PDA

View Full Version : How to create/share Hot Keys for each Character in a Campaign??

Benny
April 11th, 2019, 22:48
It's my understanding that hotkeys are stored under each character in a specific campaign.

I'm hosting a campaign for some players who don't have the time to set up the dozens of hot keys to run their characters smoothly...especially now they're getting to higher levels.

Option #1? Can I log into their characters somehow and create hot keys for them so when they log in it's all set up for them?

Option #2? I've found my hot keys under campaign>usersettings>hotkeys_host.xml
Do I have the option to create all their macros and then copy this file, share it with them, and they plug it in the same folder on their computer?

Option #3? Something I'm not aware of...or do I just need to share a screen recording instructional video and they create the macros on their computers?

Thanks in advance!

Zacchaeus
April 11th, 2019, 22:59
You can’t acces their computer’s tgat’s For sure and whilst the hotkey do exist in your campaign folder I am not sure that you can send copies of that to another person. You can copy that file into another campaign but not entirely sure if it works on another computer. The players also store their campaign in their cache rather than in a campaign like the DM does.It would be your only option I feel. Having said that if you have dozens it may take someone a long time to figure out which hotkey does what so they’d be quicker just using the character sheet normally.

Also I am really struggling to think how you would need dozens of hotkeys but I suppose that comes down to personal preference.

LordEntrails
April 12th, 2019, 00:39
imo, your best best is to connect to your campaign as a player, chose their PC, and then create the hotkeys from there. Then go into your cache and copy out the usersettings\hotkeys.xml file and send it to your player.

It might work...

Targas
April 12th, 2019, 05:30
To let have all Players (and the DM partially) have the same hotkeys would be convenient, in addition to some individual hotkeys. E.g. the DM tells all players to ‚Press F8‘ to access the equiptment list, ‚Press F6‘ to access their character specific class information, and so on. No more digging in the Library first, Reference manual of a module second, and putting it somewhere third, where players cannot remember what they put.

LordEntrails
April 12th, 2019, 18:34
To let have all Players (and the DM partially) have the same hotkeys would be convenient, in addition to some individual hotkeys. E.g. the DM tells all players to ‚Press F8‘ to access the equiptment list, ‚Press F6‘ to access their character specific class information, and so on. No more digging in the Library first, Reference manual of a module second, and putting it somewhere third, where players cannot remember what they put.
The wishlist is in Mr Z's signature. Its the best place to make enhancement requests/suggestions.