PDA

View Full Version : LFP 3 Players Thur Nights 7PM EDT USA Call of Cthulhu

gaaron_g
April 12th, 2019, 15:23
FG License: Players need a standard FG license
Game System: Call of Cthulhu 7 ed.

Time Zone: Eastern Day Time USA
Day of week and time: Weekly, Thursdays, 7PM - NLT 10PM

Looking for interest in Call of Cthulhu before I purchase the FG materials. We will start with a short adventure that will run 1-2 sessions, 3 max. I've GM'd CoC a few times before but am not super knowledgeable. New players are welcome. The first session date is TBD until I find some players, but it will be a Thursday night as outlined above.

Text or Voice: Voice
Voice software used: Discord

Looking for 3 players that can commit up to 3 sessions. There may be more if the first scenario goes well. Call of Cthulhu is a game of atmosphere, so I'm looking for players that want to get immersed into the game, become their characters, no distractions during game time, etc. Must have a good audio setup, a quiet place to play, etc. CoC is about facing the unknown and unknowable as you try to retain your sanity and your life. Characters deaths happen a lot, but that's the FUN part! Just try to die well. :)

Link to Game Calendar page: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=3456

Bluedragon1203
April 13th, 2019, 22:56
Hey, I might be interested, although I admit I'm more intrigued by published scenarios and/or campaigns. I've been a Keeper before and really enjoy the atmosphere that can be built in a Lovecraftian game. Would you be wanting to run a Homebrew or a published one?

gaaron_g
April 13th, 2019, 23:22
It will be a published adventure, probably from Doors to Darkness.

PoohPuss
April 14th, 2019, 09:47
I'm game. Probably haven't played 7th ed, but I'll learn soon enough.

Crozlo
April 14th, 2019, 15:38
I've never played the game, but have played lots of D&D and am very familiar with FG. I'd be interested. THanks.

TheShroud
April 14th, 2019, 16:39
If you have any slots still open I might be down! :)

gaaron_g
April 14th, 2019, 20:06
Thanks to everyone who responded so far. I'm encouraged by the interest not only with CoC, but in the schedule/timezone that I suggested. I will purchase the material and get myself up to speed on FG. (I'm fairly new to FG, but am NOT new to online gaming.) More to come soon...

TheShroud
April 14th, 2019, 22:31
Cool what era are you looking at playing in? I had an initial concept I wanted to run. if its in the 1890s-1940s I was thinking of starting off with a stage magician who is obsessed with history and the unknown. I even made this earlier (i tend to make various things no matter how long a character might live or die lol) https://imgur.com/a/JTykF7z

gaaron_g
April 15th, 2019, 18:25
Thanks for your interest. It will be in the 1920's / 30's era.

SeaFox1775
April 15th, 2019, 19:59
Thanks for your interest. It will be in the 1920's / 30's era.

Definatly interested in playing, new to Fg but I've been meaning to try it out anyway.(btw this is joe from r20)

gaaron_g
April 17th, 2019, 19:31
I just added the game to the calendar. First session is Thursday, April 25th starting at 7PM EDT, ending by 10PM EDT.

Link to Game Calendar page: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=3456