PDA

View Full Version : Cannot Connect as a Player via Mobile Wi-Fi Tether

MadDogMaddux
April 10th, 2019, 17:37
I'm trying to join a campaign that I have been part of for some time, and I use my phone's Wi-Fi hotspot as my internet. This has not been a problem at all until just recently, when I stopped being able to join the game or to connect via the FG Updater when tethering to my phone.

As a troubleshoot test I grabbed my wife's phone and was able to connect to both using hers.

I haven't had a phone update in 2 months, so I don't think that can be the issue, I was able to connect 2 weeks ago without any trouble. Any help?

Phone: Nokia 8 on Android 9, using stock Wi-Fi tether
Carrier: T-Mobile
Computer is running Windows 10
FG Version 3.3.7

Of note, when I go to portchecker.com and check 1802 it says Closed. I've installed a Port Forwarding app (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.elixsr.portforwarder&hl=en_US) on the phone but have not been able to set it up to forward 1802 in any configuration that changes that outcome. I may just be doing that wrong?

Thanks!

MDM

Trenloe
April 10th, 2019, 17:53
You don't need port forwarding if you're a player.

It looks like windows is seeing your phone's WiFi tether connection different from your wife's phone. First thing to check would be if that connection is showing as public - if so, change it to private.

MadDogMaddux
April 10th, 2019, 17:57
Sorry, forgot to add that to the first post! Yes, I've deleted the connection, re-remembered it, and set it up as private.