PDA

View Full Version : D&D 2E, 3.5E, 5E looking for something different. Wanting to learn...

Beerbelly
April 13th, 2019, 03:11
Hello

I have been a D&D junkie and DM for 20+ years. Unfortunatly, my group knows all the monsters and tricks, so I'm looking for a similar type of system that can break up the routine a bit. This looks good. Any groups out there looking for a player, short term or possibly long term, I'm listening. Or if anybody would be around to show me some of how it works.

Also, how is the system in FG? I looked into 13th Age and heard there were a lot of bugs. Any info is great,

Thanks

- Beerbelly

GunnarGreybeard
April 13th, 2019, 06:25
I give it a look over every once in a while (screenshots and comments) but it never gets much further than that. You might want to touch base with JohnD (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/member.php?21750-JohnD).

Topdecker
April 15th, 2019, 15:20
I started running a C&C campaign at the top of the year. We have weekly 3 hour sessions and the party is just now starting to hit second level.

In terms of feeling / playing like AD&D, it is pretty much spot on. I had largely forgotten how much time is invested in gaining each level - and decided to basically double the rewards, though that is still pretty slow.

I have noted no problems or bugs with the ruleset - it is fully functional though not as automated as 5e (but then, no other ruleset is). I haven't missed 5e at all and have greatly enjoyed how easy it is to import/rebuild portions of old classic modules. C&C is like the universal translator for converting 1e, 2e, and 3e modules. One thing that I haven't worked on is that spells and spell damage seems disconnected from the combat system - it is something that I will try to get working in a more automated fashion or otherwise figured out, but at first level there isn't an abundance of wildfire magic cutting loose.

Anyhow, I am very pleased with the C&C ruleset. It isn't wildly popular which is unfortunate because the level of support and quality of work is very high.

JohnD
April 15th, 2019, 16:59
Hi Beerbelly. Welcome to FG.

Drop me a PM and we can see if your availability and my games match up in some way (along with the general style of game you're looking for).