2020, 21:21

Do you have any active extensions?

gbhenderson
September 22nd, 2020, 18:04
I'm having an issue with some of the "Complete" handbooks, Tome of Magic, and Faith & Avatars in Unity. Clicking the class links in Library, a lot of the links for tables in the Class window show up as a blank "new story" instead of the actual table.

esmdev
September 22nd, 2020, 18:28
I'm having an issue with some of the "Complete" handbooks, Tome of Magic, and Faith & Avatars in Unity. Clicking the class links in Library, a lot of the links for tables in the Class window show up as a blank "new story" instead of the actual table.

I loaded all the completes, I don't have the other two, but the class links in library seem to be working fine for me. Are you running any extensions?

celestian
September 22nd, 2020, 18:31
I loaded all the completes, I don't have the other two, but the class links in library seem to be working fine for me. Are you running any extensions?

I had the same experience as esmdev including when I tested Tome and Faiths. Classes displayed as expected.

gbhenderson
September 22nd, 2020, 18:48

Just the Dungeon theme and the 2E decals.

I had the same experience as esmdev including when I tested Tome and Faiths. Classes displayed as expected.

Classes show up just fine, it's the links to the tables that aren't working. Here's a screenshot that probably explains it better. Just grabbed a Wild Mage from Tome of Magic for an example.

celestian
September 22nd, 2020, 19:13
Just the Dungeon theme and the 2E decals.

Classes show up just fine, it's the links to the tables that aren't working. Here's a screenshot that probably explains it better. Just grabbed a Wild Mage from Tome of Magic for an example.

Ah, that is more clear. Sure enough the "READ ONLY" PHB broke more things in the handbooks. I'll go over the Complete books. Franky will have to fix the other 2.

gbhenderson
September 22nd, 2020, 19:17
Thanks Celestian! Do I need to post somewhere else for Franky? As you can tell by my post count, I'm a forum newbie.

esmdev
September 22nd, 2020, 19:22
Thanks Celestian! Do I need to post somewhere else for Franky? As you can tell by my post count, I'm a forum newbie.

Franky is the developer for those two products, likely Celestian or SmiteWorks will notify him.

gbhenderson
September 22nd, 2020, 19:23
Thanks Esmdev!

Frankison
September 23rd, 2020, 02:15

This is fine I'll do a deep dive on all 3 books this weekend and make sure everything is working. There are a lot of other things I have already fixed I just want to clean up a few more things.

Devil Dog
September 23rd, 2020, 23:21
Hello,
On April 18, 2019 someone mentioned a bug with dwarf/gnome ability of +1 to attack goblins/orcs. The thread said that when targeted goblins/orcs, they were coming up as 'humanoid'. Celestian shortly replied that he/you fixed this bug. When my dwarf or gnome targets a goblin, it does in fact say 'targets: goblin" rather than 'humanoid" in the combat tracker. Also, under the dwarf/gnome's 'effects' tab, it list the +1 bonus. However, when I make the attack role, it does not add the +1 to attack. What am I missing? Thanks.

celestian
September 24th, 2020, 00:48
Hello,
On April 18, 2019 someone mentioned a bug with dwarf/gnome ability of +1 to attack goblins/orcs. The thread said that when targeted goblins/orcs, they were coming up as 'humanoid'. Celestian shortly replied that he/you fixed this bug. When my dwarf or gnome targets a goblin, it does in fact say 'targets: goblin" rather than 'humanoid" in the combat tracker. Also, under the dwarf/gnome's 'effects' tab, it list the +1 bonus. However, when I make the attack role, it does not add the +1 to attack. What am I missing? Thanks.

Not sure where the "target" point came into play as it has no value in determining the effect is applied. What matters is if the character must be in the CT and the NPC must have the setting "type" related to the effect. In this case the type needs to be either "orc" or "goblin".

Devil Dog
September 24th, 2020, 01:55
I figured targeting mattered as it is not a +1 to every attack, just those attacks directed at orcs/goblins. I had other creatures in the CT other than the goblin, in case that matters. All I know is that when the dwarf targets the goblin and makes an attack role, +1 is not being added to the roll. I imagine I'm missing something as I wouldn't think that this bug would go unnoticed for so long if it was widespread. So I'm trying to find out what I am missing.

celestian
September 24th, 2020, 05:20
I figured targeting mattered as it is not a +1 to every attack, just those attacks directed at orcs/goblins. I had other creatures in the CT other than the goblin, in case that matters. All I know is that when the dwarf targets the goblin and makes an attack role, +1 is not being added to the roll. I imagine I'm missing something as I wouldn't think that this bug would go unnoticed for so long if it was widespread. So I'm trying to find out what I am missing.

I cannot reproduce your problem.

https://i.imgur.com/pKoMY2Z.png

esmdev
September 24th, 2020, 06:56
Celestian, you should watch your background selection or you might get moderated, lol. :)

celestian
September 24th, 2020, 15:50
Celestian, you should watch your background selection or you might get moderated, lol. :)

Hahaha, I didn't notice. Classic. :)

gbhenderson
September 24th, 2020, 17:19
Wrong thread...sorry

Devil Dog
September 27th, 2020, 00:13
Here is my screen shot. I can't tell if it is applying the +1.

JohnD
September 27th, 2020, 00:53
Here is my screen shot. I can't tell if it is applying the +1.

It doesn't look like it.

Devil Dog
October 1st, 2020, 21:27
Yet it clearly shows the ATK:1 under the Dwarf's active effects, and he is clearly targeting the goblin. Any ideas?

celestian
October 1st, 2020, 21:38
Yet it clearly shows the ATK:1 under the Dwarf's active effects, and he is clearly targeting the goblin. Any ideas?

As I mentioned earlier I cannot reproduce this issue. I would suggest removing your extensions (theme) and try again. If that doesn't work create a new campaign, load the character there and drop a Goblin from the 2E MM into the CT and try there.

Devil Dog
October 7th, 2020, 23:48
Oh well, thanks for trying. I guess it won't be that difficult to have the player hit the +1 modifier each time they target a goblin/orc. Hopefully, this is the only bug.
Oh by the way, I'll just throw out there as well that I am still using Fantasy Grounds classic, if that could matter.

celestian
October 8th, 2020, 00:03
Oh well, thanks for trying. I guess it won't be that difficult to have the player hit the +1 modifier each time they target a goblin/orc. Hopefully, this is the only bug.
Oh by the way, I'll just throw out there as well that I am still using Fantasy Grounds classic, if that could matter.

Did you try what I suggested?

I run all my tests in FGC unless someone says they are specifically using FGU.

damned
October 8th, 2020, 02:15
You havent targeted the Goblin properly somehow
Look at the different descriptions between your screenshot and Celestians

galfaroth2000
October 9th, 2020, 22:00
You havent targeted the Goblin properly somehow
Look at the different descriptions between your screenshot and Celestians

Chaz is not targeting the goblin... is just doing attacks against "air", that's why you are not getting the bonus.

galfaroth2000
October 9th, 2020, 22:09
Thanks again for all the improvements you do every week.

1.- Is it possible right now or maybe in the future to get the custom field for duration in the EFFECTS->Custom section...?
I mean, if you create an advanced effect, let's say in a character sheet, it is possible to set the duration to 1d4+3 rnd... but in EFFECTS section (where also conditions are found), you can only set fixed durations.
2.- Can an effect/ advanced effect modify the movement, let' say change the move index of a human from 12 to 6, because he/she is injured?

celestian
October 10th, 2020, 04:11
Thanks again for all the improvements you do every week.

1.- Is it possible right now or maybe in the future to get the custom field for duration in the EFFECTS->Custom section...?
I mean, if you create an advanced effect, let's say in a character sheet, it is possible to set the duration to 1d4+3 rnd... but in EFFECTS section (where also conditions are found), you can only set fixed durations.
2.- Can an effect/ advanced effect modify the movement, let' say change the move index of a human from 12 to 6, because he/she is injured?

I'm not clear on what you mean on 1. Can you show me in a SS or something what you mean (in EFFECTS section).

Currently there is not an effect that will adjust move base.

Merell
October 10th, 2020, 19:55
One work around for #2 you could make an item that would put the character to the next encumbrance level and name it Injury then put it on their character, assuming you are using encumbrance rules.

Sterno
October 10th, 2020, 22:22
You can't change move base with an effect, but it's pretty simple to set on a character.

https://i.imgur.com/FxUJwrl.gif

galfaroth2000
October 11th, 2020, 12:12
I'm not clear on what you mean on 1. Can you show me in a SS or something what you mean (in EFFECTS section).

I meant EFFECTS (from 1) can not use variable (dices) duration as Adv. Effects (2)

Btw. Tnkz for your solutions Merrel and Sterno.

celestian
October 11th, 2020, 19:52
I meant EFFECTS (from 1) can not use variable (dices) duration as Adv. Effects (2)

Btw. Tnkz for your solutions Merrel and Sterno.

Item/n/pc effects are not meant to have durations really. They are intended for persistent features. If you have a ability on a item/n/pc with a duration then I would recommend giving that item/n/pc a "power" that they can use when the power is activated with it' associated level/duration settings.

celestian
October 12th, 2020, 17:16

The update next week will have "MOVE" and "BASEMOVE" effect tags that can be used to adjust movement rate displayed values.

galfaroth2000
October 12th, 2020, 20:56
The update next week will have "MOVE" and "BASEMOVE" effect tags that can be used to adjust movement rate displayed values.

Nice celestian, you are great!!!

galfaroth2000
October 12th, 2020, 21:13
Item/n/pc effects are not meant to have durations really. They are intended for persistent features. If you have a ability on a item/n/pc with a duration then I would recommend giving that item/n/pc a "power" that they can use when the power is activated with it' associated level/duration settings.

OK, I understand the concept... Do you have any tip/idea on how to "manage" those powers, so you can have somewhere a pool of power, so you can easily add them to the target... Let say, I want to give "Stunned" for 1d4+2 rounds to a PC, and later I would like to apply this to another stunned PC...

celestian
October 12th, 2020, 23:12
OK, I understand the concept... Do you have any tip/idea on how to "manage" those powers, so you can have somewhere a pool of power, so you can easily add them to the target... Let say, I want to give "Stunned" for 1d4+2 rounds to a PC, and later I would like to apply this to another stunned PC...

https://i.imgur.com/o1JlfOH.gif

This is how I would handle your PM issue also.

galfaroth2000
October 13th, 2020, 16:19
This is how I would handle your PM issue also.

Thank you so much...;)

galfaroth2000
October 27th, 2020, 14:56
Hi again, sorry to be bothering again.

MAIN Question: Is it possible to set the reach value directly for PCs or NPCs sheets, before they are added to CT?

Sub question not very important: It would be possible to have another "reach layer" to show the movement reach for the characters in the CT/Maps... I know this value can change depending on if is running or nor, but usually is quite static.
Right now I´m using auras to show that in maps.

Sub question 2: Are the MOVE and BASEMOVE tags ready to use now? Can the BASEMOVE be used with $ in order to set the Base Move of a character to percentage like 75% of the base move: "MOVE: -[$BASEMOVE/4]"

celestian
October 27th, 2020, 16:21
Hi again, sorry to be bothering again.

MAIN Question: Is it possible to set the reach value directly for PCs or NPCs sheets, before they are added to CT?

Sub question not very important: It would be possible to have another "reach layer" to show the movement reach for the characters in the CT/Maps... I know this value can change depending on if is running or nor, but usually is quite static.
Right now I´m using auras to show that in maps.

Sub question 2: Are the MOVE and BASEMOVE tags ready to use now? Can the BASEMOVE be used with $ in order to set the Base Move of a character to percentage like 75% of the base move: "MOVE: -[$BASEMOVE/4]"

No, there is no automated means to set the reach. Reach and token size are determined based on "size" parsing when dropped.

BASEMOVE is to set the movement of the target to X, MOVE allows you to modify the move by X amount. There are no {macros} to retrieve those move values within an effect.

davedcne
November 6th, 2020, 00:44
Apologies if this has already been asked before I've had little luck with the search function on the forums or site search. Are there plans to add the players option : skills and powers book, more of the race books (dwarves gnomes etc...) to the 2e rule sets available for purchase within FGU?

celestian
November 6th, 2020, 02:38
Apologies if this has already been asked before I've had little luck with the search function on the forums or site search. Are there plans to add the players option : skills and powers book, more of the race books (dwarves gnomes etc...) to the 2e rule sets available for purchase within FGU?

I've got the Dwarf and gnome books on my TODO list. With day job schedule and FGU going advancing I'm not sure when either will be done however. I've no immediate plans to write support in for the PO rules due to the extent of differences between it and the Core AD&D rules.

galfaroth2000
February 2nd, 2021, 11:08
Hi again...
1.- I have troubles setting-up an effect on a weapon.
I want the weapon to inflict radiant damage if hits an undead.
so
IFT: TYPE (undead); DMGTYPE: radiant
but this seems not to be working...
If I use DMGTYPE: radiant, on the weapon, effectively set the damage as radiant, but for all enemy types, not only for the undead.
DMGTYPE can not be part of an IFT sentence?

2.- The CT of my campaign is somehow stuck... as DM I see a clean fresh CT with no actors, but on the players side, they are 4 actors present... none of them actually do anything or stuck the game besides annoying the view.

celestian
February 2nd, 2021, 15:18
Hi again...
1.- I have troubles setting-up an effect on a weapon.
I want the weapon to inflict radiant damage if hits an undead.
so
IFT: TYPE (undead); DMGTYPE: radiant
but this seems not to be working...
If I use DMGTYPE: radiant, on the weapon, effectively set the damage as radiant, but for all enemy types, not only for the undead.
DMGTYPE can not be part of an IFT sentence?

2.- The CT of my campaign is somehow stuck... as DM I see a clean fresh CT with no actors, but on the players side, they are 4 actors present... none of them actually do anything or stuck the game besides annoying the view.

1) DMGTYPE doesn't work with IF/T. Tried it in 5e to see if I had simply changed it but it doesn't work in there either (where the effect code was sourced from).

2) There was a edge case issue with the active/deactive feature added a while back that might have caused some orphaned NPCs in the CT. Type "/sashow all" as host. Any npcs not active, will be... and show in the DM CT.

galfaroth2000
February 2nd, 2021, 18:45
Thanks for the prompt answer as allways.
1. Regarding DMGTYPE I will try to ask if something can be done in 5e to make it work.
2. If I type "/sashow all" (without the quotes) in the chat (either as GM or player), I only get the list of available "SLASH COMMANDS [required] <optional>"... I hope there is a typo error or I am using it in the wrong place.

celestian
February 2nd, 2021, 19:47
Thanks for the prompt answer as allways.
1. Regarding DMGTYPE I will try to ask if something can be done in 5e to make it work.
2. If I type "/sashow all" (without the quotes) in the chat (either as GM or player), I only get the list of available "SLASH COMMANDS [required] <optional>"... I hope there is a typo error or I am using it in the wrong place.

For what it's worth I don't utilize the 5e code anymore in that regard. If they do change it there I might can reverse engineer it and update the 2E ruleset but...that's not a given, just FYI.

Looks like the update I sent in with that command hasn't went out today as I expected. When they next update IS pushed out the command will be available.

galfaroth2000
February 2nd, 2021, 20:51
I did the full update... and worked 100%;) Thanks.
The SLASH command itself is not listed when you "ask the help of the commands".
You can consider as solved my issue.

celestian
February 2nd, 2021, 21:25
I did the full update... and worked 100%;) Thanks.
The SLASH command itself is not listed when you "ask the help of the commands".
You can consider as solved my issue.

The command is mostly "hidden" because it's not something anyone "should" need. It's there because of some of the issues with a version of the code that lasted about a week ;(

Glad it helped. Sorry for the original bug.

liveevil2000
February 21st, 2021, 14:59
After the last update there seems to be an issue with the enemy tokens showing its status/damage correctly. The damage shown in the CT is correct, but the token never shows any damage taken and shows as healthy even if the creature is dead.

Also, all saving throw modifiers from racial or item bonuses are not being calculated.

Is there something I should do on my end it fix these issues?

Moon Wizard
February 21st, 2021, 17:46
This is a known issue currently. I'm working with @Celestian to restore; but he's had limited access this week, since he's in Texas.

Regards,
JPG

Felgar
February 28th, 2021, 20:06
Good afternoon,

I can not figure out why the player view of the combat tracker will not clear. I was testing a module by running a localhost to see what the players see. I have deleted all Player and NPC from the DM viewed combat tracker but the Player's still see deleted NPCs and Players. I have removed all the players from the party sheet and the combat tracker, but still the Player Combat tracker shows the deleted N Attached is a screen shot of the two views.

celestian
February 28th, 2021, 20:29
Good afternoon,

I can not figure out why the player view of the combat tracker will not clear. I was testing a module by running a localhost to see what the players see. I have deleted all Player and NPC from the DM viewed combat tracker but the Player's still see deleted NPCs and Players. I have removed all the players from the party sheet and the combat tracker, but still the Player Combat tracker shows the deleted N Attached is a screen shot of the two views.

I cannot see your attachment.

If you are using the active/deactive modes for tokens on a map then you can use "/sashow all" or if you want to just purge your combat tracker entirely run "/saclean all". I am not sure how you could have gotten in a state where you could delete tokens and they be deactive at the same time but that is something you can try.

If you are not using that mode then im at a loss as to a cause without more information.

Felgar
February 28th, 2021, 20:42
Celestian,

Thanks for the quick response. I used the show option. I had tested using the active/deactive options, I recently watched your youtube video. I didn't realize it would hide the image. I am new to Fantasy Grounds and Im still learning, thanks for the information and I will definitely review all the chat commands.

On a side note, thanks for doing all of the 2e conversion, much appreciated.

Gunrsm8
March 7th, 2021, 01:55
I am making a class in the 2e ruleset. I am trying to add thieving skills. It is not allowing me to drag and drop them from the skills menu into the class sheet. Am I doing somethig wrong?

celestian
March 7th, 2021, 05:37
I am making a class in the 2e ruleset. I am trying to add thieving skills. It is not allowing me to drag and drop them from the skills menu into the class sheet. Am I doing somethig wrong?

Show me a screenshot where you are trying to drop it.

You need to drop it in the class skills tab for the level you're placing it.

Gunrsm8
March 7th, 2021, 13:49
I am trying to drop this skill on to this class.

celestian
March 7th, 2021, 17:56
I am trying to drop this skill on to this class.

You cannot drag/drop there. You create them with the specific fields necessary in that location. There is a skill option tab specific for each level that can be used as well.

https://i.imgur.com/1ZTaP47.png

https://i.imgur.com/ZjGTx9x.png

Gunrsm8
March 7th, 2021, 18:19
Thank you for all of your help. One more question since you pointed out those tab. Is it supposed to do something if I drop a weapon on to the weapon tab? Or the powers tab, if I wanted to create powers for a class? Also why did the skills not show up in the NWP area

celestian
March 7th, 2021, 18:42
Thank you for all of your help. One more question since you pointed out those tab. Is it supposed to do something if I drop a weapon on to the weapon tab? Or the powers tab, if I wanted to create powers for a class? Also why did the skills not show up in the NWP area

More than 1 question there ;)

https://i.imgur.com/xRvxfiV.gif

The skills tab is not the same as the nwp on the front page. Front page are granted immediately, 1st level. The other are granted at a specific level.

Gunrsm8
March 7th, 2021, 18:57
I just tried that and it did not work with the weapons. It did with the spell I dropped in there. Am I doing something wrong?

celestian
March 7th, 2021, 19:03
I just tried that and it did not work with the weapons. It did with the spell I dropped in there. Am I doing something wrong?

Drop it where the test says to drop it. I.e., on the text.

Grumpzz
March 29th, 2021, 20:48
Hello,
I hope I am in the right threat. I would like to request Wizards familiar to be coded into Fantasy Grounds, maybe at some point in the future?. (Level 1 Familiar Spell).
* That will add the Hit Points
* That will add any feature, trait, or advance effect

And maybe add a tab to the character record for the familiar? That will contain familiar information, (It's stat block, equipment)

Button on side bar for familiar choices? (for easy click and drag)

galfaroth2000
March 29th, 2021, 23:26
Hello,
I hope I am in the right threat. I would like to request Wizards familiar to be coded into Fantasy Grounds, maybe at some point in the future?. (Level 1 Familiar Spell).
* That will add the Hit Points
* That will add any feature, trait, or advance effect

And maybe add a tab to the character record for the familiar? That will contain familiar information, (It's stat block, equipment)

Button on side bar for familiar choices? (for easy click and drag)

I know you are asking for some degree of automation, but it won't work just to create the corresponding NPC, export it as PC... and let the player take ownership while the spell lasts? LAter ad DM, you take ownership until next use in the future.

Baron28
March 30th, 2021, 03:04
D&D 2E - Surprise die rolls default d10 after updated to d6. Can someone reproduce this issue, troubleshoot to determine root cause and implement a fix please? Thanks

UPDATE: This is no longer an issue. I need to download and install the AD&D 1E Properties to extension written by Celestian.

Move along...nothing to see here...

2bfjs
April 9th, 2021, 20:27

Accidentally dropped this pointer in the wrong place and crashed FGU to unrecoverable state. The issue is repeatable in other 2e campaigns with only core rulebook modules loaded and no extensions.

celestian
April 9th, 2021, 21:11

Accidentally dropped this pointer in the wrong place and crashed FGU to unrecoverable state. The issue is repeatable in other 2e campaigns with only core rulebook modules loaded and no extensions.

Looks like CoreRPG CombatManager, which is where the "other drops" (not npc/pc/powers/items/etc) are sent to, doesn't do sanity checking. I did that as a catch all for "anything else I didn't specifically search for" but I've disabled that in my code now.

I'd recommend not doing it until it comes out in a couple weeks.

Felgar
April 16th, 2021, 02:43
Celestian,

Thanks for the quick response. I used the show option. I had tested using the active/deactive options, I recently watched your youtube video. I didn't realize it would hide the image. I am new to Fantasy Grounds and Im still learning, thanks for the information and I will definitely review all the chat commands.

On a side note, thanks for doing all of the 2e conversion, much appreciated.

There seems to be an issue now when using the "/sashow all" slash command. Was having the same issue with the Player Tracker, I assumed it was the same issue with me hiding tokens. When I type in the command and hit enter a list of slash commands appears in the chat box. Unlike before any hidden tokens in the Combat Tracker do not appear. I tested by purposely hiding tokens and typing the command to have them appear again in the Combat Tracker. Again thank you for your assistance.

celestian
April 16th, 2021, 06:01
There seems to be an issue now when using the "/sashow all" slash command. Was having the same issue with the Player Tracker, I assumed it was the same issue with me hiding tokens. When I type in the command and hit enter a list of slash commands appears in the chat box. Unlike before any hidden tokens in the Combat Tracker do not appear. I tested by purposely hiding tokens and typing the command to have them appear again in the Combat Tracker. Again thank you for your assistance.

The command is /ctshow all and /ctclean all

gbhenderson
April 18th, 2021, 00:06
Found some typos in the extended spell progression tables in Faiths & Avatars.

Extendend Priest Spell Progression
Level 33 should be 10 10 10 10 9 9 9

Extended Wizard Spell Progression
Level 12 should be 4 4 4 4 4 1
Level 25 should be 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 4
Level 28 should be 6 6 6 6 6 6 6 6 6
Level 33 should be 7 7 7 7 7 7 7 7 7

Extended Bard Spell Progression
Level 3 should be 2
Level 5 should be 3 1
Level 7 should be 3 2 1

Wouldn't have even noticed these if it hadn't been for the level 28 wizard spells (6 6 7 7 7 6 6 6 6).