PDA

View Full Version : character sheet linking data

jonsharland
September 7th, 2006, 09:50
Hi all.
I have a quick question.......

My character sheets skills section has the following fields

skill_points + Skill_base + skill_modifier = skill_total

skill_base is a number derived from base attributes - so strenght based skills will use the strength base.
so for dagger skills my caracter sheet has these fields that the player can fill in:
dagger_skill, dagger_base, dagger_modifier, dagger_total

I want the dagger_base to equal the Strenght_base.

is this possible.. and how would I do it

Thanks
Jon ;)

Oberoten
September 7th, 2006, 10:16
<numbercontrol name="dagger_base">
<bounds rect="455,684,34,19" />
<source name="strength_base" op="+" />
</numbercontrol>

Should do this if I understand what you want correctly?

sloejack
September 7th, 2006, 18:50
Wouldn't it be something more like the following?

<numbercontrol name="dagger_total">
<bounds rect="<coords to total box>" />
<source name="dagger_points" op="+" />
<source name="dagger_base" op="+" />
<source name="strength_mod" op="+" />
</numbercontrol>

It seems like the value of the total is being derived by the totals in 3 different fields. I'm only making a logical guess here as to how it would work. No ability to test at this time.

jonsharland
September 12th, 2006, 09:09
That works perfectly - great thanks guys...

Second question is the combat tracker (CT)

I have customised the combat tracker, I can drag the npc to the CT and all the stats apear. if I change a number say current_health in the CT it does not update the npc in personalities - is this correct or am I doing something wrong ?

Thanks
Jon

sloejack
September 12th, 2006, 13:22
I have customised the combat tracker, I can drag the npc to the CT and all the stats apear. if I change a number say current_health in the CT it does not update the npc in personalities - is this correct or am I doing something wrong ?

I believe the CT is probably displaying data linked from the NPC sheet. You'll want to look at the xml associated with the combat tracker and see what fields its pulling from the npc or character sheet. If you wanted to control what appears on the character or npc sheets with regards to current health you'd probably need a recipricol entry reading "current health" from the combat tracker.

Toadwart
September 13th, 2006, 02:28
Did you include a # infront of the field name in the 'acceptdrop' node? e.g.
<acceptdrop class="npc" fields="Name,#HP_Current" />

I think the # tells FG to maintain a link back to the source object. Without that you are really just copying the data across to the combat tracker and there is no 'link' back to the npc that the data came from.

jonsharland
September 14th, 2006, 12:24
Thanks for that putting the # worked great ...

Your a star !

Jon