PDA

View Full Version : MoreCore Mental Damage

VenomousFiligree
April 10th, 2019, 14:53
Would it be possible to add mental damage to MoreCore, acting similarly to health and wounds?

damned
April 11th, 2019, 04:36
More info please.
Way too sparse on detail.

VenomousFiligree
April 11th, 2019, 06:45
A duplicate of health and wounds (which is for physical damage) for mental damage. A mental heath status bar would be nice but not essential.

damned
April 11th, 2019, 08:14
You would need to write an extension to do that.
If you arent using c4 or c5 you could use those and apply the damage manually.

VenomousFiligree
April 11th, 2019, 08:39
Ok, here's hoping its within my capabilities! :)

damned
April 11th, 2019, 08:54
So lets start by working out what you need before you start changing stuff.

What do you want to have in the Combat Tracker?
What are you currently using?
Current Health, Defence, Order?

How does normal combat work?
Comparing what to what?
How does normal damage work?
Is there anything that reduces damage?

Once you have the answers to those questions repeat for Mental attacks/damage.

VenomousFiligree
April 11th, 2019, 11:46
Everywhen has physical health (lifeblood) and optionally mental health (resolve). The mechanics are identical.

What do I want in the tracker? Currently I have removed everything except order as I didn't want health and damage if I couldn't have it for both lifeblood and resolve.

Damage can be in one of three forms - lasting, normal or fatigue. The easiest way at present would be to record these separately on the sheet, with their total being represented by wounds.

Armour reduces damage, which is a dice value (or optionally a static value), I'll likely keep this manual.

damned
April 11th, 2019, 12:08
Everywhen has physical health (lifeblood) and optionally mental health (resolve). The mechanics are identical.

What do I want in the tracker? Currently I have removed everything except order as I didn't want health and damage if I couldn't have it for both lifeblood and resolve.

Damage can be in one of three forms - lasting, normal or fatigue. The easiest way at present would be to record these separately on the sheet, with their total being represented by wounds.

Armour reduces damage, which is a dice value (or optionally a static value), I'll likely keep this manual.

Your answers may be clear to you but they are not clear to me.
You need to be really specific...
You need to have all the fields in the CT - you could get away only having Current Health and Current Mental for PCs but not for NPCs.
So you would need Current, Lasting, Normal, Fatigue x2

VenomousFiligree
April 11th, 2019, 12:32
Taken to the thread here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?48848-MoreCore-Everywhen-Extension).