PDA

View Full Version : Classic titles

hottoad
September 6th, 2006, 21:15
Anyone have a group that plays the classic modules? And if you do do you have room for anyone to join?

Griogre
September 6th, 2006, 22:10
You might try here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=49). And send bobthebuilder a PM. I'm not entirely sure what a classic module is though.

I'm running Rappan Athuk which *feels* like a classic module.

tdwyer11b
September 8th, 2006, 14:37
You might try here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=49). And send bobthebuilder a PM. I'm not entirely sure what a classic module is though.

I'm running Rappan Athuk which *feels* like a classic module.

RA was originally created for 1e, so I think it classifies as a classic module.

Griogre
September 8th, 2006, 20:44
RA was undoubtly created under earlier D&D rules the old maps show that pretty clearly as does the monster selections/choices. So it does "feel" like one of the early modules.

I was not sure he was refering to playing with 3.x rules though. RA currently assumes the 3.x ruleset which really doesn't play the same way AD&D or earlier played. I'm pretty sure that at one time RA was much bigger number of roomwise.

tdwyer11b
September 8th, 2006, 20:51
I'm pretty sure that at one time RA was much bigger number of roomwise.

In 3.x combat I'm sure if they kept the same amount of encounters due to a bunch of rooms, the module would take a veeeery long time to complete.:D

Griogre
September 8th, 2006, 20:59
Oh yeah, :D and you would be a lot higher level that the design of the level assumed - so it would be *boring*. :p Hard to feel that life or death struggle when you character are wailing away on stuff too easy (of course the definition of too easy and hard can be in the eye of the beholder, LOL).

tdwyer11b
September 8th, 2006, 21:36
Well from my experience in RA, its tough, death is most likely more common than life :D

bobthebuilder
September 13th, 2006, 10:24
Anyone have a group that plays the classic modules? And if you do do you have room for anyone to join?

As Griogre said, you may send me a private message because I run Classic D&D adventures using Fantasy Grounds and I do have several classic modules that I would be more than happy to run. This of course would be the original modules using the original D&D rules. Fast, easy and fun.