PDA

View Full Version : Space Battle needs a 60º and a 120º arc!!!

brunocalado
April 11th, 2019, 22:19
Starfinder uses 60º and 120º arcs for space combat.

So little was done by this aspect of the module I think they could at least put the arcs with proper angles.

Please take a look at this.

The blue lines are how Starfinder space battle arc should be.

This is from the rule book.

Octavious
April 15th, 2019, 07:07
HI ,
when I was playing SF I made a png file of the arc .. I just placed it over the ship Icon and set it in same direction as ship to figure out the weapon arcs.. here is an example it has a black background for clarity seemed to work good

dulux-oz
April 15th, 2019, 07:34
HI ,
when I was playing SF I made a png file of the arc .. I just placed it over the ship Icon and set it in same direction as ship to figure out the weapon arcs.. here is an example it has a black background for clarity seemed to work good

For those with a little bit of code-monkey in them - you could always use the Custom Pointers Toolkit (here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Custom_Pointers_Coding_Toolkit)) to make some up. :)

brunocalado
April 15th, 2019, 13:50
HI ,

I tried, but is not a good way.

brunocalado
April 15th, 2019, 13:51
For those with a little bit of code-monkey in them - you could always use the Custom Pointers Toolkit (here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Custom_Pointers_Coding_Toolkit)) to make some up. :)

This is outdated. First thing I tried.

dulux-oz
April 16th, 2019, 05:00
This is outdated. First thing I tried.

Shouldn't be - I used it only a couple of weeks ago

brunocalado
April 16th, 2019, 12:55
Shouldn't be - I used it only a couple of weeks ago

File locations did not match.

But, if you succeeded could you split your code with me?

Thank you.

stephan_
April 27th, 2019, 10:42
Thanks for the suggestions.

Attached a png if anyone else needs it (black in order to make it as unobtrusive as possible).

I actually combined it with the starship token itself (but can't share these images due to copyright reasons).

docwat232
January 18th, 2020, 19:38
I made some star-ship arc tokens to use under my ship tokens. It works great on the middle layer if you use the map layer extension.

The blue token is an example.

There are seven colors in the .zip file. Blue, green, orange, red, violet, white, and yellow.

superteddy57
January 18th, 2020, 19:45
Facing is enabled to assist with this as well. Just have to turn it on in the options within FG.