PDA

View Full Version : Coins, Tokens and Images Help

Wise Orc Tavern
April 11th, 2019, 12:21
Hi, I am using the card extension beacuse I like to give to my players images of all their weapons and show all characters, just so they can keep and look at it.

Question 1

I would like to give them a way to see an image of their coins, copper, silver, gold and platinum ones, so they could count them while looking at them.

Ideas:

1. Is it possible to give just a token that they can keep with a counter?
2. Is there a way to create an image with a number on it? I can do that with the card extension, but players can't alter the number, and no way I will keep managing their accounts.
3. I am using trello, so I can create "cards" with images (I also use it as a campaign diary), so I would be ok with a third part software.

Question 2

How can I open characters portraits as an Image inside the game?

Only way I see how to do it is to create a note with a link. Is there any other way? I want player to be albe to click on their portraits and see a higger version of the image, and maybe let other players do the same. So is there a way to put a link on the character sheet itself?

Zacchaeus
April 11th, 2019, 21:41
I am not clear on why you need the card extension to share images with your players. If you have an image in your campaign then you can just share that image with them. If the item is a magic item then you can link an image to the item.

You can't create images in FG so if you want images with numbers you'd need to do that externally.

There isn't a way for FG to 'open' a portrait since you can't link anything to the portrait (The portrait is linked of course to the portraits folder). Portraits are in any case only 100x100 or so. If you want your players to have a larger image again you would need to get that from outside FG and place the image in the campaign folder and then share it with your players.

LordEntrails
April 12th, 2019, 00:35
Just create the items (sword, gold, etc) as a regular FG item, then in the entry for the item itself, add a link to the image.

It is reverse of the order you might be thinking of, but its the way FG works best.