PDA

View Full Version : Module Location

flekhabren
April 10th, 2019, 20:17
I was wanting to pull some data from module xml files to make a reference sheet for some of the information across modules but when I go to the modules folder I don't see the extra purchased modules for 5e. I see them in the program so I know they should be there.

What am I missing?

Trenloe
April 10th, 2019, 20:23
Most commercial 5E modules are encrypted in the vault directory and you can't access them directly.

flekhabren
April 10th, 2019, 20:27
That would be why I cant find them then. No easy reference sheet for me then. :(

thanks

Trenloe
April 10th, 2019, 20:31
It depends on the data you want to pull. If they are in the campaign data (accessible through the buttons down the right side of the desktop) you can drag/drop to make a copy of the records you're interested in and then can export those records into a module - which will give you an idea of the XML structure, or may even give you the type of module you're looking for.

flekhabren
April 10th, 2019, 21:31
Yeah, I can copy it onto a character, or that. Just looking for something a little less time consuming.

LordEntrails
April 11th, 2019, 04:38
Or make a story entry for each "Reference Sheet" and then copy the links from the various modules to that story entry?